[attr="class","omgenmid"]

LEAGUE CANONS
NON-COMBAT PVP
LORE BASED EVENT
OPTIONAL

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qn9nybSSUD1yjyalbo1.mp3[/player]
[break][break]

exposition

A NEW YEAR BRINGS NEW EXPECTATIONS. Civil unrest starts to manifest in the form of online criticisms that spike after the Three Day War. Now that the region no longer has to face the threat of Megalopolans, the people of Hoenn turn to address smaller and more personal issues. Will the League rise up to the situation? What about questionable events that have transpired, overshadowed and overlooked in the face of more imminent issues? [break][break][break]

New organizations have piggybacked on the rising popular of League scrutiny. Their joint coverage has finally applied enough pressure to force the League to host a press conference to address their questions and concerns. Those who have served the organization for years remember the consequences of a failed administration—the ousting of incumbent politicians and the appointment of new figures such as and . [break][break][break]

In attendance are renown reporters from Hoenn's most main stream news agencies. Among them, the infamous HNN, has deployed several crews to ask questions and drive down an exciting narrative that is sure to spike ratings. Who will come out in this contest of public opinion, the faithful representation of Hoenn's public servants or the keen propaganda of Team Rocket plants? [break][break][break]

It's up to the public to decide in the face of these ACCUSATIONS OF ACCOUNTABILITY! [break]

RULES

EVENT FORMAT

THIS EVENT IS A DIALOGUE BASED EVENT, meaning that players will go toe-to-toe with member spawned characters in an oratory contest to win public favor. There is no posting order but a moderator may post to move the thread along. [break][break][break]

All players may post representing a member of the press. These 'reporters' may field general questions aimed at anyone or target a question at a character present. We ask that players who are participating on behalf of the league do not ask character specific questions. They should also not answer their own question. [break][break][break]

Anyone may ask a question but that does not mean it will be answered. Characters present may choose which questions to answer and ignore some due to 'time constraints'. Other characters may also answer questions not aimed at them.[break][break][break]

Remember, this is an IC event and will reflect on your character's perception! We encourage you to stay true to your character but be conscious of how other characters may view you and how the act toward you going forward! Those who have difficulty handling conflict and would like to avoid such threads or plots do not have to participate! [break][break][break]

As a reminder, this is an IC event dealing with the general public. Information and questions presented should be issued from their Point of View. Although we as players may be privy to such information, that does not mean that the general public is. If you have any questions or want to clear if a question is okay to ask, message or ask in the #helpchannel of the discord. [break][break][break]

NOTE: If your Rocket character is present 'undercover' be wary that they must play the part. These characters may know more than the general public and use it for their questions. Be mindful that if you reveal too much the spotlight may turn onto you. [break][break][break][break]

CONTEXTUAL REMINDERS

For plots and thread that have not wrapped up, here is what the public knows:[break][break][break]
  • Team Rocket does not exist. Some League Officials may doubt it but the populace in general do not.
  • Various people went into a ruin in the desert. No further reports or information has been leaked.
  • The A.Q.U.A. initiative is only known by the Commissioner, Council, Head Ranger, and anyone they may have told.
  • The specifics of what happened on the War Fronts are not known unless noted otherwise in an HNN article.
  • The publicly known avatars are , , , , , and . None of the NPCs know about their powers.
[break][break][break]

OOC NOTES: This thread does not count for CURRY or LUCKY LETTERS. [break][break][break]

QUALIFIED PARTICIPANTS

OLD LEAGUE CANONS

Below is a list of League characters who have been called upon. They do not have to participate.[break][break]
Those who are canons but not listed are considered too new to be accountable for the past administration.[break][break][break]

[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#D67067;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#d4a53c,#d4a53c);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
49. ACCUSATIONS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 7:09:51 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
A young news reporter from Slateport Public Broadcasting smooths out her pencil skirt before taking the stand. She rises from her seat with a nervous grace, lump caught in her throat as she swallows to clear it. This will be the biggest news story of her fledgling career—as long as she can get someone to answer.

"To the Gym Leaders," her voice rings clear over the sound of her microphone. "What measures are you taking to secure your respective cities in the face of the frequent threats our region is facing?"

It's a softball question, one easy enough to answer without painting anyone in a bad light. This, she hopes, will get her the headline for her next article.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 7:37:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I have a question." One reporter spoke up, above the din. "Not long after the Battle of Mauville, there was a change to one 's Piki Page. It read, and I quote:" She glanced down at her papers, face flat and unchanging despite the mess about to come out of her mouth.

