[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

This was the worst.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper sat herself back in her chair, weighing the words of incompetence as they came from a tainted source of similar inadequacy.[break][break]

“An attempt was made on my life. Recent reports showed that people entered my vicinity without receiving orders, and without my knowledge or expressed consent. Anyone who came under fire, in that moment, was jeopardizing themselves by ignoring expressed orders and objectives. They were encroaching upon a moment in which I, and my Legendary, were acting in self defense.”[break][break]

The League-written statements were so dry, she could feel it in the back of her throat.[break][break]

“I explicitly summoned my Legendary in a realm closest to the Ultra Beast, and what was the furthest away from surrounding soldiers at the time. This action had also been done in an effort to brunt the damage of an incoming attack from the Ultra Beast. If I were to be in a similar situation, my last thought would have been to approach me—I know better than to touch a hot stove.”[break][break]

A pause.[break][break]

“If I were to inform soldiers that a bomb was intended to detonate in a specific location, would I be faulted if that information was circumvented? Despite all signs that such an action would be unwise? The League had been made aware of my ownership of Groudon prior to these events, and the pokemon does not lead one to believe that approaching it would be wise.”[break][break]

She rested her head in her hand, wondering why she made an effort to memorize these lines rather than just lazily read them from the manuscript.[break][break]

“I have served as your Champion, your Elite Four, and as a member of the police force stationed in Slateport. I am familiar with friendly-fire, and that if an associate were to throw themselves before my gun as I were to fire it, it would merely be an unfortunate accident. That may be hard to swallow, but these results were concluded after a full investigation into the incident.”[break][break]

Her mental response would have been far more brief: fuck off.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

---

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #2E2E2E;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
49. ACCUSATIONS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 2:49:55 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

With so many reporters and journalists here of stature and experience it made for a blogger to feel out of place. So many questions being hurled at the league, so many people and parties chasing down their own agendas. She almost felt small for having such simple and straightforward issues to present.

Listening to the more seasoned ask their questions and lay their verbal traps she waited for a proper lull in the exchanges and then like the others she aired her concerns. "It has been over 90 days since the end the warfronts at Lilycove, Mauville and Meteor Falls. In that time the public has received no updates nor reassurances of the controlled removal from the Megalopolan's "Ultra Beasts" from the region."

"Some of these dangerous monsters like the Muscular Mosquito Monster that killed Former-Champion Alexander Stone, has not been found. Unlike the other two sighted at Lilycove that were confirmed killed.

Her son who idolized Alexander Stone was still having nightmares about the existence of these creatures. Nothing she said ailed his fear and anxiety and the League said nothing at all.

"Even after the stopping of the invaders there were still incidents of the League coming into contact with wild "Ultra Beasts" such as the Massive Jellyfish Creature spotted off the coast of Pacifidlog Town which was, reported to have been, fought off by League forces but not killed nor captured!"

She hated having to hold up a magnifying glass on the league, on those who protected the region but if they weren't doing enough it was on the people to make them aware of it.

"There seems to be a glossing over of the fact that these "Ultra Beasts" are still very much among us!"

"What is the League doing to find and handle these monsters?!"

Last living sighting of Alexander Stone

pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/11101/40-poison-patrol
Post-War Ultra-Beast confrontation

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 5:08:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the questions begin to pick up speed. like bullets they fly. some shatter against walls and curtains behind them, while others directly hit their mark. when bounces off his response, 's breath relaxes some. despite their unified line of seats, it is easy to lose one's self in the constant blossoms of flash photography.

noah clears his throat to respond to the older reporter, "gym leaders and their trainers won't be the main response to uh, serious situations. we're a support team if they need more assistance and more well-trained pokemon. then again." noah pats his chest. the microphone picks up the firm thuds. "some of us are trained cadets, like myself. if there's a situation we can't handle, we've been instructed to let the respective authorities know instead of barging in like wild. good question, man."

he takes a swig from his squeeze bottle promptly afterwards.

@pressconference /

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 7:04:27 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "thank you for your question, mr. carlson. recent breakthroughs in our investigation have revealed that a zoroark was masquerading as me to commit murder on the late mayor bosch." dahlia speaks clearly.

her shoulders form a firm line and her hands remain calm, set palm side down on the table cloth. nary a wrinkle tickles the cloth underneath her fingers.

"the investigation branch of league officers have questioned smohke who has subsequently revealed that cotillard was responsible for the fabricated video." dahlia lie is spun smoothly; the webbing taut with gossamer knots forged into iron throughout the organization. "it was an attempt to weaken the league and to allow the megalopolans an opportunity to strike should the government had been in the process of transition."

without missing a beat, she directs her attention to the blogger. despite her smaller stature in the grand pantheon of the press, the commissioner still finds time to answer her.

"our ever dilligent rangers have continually scoured the region for ultra beast and megalopolan alike. however, our scientists have discovered that should an ultra beast prolong their presence in our world, their size and power subsequently diminishes. enough time has passed that any renegade ultra beast should be easier to handle should one appear."

/ press conference

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 7:49:49 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
The repeated click of cameras and flashing lights draw the conference into its crescendo. Questions from every broadcast come through but some fall flat. Their squandered opportunity becomes blaringly obvious as League representatives pick and choose which ones to answer.

Each answer comes with a prolonged pause as each journalist looks to write down their accounts despite recording the scene unfolding. Additional notes are jotted down and one journalist in particular turns their attention back to .

"Why are you not here as member of the League?"

The question sounds generally curious as they continue to write down further notes.

"As a Gym Leader that's more senior than most of the representatives on stage," they turn to the stage and count off the present Gym Leaders. and are the ones the journalist recognizes as being newer than Selena, validating his claim as he breaths a mental sigh of relief on not making an inaccurate statement. "Are you not afraid of the image of avoiding responsibilities as your other colleagues are being scrutinized and held accountable?"

Like a well placed JESTER'S DEMISE from 's Blacephalon, the backlash from the attack, as unintentional as it is, causes the rest to rouse from their seats in a string of follow-up questions.

"Is that really you in the video?"

"Why have you not mentioned it until now?"

"Are you here to only here to ask question the League has prepared to make them look good?"

"When are you holding your press conference? Will it be private only?"

"What happened in Littleroot?"

"Who was that with you in the video?"

"Are you responsible for the videos being taken down?"

"Can you confirm eye witness testimony of the scene?"

"Are you at odds with the League? Is this your attempt at making a statement? Will you denounce them like ?"

The mention of Balder sparks the memory of one journalist in particular. They try to squeeze in between the cascading questions but it proves impossible as everyone's prodding starts to overlap. The only way she can stand out is by taking an exaggerated bow, causing eyes to turn as she picks herself back up.

" was said to have been pulled into Ultra Space last year. Since then, he's made several appearances. Reports even state he was at the Meteor Falls warfront. How did Mister Martinez return from Ultra Space? Is the League privy to such details and if so why have they not released them in wake of the Megalopolan Invasion?"

She pauses, fiddling a ballpoint pen between her fingers.

"I believe also announced he would be heading into Ultra Space as well. Do we know any further details about these claims?"

THREAD REFERENCED:
pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/thread/6928/hnn-volume-3-issue-1
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 7:49:58 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
One reporter speaks up, piggybacking off the question of the blogger () and the reply from .

"And what of the Megalopolans spotted in the desert? HNN reported on that back in November and there have been no updates from the League since."

A second reporter speaks up, asking her question and nearly bowling over the first. Overeager.

"If these Megalopolans are captured, what does the League plan to do with them?" The comment section of that article had gotten heated, many going as far as favoring full on eradication.

article
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 8:31:18 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

"Why are you not here as a member of the League?"

The question may have not been directed at Katherine, but she answers it all the same. ”Because she’s a vulture.” The media wanted answers, yes, but not more than it wanted drama. A story to tell, a scoop to print on the front page cover of their newspaper. An accusation of a fellow gym-leader against one of their own?

They will eat it up like a starving Snorlax who just woke from a winter-long hibernation.

