2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
icicle for your thoughts? [c/s]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 11:00:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Captain Skyler Dross had designed an ingenious way to get around the frigid depths of Shoal Cave, little to no spelunking equipment necessary - at least on the way down. She'd taken the idea from her exploration of the Regirock Temple when she'd been running from a cloud of angry Golbat along with and

"Eeeeeee!" Curious denizens of Shoal Cave watched with different degrees of disbelief as a Lapras sailed through the air, leaving crystals of ice to hang in the air behind her. A long mane of blonde hair flapped in the wind as Captain Dross held on for dear life, mouth curled in a wild grin, adrenaline flashing in her eyes. 

Sharp rocks jutted out from the sides of the cave, ice hanging onto them like grasping claws. The Lapras and her trainer weaved between them with equal parts skill and luck (and an expertly placed Ice Beam), though Skyler ended up having to call forth Murzim to destroy a couple of tricky ones. 

By the time the ship captain reached the small plot of land where she had planted her carrot seeds the other day, her chest was heaving. Giddy laughter spilled from her mouth, riding on the wave of adrenaline still flowing through her veins, as she patted her Lapras. "Good job, Oceanide."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 11:37:34 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Razz is pretty sure he isn’t the best at making life choices. Not with how he dealt with his past, not in his apartment, and most certainly not now when Sky asked him to join her in the ice cave for something fun. Something he knows he’s no expert at so he figured why not? What could go wrong? [break][break]

Turns out it was a lot. A lot could go wrong, especially as he was holding on for dear life on her shell with how fast they were going. Honestly he hated this the first time they did it back when they went adventuring and he hated it now. Though Salem was up on top the Lapras’ head seeming to have the time of his life as the wind blew through his fur. If it were just a speed thing the ranger feels like this would have been fine, but with the addition of ice beam to make things fast and what felt to him more unstable and the Minior needing to blow things up for them to not hit something. It was all nerve wreaking with how tired he was when he first met up with the sailor. [break][break]

When they finally slow to a stop Razz is quick to jump off, his legs feeling a tad wobbly. God he was cold from that, ”Remind me why I agreed to come with you on your death travel again,” he questions having some regrets from that trip. Mean while Salem just waves his arm dismissively at his trainer knowing he’d be fine as he turns to Skyler seeming to being meowing ‘again again!’

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 19:44:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Because I'm your friend and you love me?" Down here in the depths of Shoal Cave temperatures dropped sharply, and as Skyler spoke a small cloud of foggy breath escaped her mouth, quickly disappearing into the air. Despite this - and the hilarious redness that was spreading over her nose - the captain didn't seem overly bothered, lips quirked into a shameless grin that she threw back at Razz over her shoulder. "And we're having fun?"

Unlike her friend, Salem was clearly having fun, gesturing for them to repeat the ice sliding with enthusiastic gestures that softened Skyler's grin. "We'll get to it, Salem, just gotta check on a few things first." She'd planted the seeds some time ago in this cave as per what she'd been advised to do. It'd been a bit of a disaster at first, like trying to plant things in dry concrete, but the damned things had grown - much to Skyler's own astonishment.

Silver eyes did a quick sweep of the area. Upon finding nothing out of ordinary, the captain promptly strode over to a relatively hidden nook, nestled between sharp rocks and stalagmites. Murzim followed after its trainer, bathing the nearby rocks in indigo light. "There you are." There was a bit of climbing and wiggling to reach the small plot of land were two small 'gardens' rested, right next to each other.

Skyler knelt down to peer at the plants, a calloused digit hovering over tiny icicles hanging from the underside of surprisingly healthy-looking leaves. Her voice echoed strangely as she called back to Razz. "You haven't thrown up yet, have you?" 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 13:01:52 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I feel one of those aspects need rethinking," he retorts as for now he is just thanking being on solid land for now. For a bit he does what he can to warm himself up. Breathing hot breath into his hands, rubbing his ears, apparently his body was too adjusted to the island temperature that going into the ice cave too fast didnt have him adjusting well. "I think ive made clear crashing and going into things recklessly isnt that fun." [break][break]

Whether this was just his usual cautious nature, or a result of hoenn having constantly beat him down who knew. It wasnt like he ever said no when Skyler asked him to join her. Salem just sticks his tounge out at the reply, but clear he accwpted it before he goes over to his trainer to jump on him to use the humans body as his own personal heater even if he wasnt much warmer. Though at least he had fur. Though that was until another caught his eye and he bugs his trainer who looks up. [Break][break]

"I wasnt going to throw up," he pouts back before looking toward the figure which was a bit too far for him to clearly see, "did you invite another here?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 22:16:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

While the ruckus of sound had gone mostly unnoticed, there was a third presence in Shoal Cave—and admittedly, okay this was partially flexing as well.

