TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
dangerous dauzenberg v2 [g]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 12:12:32 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

DANGEROUS DAUZENBERG v2

SAMUEL OSMIN'S AND JOHN DOUGLAS SULLIVAN'S GYM CHALLENGE

Set between WAR OF THE WORLDS and ACCUSATIONS OF ACCOUNTABILITY

A message is sent to the two ( and ) who issued a challenge at the Lilycove Gym months prior. While one of the issued challenges is comparably older than the other one, Selena's intuition tells that these two are the ones that should be paired together. After the events of the war, there have been a lot of adjustments to the gym's interior—apart from all the paperworks that the leader is expected to finish—which makes challenges a little too difficult to accommodate. While traditional gym battles continue to be held in the old location, some of its old functions have been relocated to a much bigger facility inside the complex.

The two will find themselves standing in-front of a large, ornamented front door: the site is a large mansion inspired by the architectural style of medieval Galar, adorned with decors made of gold. The sight of grandeur is alienated to the more modern edifice that surrounds the manor; the obelisks of steel and iron makes it more stand out among other infrastructures.

No one is outside the hall to accompany them inside. Not even . Instead, they are expected to enter the facility as soon as they reached the place together.

And once they enter the mansion, they will see how its facade leads to an even more sophisticated interior. A grand foyer welcomes them from the lounge, leading to a GRAND STAIRCASE that divides the house into symmetrical halves. The hall is made of marble tile flooring; there are DOORS leading to the east and west of the building. There are also SMALL WOODEN DOORS below the staircase but they appear to be closed.

As they walk further inside, a loud thud will catch them by surprise. THE FRONT DOOR IS SUDDENLY LOCKED. The second hand of grandfather clock starts ticking; then a rotom appears.

“BZZT! BZZT! HELLO! WELCOME TO LILYCOVE CITY MYSTERY ROOM GYM CHALLENGE! DON’T BE AFRAID! I AM ROTOM DRONE AND I'LL BE YOUR GUIDE IN ZZZOLVING THIZZZ MYSTERY AND FINDING YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS CHAMBER. BZZT!

“BUT FIRST! LET ME TELL A STORY...”

The house is called the Dautzenberg Mansion. It is the location of a massacre that happened fifteen years ago in a fictional Lilycove City. Until today, no one knows the story of how the killings transpired.

The Dautzenbergs are famous for introducing the Galarian scones to Hoenn. Everyone loves their pastry that it become a staple in all meals of every Hoennian household. It is their wise decision of bringing it to this region that made them the most successful businessmen in the east coast.

However, the news about their passing shocked the population. The entire household—the patriarch, his wife, kids and grandkids, including the maids and butlers—are founded dead in what is now known as the horrendous Dauzenberg massacre. People tried to investigate but no one has been able to solve the mystery of their deaths.

After hearing this legend, it is only then that the details inside the room starts to make sense. The red lining that adorns the marble floor is indeed not some details but DRIED BLOOD BLOTCHES. The VASE ORNAMENTS found at the corners of the hall are now seen to be tainted with bloodstains as well. The LARGE PAINTING by the balcony's ceiling doesn't go unnoticed; they will finally realize that it is among the remaining clues that identify their victims.

Lots of them are also laid out in the house that reeks of murder. It is now their turn to solve this mystery.

GUIDELINES

CLUES & DEDUCTIONS

No clues as of the moment.

DEDUCTIONS:
  • No deductions as of the moment.

CHECK THE MAP: [CLICK HERE]
Use this as a guide around the house. Worded clues are more accurate than visuals.

BZZT! BZZT! DON'T YOU WORRY! I'LL GIVE YOU TIPZZZ ON HOW TO COMPLETE THIZZZ CHALLENGE!

The challenge is completed when all the following guide questions are answered:

• WHO is the suspect?
  • WHAT happened?
  • WHEN did the crime happen?
  • WHERE did the crime happen?
  • WHY did the crime happen?
  • HOW did the crime happen?