“It is one thing to act like a coward, . But hiding such important details about an ongoing high-profile investigation? It is no less than a crime. A person of your status and rank should know better— no, you do know better. But it doesn’t matter, does it?” Of course it doesn’t.

Members of the council maybe would have preferred Katherine to hold back her tongue, but she’s doing them a favor. This is their scapegoat, whether they're aware of it or not. This is their free get-out-of-jail card.

“You aren’t sitting next to us because you’re not one of us. This isn’t your home.”

Katherine continues to speak into the microphone but is prepared to snatch someone else’s should a person of the production team choose to cut hers off. She’s on a roll, and no one can stop her. She lacks the proper training , , and all seemed to share. If there were lines that shouldn’t be crossed, she was unaware of them.

"All of us are here because we're not above criticism, nor are we immune to it. Our job is to serve and protect the people of Hoenn. But you dare to stand there and accuse others? All while you've been withholding information that could've helped us months ago? Give me a fucking break."

"You're a fraud, a shitty journalist, and—" A shitty trainer almost comes out, but Katherine gives it a rest then. Her lips purse before she puts the microphone that she'd been holding back into its stand.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"] @press conrence

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 9:59:01 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
TW: RACIAL ISSUES (?)

The moniker "Eye of Staraptor" is not earned by wiggling out of a precarious situation. If Selena is trained to ask debilitating questions just to unravel the truth, she is, too, trained to handle such challenges, especially when they come cascading upon her.

She lets herself be drowned by the mud slung upon her just so she can rise with much dignity. “Why I am here today — in which I am greatly disappointed that I need to remind all of my fellow journalists about this obvious fact — is because we all have questions we want to be answered; not by me, but by the people who have been appointed with power and expected to make decisions for the benefit of Hoenn.”

She faces the reporters. “Because obviously, even when I am now being accused of a crime with a circumstantial evidence,” then her eyes shift towards . “I cannot answer why the case is still under investigation despite a councilor, with much more political power, being there at the aforementioned event.”

And then they move to ’s. “Nor why the League thinks businesses who have been the subject of controversies, especially ones that concern the privacy of citizens in this region, managed to continue its operations without being scrutinized further.”

She pauses. She turns to with more lethal eyes. “Moreso, I cannot answer why League officials choose to accept gym leaders, who are supposed to be role models and be the ones that mold the next generations of Hoennian trainers, that think race and nationality is an issue when doing your job.” Then eyes meet . “Especially when Hoenn is proud of the international relations it fostered with other regions like Galar.”

A hair flip. Then she regains her composure and proceeds with much more zest.

“This region has been my home and reportage has been my way of serving, up to the point that I chose to build Vantage here and not my home region. I believe what has said, despite her prejudice against people like me, that no one is above criticism. I did not even exclude myself from that. From both a gym leader and a journalist's perspective, I believe the merit of this press conference is to collectively search the truth that has been haunting us and improve the ways the incumbent leadership handles our domestic problems.”

EVENT: LEAGUE PRESS CONFERENCE

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 15:59:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle feels the same way as , grasping the bridge of his nose to smooth the creases on his forehead as soon as his expression makes it known to them how he feels about the situation. the clown show starts, and it's led by none other than hoenn's own gym leaders.

he taps on the table, leaning lazily on the surface with his arm. he turns to as soon as their exchange with selena finishes. at the very least, she has the right decision to cut her statement short and bite her tongue. "miss fairburne, that's ad hominem. please keep your personal opinions to yourself and stick with the topic for now."

no one cares if you hate her. go fight her in your free time, please.

soon afterwards, he turns to the reporter in question, who is their very own . fairburne has already disappointed kyle, and it seems like this was selena's turn to change his opinion about her."miss desmarais, you're throwing a red herring and going off of a tangent why everyone hates . may i request for you to reevaluate your decorum as well, thank you."

no one cares about your backstory. can you people just stay objective?

he heaves a sigh before deciding to stand up, dragging the microphone before him as he addresses the room. "everyone, please observe proper conduct and be civil. we'd have no choice but to escort you out of the premises otherwise. thank you for understanding."

going back to his seat, kyle slumps. i want to go home. the words resonate in his head as the entire event rolls on.

@tags
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 2:19:49 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" A shrill voice piped up, the little reporter finally getting tired of having her voice being drowned out by more agressive questions. Ironically, the increased drama might have given her the opportunity to finally let loose a question. [break][break]

"How can we trust your judgement, when you can't even behave civilly here!?" Would this likely start even more drama? Maybe. Did it matter? Not for her job. It was tough being a short and quiet reporter!

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 5:27:26 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
Carlson the journalist frowned upon hearing Bailey's answer, as well as Dahlia's. Were these guys for real? Adding the cat battle between Katherine the Gym Leader, who was displaying plain racism, and a journalist named Selena, who also served as a Gym Leader. While the chaos slowly calmed down, Carl rubbed the bridge of his nose, thinking the same thing as the Elite Four Member Kyle (Hey someone else knows who you are).

The man proceeded to stand up, directing his gaze to the champion . "So let me get this straight. You say that an attempt at your life was made... in the middle of a war? Is this not a normal occurrence? Is this not why a war is fought? To avoid civilians to be put under the same situation? Plus, you state that orders were ignored, yet I believe the Champion has no power over the army? Please correct me if I'm wrong in this understanding, it would help us, both journalist and civilians, to understand the nature of the League's forces and what is the official status of their representatives (Read: Clowns) within them."

"But I would also like to point the fact that you ignored my statement that your actions atop Groudon have endangered a civilian child and your allies. Should we be afraid for our future? Can you, as the champion, confirm and prove us that you have full control over your legendary creature and ensure that this issue does not happen? What do you have to say to the child that you almost burnt to a crisp?"

Following all of these, the man took a small pause, following with a question to . "Miss Goode, please confirm this information for me." The journalist flipped through his notepad. "I have an indication here that, during the whole investigation of a murder that you had possibly committed on the mayor, you were allowed to roam freely, without any consequences, and even continue to lead this assembly. Is this correct? If so, how accurate can we believe the report you state to be? Wouldn't it be possible for you to manipulate that information?"

"Following that, why were you still in control? In cases of being a murder suspect, wouldn't the commissioner at least be under house arrest and stripped of her powers and thus allow for the next in line, like Councilman or Councilman to take over until the investigation was completed?"

It seemed like no one wanted to address the forest fire, so Carl decided to just keep this for a future article about how the league wished to avoid anything regarding how they endangered civilian lives. He thus proceeded to turn his gaze onto . "Miss Fairburne, as one the youngest in terms of league service across this assembly, can you tell us what makes you believe that Ms. is a, and I quote, "Vulture, fraud and shitty journalist" whilst she defended the region and has held her seat for a long time, adding to have been chosen by a Tapu Koko? That she seeks the truth in the name of the civilians, as her duty bequeaths her to? What has led you to consider a trainer's home region and origins for viewing their value to society? Can we believe in the integrity and judgement of the League as an organization after such display from a Gym Leader, as my colleague said?"

To finish this, the man took a sip from a water bottle, before directing his gaze to . "Mr. Lopez, can you please remind us your status in this mess? What is your role in the organization? Also, can you tell us what is your current relationship with Mr. the Rebel considering the events of last year? Do you consider the man a threat to our society?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
599 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 5:58:24 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "should more megalopolans be found, we will promptly deliver them to the league for questioning. however, since the war is indeed over and repatriation is not exactly possible, we will look into options such as rehabilitation."

the questions begin to overlap like discs of meat severed by band saws.

"commissioner goode please," dahlia replies to carlson, "as is customary for the pressroom. i did not roam freely during that period of investigation. for that period of time, i was surveilled and investigated as sitting commissioner." she pauses. "mr. carlson, i would like to advise you that it may be difficult for our panel to answer your questions if they are delivered in such a quantity. please allow the others some room to ask their questions."

she speaks no more on the fortree matter, having cut the heading inquiry with teeth.

