Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 9:25:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

MISSION: BEHEEYEM AT THE BARNYARD

Time travel. That was what she was after, now.

Beheeyem were pokemon she had not yet (to her knowledge) come into contact with, but had been very curious about—even before she had settled on her new goals. Their ability to manipulate memories was fascinating and terrifying.

Memories seemed kind of like the strands of time, commanded in space by Dialga, only these were in the space of the mind, commanded by whoever was in control. Lulu wanted to investigate parallels where there perhaps were none. It would be fun to dig, regardless.

Lulu had answered the call of a rancher to see if she might be able to get her hands on a Beheeyem of her own. She arrived in a dark grey hoodie with the hood pulled over her head. It was dark—they would be attempting to catch them by surprise.

She smoked a cigarette, staying put until her assigned partner arrived. As the cherry of it glowed, a few lights appeared in the distance, almost as though to answer the signal back. Lulu stamped it out on a tree, squinting through the dark to see where it was heading.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 12:26:24 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

The wind blew with the scent of livestock, rich and earthy. It was a long way from sidewalks and city pavement-- here, the streets were only grass, the pasture cropped bare by grazing Miltank and Mareep. 

A vehicle was approaching Lulu's location. Slowly, but gradually. There was no sound of an engine, nor warning glow of headlights. The shape was square and blocky, silent but for the faintest hum of magnetic energy. It almost looked like a (strangely solid) golf cart until it grew close enough to make out its huge, bladed red nose.

The figure riding on top of the Probopass raised one hand in greeting, having made (for her) an unusually subtle entrance. "Any signs of one yet?" Chryssa asked in a stage whisper, drawing near to Lulu. She'd worn black for the stealth-based mission, though it seemed less like camouflage and more like she'd just come back from a funeral.

Chryssa was less than able walking on land, and especially not in difficult terrain crawling with tree roots and Diglett mounds. So she'd opted to make her approach on Probopass instead of teleporting in, concerned the flash of light would alert the Beheeyem of her presence. 

The only problem was the painfully, painfully slow speed.

"Beheeyem levitate, I believe," Chryssa said, not wasting time, "So I've brought a Pokemon with Gravity. If I can get close to it, I should be able to ground and trap it." She spoke casually about Probopass as if it was her own inherent powers and saw Arran's eyes roll upwards to look at her dubiously. "I'm Chryssa, by the way."

She smiled suddenly, meeting Lulu's gaze with bright, feverish intensity.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 3:29:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The smell of tobacco was carried off on the wind. Her eyes didn't shift from the Beheeyem in the distance with the girl spoke. She hadn't surprised Lulu, having ridden up as slowly as she had. She nodded in the direction of the pokémon in question.

“Sounds good to me. My Gardevoir can teleport us across the field so we can catch it by surprise.” The woman fished in her pocket for a pokéball and released the elegant fairy in a beam of red light behind a tree, careful to alert their prey.

Then, Lulu finally looked over at the girl to her side, much younger than she’d expected. She blinked. “Ready?” The Gardevoir held out its green appendage.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 15:28:58 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Her proposal had been accepted. Business conducted. The mission was underway. And consequently, Chryssa was struck with the sudden, fervent craving for more. No power struggle? No off-kilter exchange? Where was the spark? Where was the connection? She could have been any drone with a Probopass, but this was Chryssa. 

It had been just over a month since the explosion at the Church of Arceus. For weeks now she had been in and out of the hospital, suspended from "official" ranger duties until she made a full recovery. There was only one explanation for the tame entrance, introduction, and exchange: she was out of practice.

"So what's your weakness?" the girl asked casually, sliding off the side of her Pokemon. She hit the ground cane-first, the tip burying itself past tree roots and soft loam so the rest of her landed lightly. "I'm coming along, of course, I just don't want to be on board if my Probopass gets attacked directly. My weakness is physical ability, by the way, if that wasn't obvious." She was wearing a neck brace.

Again, Arran rolled his eyes disapprovingly at her, a low grumble escaping his mustache. The iron fillings twisted and rearranged themselves like a living, curly mass. <Probo....>

"You could lie, but as I'm sure you're aware, Elgyem and Beheeyem have a way of getting in your head. They'll know your weakness, even if you don't tell me." Chryssa's eyes glinted in the moonlight. Far away, over the field, the red lights continued to blink. There seemed to be three of them, moving in a triangle pattern. A trick, or a signal? 

She extended a small, delicate hand to the Gardevoir. 

"Still, wouldn't it be more interesting if you did?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 9:23:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“My weakness?”

She wasn’t entirely sure of the context of the question, and that might’ve shown in the way her brow furrowed if her bangs hadn’t hidden them. This girl was strange, wasn’t she?

