1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 1:30:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Howzit goin rippers?" Zac asked, looking around the room. He had booked one of the classrooms at the Lavaridge Gym and Fitness Center to run his Hoenn 101 class. "My name's Zac Ramsay, and welcome to Hoenn, and Hoenn 101." There was a smattering of applause from the students. "By the end of..." Zac looked at the plastic clock mounted on the wall "117 minutes, you'll have gained a rudimentary knowledge of the Pokemon native to this region." 
    Zac walked through the rows of plastic desks, handing out course outlines. "Today we're covering starters, local flora and fauna, and common dangers. But first, can anyone tell me how much a Walrein weighs?" Zac paused for a moment, "Enough to break the ice! That's right, we're starting with the core of any classroom: an icebreaker! So lets go around and introduce ourselves and our Pokemon!" Zac sent out a pair of Camerupt, one red and one black. "My name's Zac Ramsay. I'm a vlogger, educator, and the Lavaridge Gym Leader," he said, gesturing around at the room and out one of the windows which looked down onto the volleyball courts. "These two are Helen," he patted the red Camerupt, which grumbled, "and Saint." The black Camerupt looked around, head up and inquisitive. It tried to nibble at Zac's Golden Explorer's Jacket, and he pushed its head away playfully. "These guys are your bread and butter up here in Lavaridge. You'll be seeing a lot of them around. Okay! Who wants to go next?"

@giselle

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 16:13:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
giselle knew pretty much nothing about the hoenn region if she was being honest. she didn't know what sort of pokemon were supposed to be here and she wasn't really sure what was the best places to do what either. but that's why she was in this class. to learn. it was very different from the way classes at finishing school were laid out. they were a lot more informal and... louder. it was exciting. she really wanted to pet the fuzzy looking pokemon that were released.

she listened intently, after all this was supposed to be teaching her everything she needed to know about hoenn. the only real moment of hesitation was whenever zac said that they needed to introduce their pokemon. she had... quite a few of them on her so maybe only a couple of them would be okay? raising her hand she was at least ready to introduce herself. "my name is giselle! i'm from galar and i have... a few more pokemon on me than you let out. do you want me to introduce all of them?"

really she was wondering if she should try and get one of those fuzzy cow pokemon herself. especially if they were so important in hoenn. she wanted to fit in here after all.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2021 3:21:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Wonderful to meet you Giselle! Feel free to introduce as many of your Pokemon as you want, just keep it brief. We've got a whole class to get through," Zac said, smiling warmly at the purple-haired girl. "And you can come and give Helen and Saint a pat too if you want. I see you eyeing them. Same goes for anyone else. This is a hands on class, so come and get your hands on!"
    The other students trickled out of their seats to come pat the Camerupt, their attention split between the cows and Giselle. "They're so warm!" one of them exclaimed. 
    "Now how about that introduction?" Zac asked her.

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 0:52:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she very much did wish to pet the pokemon at the head of the class but she figured that could wait a moment until after she finished her introduction. especially since he said as long as she went quickly she could introduce all six of the pokemon she had brought with her. four of them had come to galar with her, one of them had been caught by her, and the final one had been traded to her. so she supposed she would introduce them in that order.

with a gentle press she released the pokemon so that they could stretch their legs, pointing to each one in turn as she introduced them. "abigail the sobble, tank the chewtle, sir the indeedee, acorn the cufant, caterina the appeltun and arsene the nickit!" giselle said all of this in one breath as she pointed them out. the indeedee gently herded the other pokemon that giselle had released, moving them into line.

though abigail didn't particularly like being bossed by the other pokemon and arsene tended to have more of a mind of his own. giselle took a few steps to the front, gently patting one of the camerupt on the head. "we don't have these pokemon in galar..." of course that was part of the reason she was here. to learn about all the pokemon she might encounter.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 10:48:27 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

As Giselle introduced her Pokemon, Zac repeated their names to himself. He wasn't going to be able to remember them all, but it was important to try. "Thanks for that Giselle!" Zac said, once she had finished. "Now who is next?"

With the first introduction out of the way, the group started to loosen up, and in a few minutes everyone was acquainted. Zac turned back to Giselle. "You had a Sobble, right?" he asked, trying to remember its name. "...Abi, I think? Sorry if I mess up anyone's name today, by the way. Now, Sobble is a popular starter Pokemon in Galar." 

Zac walked back over to his desk and pulled out a trio of Pokeballs. "In Hoenn, the starters are Treeko, Mudkip and Torchic." He motioned everyone back a few steps and tossed the first of the balls into the wooden floor. They burst, the red light coalescing into a Pokemon much larger than Sobble. "This is Treeko's final evolution: Sceptile."
    There were some ooo's and aaah's and at least one camera flash, as the group pressed in for a closer look. Sceptile was reluctantly accepting of the attention, his leafy tail swinging in mild agitation. 
    "Sceptile uses its leaf blades to slice through foliage, and is adept at high speed movement through dense jungle, both on the ground and in the treetops." Sceptile leapt upwards in a flurry of foliage, and clung easily to the roof with only three of its limbs. "At only 50kg, this big guy weights less than most people in this room I'd bet, but a lot of the size comes from its leafage."
    Sceptile dropped from the ceiling, landing lightly. "They're a lot faster and more energetic than other grass starters too, for example Galar's Rillaboom," he said, gesturing at Giselle, "or Kanto's Venusaur."
    "If you pick Treeko as a starter, you can expect lots of cardio just keeping up with it!"
There was a smattering of laughter, and a few of the students made notes on their course sheets. "Of course, temperament varies from Pokemon to Pokemon, so take any advice in that department with a grain of salt. Any questions so far?"  