"'Fernando Silph likes to pull his dick through his sleeve, so people will shake his dick.' It then continues with 'The head of the Silph Co. once came in first place in the Posterchild for Abortion contest, and went on to pioneer several semen based cooking recipes.' Now," Looking back up, she raised a brow slightly. "This is clearly the work of a child but it's an example of how easy misinformation and confusion were spread, either through ignorance or malicious parties, directly after the battle. How will the League respond to emergencies in the future to ensure that the public does not have to do guesswork themselves?"

post in question

god allowed me the ability to write and i'm making it everyone else's problem
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 7:51:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The question takes him by surprise. His head tilts, eyebrow raised; subtle movements to belie an exuberant expression that many of his colleagues are sure to embrace in the ensuing questions.

"There is a due diligence when it comes to matters such as these." Fernando leans in so his voice comes out clearly but not too loud. His shoulders raise as he scoots his chair closer. "The League has officials channels that the public can use for accurate and up-to-date information. Although we rely on many public web services for our every day life, it is also important that we hold these company's accountable for their actions or lack thereof when it comes to online moderation. From a governmental standpoint, I understand the concern but would shy away from tackling a slippery slope that could be misconstrued as censorship."

It's bland, it's boring, but it's politically correct. Thankfully, Fernando is one of the more articulate people present considering his background and upbringing. Having to give public statements on behalf of Silph Co. have made a lot of his mannerisms practiced and fluent. It also helps that Silph money can afford to have a professional teach him when needed.

"In which case, as an individual, I would question anything I read online that comes off as questionable. If it turns out that such statements are untrue, I would question using an online resource that does not moderate their content and routinely provides me with incorrect information."

Fernando smiles at the reporter, ending his comment with scooting back.

"But that is a wonderful and insightful question. I am sure Piki would love the feedback to improve their services and how they can provide for their userbase."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 8:26:41 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 unaccostumed to such events, noah seems a little out of place. his gym uniform lacks the fabrics of formality, and his impulsive personality spills past clumsily on his tongue. there is no refined vocabulary: just feelings.

still, he does his best to answer. leaning forward against the table, noah comes terribly close to nudging the windscreens of the microphones.

"uh, so, noah faber here. verdanturf gym leader." he says, raising a hand. "at verdanturf's gym, we've been training a reserve of fighting-type pokemon and gym trainers to become an additional force to help officers and rangers in the local area."

he scratches his neck, fingers clawing at the stiff short hairs.

"but considering all of the craziness from the underground, i've been sending out gym trainers to rusturf tunnel to not only train there, but to patrol the area. and also, i plan on meeting with , since he recently became petalburg's gym leader, to see if we can uh, figure out a regular schedule of communication in case any worries should come about and if we need to warn each other of anything we see around our respective cities."

he leans back in his chair. cheeks puff as he exhales nervous breath against the barrage of flash photography.

@pressconference
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 15:42:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
In the midst of excited murmurs and camera flashes, a man whose lanyard marks him as a representative of the infamous 'HNN' rises to his feet. He takes the stand with confidence and clears his throat.

"Has there been any word of the escaped convict, Jules Cotillard, since his breakout in September? What security measures have been taken at Slateport Penitentiary to ensure that General Smohke will not escape?"

(referenced volume 4 - issue 1 and volume 4 - issue 2.)
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 16:21:36 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

This was something new to this gym leader and the first time he has been called for such a conference. The scarred man never had this experience in his pass gym leader title. He couldn’t help but feel somewhat… tense, though he hid it very well behind a placid expression. His warm gaze fall upon the mass of reporters, flashing of lights from cameras capturing pictures surely for the news. Maverick silently cleared his throat, shifting his attention from the crowd to the woman who spoke first.

Her question was a simple and direct, nothing that made Maverick give any kind of reaction. He has seen a few of these things get out of hand and could only hope that wasn’t the case today. Of course, he let other speak first. He gave no reaction to their replies, only leaning back in his chair away from the microphone with his arms crossed over his chest until it was his turn to voice up. The man leaned forward closer to the mic, his voice low and mono tone.