Ro the Metagross was napping somewhere in a corner, burnished legs folded in as the great, hulking silver beast was catching up on a much-needed ‘power nap’.

Alpha the Lucario, on the other hand, was still staring at his human in sheer disbelief.

What kind of sane, normal thought-processing individual would wander around Shoal Cave (admittedly one of the few cold places in the entire Hoenn region) without protective gear on?!

…it was just Lars putzing about, shirtless. There’s still dignity there, y’know.

Admittedly he wasn’t affected by the cold (let’s not start with the puns) as he looked up, completely and totally unfazed at the drop in temperature.

“Hi.”

Behind him, Alpha the Lucario could only wave his paws around in a ‘why me’ gesture, unseen by Lars.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 23:10:02 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Razz's sarcastic quip only served to make Skyler's smile widen, a huff of amusement escaping her lungs as she studied the strange, icy leaves that had grown since she'd last been here. Though the expression was soon wiped away by an annoyed frown when she realized that her plants were just the tiny bit smaller than those standing to the side.

Ugh, would never let her live this down...

"What? What d'you mean, reckless? That was completely planned and flawlessly executed!" This had actually been her first time ice sliding into the depths of Shoal Cave, but what Razz didn't know couldn't hurt him, right? Maybe better keep that a secret from him... at least for now. Or maybe tell him and watch his reaction.

Regardless, when Skyler finally managed to wiggle her way out of the nook she'd disappeared into, she was treated to the sight of Razz's baffling question and-

and...

"What the fuck." Silver eyes peered into the darkened edges of the chamber, just barely making out an approaching figure. The first thing that she noticed, of course, was the fact that the figure was shirtless. In the coldest place in Hoenn.

A hilariously bewildered expression took over Skyler's face then, silver eyes ghosting over impeccable abs and pecs which she was sure looked strangely familiar - growing more so when her gaze finally reached the shit-eating grin in a familiar face.

"Lars?! What in the actual fuck." Skyler was happy to see her best friend, but at the moment other thoughts took precedence. Most likely because - was he flexing? He was totally flexing, wasn't he? How dare. "What are you doing here - and why are you shirtless?!"

And how come your abs are more defined than mine?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 23:46:33 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”If that was planned I don’t think you would’ve needed to destroy the rocks in the way,” Razz comments pretty sure he was reading through her bullshit. Besides he is sure she’s mention of being a ‘doer’ and not a ‘planner’ so that was out the window in his books. He rolls his shoulders a bit as he clenches and unclenches his hands to help with the stiffness from having to hold onto the lapras. Maybe he should’ve traveled his own way into the cave. [break][break]

He does walk closer to the other as Skyler seem to point it out as being Lars. Razz takes a look around to see a few of the other’s pokemon, one of them seeming confused as he was with the whole shirtless thing. Though it makes sense once again as he thinks back to what he saw in the ruins making his mood go a bit south. Though if nothing else Razz has become good at keeping up pleasantries. ”Mr. Anderson,” Razz greets with a nod as the man is still technically his boss so he should be professional. He does give Sky a curious look at her own confusion though, “Did you miss the same thing as me?” he questions not entirely sure if she really didn’t get it or was just surprised to see him. [break][break]

“This is the whole ‘avatar power’ stuff right?” with the information of them being a tad more out in the open it seemed fair to question it,

[break][break]

+ + [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 23:57:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Lucario still had the “why me” expression on its face before catching sight of two familiar humans and nodding in their direction in greeting.

Lars, of course, was unperturbed by the cold temperature.

“Razz, how many times do I have to tell you it’s Lars, he began, pinching the bridge of his nose and taking a deep breath to calm down.

Maybe it was fortunate that the people who were present in the Cave were those who explicitly knew about his ‘secret’ and therefore…

Looking over at Skyer this time, all he could do was roll his shoulders nonchalantly.