Clues are laid out all around the area (BOLDED in every post!) and interacting with them prompts an opportunity to DEDUCE or ACQUIRE MORE CLUES. However, each challenger can only check one clue at a post in addition to their free choice to MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM.

You should be able to complete the Mystery Room Challenge "within the given time limit." Finishing the challenge despite lacking all necessary clues is possible as long as all the guide questions are answered correctly. Failure to do so will not earn the participants the Mystery Badge.

From time to time, there will be SKILL CHECK opportunities for player pokemons. They unlock clues that are crucial in answering the guide questions.

SHOULD THERE BE QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS THAT ARIZZZE, DO NOT HESITATE TO TELL ME! GOOD LUCK PLAYERZZZ!

GYM CHALLENGE: NON-TRADITIONAL
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 17:09:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"'Ey there, name's Doug! Looks like we'll be attached at the hip for the day!" He had said earlier, when the two first met at the gates. A lazy grin and a wave and he was ready to go into the ancestral home he was 100% certain he would not be able to afford if he worked every single day of the rest of his life.

Once inside, the doors slam closed behind them with a sonorous clap, jolting Doug.

"Ominous." He said, shaking off the jumpscare with a breath before the sound of rotating propeller's filled the air. A Rotom popped out of the shadows, drawing his both attention and admiration towards it, the youth cooing as he examined the little guy.

"Hello there, lil' guy. Pardon me the eyeup, first time seeing a Rotom Drone upclose!" He said, walking around it curiously before coming to a stop besides Oscar once again.

"Lookin' cool! Are ya part flyin' type?" He said while reaching over to run his finger over the surface of Rotom's body as it spoke.

Moments later, the story of the mansion came to an end, and the Rotom gave them a few tips to handle themselves.

"That's a lotta ws." A suitable challenge, had he any experience with investigations. A learning experience would more accurately describe it as things were.

He threw a look around the area before his gaze fell onto his companion, grinning at him.

"Dibs on the painting!" He said before springing up the many staircases towards the balcony.

Jogging to a stop across from it, his eyes falling over the many posh men and women depicted in the frame...

Before he casually reached under it, tugging up.

"Movies always have somethin' behind these..."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 21:37:13 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar had forgotten he had signed up for a gym challenge in Lilycove, and when he got the message that summoned him he was very surprised. By now he had no need of badges, but he supposed having some extra couldn't hurt. Besides, it wasn't like he was doing anything else today. 

Oscar met up with his partner at the gate, and already Oscar was exhausted. He didn't work well with strangers, so when the beaming young man introduced himself Oscar did his best to be polite. "Name's Samuel. Samuel Osman. Can't say I'm a team player but I'll do my best." The two eventually entered, and to Oscar's surprise the gym leader wasn't there to greet them. 

It was only when the rotom appeared that Oscar remembered why. This was a nontraditional challenge, and according to the drone they were to solve a mystery. Fine, should be easy enough. Oscar observed the obvious clues within the room: the vases, the blood splotches, and the painting. His partner went right for the painting, so Oscar decided to choose one of the other two.

"These blood splotches probably go somewhere." He observed the dried blood on the floor, trying to assess any details about the murder they might reveal.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 3:10:18 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

DANGEROUS DAUZENBERG v2

SAMUEL OSMIN'S AND JOHN DOUGLAS SULLIVAN'S GYM CHALLENGE

Set between WAR OF THE WORLDS and ACCUSATIONS OF ACCOUNTABILITY

Rotom is perplexed with 's fascination. The machine-possessing ghost pokemon does not do well with strangers too, but he tries his best especially when it's given a special task by his trainer. “BZZT! BZZT! NOT A FLYING TYPE; I'M A GHOZZZT!”

And as soon as they start looking around, this modesty seems to be washed away as he takes the center stage in explaining a lot of things.

