8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
49. ACCUSATIONS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 20:39:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"..."

Fernando blinks once before bringing the microphone up to his lips. The way the static blares seem accidental but it does good to clear out the room for his next example. He spares the effort.

"This information is documented and has been publicly published in reports detailing League operations and events. These reports can be found online and are available to the public at official League offices."

He spares them a moment to see who else will dare repeat such a question.

"Are there any questions that have not been answered by official and public records?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 6:37:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A pencil thin woman in very modest dress steps forward in the ensuing silence. She smiles, despite the serious atmosphere. Her name-tag is labeled 'AWT'.

"If I may?" She lifts up her own camera. "Some of those among you have been touched by the divine. How has this new light opened your eyes to the graces of the goodwill?" She frowned, very lightly, more like a disappointed mother than truly being sad. "Some of you speak as if these blessing are standard. Tell me, those who feel this way, why do you besmirch what has been granted to you? It is your job to guide us, so why be quiet?"

@knownavatarsiguesslmao
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 18:36:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strange. Doug was usually pretty good about shame and embarrassment, but for whatever reason, that last session had left him feeling a powerful wave of second hand shame.

Truly terrifying stuff.

Still shuddering in waves of shame induced terror as the soon to be former eco-newsman's color drained from his face, Doug immediately snapped his gaze to the next fool to step up to the platter, eager to find comfort in anything that might distract from the cringe™️.

A young woman's arm rose- she was giving the AWT woman a weirded out look before turning her attention back to the board.

"Chandra C. Chancer, from Hoenn's Insider! To follow up on my... uh, colleage's here questions: Could you tell us, the public, more information about the Avatars? What's it like being one?"
close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 7:23:37 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

The Vantage reporter might be very new to Hoenn, someone who had literally migrated just a few weeks past, yet still he knew what transpired thanks to his research. Seeing his boss be on edge, struck by the curious crowd with questions and accusations; he thought it was now or never to start with his own line of questions.

"I propose we back track a little here." Jak said, raising his voice from the crowd of journalists who are frantically going about their jobs. "Shouldn't a question be raised on why the league allowed the execution of little root's beauty contest in the first place? And shouldn't the theatre, before anything else, have been closed for public access to be investigated with regards to what the tree is and how it suddenly came to be? Safety and investigation should have been the first line of thought, not have a contest where people would flock around on this unidentified, and potentially dangerous, tree. That said, is the league not accountable for the injuries and casualties of this incident?"

"Another question; how would the league handle the surge of avatars? And what would the course of action be should someone undesirable were to gain the privilege of becoming one?."

[ OOC ] @presscon

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 14:35:44 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
This isn't what Selena wants to happen but she knows this is not unexpected either. Besides, it's not as if she is ignorant to parade into a battlefield without bringing ammunition. And even then, she has already calculated her gains and losses in this event knowing that not winning a battle isn’t tantamount to losing the entire war.

The flashing lights and shutters are like fireworks inside the room, but there is not a modicum of anxiety she chooses to display, bracing the tirades and accusations being thrown at her with composure.

“Indeed, no one is above the law, but it is not an institution separate from mundane matters. Part of a journalist’s job is to question its very existence, especially when it does not heed to the people’s best interests; especially when the ones implementing it don't consider the fact that they could have lapses in judgment. Are we here to say that no one in this region abuses the law that is created to maintain order?”

Her gaze is intense, unwavering, challenging.

“Because if that’s the case, it is curious that no one mentions the fact that the culprit could be someone that the authorities have probably ID’d but neglected to inform the public.” Selena can feel eyes dawning on her, twinkling with curiosity about the details of her allegations. “That perhaps, the Slateport ‘blacephalon’ that is reported to have vanished has been captured for real, and is possibly owned by someone responsible for the destruction in Littleroot—where it is also reported to be seen.”

Her words throw like knives, careless and sharp, and no regard for dropping facts that are yet to be verified. But as far as she’s concerned, she’s on the side of the table where she is not obliged to clarify. She’s acknowledged her losses and analyzed her points of improvement; what she can do now is to plant seeds of curiosity that will grow into the canopies of criticisms and questions.

“It is curious why no one talks about the proposals in the council.” Cerulean eyes careen at , who have been unwittingly becoming Selena’s source through . “Like how the avatars—the deities’ representatives in the mortal realm—are being profiled. If this is really about the region’s security, shouldn’t the League involve the people with the discussion? Or is this just a ploy to amass enormous military power?”