“It’s not often I can do this. Especially with people around who have no idea about it,” was all he said her way, before the beginning of a mischievous smirk cracked across his face.

He then turned around in time to see his Lucario give him a face, and he sighed.

“Alph, no need to be so—oy,” he grumbled with another sigh.

“Yes, it’s the thing, and yes I like it down here, it’s cold—hell it’s the only place I can be sane enough without melting out in the heat,” he added before looking over to the patch of ground near where the Metagross was sleeping. His own ‘carrot’, if he could call it that, was planted there and sprouting quite nicely.

How in the ever-loving fuck was something like that able to grow out here, in the coldest, dampest reaches of Shoal Cave?!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 20:00:05 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler had become used to the formal way Razz chose to address Head Ranger , though a scoff still escaped her lips at how utterly ridiculous it sounded - especially when said Head Ranger was blalantly exposing some of his assets for all the world (but mainly her and Razz at the moment) to see. And by assets she meant nipples. How come they hadn't frozen yet?

Ah, right. Giant ice bird.

Captain Dross was not envious. Not at all.

"I threatened Razz I would punch him if he kept on calling me Miss Dross." A lopsided grin lifted a corner of her mouth as she made her way to Lars. "It worked. Maybe you should give it a try." She probably shouldn't have sounded so proud of the fact, but the grin on her face was wholly unapologetic.

And it only grew more so when she intentionally slammed a hand down onto Lars' back in greeting, followed by an arm looping around his shoulders. "Guess being the chosen of an ice deity in a tropical region has its disadvantages." The twinkle in her eyes betrayed how glad she was to see Lars, despite all the (mostly) well-intentioned ribbing. There was a flash of concern in there too. "And have you sworn off shirts?" The grin stretching her mouth widened into something wicked as she flexed her own muscles. "Or are you trying to prove something, spiky?" 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 20:33:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I don't think I can do that sir, doesn't seem.... right?" he can't help but defend in a small way. It had very much been beaten into him to address his superiors in a certain way. So going by then head ranger's name felt wrong. Besides he doesn't feel like he has been with the other enough to address the other by his first so it would all feel off, at least to him. He does give Skyler a pouting look when she mentioned how she got him to address her by name. [break][break]

"Yeah but you're not my boss, also I'm pretty sure threats of violence against those who work under you violates a few rules," he comments matter of fact like. Though over his shoulder Salem seems to chuckling at the Lucario's expression of his trainer's antics, and even comments on how the humans were silly. Unlike Skyler Razz is a bit more stationary as he just watches the two be chummy and everything, though he does tilt his head in some confusion. [break][break]

"How is this trying to prove something?" the youngest ask as if oblivious to the fact that Lars was shirtless in an ice cave. As to him it seemed more logical since he apparently had a cold problem thanks to the ice bird they had. "Do the other avatars have this problem?"

[break][break]

+ + [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:19:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Haha, I wish that worked the same way for me,” he began in Skyler’s direction—although, there may be a way around it.

He would just have to get a little sneaky about it is all.

Turning to Razz, he sighed again.

“How many times do I have to tell you—“ he continued with another exasperated sigh in the young man’s direction, before pinching the bridge of his nose again.

Holding one out to emphasize a point, he decided to drop one of the cards.

“Is this the office? Does this look like a workspace to you?” he went on, building up momentum for the ‘attack’. Getting an idea, he decided that—he’d already made plain during the Ranger reception that titles and paperwork were fuck-all and shit, so…

“I forbid you to address me by my surname,” he tacked on in Razz’s direction. “And no, calling me Laurence isn’t allowed either,” he ended with a bit of a triumphant huff.

Now that he’d addressed that issue…

“Well, for starters—I don’t want to say anything else about the others, but… if any of you have met a certain Councilman, he’s always excreting pink fairy dust. And it’s disgusting,” he explained.

Hell, that was something he could never erase from his head.

“Another thing, I bet a certain Elite Four member could take a bath in lava and not feel a damned-ass thing in there,” he continued. Well, if the rules of thermodynamics applied…

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:49:54 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"He got you there." Eyebrows quirked up as Skyler bore witness to Lars all but commanding Razz to stop calling him by his last name. Most of the time the captain couldn't really be bothered to remember that Lars was actually Head Ranger, much less that he was Razz's boss. As someone who was used to working all by herself, the concept of workplace hierarchy sent an unpleasant shiver down her spine. Ugh... Bureaucracy.