“BZZT! BZZT! IT SEEMS THAT THIS IS A PAINTING OF THE DAUZENBURG FAMILY. ALL OF THEM ARE HERE WITH INCLUDING THEIR POKEMONZZZ. THEY ZZZEEM TO LOVE ELECTRIC-TYPE, DON'T THEY?”

The painting reveals THE PATRIARCH, THE MATRIARCH, THE TWO SONS, THEIR WIVES, AND THE THREE DAUZENBURG GRANDCHILDREN. Rotom notices they also have their pokemons with them, which includes A PIKACHU, A GALVANTULA, A LUXRAY, A ROTOM, AND A TOXTRICITY. One of his wings bump into the canvas, shaking it off, dropping a KEY that has been stuck in its compartment.

“OOPZZZ, NOW WHAT DOES THIS KEY DO?”

Samuel () will have a similar luck with the clue that he delves on. The blotch of blood has a pattern that seems like the source comes from a higher ground.

“BZZT! BZZT! I THINK THE BLOOD COMES FROM... THE UPPER GROUND!”

It is most likely that it comes from the BALCONY UPSTAIRS, although now that he's closer to it makes him think if the bloodstains on the VASE ORNAMENTS is related to it as well.

“ZZZO, DO WE CHECK THE VASE FIRST OR DO YOU WANT TO GO UPSTAIRZZZ?”

GUIDELINES

CLUES & DEDUCTIONS

DEDUCTIONS:
  • No deductions as of the moment.

CHECK THE MAP: [CLICK HERE]
Use this as a guide around the house. Worded clues are more accurate than visuals.

BZZT! BZZT! DON'T YOU WORRY! I'LL GIVE YOU TIPZZZ ON HOW TO COMPLETE THIZZZ CHALLENGE!

The challenge is completed when all the following guide questions are answered:

• WHO is the suspect?
  • WHAT happened?
  • WHEN did the crime happen?
  • WHERE did the crime happen?
  • WHY did the crime happen?
  • HOW did the crime happen?

Clues are laid out all around the area (BOLDED in every post!) and interacting with them prompts an opportunity to DEDUCE or ACQUIRE MORE CLUES. However, each challenger can only check one clue at a post in addition to their free choice to MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM.

You should be able to complete the Mystery Room Challenge "within the given time limit." Finishing the challenge despite lacking all necessary clues is possible as long as all the guide questions are answered correctly. Failure to do so will not earn the participants the Mystery Badge.

From time to time, there will be SKILL CHECK opportunities for player pokemons. They unlock clues that are crucial in answering the guide questions.

SHOULD THERE BE QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS THAT ARIZZZE, DO NOT HESITATE TO TELL ME! GOOD LUCK PLAYERZZZ!
GYM CHALLENGE: NON-TRADITIONAL
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 3:54:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"That they do, lil' guy. That they do." Said Doug as he stared intently at the portrait, squinting at it thoughtfully. After staring at it for a few seconds, he came to the conclusion that... he needed more clues.

With a new key now in hand, the youth glanced around the place before staring directly at the Rotom, grinning.

"Oh! Right! The doors below the staircase were closed, I think?" He said, scratching at his chin. They certainly looked that way. Descending the staircase, the youth glanced about for his companion.

"Oi! Found a key behin' the portrait. Pretty standar' stuff. How 'bout'cha?" He said as he rounded around the staircase and went directly below it, attempting to use his key to open the small wooden doors under it.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 21:20:35 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
While Doug examined the painting further, Oscar followed the bloodstains to the vase first. He inspected it as close as he could, observing its surface and innards. His attention was drawn away as Doug reappeared with a key, prompting a response from Oscar. "Oh shit, I really want to see where that goes to um.

Oscar didn't want to miss out on what the key revealed, but he didn't want to ditch the vase either. Should he take it with him? Did that classify as messing with evidence? Oscar concluded that whatever Doug finds will be relayed to him, so he stayed with the vase. "On second thought I'm all up in this vase. Tell me what you find I'll come look at it later."

Oscar examined the vase carefully, looking down its top to see if anything was hidden within.