There is an overwhelming rush of adrenaline, the wisps from her golden veil of energy discharges electrons around her figure. Inside the hall, the air feels electrified.

“No one is above the law but reality proves otherwise. I acknowledge how my actions could also be interpreted as going against this basic principle, but as far as I’m concerned, I’m being castigated for ‘not following protocols’ even when no one subpoenaed me. Besides, I see nothing wrong with doing an honest job of chasing the truth behind what’s possibly corrupted by everyone else’s agenda.”

She pauses.

“I’m willing to oblige and participate in the investigations. However, I won’t let this press conference become a trial by publicity.”

The last few seconds have her slipping her silk gloves in, covered fingers finding comfort at the warmth of her pockets, and blue orbs wandering around the room.

And then she decides to leave.

EVENT: LEAGUE PRESS CONFERENCE

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:58:26 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "littleroot's tree was viewed as a natural wonder. not a dangerous threat. there was no reason to think otherwise." dahlia says.

several inquiries regarding avatars rush forth like slateport waves. like salt, the curiosity of their askers both disturbs and prepares the flesh. dahlia's shoes turn inward like shriveling slugs underneath the table and hidden by its cut of cloth. the notion of avatars is both exciting— and ominous, for she explains:

"avatars are humans who have been bestowed the power of special, powerful pokemon. in myth, these figures are granted these powers in times of turmoil, natural disaster. war." she pauses. "in a sense, they are picking sides and choosing their chess pieces. at least, that is one theory of this phenomena."

dahlia relaxes her legs and pushes her shoes firmly on to the floor. leaning forward, the commissioner's blonde hairs swing lightly against her cheek. she recalls 's list and their war room meeting— and those who have performed dangerously in b&b.

"we understand that this region has faced many threats," dahlia says, "and to protect our people, the league will commence the AVATAR QUALITY and UNIVERSAL ACTION INITIATIVE. all known avatars in hoenn will be invited to the AQUA INITIATIVE, so that they may learn how to control their powers and use them to protect the region, should any threat like the ultra beasts materialize ever again."

the commissioner's eyes trace the electric bolts around 's figure.

"should an avatar be hostile to the region and the safety of our people, the AQUA INITIATIVE will also be responsible for handling them. we assure you, that the AQUA INITIATIVE will be the best defense against threats both domestic and extraterrestrial, for the pokemon have sided with us, the league."

avatars that dahlia knows about: (correct me if i'm wrong raz; my memory is hazy!)

press conference

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 3:34:18 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“Ah... Um... Excuse me, C-commissioner ,” young Delilah raises her hand. The tiny timid reporter leads her way to the nearest microphone, her fingers keen on bringing the hem of her skirt lower as she walks.

“Ah.. I'm D-Delilah Swanson... from Hoenn Analyzer Publication.”

This is not her usual type of reportage. Most of the time, she always deal with environmental laws and anything that relates to pokemon habitats. She is more comfortable being around pokemons and people who don't want to speak to her—and that is fine, because she also don't want to speak to a lot of people. But when her boss decides this is a perfect opportunity for Delilah, she sends her to Ever Grande in the promise of a promotion, granted that she will be able to get a very good angle for her news. After all, she is one of the best among all environmental news reporters.

And this news about the avatars is the best angle so far.

“I-I have a clarification.”

Although the terms of her attendance is quite dubious, she decides to ignore the conditions her boss sets. With an earpiece latched on her, a man's voice instructs her the kind of questions she would ask the League. He introduced himself as .

“Um... Y-you said that the... um... A.Q.U.A. Initiative... is Hoenn's best defense against p-possible threats and that... it will also be responsible for handling avatars... should they become hostile.” She pauses, flips her notepad with shaking hands, then prods on the question. “I... Um... think it is... paradoxical? I-is it to say that the pokemons don't really choose t-the League... since there are those that choose the side of... sorry for the word. 'Evil.'”

She lowers the pad for the people on the table to see her face as she asks the question she is ordered to inquire. “If that's the case... In advance, sorry for asking this, but... does the c-council really don't have any other agenda in pushing forward this p-program?”

Why is he probing on the matter anyway, the question is already answered? But he does make a point. Muses Delilah inside her head as the man orders her to put on max the voice input of the earpiece.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 4:13:53 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 the question rings oddly to dahlia. it may be well-intentioned, but it sounds as if it were drawn from a mind wrought with anxious thought. "do you know of any pokemon who have bestowed their powers to quote—evil—unquote parties?"

the flashing of cameras. the clearing of throats.

