4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 4:42:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

I don’t really want to be here, anymore.

Lulu knew how to do a lot of things.

She could field strip and reassemble any type of gun you threw at her in record time. She could build an exploding bridge-wire detonator, break into whatever place you told her to and install it herself; bug it, too. She could rig a landmine out of whatever was lying around, figure out where your enemy was headed, and set it up right on-base, and then disappear like a ghost. She was a one-man band; a brain with no heart, and seemingly no need or real want for companionship. A blackened soul devoid of any morals or ethical sway. Typically, Lulu was the perfect empty shell for hire. However, unbeknownst to her employers, this shell had recently been refilled with hatred, and there was little room for anything else.

Her loyalty to Rocket had shifted. Lulu Flint, reborn, was only loyal to chaos. Hoenn was her fucking oyster, and she was going to swallow it whole.

Hot-wiring and stealing a sportscar was mere child’s play.

The engine revved loudly as she sped through neon, throwing caution to the wind. Miraculously making it out of the city, and into the countryside, she only kept increasing in speed. Bass heavy music thumped loudly, and the smell of tequila was strong. Gears shifted. She kept going faster, faster. 

Eventually, she was doing 140. A sharp bend came. She screamed and went straight, going for it.

The car flew off the cliff, and for a moment they were floating through the air, a hundred feet up, headed for the water below. She sat there, hands remaining on the wheel as her body lifted out of the leather seat for a long moment, suspended, at first, before feeling gravity take hold. She played chicken with it.

Just before they hit the water and rocks, she looked at the Gardevoir in the seat next to her and reached out. A blinding light flashed and they were TELEPORTED away—back to the submarine. To the bar, specifically, where she ordered another shot of tequila after returning the pokemon.

Her heart pounded and she shivered, stifling a wild grin.

I just want to still be around to watch you die.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 22:33:01 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 even this deep under the waves, the cold indigo of night reaches their abyssal abode. no watch is needed. elijah can feel the evening weigh like sediment in his joints. he leans against the bar counter by his mug of beer, still frothy from a clumsy pour: a cold monolith of indecision.

when lulu suddenly materializes with her gardevoir, elijah swears the glass jumps. stiffly, he cranes himself toward lulu as the capsule consumes the head scientist's partner with light.

"couldn't you have just walked over here instead?" elijah asks. his stare is sharp like silver crescent moons. "i thought the thrill wasn't the destination, but the journey there."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 10:53:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Just as the beer had not expected her to appear, the inventor had not expected it to be there either—or the person it belonged to. She had taken a breath to slow her heart, but it jumped and fluttered at his presence.

A thin flash of teeth betted on acceptable company, before she’d even turned to him. Anyone would do, apart from the usual. The usual felt uncomfortable and inexplicably different lately. It was why she’d decided on the bar of HQ that evening, rather than the one within her own apartment walls.

“Quite so.” she agreed dryly, regarding him with a green-lensed, manic stare; sleepless although strangely energetic. Her lips held a waggish pinch at one side. “I was off the sub. Can’t walk through the ocean, can I?” Thin fingers brought the shot glass to her lips and she knocked it back.

Her eyes never quite left him, and squinted discerningly. Scar. Green hair. “You're the apothecary.” It was a guess.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 22:31:28 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "welcome home, then." elijah's timbre veers closely to a scoff. "that's me. and you're miss big brains." he takes a mouthful of beer, letting it run over his scowl.

a light gasp leaves him as the cold glass peels away. all the while, his gaze lingers on lulu's. despite his own frothy lethargy, her eyes seem bright like headlights. it's blinding.

"work keeping you up?" elijah's rigid form remains planted on the awkward stool.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 6:07:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She smiled at him and nodded falsely, although it was more of an alcohol-induced reflex than an intentional lie. Really, she just didn’t mind being here.

At ‘Miss Big Brains’ her smile went thin, though not unfriendly. Maybe a touch wry.

“Oh… don’t like that one. Call me Lulu.” She suggested, and then ordered another, on the rocks this time. Settling in. She didn’t ask for his name. If he wanted to be known as ‘vague apothecary,’ that was fine.

“Only always.” She sighed, swirling ice. Usually true, although not tonight. The electricity was still sparking a little in her eyes from an adrenaline rush. “You?” What were the plants up to?

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 8:16:37 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "just lulu?" elijah rolls his shoulders. "fine by me."

he debates another swig. the earthy taste lingers on his tongue like wet horse blankets— but to mask the rise of his anxiety, he downs a mouthful anyway.

"same." elijah says. "the plants are loud tonight." he captures the electricity in her eyes with his stony stare. lets it arc around a little before he speaks. "i'm elijah. not gonna lie, i was wondering who'd fill in the head scientist position. hopefully you plan on staying for longer than the rest."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2021 10:30:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The drumfire of her heart spaced, and her posture rounded like room temp butter. An elbow curved across the bar-top and she leaned into it, eyeing him with the unabashed stare of someone who was either not quite right, or didn’t give a damn what a mean mug earned them.

