part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
first congress [vantage]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 19:10:15 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

PRELUDE

CHAPTER 0

proceeds to the head of the table, her arms clasp an assortment of folders and organizers. The gardevoir and the delphox also carry a bunch of files, their psychic power lifting the documents effortlessly as the chipper boltund follows on her side.

Today is the day their first general assembly of the year is scheduled. She doesn’t expect a total turnout but most of her employees, even the additional staff she employed for caretaking the gym hall, chooses to attend the meeting.

“I surmise you all have learned what happened at the press con,” her smile humorless and detached, but there is a modicum of effort to make it courtly and genuine. “Don’t worry—they can’t imprison me for a crime I didn’t commit.”

As soon as the computer is turned on, the rotom from her phone flies out and fuses with the projector. A screen with the Vantage logo appears. “The only repercussion is that Lilycove Gym is out of operation. But things are still going well for us.” The EIC turns to the people inside the conference hall; her hands seeking support at the edge of the table that she leans on, cerulean eyes finding their way to each and every pair of sparkling orbs. “As expected, the revelation at the press con’s conclusion is graver than a baseless accusation.”

She laughs dry for a few seconds before she halts, her eyes now trailing to the projected screen where a collage of headlines and articles flash. While some talk about her “involvement” in Littleroot, only one name resurfaces over and over again in the newspapers: Team Rocket.

“I know most of you still have fresh wounds in the aftermath of Rocket’s invasion in the region. While I’m not from Hoenn myself and I’ve only been here for just a year, I know all about the hardships that you experienced because I’ve seen them too with my own eyes.” Selena stands straight, arms crossing as her eyes scrutinize the bitter expressions reflected in most of her employees’ eyes. “There is greater pressure for us to deliver and bring the truth to Hoenn’s populace amidst all the secrecy of details and dangers of misinformation. I hope that despite any misgivings about my alleged involvement is that you continue to trust and support me as your EIC.”

Another click from the controller, another news comes to their attention, and it is about Commissioner announcing the A.Q.U.A. Initiative to the public.

“Now more than ever, the words Commissioner verbalize about the imminent danger holds great significance in light of Team Rocket’s resurgence on Hoenn soil. Despite my reservations with the A.Q.U.A. Initiative, I see the merit of implementing this program if only to drive away the greater evil that is in our midst.” She pauses with certainty, tiptoeing with her words. “But it doesn’t mean the program is perfect and beyond scrutiny. I believe it is important to involve the general populace in the process of its implementation. If not, I’m afraid Hoenn will be trapped in its paradox of heroes instead of developing everyone’s potential so that they’d be capable of protecting themselves.”

Selena does not bother elaborating for she presses on the last slide of the presentation. Words “A.Q.U.A.” and “Team Rocket” adorn the black screen, gazing back into the rest of glowing pairs that muse on the idea of what is right or wrong in this situation.

“First things first, I want to know what you think about the idea of A.Q.U.A. Initiative being a solution against Team Rocket. Or if there is something else the council is missing out. I want to know all your opinions about this.”

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
first congress [vantage]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2021 5:49:58 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open Sans Condensed:300,700]

[newclass=".punkiwof"]width: 500px; padding-bottom: 38px; margin: auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofmainbg"]background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflarge"]height: 300px; background: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/219/179876/posttemplate.png'); background-size: 500px 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofavvie"]float: left; height: 120px; width: 120px; border: 20px solid #343434; border-radius: 50%; margin-left: -50px; margin-top: -100px; background: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/219/179878/billi%20av.png'); background-size: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflargeinner"]height: 248px; border: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.5); background-position: -51px -51px; position: relative; z-index: 1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 3px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofslant"]width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 50px solid transparent; border-right: 500px solid #212121; margin-top: -50px; margin-left: -50px; position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofmain"]margin: 0 76px; margin-top: -120px; position: relative; z-index: 3; min-height: 300px; padding: 20px; background: #343434; border: 1px solid #e2e2e2; font-family: verdana; color: #9A8A8A; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofavvie div"]width: 114px; height: 114px; border: 6px solid #A68D8D; border-left-color: transparent; border-right-color: transparent; border-radius: 50%; position: relative; top: -3px; left: -3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transition: 0.75s;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwof:hover .punkiwofavvie div"]transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflyrics"]float: right; margin-top: 13px; width: 270px; padding: 25px 0; line-height: 25px; font-size: 25px; color: #f2f2f2; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed'; text-align: center; word-spacing: -1px; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflyrics div"]width: 167px; height: 1px; background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofwordcount"]display: inline-block; margin-top: -10px; margin-right: -10px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9A8A8A; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; border-right: 1px solid #e2e2e2; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofextra"]line-height: 12px; padding: 5px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9A8A8A; margin: 0 101px; margin-top: 16px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofleft"]width: 50px; height: 50px; border-left: 1px solid #e2e2e2; border-bottom: 1px solid #e2e2e2; float: left; margin-left: 50px; margin-top: -24px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofright"]width: 50px; height: 50px; border-right: 1px solid #e2e2e2; border-bottom: 1px solid #e2e2e2; float: right; margin-right: 50px; margin-top: -24px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; line-height: 20px; text-align: right; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a4a4a4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofcredit a"]font-size: inherit; font-family: inherit; color: #A68585; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkiwof punkiwofmainbg]
[attr=class,punkiwoflarge]
[attr=class,punkiwoflarge punkiwoflargeinner]
[attr=class,punkiwoflyrics]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

