Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 1:48:17 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Lex finished the job with @eclis, and successfully returned to HQ with the meteorite fragments in tow. The duffle was much heavier than she expected. Honestly, she was able to swipe more than she thought she would. The League could be so careless sometimes.

Thankfully, she was “important” enough now-a-days to be able to order a grunt to carry the duffle for her. It wasn’t that it was too heavy for her, she was just tired. It was a long night. The thief had been directed to the Laboratories to deliver the fragments, “Ms. Flint,” she smiled in delight when she entered the pristine lab to see waiting for her, “I come bearing gifts,” her hand delicately motioned to the grunt with the black duffle bag, “Where should he set this down?” her amber eyes scanned the metallic surfaces. The last thing she wanted to do was fuck something up. Scientists could get touchy about their labs.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 4:13:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The scientist had been deep in work, hunched towards hologram out of habit, despite her eyesight having miraculously repaired itself at some point. Still a mystery how that had happened.

A thin finger turned the design of a generator, rendered in fully rotational 3D. She inspected its details, focused on the day’s alterations and improvements and noting anything that looked questionable on a pad of paper. If seen over her shoulder, her handwriting would be odd to say the least. Composed of a string of cubicle lettering and no spacing. It was scarcely legible to anyone but her.

She spun, having been hyper-focused and unaware of the woman’s entrance. Eyes narrowed a little at the beaming woman. Red? “No 'Techy' today, eh?” She considered a moment. Introductions were not typically her thing. “Call me Lulu.” In all honesty, the scientist didn’t like formalities unless they came from her superiors, and even then, the feeling was rather neutral.

There was no move to ask the woman for her own name. As always, Lulu assumed she would tell her, regardless. That's usually how it seemed to work, anyways.

Her eyes then fell on the duffle bag that nearly hid the grunt holding it. She snorted lightly. Having witnessed the woman’s athleticism, it was amusing to see her use someone in this way. “Are these the meteorite fragments?” She walked towards the pair, and then led them to a smaller lab nearby; more like an office, furnished with scientific objects and with four simple walls. She pointed to a desk. “Here is fine.”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 0:09:18 GMT

“Lulu it is, then,” it hadn’t actually occurred to Lex that they hadn’t really officially met until this moment. Of course, Lex knew who Lulu Flint was. The Rocket Head Scientist was well known throughout the organization. There was no reason Lulu should know who Lex was. Not only was she still new-ish, but she hadn’t really done much of note within Rocket. That was fine by her, Lex preferred flying under the radar. So an introduction was in order, “And you can call me Lex,” she said casually, preferring that to “Red”.

Lex shooed the grunt to follow Lulu into another portion of the lab. The room was more of an office than anything, “Thanks, Claude, you’re a doll,” she grinned as the grunt heaved the bag onto the desk with a loud thunk. She watched the grunt take his leave as she moved over to the bag, “Picked these up in Meteor Falls from a League excavation site,” he hand moved to unzip the top of it.

Lulu would be met the sight of nearly a dozen large meteorite fragments. Their plethora of colors caught the fluorescent light, sending sparkles across the ceiling of the office. Some were colorful like crystals while others still looked like rocks in the midst of being dissected to find the fragments within, “What do you think?” Lex didn’t know jack shit about this stuff, and she was ok with that.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 13:38:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She watched ‘Claude’ hoist the bag onto the desk and then disappear out the door. The smallest smirk on her face knew that the woman hadn’t needed the help, and got a kick out of her dominance over the grunt.

Lulu watched the presentation closely, eagerly. Rocks were more ’s territory, but being the sponge she was, and constantly looming over the shoulders of experts at her command, she had been picking new things up.

Becoming Rocket’s Head Scientist had seen her refining new skills as a chemist. She had been staying up late, studying, experimenting. Looking for the next source of power, and how to harness it. Lulu had a great understanding of chemical reactions; especially ones that made things go ’BOOM’, but the motivation was beyond mere destruction, now. The motivation was exploration. Discovery.