“Rustboro City Gym has opened its door to many trainers and civilians, both young and older, who have volunteered to help me and the Rustboro City Police keep our City and neighboring routes safe. Many have asked that I help them train in case of threats that may arise, which I accepted. I have lended out several of my own pokemon to aid anyone who feels they needed it. We asked everyone who has heard rumors or are worried about a threat to come forward and report them as soon as they can. The chief of police for Rustboro and I have been working very close together to keep things safe.”

Maverick paused, letting his warm crimson colored orbs shift from many pair of eyes that eagerly awaited his continued response. His expression remained the same however, looking rather tired. Or, was it boredom.

“I have also volunteered myself to help neighboring cities or towns if they feel they needed extra help and have sent out trainers to keep on the look out for suspicious activities or happenings around our area.” He paused again, taking in a deep breath and adjusted himself in his seat. “The gym has also been modified to provide a safe shelter and stocked with supplies if such events should arise. As the new gym leader of Rustboro, I have sworn to give aid no matter the cost.”

Again, he paused. This time however, he let his gaze shift to his fellow gym leaders who sat up there with him before turning his attention back to the crowd.

“We, as gym leaders, try to keep in close contact with each other the best we can to make sure the safety of our region is ensured.”

With that, several flashes of light blinded him as he leaned back away from the mic. At the moment, he had nothing more to say. Or at least, he couldn’t think of anything to say or anything that would satisfy them more. This was his first time doing anything like this. But, he has given Rustboro City his heart and he would be damned he would let someone or something crush it.

for @themass at ever grande city. oh mav. lol. side note. im not good a massive threads involving a lot of people. youll been warned. xD

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 2:01:05 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
Standing there, listening to the talk of safety of towns and criminal break outs. There was something lingering on the older man's face. Their badge regarded them as someone from a small news network than the HNN but one that was able to stay afloat anyway.

"What about ensuring the safety of the youth on their journey's? Yes we have ways for them to travel faster between towns but there are still the youth who will rough it in the wilds. Now the danger alone isn't wild pokemon, potential war can happen again if we aren't careful." The old news reporter questioned. "What is the league going to do to ensure that the youth can do their pokemon journeys without parents fearing something could go wrong? Or actual harm coming to them? The gym leaders alone can't watch their respective cities, the League is suppose to be a large group yes? But even then, you can't just watch every youngster who thinks they can handle traveling from town to town with their inexperience?"

Sure the phones in this age helped them greatly. But still...it's not like cops were on ever route, or stations set up for kids to rest in. Besides...what good would those do if a second war happened? There had to be something done before that possibility became a reality.
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 5:47:42 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia pauses before the microphones. her small chin is a perfect length away from their metal cages and as she speaks, every word is carried by the steadiest of rhythms.

"cotillard's whereabouts are currently under investigation. more information will be released at a later time." dahlia says. the water in her tall glass remains still. "as for security measures at slateport penitentiary, initial response procedures have been reviewed and tightened under new guidelines set by the league. furthermore, should a convict escape, officers will coordinate with local rangers to deploy escapee recovery teams."

she continues, her breath invisible to the microphone.

"cotillard was able to escape due to what our scientists call stakataka cubes. these were smuggled in due to cover ultra wormhole interference. with the megalopolan threat all but vanquished, we believe such an incident will not occur again. in regards to smohke, we have her confined within an island maximum security prison close to pacifidlog. we are confident that escape is impossible."

/ press conference

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 7:17:07 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

The mere idea of a press conference made Katherine feel like she ought to take a day off for herself. All she wanted was to bury herself deep under her blankets just to hide away from the bothersome questions of Hoenn’s nosiest reporters. She even contemplated coming up with an excuse as to why she couldn’t attend this event but surrendered that thought upon coming to terms with the fact that it'd only bring more unwanted attention towards her.

At the end of the day, this was an opportunity. This was no different than a Pokemon Contest. Each and every one of the League’s officials could win over the hearts of the people. And if not that? They could trample the approval rates of their so-called coworkers. After all, having a scapegoat always worked wonders in these situations.

With a light tap against the microphone to confirm that it was turned on, she began. ”We in Mauville hold the same belief. Trainers alone cannot do the job nor can their pokemon. The war revealed to us that the people who intended to sow ruin in our region operated in the shadows,” She follows up shortly after finishes. ”Noah is right. While training is also still provided for trainers in my gym, we've also taken liberty in setting up nightly patrols. If we are to avoid another war in the future, and whatever it is that struck Slateport a couple of weeks ago, we need eyes everywhere.”

There's a short pause before she continues.