[attr=class,punkiwofslant]
[attr=class,punkiwofmain]
[attr=class,punkiwofavvie]

[attr=class,punkiwofwordcount]Pick Ur Pokemon

The conference was over….well the official one, but now it was time for Vantage to go over it in person. Some of the league officials thought it was strange that he closed his gym for the day, but for Billi his job was a reporter first, a gym leader second, designer third, and drag queen forth. Though….what he feared the most was the realization that team rocket was still kicking around like earwigs in the dark underside of a rock. Needless to say when Selena called the meeting he arrived quickly, and without as much as a text needing him to appear.[break][break]

He figured this would happen, considering the announcement of the A.Q.U.A initiative, which was very concerned for him. Selena had briefed him on the loss of the gym, but through their private conversations, Billi was working on getting their towers and information flowing from petalburg. Even worse, he could feel this deep twist in his gut, that he neglected training many of his softer bugs for battle. Sure they could hold their own, but if it came down to it, they’d mostly be better at recon and recovery, first responders mostly.[break][break]

Unfortunately for Billi he wasn’t an Avatar nor did he believe he had the power to fend off the rumors he was hearing about Team Rocket, let alone the past battle from the ultra beasts with his current battle experience. The only pokemon he had that were battle ready was the brood and revali, whom was injured and mentally damaged from it much as Billi was. So he figured training some newer pokemon who would be part of his “guard” would serve best if Petalburg was ever under attack.[break][break]

As bad as that sounded, he had to prepare for the worst, with the league hunting down and what sounded like “enslavement” of avatars. Which seemed very…..apprehensive. It was reiterated as Selena mentioned in her speech. Billi sat, just to her left, petting the shiny froakie that sat on the table. “it seems…..like they are enslaving the avatars,” Billi pipped up. “Which...in turn worries me because the pokemon chose the avatar, so in a way, I worry if the human goes against them, something terrible could happen.”[break][break]

The worst was that they killed the “host” which was bad. “at the same time….will they be searching to create more. I find it off putting that they didn’t reveal all the information, even to some of us, the gym leaders. I know we’re not military or rangers, but the lilycove rangers, well their partners, don’t seem to mention anything, so it’s left to certain individuals.” he cross his arms. “The league is putting all their eggs into one basket, hoping that all avatars and legendary pokemon will cooperate. Even MORE with the presence of team rocket...it seems pointless to involve the legendary pokemon,” Billi turned to Selena as Razzberry possessed the TV.[break][break]

“If we look at the images from the war….” he played back the video that corviknight recorded turning the kyoger incident. “it is likely this could happen if we anger a legendary…...even more so it appears….that the light came from an object, but Revali got too involved in avoiding getting shot down.” the screen then switched to a different video. “There’s many other questions that are left unanswered,” the images swapped to the technology found in the base of the megolaptians. “what has the league done with the technology obtained here? Better yet what about rocket if it’s safe to assume they were involved in the war.”[break][break]

The blonde played with the frock who was quickly jumping on the table. “Even more….there is a missing pokemon...on the loose that has potential to take out some of these….pokemon with ease...i feel they may be more useful. But even so, the league isn’t creating actual defenses and systems against rocket, rather they are using the power of the few to protect the many.”

[attr=class,punkiwofleft]
[attr=class,punkiwofright]
[attr=class,punkiwofextra]
[attr=class,punkiwofcredit]by punki

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
silently judging everything
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
first congress [vantage]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 14:39:27 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

He was just here with his camera. Adam thought this was going to be just another ordinary meeting but all that was shattered when the screen flickered to life.

What he witnessed next on the screen made his eyebrows slowly go higher and higher until they threatened to disappear into his hairline.

Once the floor was open for questions—he decided to speak up once the previous person was done.

“First off, doesn’t that sound like they’re trying to control these—these ‘avatars’,” he began, giving slight air quotes around the last word before he continued, “…and wouldn’t that increase the chances of whoever gets roped into this ‘initiative’ to rebel and turn against the bloody League?”

While Adam had arrived after this big war that was still fresh on everyone else’s minds, there was something that bothered him. It niggled at him.

“I met someone who came from Kanto during my travels,” he volunteered quietly. “And whatever was broadcasted after that dumpster fire of a conference is a big-ass, bloody tosspot of a lie.”

At least the way the Galarians oversaw the region wasn’t as… brash, as unconcerted as this mess he was witnessing unfold before his very eyes.

“It’s never a good thing to anger a bloody flippin’ ‘Legendary’,” he continued, remembering the fragmented tales he’d read about back in Hammerlocke. “Never a good idea shackling them down to follow orders.”