/ press conference
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 10:58:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Click! Click! Click!

An orchestra of camera shutters and flashing lights erupt as the room stirs into a frenzy. The offset of questions pick up with ’s entrance. It’s one adorn in vanity, a call for attention, all under the pretense of some self-righteous quest for the truth. Whatever qualms Fernando has for her lack of tact is preserved in the efforts of those around him.

But has to open her fucking mouth.

The way his head turns, slowly, deliberately, patient. All to hide his sense of betrayal that leaks from his eyes when he panders them stage left and onto the Mauville’s representative.

Behind the table, invisible to those on the other end of the clothed table, his fingers curl into a strained fist. White knuckles accentuate the red fingers that tense beyond measure. It’s sign language for her to cut this shit out but she never does.

Fucking Fairburne.

Selena refutes her stance, doubling down, but at his expense. No matter how much attempts to salvage this mess, it’s already too late. In concurrence with ’s earlier statement, that’s all the agreement Fernando needs to settle the matter in a show of force—anything to reign control back these scavengerous vultures.

If of all people can stomach the effort that goes into preparing for such a monumental event then how fucking dare either of these narcissistic bitches squander their efforts.

What Miss Fairburne means to say,” the way his eyes shift once more is laced with more than just a threat of repercussion but a personal promise to rectify every way she has wronged him today, “is that the League is not her home.

That is her warning. Katherine has overstepped her bounds but even that can be salvaged. A further excursion, especially with the crowd against her, would not be tolerated. However, her objective has been accomplished.

Selena has taken the bite, hook, line, and sinker. With the way she founders Fernando has no choice but to scoop her up in the turmoil, latching onto her not as a scapegoat—although the end result is the same—but to punish her for treason.

The Littleroot debacle is not one easily forgiven. Not after the shit they put him through. Not when Fernando was the only League representative to show an ounce of goddamn common sense and have his efforts rewarded with sabotage from all sides.

The moment she confessed to being present, much less a suspect, is the moment she signed her political death warrant.

But that is just the opinion of one person. As we should all know Gym Leaders are not designated by the League but officials elected to represent their respective cities.

His eyes fleet over Selena, never staying, but recognizing her all the same.

They may not get along with each other nor are they required to. Their only task is to represent their city in the endeavor of educating trainers and shaping up the next generation of trainers. The only caveat to that is they respect the regional laws of the League.

And then they stick.

Failure to adhere to these laws will be met with an internal investigation and an appropriate conviction in accordance with its conclusion. Henceforth, will be suspended from the League and her position as Lilycove’s Gym Leader rescinded until the League can conduct a full investigation into her involvement and lack of cooperation in regards to the Littleroot Incident.

It’s a bit heavy-handed but one needed to quell Selena from doing more harm than good. Any follow-up from her end can be met with a swift refusal and escort out of the event.

To reiterate, the League will take action where the League is responsible.

Some of these question are obvious baits while others have no basis on their own. They’re easy to deal with but Fernando handles it with a sharp edge needed to remind the region of their own accountability.

In regards to question pertaining to why the League does not administer, moderate, or provide outside of its means the answer is quite simple: the League is not responsible.

He points to the first reporter ().

Of the services that the League provides, ensuring a safe environment is certainly at the top, but it does not take out an individual’s sense of responsibility and accountability. Parents, not the League, are responsible for the upbringing, safety, and supervision of their children.

Fernando leans in so his voice is amplified against the microphone. They won’t use this for a soundbite but it needs to be heard all the same.

During war time, uncertainty, or any other natural disaster, the League, as well as myself as an individual, advise parents to use their discretion. Children, especially those under the age of sixteen, should not be left without supervision. They should not be traveling on their own.

As if it wasn’t obvious. Either way, Fernando points to several reporters in quick succession. He only picks the ones he can answer because he knows the paperwork well enough to reference if needed.

This applies to adults as well. In war times, we cannot guarantee the safety of those who ignore evacuation orders of their own volition. We advise against the recent trend of those looking to record events first hand at the expense of their own wellbeing.

Fernando takes the chance to look to both sides, flirting over the other League representatives present.

And certainly not at the expense of the men and women who serve this region. As many of you may know, keeping a stable Gym Roster is not an easy task. Those who have tried have melted under the pressure, resigning due to stress, danger, and responsibilities of such a title.

This time he flashes an uncharacteristic look of approval as if in recognition.

In that same vein, our Rangers and Officers have continually and consistently put their lives on the line against threats both domestic and international. These are the people who come to your aid when an Ultra Beast capable of sweeping away several blocks with a single HYPER BEAM appears in Mossdeep. These are the selfless individuals who have time and time again put themselves second for the good of this region.

He doesn’t bother addressing Carlson directly but his next comments start to rise with his voice as his fingers push the microphone back.

For those who would like more information on protocols as well as reports on past League operations, these can be found online and at League offices. Further questions that disregard confirmed accounts or that do not directly relate to League activities will not be addressed.

Time ticks and their allotted time is almost up.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 19:51:21 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

“Did I imply that someone trying to kill me was anything new or original? I'm explaining the show of force. I am explaining why that attack was used in the first place—why it was judged to be appropriate for the time. This is rudimentary procedure.”[break][break]

Script be damned—her brain twisted, trying to merge statements into something more true to what she wanted to express.[break][break]

“League gave orders. I followed them. Some people, for some reason, chose to ignore previously stated objectives—prioritize me—and endangered themselves in the process. I did not issue these commands. There was also no previously stated commands to prioritize my safety. And, in regards to civilians, efforts were made to guarantee their evacuation. I have no control or say in that matter, or how effective it proved to be.”[break][break]

She folded her hands, looking more disappointing than irate.[break][break]

“If everyone is so keen on picking apart this incident, then all I can say is this—the League has instated measures for when a Champion may be deemed unworthy of their title. A simple measure that will always make sure that only the best keep to the top.”[break][break]

She leaned close to the microphone.[break][break]

“Challenge me. If I'm so incompetent, then it should just be a walk in the park.”[break][break]

She heard cameras shutter, and blinked through their flash.[break][break]

“Otherwise, trust in the fact that when Ultra Beasts appeared, I was always the one that prioritized Hoenn's safety over my own. I have that precedent, and I have never strayed from it.”[break][break]

Then, a simple sigh.[break][break]

“And, if you can't trust in that? Then trust in the fact that I'll wipe the floor with every last one of you.”

[attr="class","euterpetag"]

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

ooooo my bitch

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #2E2E2E;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 20:23:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Security Detail turned out to be a much better job than he had anticipated.

When he had been given the instructions to just stand there looking like a men-in-black, look sharp, and prevent anyone from making it past the barrier, he had almost yawned in retaliation to the clear attempt on fun's life.

Turns out though, press conferences could get wild. He would have thought the papers were making all this crap up on the following morning had he not been present to see it fly through the fan with his own eyes.

This was almost too good.

He would forever hold 's appeal to self-preservation and the common sense of man close to his heart. Hell, he had to fight every instinct in his body to clap to the woman when she challenged everyone to challenge her.

On the other hand, the bi-annual Gym Leader Openweight Catfight was certainly an spectacle he could see dominating the front page of several sensationalist papers tomorrow's morning.

Of course, once the kids were done making a mess, the big boys and girls came out swinging, and if rebuttals could harm he would have called the paramedics on half the journalists present.

Commissioner and Councilman knew their way around the press hyenas, became rather clear from their answers. The Gym Leader specially so. He had to wonder and re-evaluate just how far had Andy run his mouth to get a rise out of the man.

As another arm rose in the air, Doug contained a grin, watching another man stand up to the platter.

"J. Jonah Jameson from Hoenn's The Ecologist here. Continuing off from where my college Mr. Carlson left off, Commissioner Goode, has The League identified the person responsible for the destruction of Mauville's Woods and its ecosystem? Will there be any repercussions directed towards those responsible, and is the league forming any plans for a concerted effort to reforest the destroyed environment and bring help to the displaced pokemon?"