For a moment longer, from beneath a dark hood, Lulu’s eyes lingered on her; untrusting. Trying to discern something in her face in shadow before turning back to their prey. Her prey.

The Gardevoir withdrew, not accepting the hand it had initially reached for, as it seemed a mind had silently changed. The mood had too, a little.

“You’re weird.” She didn’t beat around the bush, attempting to carry the conversation as she squinted out into the night again for lights. “And you seem vaguely threatening. What’s your deal?”

Lulu wasn’t feeling threatened, per se, and that showed in the looseness of her posture. She just meant to acknowledge the girl’s villainous air so as to not appear vulnerable to it. If she was missing something, blame it on the fact that she was a bit touched. Paranoid? Nothing new here.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 10:22:40 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Gardevoir’s sudden rejection didn’t phase Chryssa— she just wiggled her fingers teasingly at the fairy-type instead. Being called weird had almost as little effect. “Am I really? You’re the one with no name or weaknesses,” the girl pointed out, still innocently composed. The woman had failed to respond to the most basic introduction and question, so her probing felt justified. “Don’t you have one? Really? Just make one up.”

Lie for her.

Entertain her. 

It didn’t matter what Lulu actually said. What was important was that she said something. ‘Cool’ people never wanted to admit they had anything wrong with them. It ruined the mysterious, ironclad veneer. As one of those undeniably cool people, Chryssa understood that fact implicitly. In some ways, she was lucky to have such an obvious physical problem on a surface level. It saved her the embarrassment of having her own facade cracked, and her true vulnerabilities exposed.

That didn’t stop her from trying to crack other people. Chryssa liked to level the playing field. And as someone who’d fought and trained a majority of psychic-types, she knew how quickly the tables could turn on a person with a vulnerable psyche. The right word. The right implication. A physical impairment was the least of their worries once they were dealing with a cornered Beheeyem.

“Gravity will pin Beheeyem down, but it won’t render it defenseless. Psychic-types can be quite resourceful,” Chryssa said, rephrasing her justification for the question. She rested her hand against her Probopass. Behind the mustached Pokemon, a sleeping Miltank began to levitate into the air. There was no psychic glow, no beam of energy, no blinking lights—it simply began to float into the sky.

Chryssa ignored the miracle of science completely. She was still fixated on Lulu’s weakness.  “...I’m just making sure you’re prepared. ” 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:00:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The scientist’s eyes cut at the girl coldly. Her annoyance, as soon as it  appeared to take the reins, only escalated from there. She’d ignored the introduction because names were unimportant; irrelevant. Not only that, but Lulu always ignored introductions. She did not often participate until even more thoroughly hassled.

“No.” she snapped, a coldness in her voice going through the air to nip the girl on the nose.

Instead of weakness, she would respond to the girl’s concerns with only strength. Prepared.” she sneered. I’ve studied for this. Still, this would not prepare her for what was to come. Little did Lulu know, the scrambled memories in her mind, swimming beneath the surface, were a very real weakness which the Beheeyem could see, and use against her at will.

Behind the tree, once more, she released a purple Orbeetle. It floated off the ground on ladybug-like wings. Watching the cow briefly, Lulu’s eyes skimmed for the source of the TELEKINESIS. Lights flashed in the distance, across the field.

“You’re coming, I’m guessing. Touch your Probopass if it’s coming too. Be ready.” Making the executive decision, the woman boldly commanded the Gardevoir in her mind to suddenly reach out and touch the girl on her arm. Lulu’s hand was on her Orbeetle, and the four (or five) would TELEPORT to the Beheeyem’s location, hopefully all making it together.

And, hopefully, the Chryssa’s GRAVITY would be delivered quickly. “SHADOW BALL!” Regardless, a ball of ghost energy would be sent at the pokemon, nearly as soon as the portal had opened up on the other side. Via its TELEPATHY, the Gardevoir would attempt to distract the pokemon from invading the minds of the humans.

The cow fell, likely dead upon impact.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 4:16:01 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

She was cool. Chryssa had to admire the mysterious woman's dedication to her mysterious woman image. Chryssa herself sometimes struggled to keep up a consistent persona-- she tended to drop in and out of character as naturally as breath, citing stage directions and commentary before returning to her role. 

None of it was real. Everything was a show. The only test was who the better actor was, and who had more to lose from falling off the stage.

The blur of Teleport smeared them across the landscape, and Chryssa felt fragrant grass take shape beneath her boots. The sky was dark, and there was no time to get her bearings. It was essential to catch Beheeyem by surprise. "Gravity," she said as soon as her tongue settled in her mouth, and the hum of Magnet Rise was offset by a heavy thud as the rock-type's body fisted deep into the ground. 

As if weighed down by invisible snow, the boughs of trees bent towards the earth and night insects plummeted, decorating the ground like a car windshield. The Miltank fell with a crunch of sudden angles, cruel corners bent from curves.

"Block it, Arran,"
Chryssa ordered, finally orienting herself in their new surroundings as Lulu's Pokemon shot a Shadow Ball at the grounded alien. "Keep it from moving around." 

Was she tempting fate?

A cornered animal will always fight back.

Arran's Mini-Noses detached from his sides and the three beaked projectiles formed a tight, rotating circle. They zoomed towards the Beheeyem like a lasso, imprisoning it in a hoop of spinning stones.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you did?

The Beheeyem's glowing eyes pulsed frantically, then slowed. It raised its hands as if to surrender, exposing the three diodes set in each palm.

Three colors, blinking in rapid succession.

Green. Yellow. Red. Red. Yellow. Green.

From one hand, green light bathed Lulu like a searching spotlight. 

From the other, red hues shone on Chryssa, washing her in blood-colored light.

PROBOPASS USED GRAVITY
PROBOPASS USED BLOCK

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 2:57:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Thanks to Chryssa, the Beheeyem was seemingly caught—for the moment. Stunned by the success of it and by the light which blinded her, Lulu’s reflexes failed.

Gardevoir, who had been attempting to break through the barrier of the pokemon’s superior mental realm, was knocked back by its PSYCHIC power, and merely tossed aside like a ragdoll via the pokemon’s TELEKINESIS—not exactly a common feature. This was unexpected.

The woman wasn’t quite scared so much as she was in awe. Just as Gardevoir had been taken out of the air, so were they hoisted into it. Her hair floated up a bit around her jaw, weightless. Her feet fell, slackened at the ankle with nothing to stand on.

’Use FUTURE SIGHT.’ Lulu commanded her Gardevoir via their connection. Maybe if they could get ahead of it… but the Beheeyem’s IMPRISON kept them from peering into its plans. This thing was, indeed, wily.

The pattern on its ‘hands’ only increased in frequency. “It’s trying to tell us something!” She called over. Chryssa seemed to be familiar with Beheeyem, but she couldn’t be sure. “Those flashing lights are how it communicates.” And Lulu intended on decoding the language.

Perhaps becoming frustrated with their lack of understanding, the Beheeyem attempted to pry open their minds. For answers, communication… the purpose would be unknown.

As it explored briefly via PSYCHIC, it took an interest in ’s false, implanted memories. Curiously, it poked and prodded around the oddities, perhaps even shifting a thing or two, just so. Perhaps.

Moving on, it pilfered through an exceptional human brain, causing its owner’s eyes to roll back in her head, lolling back as well. Eventually, after more careless rummaging, Lulu was ultimately spared. The lid was lobbed back on loosely, roughly as it’d be found.

Blinking back into reality, she looked over in a daze at the woman in red, wondering if she too had fallen victim.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 9:37:50 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

There was nothing so sophisticated, so intricate, in Chryssa’s mind compared with the scientist’s. Nothing about her psyche had been tampered with (unless you counted years of religious conditioning from the Church of Arceus.) There was little to dissect intellectually— but as for emotions... well, those simple chemicals were as easy to change as flicking a switch. Love to hate. Joy to fury.

Red to green, green to yellow, yellow back to red.

As Lulu suffered the undressings of psychic fingers, the Beheeyem found in Chryssa what it had been looking for.

Fear.

The first rush as the Beheeyem pulled was dizzying, as paralyzing as the first drop of a roller coaster. Chryssa’s body stiffened as if plunged into freezing water, each muscle tensing hard enough to crumple cans where she floated above the ground.

But that wasn’t it. Not all of it, anyway. Chryssa’s heartbeat seemed to slow as she sorted past the shock to find the first wave ebbing, narrowing. It wasn’t just fear— this was something darker, something deeper. Something familiar.

When she was at her most alone and her thoughts turned to ticking timers, Chryssa knew this beast.

This was dread.

“Something’s coming,” she managed to find her voice and say clearly, still rigid from the dread that the psychic Pokémon continued to pull from her innermost thoughts. Her tongue felt fat and sluggish in her mouth, a frightened animal caged in a prison of gritted teeth. “I don’t know what... but I think it’s trying to warn us.”

What would frighten a Beheeyem? What could be so terrible that an extraterrestrial (if those theories were true) would come to Earth and turn to robbing cattle?

The lights blinked frenetically as the psychic-type spelled out the answer, a desperate warning in a language neither of them could read.

Suspended in red light, Chryssa could only continue to dread what happened next. When they failed to understand, the Beheeyem would drop them— and they would fall to the ground like so many bags of broken bones. With her capacity for higher thought suspended as surely as her body, one instinct overrode the rest. 

I have to live.