"What d'you mean, pink fairy dust?" As Lars shared his knowledge of possible avatars within the League, Skyler's expression became increasingly sour. "Are you telling me," she started, the tone of her voice growing ominous like a distant ocean storm, "that most of the higher ups are... what, avatars?" The notion set her teeth on edge for some reason; had ever since the war. Kyogre's frenzied attack on a coastal town and the subsequent flooding still remained as a focus point in most of her nightmares. 

"... And I honestly have no idea who you're talking about. I know none of the Councilmen. I think." She'd actually met two of them, though she hadn't known they were councilmen at the time. Ignorance is bliss, as they say. "Really, pink fairy dust?" Skyler very obviously had her priorities straight.

"You don't think legendaries are trying to... what, make a grab for political power, do you?" 

The idea was utterly ridiculous, but this was Hoenn. Skyler had seen stranger things happening around these parts.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 22:52:35 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"No, but most Ranger work is outside anyways," Razz points out, he isn't intending to try and sound like a smart alack. For him he was just pointing out a simple fact. Though he does find himself baffled by the new order and the look in his eye showed just how thrown off he was about it. "Umm...." he pauses again as clearly it felt like his brain was having problems processing that order and Salem's giggling at it definately didn't help with it, "I'll.... try...?" He is probably not going to do very well though. [break][break]

For now he is going to try and figure out how to communicate another time as the topic tranfers and Lars mentions the fairy dust, "Oh you mean with his Tapu Fini right?," Razz comments, thinking back to his conversation he had with Cavali () about met avatars. Honestly it was still too many in his book. [break][break]

"I don't think they're getting political, is just that those the legends are attracted to seem to do a lot and are in high places," but it was just a guess.

[break][break]

+ + [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 23:34:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At least one of them was faster on the uptake when he’d mentioned ‘pink fairy dust’.

“Yes, him,” he nodded in Razz’s direction. “While I don’t explicitly know what the dust is capable of, knowing what legendary it’s tied with it’s bound to be potentially dangerous,” he continued with a grim sigh.

At the mention of higher-ups being tied to Legendary Pokémon, he wondered…

“…I’m not sure myself if they’re doing this intentionally,” he continued as he took another glance at the patch where his carrot was growing. “That the Legendaries are aligning themselves with people who have either a lot of clout or sway over the region as a whole…”

Admittedly, the Rangers were still—on the smaller side, at least. To be honest Lars wanted to keep it that way. As far away from politics as possible.

But it was inevitable, especially with someone in his position, to be drawn into this huge-ass mess.

“I know you’re not much of a political person, Sky,” he said her way after mulling over his thoughts. “It’s rather—alarming how most of, if not all, of the Legendaries are choosing influential people. Then again, who knows if there are those who are also… ‘touched’ but on the other side of the law.”

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 17:50:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There was a lot of speculation going on concerning legendaries, more so since the existence of avatars had come to be public knowledge. Skyler herself had always taken legends and myths with a grain of salt, the sailor being much too practical to pay them too much attention.

Things had changed somewhat when one of those so-called legends had flooded her house and about half of her hometown, not to mention the indirect attempt on her life. The memory left a bitter taste in her mouth - remnants of a spent fury that still lingered in bruised knuckles and a distrust of anything relating to legendaries.

Lars was, of course, the exception. Along with a certain blue fragment...

"I just-" Skyler wasn't the best when it came to articulating certain things, though the furrow in her brows showcased her efforts. "I don't like it that all known avatars are people in power. No matter how well-intentioned the League might be, they're..." She gesticulated wildly as she spoke, an unknown emotion underlining her words. "You know how they are, Lars. And even if the League wasn't a hot mess, when power gathers in one place... bad things happen."

The captain leaned against the wall of the cave and crossed her arms over her chest, hissing and jumping away not a second later when the cold trickled into her back even through her layers of clothing. 

She was very pointedly not glaring at 's exposed torso.

"Anyway, not my problem. As long as they don't blow Hoenn up," which was looking like a distinct possibility given what had happened over the last couple of years, "I'm good."