/ press conference

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 11:58:59 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You're avoiding the question, Miss Goode." A wizened but professional voice speaks up, thick with an Unovan accent. Standing up, the older woman is revealed to be Aloli Avalantiz - with UNT, or Unovan News Tonight. When a press conference is held, one could never hope it was just locals.

"If an Avatar 'defects' from your directive, be they evil or not, what will you do?"

She has an old fashioned paper and pad in her hand, leaning forward a bit as she continues.

"Are you not worried about the political backlash from this on a worldwide standpoint? Hoenn, at this time, has the only known Avatars in the world."
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 4:09:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim sits just out of view from those directly in front of him, leaning back into an overly relaxed way as he speaks, pulling the mic toward himself rather than leaning forward.

If you encounter a fellow trainer on the route that you’re walking on and the two of you end up battling, can you run away from that battle? I mean… you can, but it’s unsportsmanlike. Usually how it goes is you duke it out to see who’s the better trainer. Two trainers battle because one thing led to another and they ended up in an unavoidable situation. That’s what’ll happen. We deal with it if the problem arises because we can’t predict every single thing a person might be planning on doing. We’re people doing the best we can in the midst of uncontrollable situations; not all knowing deities that observe and smite those who go against us.

Kim tilts his sunglasses up slightly, setting the microphone on his chest while he rubs his eye nonchalantly. He keeps the mic there, arms resting on the arm rest as he continues talking.

Also what defines evil to you? You could lose a battle to the person that challenged you and call them evil because they won and you didn’t. Evil is a broad term that can be used loosely - be you child or adult.

Growing bored, Kim begins to pump his pecs, rocking the mic left and right slightly, amusing himself as opposed to finding it from those that surround him.

Dali, look’it.” He says waving over to the commissioner to watch his act.

//
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 4:44:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
 Up until now, and persisting until after, Stormy remains quiet and observant. She had shown up because she had been obligated to, but being in the spotlight - while normally appealing - was not so in this scenario.

And, up until now, the elite four member has remained otherwise expressionless or unassuming. But when a timid, stuttering voice in the crowd rises above all the rest to inquire about something relating to people of 'evil'.. Stormy's brows come together and she blinks.

The gravity and precision of 's response is equally jarring and it brings with it an awkward, heavy silence similar to an intake of breath.

That tension seems to melt - or maybe get worse depending on how you looked at it - when another reporter speaks up to demand an answer. 's response is both unexpected and expected, as is the position he has reclined down to in his seat. Stormy can't help but slow blink at the whole exchange.

Thankfully, Kim has a point somewhere in the midst of his lack of enthusiasm, and Stormy has nothing to add to the conversation that would be of any use or interest to the public.

She is more or less here to keep up appearances and not say something stupid.

@press conference
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 5:21:38 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 's response elicits a small smile; however, it is hard to tell if it is natural, crafted, a grimace. a famous academic once said that the medium shapes the message— and the commissioner wonders if a rhythmic pumping of the pecs is the best platform to extend the councilman's well-intentioned reply. still, there is no capperino-garcia condescension here. they all sit in the same seats, on the same level, flashed by the same obtrusive lights of cold cameras.

"i am not avoiding the question," dahlia says as her fingers fight against the magnetic attraction between their tips and her temples. "i will reiterate that should an avatar be hostile to the region and the safety of our people, the other members of the AQUA INITIATIVE will be responsible for handling them, for they are the best equipped." setting her hands neatly in her lap. "as essam said, we can not predict everything, but we can be prepared. i believe hoenn is innovating its defenses to best handle the unique threats the region has using the initiative."

/ press conference

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 16:41:39 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
On the other end of the line, Valerio is unamused. For one, the questions seem easily dodged and retaliated. He blames mostly himself for crafting weak inquiries. But the other thing is, he is not convinced the lady HAP sent to hit the league hard with questions is doing the job she is payed for.

The redhead listens to the responses and takes time to untangle the mental gymnastics they put probing the word "evil." At least, he finds himself agreeing to what the councilor says. Nothing is necessarily evil as it is relative to the point of view that determines it. People compartmentalizes good and evil in order to lure the simplistic minds on what they should do and should not. In the same manner, they use it to deceive people to hide behind the veil of "good" and casting aside others who get in their way as "evil."

For Valerio, 's answer pretty much explains this conundrum. The moment she defines league as the legendary pokemons' chosen individuals, she denies the legitimacy of his folks who choose Team Rocket and "evil" to fulfill their goals and objectives.

When the redhead doesn't speak, Delilah takes the lead for him.