“Arran, let it go— send your mini-noses up here to get us,” Chryssa managed, speaking through jaws that felt welded shut with tension. Now!” The circle of spinning projectiles broke, two of the mini-noses soaring up towards the pair of women in the sky like life preservers in the ocean of night. Chryssa seized the closest one just as the light faded and the Psychic attack dropped, gravity resuming its normal downward course.

They were free—but so was Beheeyem.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 2:55:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Despite Lulu’s soaring IQ, that evening, young proved smarter for her fear; because fear was lifesaving. In fact, life would eventually cease to exist without it. Prey wouldn’t run. Predators would kill each other over power, and whoever found themselves at the top would ruin the world by taking too big a risk too many times. The world was already cracking because too many humans did not fear consequence.

Without fear, there was no survival—and it was the scientist’s nihilistic deficiency of it which had caused her to fall to and Tapu Fini the first time.

To make matters worse, she was still presumptuous. Still fairly green as a trainer, despite the power of the collection growing in her computer. She was accustomed to being the smartest one around—at least in some ways—and thus overconfidence put her through lesson after lesson, not to fuck with pokemon who could far outwit her—at least not without a very solid plan.

Warn us?” the woman echoed, last words before they were released from their psychic hold, gravity pulling them to a promised death in the dirt below.

Before she could frantically call out for the assistance of her own pokemon, a “mini-nose” swooped in to save her. Her mouth shut again and her arms wrapped around it tight, not questioning the rescue. When they were back on the ground, she was off, wasting no time in running after it as though she could keep up.

“GARDEVOIR! ORBEETLE!” The names were barked sharply, and with the aid of the Gardevoir’s TELEPATHY, the three connected seamlessly.

The white-dressed psychic-type rushed towards her trainer, and a bright flash happened. And another, and then another, as the Beheeyem, and Lulu and her Gardevoir began TELEPORTING  in a chase all over the pasture. The Orbeetle did its best to follow, sending each attempt at casting CONFUSION on the Beheeyem, missing mostly, until one finally hit squarely enough to take effect.

The TELEPORTS stopped suddenly. As soon as she had the chance, Lulu, overzealous and not willing to squander it, wound back and threw a pokeball much too hard, as though it were the finale attack. It hit metal with a clang which could be heard like a reverberating cowbell across the otherwise quiet field.

Hell yeah.

Didn't even die.

(murk is trading me a beyeeyem <3 thx murk)

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 7:42:52 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Floating above it all, Chryssa felt the sense of doom drain from her body, leaving her exhausted. After weeks spent in the hospital, the feeling was almost as familiar—and infectious—as the fear.  

Her dangling legs found solid support as her Probopass blasted up to meet her, bladed red nose spiraling like a compass needle. She settled on his head, still clinging with one arm to the Mini-Nose like a lone water wing in the sea of night.

Below, a tapestry of Teleport decorated the dark grasses. Psychic power flared again and again, brilliant, as pursued the streak of blinking diodes like a comet chasing traffic lights..

Red. Yellow. Yellow. Green. Red. Yellow. Yellow. Green. 

The girl leaned forward, suddenly incredulous. Her eyes widened. Was it just her, or was it actually—

“Hold still, Arran. My, my, isn’t that something...”

The alfalfa was cool and dewy beneath her bare feet when the girl finally landed, the grass tickling her ankles. She’d lost her boots midair. “That’s mission complete,” Chryssa said, resting one hand on the rock-type for support as she made her way over to the winded (and triumphant!) woman. “I have something I’d like to show you before we leave, though. I thought you ought to see it.”

The girl held up her cell phone, on which she’d taken a time lapse photo from above. Like a living drone, she and Probopass had gotten a clear view of the pasture from a bird’s eye perspective. 

“Enhance,” Chryssa said, zooming in like a normal person could generally do on their smartphone. “Enhance... enhance... there!” 

Even in its desperate flight, the Beheeyem had been calculated. It had painted a portrait with its path, criss-crossing the field to form a starlit globe, its surface streaked with greens and golds. 

But then there was another shape— something strange and angular, asymmetric, an anomaly in an otherwise perfect crop circle. Something red as raw meat, scribbled through with jagged scarlet veins.

Perhaps this, at last, was what Beheeyem had been trying to show the livestock it had levitated. A view no one else could see. A message no one else could read. 

A picture—one only a camera could capture. 

“I don’t know what this means,” Chryssa said, her eyes bright. Her fingers curled around the screen and the mosaic preserved there, pixel-by-pixel, transcribed in light. “But I hope you do.”

Feeling lightheaded from the night’s excitement, Chryssa let out her breath, then pocketed her phone with a sudden, infectious smile.

Let’s meet again, Ms. Mystery. Don’t leave me hanging next time. I’m still waiting for your weakness.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
alien abduction [m][c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 3:07:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: