2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 1:00:10 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
continued from here (last post for context)
ambiance

Chu-e never knew Cadis. It would stand to reason that this being his lab wouldn't even click. After he had gained his bearings from the fall, made sure that had gotten down without any new gaping wounds in her body from the sharp metal of the vent, it was really just left on them to figure out how to Scooby-Doo out of this mess.

The place was nasty and dusty, only the barest hint of light shining through. Mysterious science implements were stacked up and turned off, mostly, only a half dozen of the larger ones still having bright red dials and buttons glowing faintly in the dark.

It was lucky that Chu-e had phone on him. The flashlight was really all the light he had right now.

"Well... guess we found.... whatever the fuck this all is." He motioned around him before starting to move for the door- which was clearly on the other side of the room, along with a set of light switches. He tried to lights first. Only one of the lights flickered on, dimly, before suddenly brightening and bursting in a shower of sparks and glass in the corner of the room. Well.

"Hmm."

The door was tried next. Chu-e was a weak man but... well, it was clear from the shrieking and groaning the door hadn't been used in a while. It was sealed shut, maybe from rust since it seemed to be not as well kept as the rest of the ship, but also he suspected that the door was locked from the outside.

"Hmmmmm."

Turning back around, Chu-e faced Plank with all the grace of a man defeated, shining the light directly in her face as he did so.

"Think we're trapped, kiddo."

The idea crossed his mind to maybe get back in the vents... but the points from the bent metal was too dangerous. They were just as likely to slit their throats as they were get back inside.

Oh wait, his phone.

Chu-e pulled up his contacts, trying to think over who to call. Who was on the ship... probably was. Gavin was here a lot. If not, he knew the scientist would eat his own sock to get here as quickly as possible. Not even hesitating, he dialed out. What Chu-e didn't know was that the thing nesting in this room was out there with Gavin. So needless to say, after a few rings it went to voice-mail, making him huff.

Well.

"Guess we need to see if we can find anything useful."
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 2:02:14 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Oh yeah, this is just what Plank wanted. To drop out of cramped vents and into some creepy nothing room. She clings a little tighter to Hull, who's still cradling her in his arms, as she scans the room anxiously. God. Her body still aches.

"Hang in there Hull," she murmurs before leaning a little more heavily on the large pokemon. If he minds he doesn't make it obvious, just shifts his weight a little.

He is however bothered by the exploding light. He instinctively curls in at the sudden burst of light and sparks, crushing Plank to his chest somewhat. She pushes against his pull, but can't fault him. The flash had startled a yelp out of her, too.

"What the fuck are ya even doin' over there? We've been here for five fuckin' seconds and ya blew somethin' up!" she shouts in the direction of Choi's flashlight's glow. A mistake, as soon as the glow was shining at her. It's her turn to curl up as she tucks her face behind crossed arms and turns in to face her Golisopod's chest.

Hull, to his credit, stands a bit straighter and chitters menacingly for a moment. Whether it's protectiveness or just his general desire to pick a fight hanging around isn't clear.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught ya not t' go around shinin' -- wait a fuckin' minute," she suddenly uncurls, leans over Hull's arms to glare down at Choi, "We're fuckin' trapped!? Are ya kiddin' me!?"

She continues to complain as the man pulls out his phone.

"I get shot at by some fuckin' vent creature because of you, then I jump in the vents after ya because ya want t' chase it so bad, and now I'm stuck in some fuckin' dust farm of a room 'cus I bothered t' hop down 'n' make sure ya didn't . . . I don't know, break somethin' after fallin' outta the damn vents? You're a fuckin' curse."

She scoffs at his suggestion they be "useful", stops leaning over Hull's arms to instead rest against his chest.

"Why the fuck should I?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 8:00:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
To his credit, Chu-e is mostly tuning out as she rants and complains. He does decide to be cheeky and mock opening and closing his mouth to mock her, a wiggle in his head as he does so for extra 'childishness'. He's not looking at her, though, busier taking pictures of whatever is around them and sending them all to . The space, the paperwork he can rummage up, even one of the very pissed off teenage girl he's now in the company of, just for good measure. If Gavin wasn't going to answer he was going to blow his phone up like he was a jealous girlfriend convinced the other was cheating. That would show him.

"Do you wanna still be here when whatever that thing shows up? The vents were one thing, but I'm pretty sure it, like, sleeps here or something." And it was pretty much Survival 101 you didn't fuck around in a dangerous thing's nest. It was just plain common sense. "Besides, haven't you ever seen a horror movie? You're young, you'll live. I'll be the one ripped in two like a really bloody pinata. That's how this shit works."