A rainbow glittered across her tired eyes, which strained with sleepless enthusiasm. It maybe looked a bit neurotic. “Brilliant!”

She reached out to pull a fragment from the bag and inspected its texture and hardness by scraping a fingernail across its surface curiously. “I think you made off with a damn good haul.” Not much could be said about what they had here, yet, but it was indeed shiny and interesting.

Replacing the shard, she poked her head out the door to summon one of her own assistants, calling them over to immediately begin research as she gestured the way back out of the office and into the expanse of the main area.

“How are you doing with your Gardevoir?” Upon hearing the woman’s name, it had come back to her. She had stood shoulder to shoulder with her when they had both recieved their Shadow pokemon.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 21:17:10 GMT

This might be the best part of the job. Her lips curled into a smile at Lulu’s reaction to the revealed meteorite fragments. The Head Scientist’s delight was stimulating. Lex took a great pride in her work and always found herself aroused by the results. Perhaps it was just a subconscious reaction from years of delivering her prizes to Killian himself. It seemed she may just be conditioned to associate it with more than just a lust for money.

Lex extracted one of the pieces herself, running her fingers over the crystal’s rough exterior. Like any thief, she found herself mesmerized by shiny, interesting things that promised to be lucrative. Her gaze on the fragment reflected her desires until Lulu spoke. Her eyes turned towards the woman, “Yes, I think so too,” she agreed, replacing the fragment into the bag, “And it was easier than I expected. Is The League always so careless?” Now with a hefty chunk of fragments missing and their guard and his pokemon being slaughtered like lambs they would up the security on their little excavation. The slaughtering wasn’t part of her plan, she preferred to be discreet. It was her unwanted partner that made the bloody mess.

As new assistants entered the office, Lex followed Lulu out, “We’re . . . making progress,” she admitted, Lex wasn’t one to hide the truth. The thief wasn’t too proud to confess her flaws and praise her own strengths. With ’s help it was progressing quicker than she could have hoped, “I’m still exploring its abilities and how to best incorporate them into my work,” it wasn’t the Gardevoir’s power she was after, it was the unique set of gifts it possessed, “And how are you?” she asked with mild concern in her voice. The newly appointed Avatar must have had much to learn and understand with her new powers.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 2:59:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lex’s arousal was lost on Lulu. In fact, to her, it looked more like someone gearing up to pocket something. She raised her eyebrows at her, and watched her replace it in the bag.

The scientist sighed and gave an amused snort in response to Lex’s question about The League’s carelessness, thinking of , and their most recent interactions with the bull-running and motorcycle crashing, and , who seemingly had no idea he was sleeping with the enemy (or maybe not the enemy anymore, but still). “Yes.”

Lulu gauged her response to the question about the Gardevoir, not distracted by the grunts who came to hoist the bag out. She leaned against a high table casually, body language welcoming the woman to stay and chat.

“I’ve been fine.” It was clean and short.

Her face then scrunched curiously. “Do you get along with it? The Gardevoir?” She wasn’t here to talk about herself. She redirected the conversation again. However, it would perhaps allude more easily than she meant for it to, if Lex was perceptive, that she and her Alakazam were having troubles.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 18:07:50 GMT

Apparently, Lulu didn’t want to talk about it. That was fine, Lex could take a hint and she certainly wasn’t going to push her. Perhaps with time her curiosity would be satisfied. For now, they’d dwell on the shadow pokemon. So, she just nods in response to Lulu claiming to be “fine”.

Lex indeed was perceptive, taught her how to read people. Her brow peaked curiously. It was a strange thing to ask in regards to a Shadow Pokemon. Lex had been under the impression that getting along with a Shadow Pokemon was nearly impossible. Even if they were obedient, she wouldn’t consider that “getting along”. Her shoulders shrugged lightly as she crossed her arms over her chest, turning to face Lulu, “I wouldn’t say we get along,” she didn’t consider it that, “It’s an empty shell, a wraith of sorts,” Lex had extensive experience with ghost-types but she could at least bond with hers. Not being able to bond with the Gardevoir was difficult for her to get over, “It mostly just needs direction. Otherwise it’s a restless spirit searching for a purpose,” In a way, she guess she got lucky that it wasn’t a ruthless, violent machine. That was probably a challenge Lex wasn’t ready to handle.