“Ah... Um... Thank you. Moving on, I-I'd like to reiterate a point from Mr. C-Carlson () awhile ago... h-he mentions how the c-champion utilizes h-her legendary pokemon d-during the war. Although the point is already addressed, C-commissioner mentioned about the A-A.Q.U.A. Initiative as an opportunity for the a-avatars to, um, quote—learn how to control their powers and use them to protect the region—unquote. Can w-we, um, get an information on how i-it makes sure to fulfill i-its purpose? How did the c-council come up with this p-project, and um, what is the basis of its program? Especially when the a-avatar phenomenon is relatively new to o-our contemporary setting.”

Valerio smiles. The kid is up to something. Maybe this reporter knows what she's doing after all.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 23:36:19 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "unfortunately, the specific training regiments and details of the initiative will not be released to the public." the commissioner states. "such information is confidential for the same reason you mentioned earlier, ms. swanson. we do not want such information to fall into the wrong hands."

on the pale walls, television monitors begin to flicker.

/ press conference

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 8:01:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]LEAGUE PRESS CONFERENCE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

LEAGUE CANONS
NON-COMBAT PVP
LORE BASED EVENT
OPTIONAL

FROM THE DARK

THE FLICKERING SCREEN DIPS TO BLACK. From the speakers, a triumphant fanfare electrifies the air. The darkness dissolves. Then the visual refocuses. An old man with neat, silver hair appears on the monitors as the music falls to a whisper.[break][break][break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qo74lbU5Ns1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break][break]

Against a dark backdrop, Declan Walsh stares straight into the camera. Wisps of shadow trail around him— but the quality of transmission obscures the finer details of his tailored suit.[break][break][break]

"Hello, citizens of Hoenn. My name is Declan Walsh. Over the past couple of years, I have had the privilege of observing your leadership attempt to salvage the region time and time again. Tragedy is no stranger in your lives, and yet, the League adds to it with every passing day. Mossdeep. Slateport. The Three Day War." His gaze pierces across glass, staring straight over the heads of the reporters to scrutinize those sitting before the microphones. "However, I believe that every single figure sitting in this panel has betrayed you with their inaction and complacency. Their deception. Their disinformation. Their disregard for dissent. Have you not seen for yourselves, how many have been silent?"[break][break][break]

As the crowd stirs, security acts swiftly. Orders to trace the video's location sneak in through gasps and black suits— but the video is prerecorded. Dahlia stares back, her gaze holding the color of recognition and held breath.[break][break][break]

"Can we trust the League to protect us when every victory is a pyrrhic one?" Declan extends a gloved hand forth. The screen dissolves into a series of Kantonian vignettes.[break][break][break]

[break][break]

His voice carries over scenes of Kantonian citizens living in a rebuilt region. People in Rocket uniform patrol the streets, while everyday pedestrians filter in and out of frame in peace with their Pokemon.[break][break][break]

"We, the new Team Rocket, can help Hoenn achieve the same peace Kanto has achieved. While Hoenn has been busy fending off threats, the people of Kanto have been living their lives free of fear and free of worry."[break][break][break]

The Rocket Boss reappears as the Kantonian landscapes fade into the dark. He does not speak right away, allowing the visuals to digest.[break][break][break]

"Where Hoenn's League may have failed you, Team Rocket will succeed. We would like to offer you, Hoenn, the opportunity to join us. To support us in retaking this region and providing the security every Hoennite deserves. And to you, the League, we say expect judgement. Your institution grows irrelevant with every passing season and has been doomed from the start. We will grant you the mercy of euthanizing your stagnant systems— instead of watching you crumble on your own. You have run out of time."[break][break][break]

The transmission cuts. Cameras and questions erupt into pyroclastic surges toward the panel. A secretary quickly announces the end of the press conference— and the League is ushered off stage.[break][break][break]

epilogue

OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS, several things occur.[break][break][break]

• the league issues a statement defying team rocket, saying they will not surrender the region to a force as destructive as they are.
  • the league instructs the populace to alert authorities should they encounter team rocket.
  • bailey cooper steps down as provisional champion, while takes her place thanks to his role in taking down old rocket.
  • declan walsh calls upon all rockets for a emergency meeting (stay tuned for a transfer of power: act ii).
  • the league will issue orders to all known avatars to certify their identities and documentation to the government (stay tuned for conscription thread).

PARTICIPATION REWARDED

rewards

EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED WILL SOON RECEIVE:[break][break]
[break][break]

[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#D67067;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#716075,#876c7c);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; [/newclass]