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2021 1:49:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
giselle nodded whenever zac asked her if she had a sobble, holding up the reluctant abigail a bit. "close, abigail!" but she didn't really fault him for not remembering. there were a lot of people and a lot of pokemon in here for him to remember and pay attention to. "abigail actually wasn't my first pokemon though! indeedee was! i caught abigail here in hoenn when i arrived!" she wasn't sure if that was a common thing or not but she thought it was worth mentioning. she raised her hand to ask a question. "do you think that most starter pokemon for each region have a general type? like rillaboom is big and bulky so which starter would that be for hoenn?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2021 2:08:24 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"It's hard to generalize like that," Zac said, nodding at the question. He walked over to the whiteboard and grabbed a blue marker. "A lot of what shapes the Pokemon is the region they live in." He said, writing the words 'climate', 'environment', and 'ecology' on the board. "These sorts of pressures shape Pokemon over time, selecting for ones that better fit the region. A great example is Alola. It's a relatively closed-off region, and when Rattata were introduced they had to change to better suit their environment. They became more violent, and developed a darker shade of fur to blend in with their urban environment." 
    "It's super interesting," Zac said, visibly excited by Giselle's question. "Given time, subspecies like the Alolan forms may even diverge from their ancestors enough to become entirely new Pokemon species!"
    "Back to your original question though. If you're wanting big and strong, then in Hoenn there's only one choice." Moving away from the whiteboard, Zac sent out the second starter. Its glistening blue skin was adorned with the prominent fins of an aquatic creature, and it had bright orange display patches on its cheeks and joints. It squatted on all fours, massive and hulking compared to the lithe Sceptile. "This is Swampert. Big, bulky, and beautiful."

OOC: Pokemon starters are created to appeal to different kinds of people. For example in Galar Sobble is pathetic/lovable (not a joke, actually the design direction), Grookey is energetic, and Scorbunny is the sporty/cool one. 
@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 23:21:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she would have been lying if she said she wasn't impressed by the swampert. now there was a pokemon that could take a hit or two and then probably dish a few out as well. "wow... he's absolutely stunning!" she stepped up to the front again to get a better look at the water type. he was definitely comparable to rillaboom that was for sure. "is it alright if i touch him?" she wanted to feel if he felt slimy or not but wouldn't be upset if zac said no. after all it was rude to touch someone else's pokemon without permission.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 0:37:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Yeah just a sec," Zac said, and he set a bucket of murky water down on the floor. "Dip your hands in this first. Swampert and its line are covered in a slime which protects it from infection. If it dries out, they can get pretty sick. Don't worry, it's just rain water. No Fluoride," he explained, sticking his hands into the water before giving the bulky Pokemon a pat. "You seem pretty interested in the bigger Pokemon." Zac asked. "What's the fascination?"

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 13:57:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
without hesitation she dipped her hand into the water, swishing them around just a little bit to make sure that they were covered entirely so that she didn't hurt the large water type. as soon as that was done she gently touched him on the arm, amazed at how strange it felt. "back home i was limited to pokemon that didn't get very big due to my father not wanting a mess in the house. or if i got a pokemon that could get large i was not permitted to evolve it. seeing different types of pokemon now that i'm out in the world means that i'm astounded by ones i never would have seen before."

men who came around the home to try and court her were allowed to bring out whatever sort of pokemon they wanted but she had to stick to ladylike ones that remained small and dainty. or out of sight otherwise. "really its just fascination. though i suppose that's strange..." plenty of people didn't know how to react when she spoke about home life back in galar. but that was their problem, not hers.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 15:04:19 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Nothing strange about that at all!" Zac said, drenching his hands and giving Kip a hearty, splattering slap. "I'm a big fan of the big ones myself. Hoenn has some real huge Pokemon too! In fact, we've got the biggest Pokemon in the world, outside of Dynamax of course." Zac re-wet his hands and resumed stroking the blue hide of the Swampert. "You ever heard of Wailord? That's a truckload of Pokemon right there!"

Zac pointed out of the classroom window and down at the basketball court on the ground floor. "I don't had one to show you, but even if I did he would stretch about half the length of the court."  He looked over at Giselle. "You have a Chewtle and a Cufant right? They'll both by bloody massive when they evolve!" Zac winked. "No Dad to stop you now, ay?" 

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 19:49:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she was glad that her ideals weren't strange about what she wanted to do and what she was doing. it was also good to know she wasn't the only person fascinated with pokemon that were unusual. "i'll see one someday! i'm sure of it." after all rangers saw all sorts of pokemon in the line of duty. she patted the swampert again, this time a little less hesitantly now that she knew what he felt like. "i want to be a ranger, so coming to this sort of lesson thing has helped me a lot in solidifying that. there are so many different pokemon and people here i want to help." it was a good goal she thought. one that was simple enough. she'd spent so much time sitting at home doing nothing that it felt like she was finally doing something good. "absolutely nothing to stop me now." he was right. she could do anything now.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 14:17:03 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac smiled at the motivating words from the new ranger. It was wonderful to see such zeal in someone joining the ranks. "Well said, Giselle," he said, before glancing at the clock. "Ah damn! It's already half past! We've gotta get a wriggle on."
    Zac finished the seminar, sending our Blaziken, which wowed the students with its speed and athleticism. Then they went through common threats to newcomers in the region. How to avoid stepping on a burrowed Shroomish, what to do if you see a Seviper,  and the dangers of Nincada season. By the end, Zac was ready to head to the hot springs for a nice relaxing bath.
    As everyone was leaving, he stopped Giselle at the door. 
    "I was really impressed by your attitude in there. I know you'll make something great of yourself as a ranger, and I can't wait to see where your journey takes you." he handed her a business card. "If you ever need me, just give me a call. And when you get a Wailord make sure you send me a picture, yeah?"

@giselle

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Hoenn 101 [Social]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 3:57:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@giselle