“How about your Alakazam?” Lex asked, “How’s it going with it?”

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 2:56:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

A soft huff of air escaped the scientist, finding the woman’s response obvious. Perhaps wrong choice of words. “Does it mind you, I mean.” She corrected.

The Alakazam was brought up and fingers tapped across the arms which were folded across her ribs. There was silence at first. She didn’t know Lex well, but the woman was now one of only a handful of people in Rocket armed with a shadow pokemon. It was smart to develop a connection. With the Gardevoir’s obedience, she would formidable.

She was hesitant to admit how out of control her new partner was. However, Lulu had never been the greatest with pokemon. Her inability to connect with others easily made her slow to develop a bond. Such a challenge had been met with mounting frustration thus far.

An exasperated sigh left her. “It’s giving me quite a bit of trouble.” Oh, she hated to admit it, but improvement began with truthfulness. “I’m at my wit’s end, really.” Her face neither smiled nor frowned. She looked back at the woman flatly, drumming again on the crook of her arm. “It’s very angry, and it likes to lift me into the air. If it weren’t for several of my pokemon and Darkrai, it’d easily kill me.”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 5:16:51 GMT

It seemed Lex had misinterpreted her question. The small tug of a frown creased the corners of her lips at Lulu’s huff. Apparently Techy wasn’t great at communicating. It wasn’t the first time Lex misunderstood what she was saying. Regardless, that wasn’t important, “Fairly well then . . . It needs a task, or else it will be . . . destructive,” fortunately, that was something she learned early.

In all reality, Lex got lucky her Shadow Pokemon was so ‘tame’ . . . if that’s what you want to call it. There was no way in hell Lex could have handled one like the Alakazam. Lex’s head slowly shook as Lulu described her interactions with the beast, “Sounds like a fucking handful,” she groaned, pursing her lips, “I would certainly be out of my league,” it was a subtle compliment of her admiration of the scientist. If anyone could handle a pokemon like that, she believed Lulu could.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 23:28:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Admitting weakness tasted bitter. She rolled her neck a little, seeking to release the stress of her newfound partnerships. She was grateful for them, of course—but clearly fading somehow in the trials that came with them.

Heavy eyes stared a moment before she shook her head. She’d gotten what she’d asked for, right?

“That’s one way to describe it.” Lulu chewed lightly on her bottom lip as eyes gaze idled across the ground, pensive. “Suppose I do feel that way, if I’m honest.” The scientist shifted on her hips.

“Shadow pokemon possess such dangerous power.” She thought back to witnessing that of all ’s on the island, weeks back—including Lugia.

“What can your Gardevoir do?”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 22:31:30 GMT

Everyone has a weakness. Most of the time it’s multiple. Lex learned the hard way that weaknesses couldn’t be ignored. As uncomfortable as it was, Lex embraced hers. It was a tactic she used to protect herself. As bitter as it may taste, she was always better off when she knew what could be used against her instead of feigning indifference. Unfortunately, lex was one with many weaknesses: Killian, conflict, battling, a pretty price on her head . . . just to name a few.

A sharp exhaled muffled a laugh that sparked a tight grin. She was Darkrai’s avatar, for Arceus’ sake, Lex didn’t believe Lulu was out of her league for a single second. Although she shouldn’t judge, Shadow Pokemon were extremely difficult, especially this Alakazam.

“Hm,” Lex smiled at the thought of her Gardevoir’s potential, “She’s interesting,” Lex began, “More of a ghost-type than anything, but still retains her psychic-type traits,” her shoulder shrugged lightly, “Barriers don’t seem to be an issue, she can INFILTRATE anything,” which was perfect in Lex’s line of work, “Her unique typing gives her a unique moveset. The most notable being Shadow Sneak,” her head shook lightly, “Never seen a Gardevoir do anything like that before,” Does she dare ask about the Alakazam or broach the topic of Lulu’s new gifts? It seemed the Head Scientist didn’t want to speak on the subject earlier.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 8:52:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Thin, black-penciled brows raised. That’s useful.” She betted. Two fingers lightly tapped the edge of the desk a couple of times. “Other shadow pokemon I’ve seen have had similar changes in their typings. It’s a very interesting phenomenon.”

Her stare idled on an assistant passing by the gaping doorway. With the gray whisper of a sigh, she divulged about the challenge she'd been blessed with. “The Alakazam’s FRUSTRATION is only made more powerful by its condition. It has boosted defenses, and a rather maddening additional ability to erect a barrier immediately upon entering battle. Throws one up other times as well; whenever it’s really in trouble.” Verdant eyes with long shadows refocused on the red thief dully. “The fact that it’s the world’s most intelligent kind of known pokemon makes its tantrums much more difficult to manage. ’Crafty’ is not quite the word.” The Alakazam had an IQ of around 5,000 and gave 0 fucks.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 20:34:16 GMT

Lex scoffed, a small smile at the corner of her lips. The Shadowfication process was something she didn’t understand, but thought about a lot lately now that she was experiencing, first hand, the results of such a process, “Yeah, probably cause they suck the life right outta them,” It was a half joke, half bitter realization she wasn’t sure she was comfortable with. Lex struggled with the idea of submitting a pokemon to such torture. She benefited from the cruelty of another, but would she have done it herself if she was given the opportunity? She didn’t know the answer to that question.

“Wow,” she sighed after Lulu finished her explanation of the Alakazam. Unfortunately, Lex wasn’t quite sure what to say. She had no advice to offer Lulu. Lex was several tiers below the Head Scientist in many ways. Anything she could offer Lulu would probably laugh at, dismissing it as common sense, “I have an Alakazam myself, smart fucker, I agree,” she shuddered at the thought of Sahir as a shadow pokemon. He was a handful as he was.

“Would you do it if you could?” Lex asked curiously, perhaps Lulu’s answer would make her accept the circumstances of her place in Rocket and need for more power that seemed to grow daily, “Shadowfy a pokemon, I mean,” If that’s what you called it.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,358 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 11:16:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Smart fucker was right. She gave a node in agreeance with pursed lips.

At Lex’s question, Lulu responded without having to think. “Sure.” It was one thing most in Rocket didn’t enjoy thinking about. One of the most controversial projects of their time. Thus, Lulu’s apparent lack of empathy might have caused some to hate her. “For the future of technology, I would do a lot of things.”

She sighed and shifted again. “Don’t take me as cruel. Progress in science is necessary. Sometimes we have to do things that aren’t easy.” A Houndoom wandered into the room from the lab, its nails clicking against the metal floor. Loyally, it went to side close to where Lulu leaned into the desk. “Why do you ask?” She wouldn’t ask whether or not Lex would. Rather, she’d let her come out and say it if she wanted. Contrary to what seemed like popular belief, Lulu was by no means a sadist. Just because she said nothing did not mean she reveled in the cruelty of her less scientific peers.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Something Shiny [s|c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 23:09:29 GMT

Of course she would. Stupid question. It wasn’t surprising that it was in the “name of science” Lulu would not hesitate to put a pokemon through the process. Unfortunately, Lex didn’t have an excuse like that. She understood and respected Lulu’s reasoning.

When Lulu prodded the why, it made Lex uncomfortable. She cursed herself for asking the question in the first place. It took her a moment to collect her thoughts, how she wanted to word her response was important. For someone who embraced weaknesses, she didn’t want Lulu to get too comfortable with her own. They weren’t on that level.

Her shoulders shrugged lightly, “I just don’t know if I would,” she admitted, “Feels . . . hypocritical having one, I guess,” after a moment she continued, “I know I need to get stronger, I’m just not sure if I’ve got the guts to do what it takes,” not only on the shadow pokemon front, but when it came to battling too. Lex still struggled with it. It was something she needed to figure out quickly. She couldn’t run from her problems forever.