But the stare was interested. Lips sipped a hot dagger on ice; silent, echoing.

At his hope, two fingers wrapped around each other on a lazily propped wrist, representative of the holy bond between Team Rocket and herself. “Til death do us part.” she deadpanned. The gesture fell away from the bar’s edge, taking the topic along with it.

“What is it about tonight that has the plants wound up, I wonder?” Maybe it was the same thing that had possessed her to drive someone else's car off a cliff.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 5:06:45 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the wedding vow is apt. elijah has seen many a grunt die for the cause of rocket— but he knows of more bodies found off-screen. out of frame. within the murky shadow pooling from that dramatic 'R'.

"maybe it's the moon's pull. y'know that shit. we're under the water after all." elijah speaks slow. each syllable is solid. purposeful, like a boulder settling into place. "maybe it's just me. not the plants. our moods affect them, so now i'm here, drinking whatever it is away."

he arches his brow.

"are you superstitious, lulu?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 0:29:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The moon’s pull. She could relate to such tidal effects like restlessness—not that it didn’t plague her constantly, anyways. A sound from the back of a burned throat considered, “Hm.”

A finger ran the salt of cooled sweat along perspiring cut glass, icing her manic fire. Spurred by the mention of it, she brought it to her lips again. Sipped. Rhetorically, she restrung his explanation. “You numb your mind so your plants will sleep better?”  Sort of endearing. 

At superstition, her smile skewed with the slightest air of condescension. “No.”

“But go on.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 4:50:26 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 when laid out like that, his answer seems odd to him. it's like a gaping fish sliced open on a cutting board, twisted guts, bones and all. everything is tidy on the outside— but the logic begins to fail within; however, elijah casts away doubt and owes it to oversimplification.

"oh, i was just wondering," elijah looks at his glass, scrutinizing the foam slide off the sides, "figures though. since you're a super scientist."

he arches his brow: stern bridge above another bitter swig.

"pressure ever get to you?" elijah's eyes remain on her, gaze heavy as if anchoring judgement. "or is this why we're self-medicating now?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 7:09:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

A super scientist. The words felt tingly and her ego smiled through her eyes at him even if her lips didn’t. But he built her up to cut her down. A candle blew out and her stare, though open, shuttered. Elijah had pointed out a weak spot. How rude.

“Are you trying to sell me something?” Eyebrows rose on a face—half covered by a tipped glass—that demanded that this witchy peddler go ahead and level with her.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 4:59:33 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah has half the nerve to deny it— but he senses the slightest slip in façade. questions, even rhetorical, find salient answers. it is just a matter of who speaks it— whether it is by one's lips or echoed in the inquirer's head.

"sure." business descends upon the conversation like his glass against counter. "you want something for sleep? i've got plenty. no need to be shy. everyone comes to me for something..."

elijah crosses his arms, slouch straightening as he leans back on his stool.

"...eventually."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 0:56:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu cracked a smile she couldn’t help at his sudden honestly. “That right? Everyone here’s on drugs?” It was what 'herbal remedies' equated to for her. She’d heard stories.

Her glass was lifted, and she considered a moment. “Suppose that checks out.” Sip.

No one had tried to sell her drugs since Galar. Actually, try wasn’t quite the word. They’d succeeded. The Dragons had undergone a thorough process of corrupting the Galarian over the course of her four years of running with them, bleeding the straightlaced toff right out of her.

“Stress.” She ripped it off like a band-aid, pressing a smile. Fuck. “Function fine without sleep. It's the people around me that are the problem.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
614 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 5:00:44 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "i can't speak for everyone." elijah says, and although they speak in covert tongue, he doesn't mean the conversation to be shady.

in fact, he offers his work out of some stubborn kindness. one that comes about when his skills—and by stony extension himself—have a chance to be valued, appreciated and needed. for it is nice to have in one's life, the inclination that they are the only one required. the only one necessary. no one else.

"your rocket peers?" elijah grumbles. "tell me about it. who's been a pain in your side lately?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
unhinged [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 9:43:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“No, I suppose not. We do have children.” Her mouth went flat and she clicked her tongue disapprovingly, and shifted. That’s all she was going to say.

In the brief minutes she’d known Elijah, he hadn’t seemed like the gossipy type. And, why her Rocket peers? Was he disowning them? Not the worst move, maybe.

“Who hasn’t, really.” she sighed, replacing her glass on the bar top. “Suppose I’m one of those ‘low tolerance for people’ persons, though.” She cut eyes mischievously with the trace of a smirk, deciding to prod him waggishly: “What about you, Elijah? Who don’t you like?”

Lulu wasn’t the gossipy type. However, she was drunk.