Either Chu-e wasn't taking this as seriously as Plank was or he was just fucking with her. Maybe both.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:56:50 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Being ignored doesn't help Plank's attitude much. The least a person could do when they piss her off is listen properly when she reams them! Every flash of the man's phone camera, every tap of his fingers on the screen, it makes her more and more irritated.

It's for this reason that when Choi next speaks her sense of self-preservation has to struggle in the face of her stubborn petulance.

"I, well if it comes back . . . like ya said, it'll get you first. Figure while it's shootin' lasers 'n' shreddin' ya with its claws I can find a way out," she replies.

"Besides," she echoes the man, voice drawling and mocking, "What kinda useful shit can ya even find in some dusty old room?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 23:19:03 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
I thought we understood that was the plan anyway, back in the vents." Chu-e glanced back up at her, rolling his eyes. "It eats me, you run. Easy."

At least finally messaged back. It raised a small weight off his shoulders that maybe this would work out. Guess that this situation had come to a head if Gavin and whoever else 'they' were had managed to track it down. "We're not the only ones dealing with this anymore." Because he may as well keep in the loop. "Gav says it's in the med bay right now." Which... really didn't do too much good in terms of location. If Chu-e guessed right, they were still somewhere in the Labs. So it was in another wing of the ship but not so far away to not cause worry....

A quick. 'Can we trap it?' was shot back to Gavin.

"Alright, new plan." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his handful of pokeballs. Sadly, most of them had been left in his office. Thankfully, Cipher would probably start going crazy soon to find him. That Delphox was fucking insane. But, he did have some things to work with. "What pokemon you got on you? We can probably plug up most of those holes and set a trap if we're clever about this."

Even if he joked, Chu-e didn't really want to die to the laser wielding vent crawler.

His Magneton and Primarina wouldn't be too much help. Ah, but maybe....

A quick toss and three pokemon were now in the room. An Ampharos, a Slurpuff, and a shiny Lopunny. The three pokemon looked just as confused about the dim surroundings and the humans were. "Alright. Snacks," He flashes his light at the Slurpuff. "See all these holes? Use your Sticky Web and plug those bitches up. Except uh...." The light is aimed at the ceiling now as he mentally tries to calculate which direction the med bay might be. "That one. Don't fill in that one. Kidd, use Magnetic Flux on that one instead. Creams, you're on standby." The three pokemon nodded before getting to work.

"Anything you got that can help reinforce the web, trap that hole, or just beat the shit out of that thing if it shows up will help."
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 3:48:03 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Yeah, because the other two have gone so well," Plank grumbles in reply to Choi's call for another change of plans. At least she can treat it like a small victory. If they switched plans so quickly there must not be anything useful in a dusty old room -- just like she thought.

"Trappin' isn't really somethin' me 'n' my pokemon do, but I'll check," Plank answers, digging into the pockets of her shorts for a few more pokeballs. Without many other options she settles on the roughest pair she's got on her. In a flash of white her Chatot, Jack, and Vaporeon, Mama reveal themselves.

The former instantly settles on her shoulder while the latter lands gracefully on the lab's floor.

"Hey guys," she says, sounding almost happy for the first time tonight. Mama purrs in her general direction while Jack wastes no time picking a bit of hair to chew on.

"Apparently we're pluggin' holes or whatever, I need you two t' follow the lead of this loser's pokemon," she directs the pair, gesturing vaguely in Choi's direction on 'loser', "His plans fuckin' suck but I don't have any other ideas."

Jack and Mama take a moment to watch Choi's pokemon at work with old, seasoned eyes. They choose how to help more or less on their own. Jack flutters down from Plank's shoulder to land on Mama and the Vaporeon takes them both to the holes the Slurpuff has recently sealed up. MIMIC and COPYCAT allow them to reinforce the barriers there with extra STICKY WEBS.

"Hull, you're on guard duty. Put me down," she tells her hulking lug of a partner. The Golisopod huffs in acknowledgement before crouching down so Plank can climb out of his arms. Exhaustion is hitting her as adrenaline fades, so the moment her sneakers touch the floor she hops up on a nearby desk.

No way she's standing around for who knows how long.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 4:00:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Before Chu-e could do much more to rile up the whole sub shook, almost knocking the man off balance. Then the sirens started, echoing a warning medley outside the room. A red light started to flash, high above, fading in and out of the darkness. Chu-e's phone went off, revealing an unsettling message.

We have a breach in the medical bay. We're taking on water. If you are able, exit the sub with all haste.