”All this time, we were too slow to react because we couldn’t see what was coming. I believe it’s time we change that, and we intend to do so by implanting a larger network of live street cameras inside Mauville.”

One could argue that the privacy of the civilians was being compromised, but following a war against aliens, people's priorities seemed to have shifted.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"] @press confrence

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 9:50:29 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A portly older gentleman was the next of the press to speak up. While not all of the Gym Leaders had spoken up yet, he could still smell a juicy story in the making.

"Why are Gym Leaders being asked to cover the duties that out Region's Interpol, Rangers, and Police should have covered? Gym Leaders are highly skilled individuals, but as far as I was aware they were supposed to act as guides, teachers, and ones who tested skill. With no direct training or authority on how to deal with criminals, are you not simply putting the lives of those under you in danger? A gym trainer walking the streets at night who witnesses a crime may step in to stop it and inadvertently make the situation worse; they are also unable to make the arrest themselves.

"Why is the League allowing these risks?"
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 9:56:55 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
For many in attendance, is considered the star of the show. As what many consider the 'head' of the League, being able to probe her answer for a slip up, no matter how small, rouses several reports from their seat. The more she provides the more chances they have to twist her words, the essential cornerstone to sell click-bait headlines and provide their heavy-handed pundits something to analyze live on air.

"Recently, footage from the incident in Littleroot has gone viral again." A raised hand erupts from the sea of heads. A man in a tan suit and thick rimmed glasses stands as if to differentiate himself from those around him. "HNN initially reported video footage showing several individuals including a white-haired woman. Due to their reporting, the blame was put onto these individuals."

"They even tried to implicate councilman and the Saint of Slateport, ! Miss Walker and several others, including who was 'killed' during this incident have gone on record pointing at someone with more sinister intentions." The official wording on Kaida's condition is emphasized with a change in tone to highlight the odd nature of her circumstance.

The fluorescent lighting of the room highlights the reflective intensity of the reporter's glasses. The way it refracts toward the League conference proves blinding at times. He makes a notice to push up the rims with his middle and index finger, casting them in the flashing glow of the room.

"When, acccttualllly, this footage has implicated who may be the real culprits." He pulls out a printed out screenshot of the video in question. 's angle of 's crossing dressing person, Irina, along with who seems unrecognizable in her disguise, prove clear enough to outline their figure and some of their features. Blown up on paper, it's easy enough to recognize the people should they be outlined in a line up. Fortunately, their resemblance to who they acccttualllly are goes amiss.

"Interesting enough, several of these videos have been taken down since popping up. Has the League followed up this information? Where did this video come from? Who are these people? Should we be concerned about these 'enemies'?"

THREAD REFERENCED:
pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/9008/hnn-volume-3-issue?page=2
pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/9017/rage-riddles-resolutions
pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/12737/exposed-bb

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 10:28:03 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Her colleagues will abhor her for choosing this side of war.

But before is inaugurated as a gym leader, she is first and foremost, a journalist.

She is among those that walked the hall with overcoats, glasses, and berets on top of their hand, as if the words "PRESS I.D" does not scream enough that they are reporters in the conference. But Selena simply sports a white furcoat and quilted skirt inside the cold room, waiting cross-legged in one of the seats as her fellow journalists warm up their preys. But when the spotlight turns to the pinkette, she can't help but try to retract their attention away from her. After all, the journalist is not the one people should write news about.

“You all know me as the Lilycove Gym Leader, . I do not come here today as a league officer but as someone who is part of the government watchdog. If you have questions about my association with the aforementioned video, feel free to come by at my gym for another press conference.” Her gaze is piercing like a staraptor who is ready to kill her prey. “But today is not about me. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, though. Since I also have an question.”

She eyes Calliope beside her, who lifts the poketablet with PSYCHIC, presenting her notes as she speaks up.

“This one, I like to probe on League's efforts in solving this Macro Cosmos issue from months ago.” Her screen shifts to an article from HNN last year. “April of 2020, privacy concerns with the MCG's newest and hottest virtual reality roleplaying game took over mass media and effectively decreased the company's shares. While the league is not to be blamed for this, there is a reason to believe that they could have done something especially when the question about where these data went was still left unanswered.”

Screen pages out to another image, showing her the succeeding month's article about the Littleroot incident. “It's even bothering that they are allowed to operate nearby the giant tree on Littleroot, where the unexpected happened when the Ultra Beast called 'blacephalon' reappeared several months after people thought it to be missing.”

Her eyes search for the people behind the table, her voice stable as ever. “Shouldn't the league have control with regards how businesses operates in Hoenn? And if they operate in such a bad way, shouldn't they have the power to take it upon themselves to resolve these problems? Could the league have mishandled some pertinent issues of the past that would have been accounted for our present predicament?”

EVENT: LEAGUE PRESS CONFERENCE
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 2:12:00 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
An old, sleep-deprived man rose up his hand, quickly following the gym leader and journalist 's intervention. He looked rough, clothes disorganized, but was equipped with a notepad and a pen sitting upon his ear. He proceeded to stand up.

"Carl Carlson from Hoenn News Network here. Adding to what Ms. Desmarais stated, I would also like to ask about the League's view about past and ongoing situations where they have lost controls. I have a small list but let me bring out the three points that I believe are the most important and were not mentioned as of yet."

The man licked his finger before turning a page on his notepad, before taking a deep breath. "On the day of Halloween 2019, Justus Bosch was declared Deceased. Footage released unto multiple new network revealed our commissioner, , to have been the one unplugging the Fortree mayor from the Life Support system. Plus, according to witnesses, she vanished quickly after that footage was revealed. And yet, we haven't heard of anything else upon this situation ever since! No investigation, nothing to discredit the footage or to give peace to the good folks of Fortree! I believe they deserve to know what has truly happened to their beloved mayor, wouldn't you say?"

The journalist licked his finger once more, turning onto a new page of his notepad. "Onto more recent events. We have received information from a source on the field during those events that our beloved champion, Ms. and her creature, I quote, 'her giant red dog that produces lava', has almost killed multiple rangers and Galarian soldiers, as well as a child that was on the battlefield. I would like to question the reason for a child's presence on the warfront, but also the ineptitude of our champion in handling her pokemon properly to avoid these kind of situations. War does not excuse possible friendly fire."

Still in the creepy finger-licking fashion, the man turned to another page. "Last but not least, I'd like to point out that someone melted Mauville's forest and no one can identify who did. This forest was home to multiple wild pokemons, but I also want to point out that, for some extremely weird coincidence, another child was there, hiding. No one attempted to save him and he actually got told off as soon as he came out of the woods. While this returns to the question of a child's presence on the battlefield, I'd like to also point the, excuse me for my words, shitty and deplorable actions that the fighters of this war have done to this kid. Surely he will never be the same from all of this! Please enlighten us on these issues." The man proceeded to sit down after asking these questions, judging his job as complete.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 2:19:00 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
For the majority of his colleague’s conversing, Kim is silent; the councilman observing as his peers spoke their piece, each making points in their own ways.

Kim sits back in a seemingly lax pose, leaning against the back of his seat with his arms folded across his chest; Until a wild card was thrown into the mix. It was - someone who was supposed to be up here with them- amidst the crowd acting as the other reporters and grasping for answers.

A look of annoyed confusion appears on Kim’s features as the woman further makes herself known, Kim giving a look to those that had sat at either end of himself as if to silently say, “are y’all seeing this shit?” before he leaned forward, face smoothing out to a neutral expression as he speaks into the microphone.

I’ll answer the gentleman with the bright glasses first, as a few questions have caught my attention. As members of the league we have a responsibility to aim for concrete evidence before moving to make a decision based on speculation. We do not jump at the metaphorical bait that a video has to offer of individuals that have not been properly identified… But considering the fact that Miss Desmarais has decided to out herself as a potential culprit, she will be dealt with accordingly. The same goes for the other individual that has yet to be completely identified.

The councilman’s eyes avert to Selena, his gaze staying on her as he speaks in a passive tone.

From what we can tell, the businesses that the league has associated with have not been the problem here.” Eventually Kim’s gaze lets up from the woman, hazel hues calmly scanning the room as he continues speaking. “I’m sure I don’t exactly need to elaborate, considering the fact that our biggest problems are not of the associations that we make but of those that invade our land, and citizens that invoke unneededly.

As he comes to a pause, he once more settles on his target at the moment.

That being said, your concerns have already been taken note of. We remain vigilant in doing our utmost to ensure blunders are a null factor when it comes to dealings such as cooperating alongside outside corporations.

Upon finishing his answer, Kim leans back, donning a pair of heart shaped sunglasses as the flash of camera’s snapped in his direction.