From . Chu-e paled before grimacing, resolve firming up into something more commanding. It was time to stop fucking around.

"The subs flooding." As he spoke, Chu-e called back his pokemon but called out his Primarina from earlier. "Fuck waiting. We need to bust out and get to my office." Where all his pokemon were, namely all his ones who could teleport. He needed to get to them. To get Peggie off the sub, then to track down and get as many people off this ship as possible.

"Marsh, Icy Wind that door!" The seal pokemon leaned up and started to freeze the door over as requested, intending to use the ife to help weaken the steel of the door. It would make it easier to bust down.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 2:02:48 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Things feel like they might be on track to be something for the first time since they dropped in the room. For all her shit talk, following Choi's latest plan seems to have gone alright. The place is webbed up to shit, electrified where it's not, and they're sitting pretty. Not much more of an advantage you can have against some rampaging vent monster.

Of course, Plank cannot think good things about her strange companion for the evening without being immediately punished.

The news from Choi goes in quick enough. All the words individually make sense. But they have to rattle around a little bit in her head before their full meaning is derived. Maybe it's the shock. Maybe it's that she's dumb. Maybe it's the sheer absurdity of the situation.

Regardless, when it hits it hits.

"We're fuckin' what now?" She jumps from the desk she was sitting on, fresh adrenaline keeping her legs from aching when they slam into the ground, "How the fuck is, what kind of shit gang, fuck! Whatever! Hull! Door!"

Her Golisopod leaps into action, running up to the door as Choi's Primarina starts freezing it with an ICY WIND. The moment it's covered in ice, one of his claws comes down -- curled into a fist. ROCK SMASH shatters the ice where it hits and dents the steel. An awful screech sounds out as the rust holding it shut struggles to keep it from grinding open.

It is fighting a losing battle.

The Golisopod swings again, and then again. The door dents further and further, the corners holding steady but its center tenting out like a freshman's pants on prom night. Anger grips Hull at the slab of steel's persistence and he begins to whale on it. It crunch, crunch, crunches and then bursts off its hinges and flies into the hallway.

In the meantime Plank returns Mama and Jack before running up to stand behind Hull.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 2:51:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The outburst is ignored. As orders her pokemon to bust them out, Chu-e calls back Marsh and makes his way over to those papers. Some are dusty and nasty but he shakes them off and grabs as many as he can; a quick glance mentions something about a Genesis Project and Druantium Chrome but Chu-e has no idea what those are and doesn't have the time to read deeper. When the door busts down, Chu-e is ready.

"Alright, we're going to my office and getting you off this ship." He says it as if there isn't any point in arguing, because there isn't; Plank will survive this even if she decides to kick and scream. It takes a moment for him to orient himself before he starts to march down the hallways. A door leads them into the main lab area, various scientists scurrying around in a panic. The ones in their way duck out of the way as he passes, not wanting to cross their Underboss- who looks on a warpath; much different from all of his screwing around earlier.

His office is nearby, down a long hallway. If Peggie has been speaking to him at any point, he isn't listening. A Delphox stands in front of one of the doors, looking anxious, but perks up and rushes to Chu-e when it spots him. He nods to the pokemon and jerks open his door, stepping inside. The first thing he does is open a drawer behind his desk, stuffing his pockets with pokeballs; then a little over a half dozen of various Psychic type pokemon are tossed out.

"My Mr. Mime will Teleport you to safety." As he speaks, he is collecting his laptop and various folders. They're shoved in a Gardevoir's hands, who Teleports away. "Everyone! Go start getting people off this sinking ship!" Other than the Mr. Mime, the various other pokemon all vanish to start the task. The Gardevoir is back a moment later.
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 0:25:49 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Yeah, off the ship sounds fuckin' great," Plank replies before following after Choi. The march is a bit better than walking, but holy shit would she prefer it if they were running instead. A ship taking on water is stressful, a sub taking on water is a fucking nightmare. If they don't all clear out soon . . .

Well, chance of rescue is unlikely in a capsized, secret base at the bottom of the ocean. The depths will finish what the League started.

So, naturally, there's no kicking or screaming or objections on the way to Choi's office. She follows him dutifully and silently.

Hull does the same for the most part. Can't help the way his carapace sometimes scrapes on a wall or completely keep himself from grumbling on the way through the occasionally tight corridor.

"Yeah, like I said, sounds fuckin' great," she repeats when they reach their destination. Before walking up to the Mr. Mime she returns Hull to his pokeball and then the pokeball to her pocket.

"Don't die, I guess," is all she has to say before she's vanished by the Mr. Mime's TELEPORT.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dead space
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 0:57:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: