snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 1:49:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]perhaps it had been forward to invite him to the bar after such a long meeting. and maybe it was even more forward to expect him to show...

yet here she is, idly stirring a drink and practicing patience. it’s bad form to be shitfaced by the time he shows, right?

except, she’s definitely had one or two before the current glass and it’s starting to show in the flush of her cheeks. whatever, it’ll be fine. it’s necessary tonight.

when the bell finally chimes, she rotates on the barstool. one leg crosses over the other, a professional skirt hiking up. she tugs down one end, leaving the hem asymmetrical and part of the thigh bare.

”it’s been a long time, remiel.” the sentence lingers halfway between coy and friendly, dangerously teetering on a line she’s going to cross anyway. ”i hope you’ve been well since we last met.”

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 10:49:18 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-rt]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

As badly as he needed another drink, Remiel had been held up for some time after the meeting's official conclusion. The revelations made therein were causing quite a stir on all echelons of the League and Rocket alike. As much as he endeavored to keep himself out of it, as not in the mood as he was, he still managed to get roped back into discussion about it.[break][break]

Never before had reaching the elevator felt so strongly like reaching a lifeline.[break][break]

The doors slid open upon reaching the ground floor with a ping. Dressed in a neatly pressed black button-up, brown trousers, and leather shoes, the black-haired royal ran a hand through his messy hair as he strode into the lounge area. There, waiting for him on one of the bar's stools, was .[break][break]

It seemed like a lifetime since they'd last seen each other. He supposed war had that sort of effect on the passage of time. Though he still found her as lovely as ever despite it. His blue eyes, indifferent and observant as ever, scan her form as he approaches. A keen observer would note the slight pause when he catches sight of her exposed thigh.[break][break]

Ever the gentleman, however, the look doesn't linger long. Instead, Remiel slides beside the bar stool beside her, silently flagging down the bartender as she speaks. "Too long, Miss Reyes. I hardly recognized you with the blonde hair, if I'm to be honest." He adds, ordering an Old Fashioned and a refill for the lady afterwards.[break][break]

When the bartender leaves, the ambassador wastes no time in redirecting his attention back to Illeana. "I can't say things have been easy, but thankfully they've at least had the decency to remain manageable." So far, anyway, he thought. He could think of at least one problem that had yet to reach its conclusion, and seemed completely out of his hands.[break][break]

"How about you?"
[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rtcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentbg"]background: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentborder"]border-color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 38px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 12px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:06:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]skin prickles beneath a gaze, mild goosebumps rising despite the comfortable temperature. and where he pauses, she smiles. something about being looked over head to toe leaves satisfaction lingering long after his attention has shifted. "too long, indeed," she echoes the sentiment as he joins her side. it's easy to swivel the bar stool back to where it was, hips shifting and legs settling back beneath the bar's counter. "should i consider that good or bad?" a soft chuckle fans out a moment later. one hand rises to run through newly blonde hair, leaving it slightly tousled in the process. it's classic drag yourself out of the hole and get your shit together behavior for her. besides, she had never been too attached to the darkness of her hair. change is good, change is healthy, right?

ah, good, another drink. ever the gentleman, this remiel. and yet, he almost feels foreign to her now, as if he's a whole new person and she has to relearn him all over again. time has eroded bits of their familiarity. she knows him as a concept now, a past self kept in memories of old times where the biggest concern they had was diving in the sea. some days, she wishes for that simplicity back. some days, she wonders if he does too.

"i'm sorry to hear that," she murmurs, meeting his eye and holding steady. another change. "hopefully things settle soon." curiosity rises at the thought of things he's faced, things he's seen. problems have a habit of following people around but the ambassador is as calm and collected as she remembers. the weight of the world leaves his shoulders unscathed.

the dreaded question rises and she pauses. consideration lingers in her mind, in the way her body shifts almost uncomfortably in her seat. does she open that file for him to read? does she keep it hidden beneath vague lies? the remaining quarter of her drink acts as a lifeline, distracting her from answering as she finishes the rest and slides the empty glass back to its home.

"things have been manageable," it almost sounds believable. her eyes look to find his again, a wry smile making its way onto her lips. "unless you've seen the headlines." the reports of what happened follow her around like a ghost. they leave a bitter taste in her mouth now, one she seeks to wash down with the burn of alcohol. and in an effort to deflect to a different topic than herself, she leans toward him, planting an elbow on the bar and resting her chin on the back of a hand. "so, what's the agenda for tonight, remiel? drinking to decompress or to forget?" aka how deep are they about to get? her legs shift in anticipation of an answer, one brushing against his leg in the process.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 9:51:24 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

His fingers reach out to pluck a napkin and a cocktail straw from behind the counter. Blondes weren't typically his preference; perhaps because they reminded him too much of his mother. But there was certainly something to be said for Illeana's alterations. Beyond the superficial, Remiel could tell she had fundamentally undergone a transformation of some sort.[break][break]

The bashful, endearing brunette he'd met no longer appeared to be present. A confident, forward bella donna had seemingly taken her place instead. He couldn't say he was all too disappointed about it, however. Metamorphosis was imperative for growth. The times had changed, and she'd adapted.[break][break]

"It's good. I like what I see," He says matter-of-factly, smoothing out the napkin in front of him as the red cocktail straw remains tucked between two of his fingers. "Though I'm certain I'm not the first to tell you so."[break][break]

Sympathetic and sincere, the ambassador returns Illeana's sentiments with an appreciative nod. Her sincerity shines a little less bright, however, when she responds to his own inquiry. Refraining from any mention of it, the prince's eyes meet with her own again shortly afterwards, witness to a curious smile on her soft lips.[break][break]

He'd kept himself informed on far more than she knew, of course. Though he had no need to bring up any of that in the moment. The only thing that he couldn't garner from a headline or a report, after all, was how she was really coping with it all. And Remiel had already discerned the first of her escapes, namely because he shared it with her.[break][break]

When she leans in, the royal doesn't flinch or back away. His eyes, sharp and analyzing, stay focused on her own. Until the bartender returns, upon which they briefly part. "I'll let you know after the third round." He finally answers, a hint of a smile at the corner of his lips before he reaches to receive his ordered drink.[break][break]

After setting it on the counter in front of him, the prince plunges his cocktail straw into the amber concoction, stirring it around slowly with a single hand. The orange peel and cherry that garnish it swirl around with each stroke. He gets the lost in the rhythmic motion for a moment... then he feels her leg softly brush his own.[break][break]

It is in that instant that he's inclined to pause, raising an amused brow at the beauty sitting beside him. There was more to that question than she'd actually said... wasn't there? He supposed he'd find out. In fact, something buried inside him yearned to.[break][break]

Removing the thin red straw from his glass, the prince gently taps it dry against its rim as he continues. "Tonight seems as good a night as any to catch up on lost time, Illeana," He remarks. "Especially after that tiresome meeting."[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 38px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 12px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 2:28:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]change has always been inevitable. in a world where things unfold in the blink of an eye, you either adapt or die. so far, she's still kicking so the only option left is change. sure, it didn't have to be so drastic but can you blame her? it had been a miracle for her to survive as long as she did with how utterly naive she had been. innocence can be good, yes, but at what point does a lamb wake up and realize it's heading for the slaughter? that naivety, that innocence has been carefully filed away in a box of old personality traits left to collect dust in the corners of a clever mind. replaced with confidence, with a new hunger for the things she had held herself back from.

illeana reyes had always wanted to be more and now, she'll be everything she had ever imagined.

"oh, do you now?" it's teasing, paired with an easy smirk. enough to border flirtatious, enough to test boundaries she doesn't care for. how deep are the lines drawn in sand? winds threaten to erode away at them until there's nothing but loose sand. "actually, you are. you should be honored." laughter escapes moments later, half doused in alcohol and mostly covered in amusement. is it herself or is it the concept that he'd ever be honored over something concerning her? she can't tell.

there's a moment where she can settle into silence. comfortably, even while holding his gaze. no judgement, no prying. she's grateful, even if she doesn't breathe it into the air around them. there's no pressure to spill her guts to him. not yet, anyway. ask again after three more drinks and she'll be an open book for him to thumb through.

he meets her lean with ease, not shying away and not shifting back. it brings a quirk to her lips, almost bordering on devilish yet ambiguous enough to be dangerous. the bartender arrives with their drinks and attention shifts to the welcome sight of more alcohol. "gonna make me wait that long?" another tease, even as a hand already reaches for her drink.

where he stirs, watching the mixed concoction swirl about its container, she is not as patient. the drink is easily thrown back and the clinking of glass comes with a satisfying burn in the back of the throat. her eyes return to his in time to see the raise of a brow, amusement leaking into the movement. she meets amusement with a challenge. head tilting slightly to one side, lips spreading into something downright saucy. definitely more to the question, thinly veiled between the lines. she doesn't bother to clarify.

she'll watch the movement with his straw for a moment before raising a hand to signal another. it'll take a few moments for another glass to return. "that's a lot to get caught up on, remiel." a pause, a consideration. and then, another challenge. "are you sure you're ready for this after that train wreck of a meeting?" is there something to be alluded to? yes, absolutely. is it the drinking or something else? he'll find out just as much as she will. almost like an afterthought, she laughs and adds, "although, you did agree to meet me in the first place. did you know what you were getting into?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 8:15:44 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

Not even a moment spared for a proper toast.[break][break]

Honestly, he was grateful for it. Straight to the point. None of those tiresome niceties that had been ingrained in him since he was a child. Furthermore, he was equally as charmed as he was impressed by Illeana's ability to drink. Not one to let her drink alone, he set his straw down upon his napkin and raised his own glass to his lips for a calm sip.[break][break]

The rich, smooth, silky taste burns sweetly on his tongue for a moment before he swallows. Propping his elbow on the counter, his hand lowers the glass from his mouth and gently rotates the amber liquid therein as he responds. "I'm feeling better every second," He says, cobalt-coloured eyes narrowing sweetly on her expression. "Or perhaps you plan on putting me through some sort of test to prove it?"[break][break]

He chuckles and sets down his glass again afterwards, plucking the thin red cocktail straw back up as he continues. "I can save face and claim I knew exactly what I was getting into... but I won't. Quite frankly, I had no idea, given our discommunication." He spears the cherry within his drink with his straw, carefully pulling it out, then allowing it to drip its droplets of bright red into his cocktail until its spent.[break][break]

A roguish gaze, rare on the typically stone-faced prince, shifts back onto the beauty sitting beside him. She was cute to think she wasn't playing with fire herself. And if she thought he was in any rush to match her on drinks, she was mistaken. He'd happily make her wait. "There's a fine line between catching up and me having to carry you off that stool, however," He leisurely points the red straw at her, cherry and all, with a smile. "It's crossed with another drink or two, in your case."[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 20:50:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]”now is that due to the drink or the company?” she asks as if she already knows the answer and simply needs him to reaffirm it. perhaps that’s why her lips spread and pull into a smile, feigned innocence struggling to stay in place. ”would you prefer me to test you?” head tilting, keeping up appearances as if she doesn’t quite grasp what he’s alluding to.

she didn’t expect him to save face. quite the opposite, actually. the answer confirms an inkling and naturally, she runs with it. her eyes drop to watch him skewer a cherry, tongue darting out for a moment to run across dry lips and then retreat away. too much trouble to ask for the cherry before he bleeds it dry, right? maybe her next drink will come with her own. ”interesting,” she murmurs quietly, head slightly tilted to one side as if her mind is juggling a few remarks with no inclination as to which one she’ll usher out next. she flashes a daring smile, then, with the notion that she decided. ”i have to admit, remiel, i’m awfully curious. since you didn’t know what you were getting into, did that curiosity drive you to say yes to meeting me?” a pause, a chance to deliberate before continuing. she’ll press on with an amused grin, even going so far as to slightly press back into his orbit. ”or was it something else?”

fire meets fire, a challenge rising between two parties willing to test the chances. a game she’s certain she’ll lose but at least she’s putting up a fight. the bartender finally returns with a drink in between their conversation and for a moment, she ignores the presence in favor of fixing remy with a charming smile. ”maybe that’s what i wanted all along,” she chimes, letting out an amused bout of laughter. it dies out within a moment, attention shifting when he points the straw in her direction. would he mind if she just casually stole the cherry? maybe. she decides against worrying about that, however. merely licking her lips and letting her eyes wander back to his before she swipes the fruit away with a quick motion. she’ll wave it at him before popping it in her mouth and grinning. ”don’t worry, it’ll take at least three or four more before your carrying services will be needed.”

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 12:30:03 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

Her feign of innocence doesn't fool him at all. She wears it different these days. A subtle narrowing of his eyes, and the hint of a smirk, are the only cues she receives towards the royal's unspoken response. He might enjoy setting things straight, if only for his own satisfaction.[break][break]

When she raises some speculation over his true intentions coming to this rendezvous, Remiel takes the moment she's given him to deliberate, briefly shifting his gaze away towards the bar TV behind the counter. She leans closer before he can continue, however, and he smiles at that before humming in thought.[break][break]

"Both, if you must know." He coyly responds, tapping the counter with a strum of his fingers. "I saw you in that meeting. Before I even realized it was you, I saw a woman who needed a drink... and some good company."[break][break]

He watches her, patiently and carefully, as she absorbs this information. There's a shift in her seat, and this prompts him to scan her body from head-to-toe once more. Only this time without hurry; a calm and unabashed observation of every physical cue, every curve, every bit of exposed skin, and, of course, the way her facade seems to melt little by little every time he meets her eyes with his.[break][break]

How naturally she's become a treasure he wishes to uncover and unlock tonight. But he's far too self-aware to think she isn't having a similar effect on him as well. Beneath his often indifferent exterior lies a man even he doesn't recognize anymore. A man with wants and needs developed in the heat of a lost romance, then buried under the passage of time and neglect.[break][break]

In truth, he's keenly aware of her own tragedy. But it plays a much bigger part in the initiation of this meeting than he cares to admit at this point. A part of him debated the morality of proceeding without talking about it first. About how he'd been there when it'd happened... how sorry he was that he couldn't have prevented it. Then again, he had to guess she was tired about talking about it.[break][break]

More than likely, she had wrestled these demons countless times already since Alexander's death. The same way he had wrestled his own over Isra's disappearance: for far too long; far too overdone. There was a point where the grieving lead to frustration. That frustration twisted itself inwardly like a rusted knife. It became self-hate; disgust. It made him hate himself.[break][break]

How pitiful to be stuck in a vicious cycle of trying to move on, after all, flinching away from the pain, then ignoring it before it inevitably rose up again. All he cared to do was smother this feeling; break free from its icy grip. Process it, or forget about it altogether.[break][break]

So far... Illeana's proving to be the ultimate distraction. Though he predicts she'll graduate to something much more potent than a simple 'distraction' tonight. Seeing her take his cherry almost makes him want to lean in and take it back. Instead, he chimes with a chuckle, reaches for his glass, and finishes the rest of his drink with a smooth sip before setting it back down.[break][break]

"I'm nothing if not a gentleman, Illeana," He responds, sliding his empty glass across the counter for the bartender to eventually take. His gaze flicks back to those full, now cherry-coloured, lips of hers. Then, shortly afterwards, her mischievous eyes. "But that can't be the only reason you asked me here this evening."[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 19:24:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the ghost of a smirk, the narrowing of eyes, all confirmations she greedily swallows up in the pursuit for a response. should she expect him to spell it out for her? no, that wouldn’t be half as satisfying or fun. besides, there’s something thrilling about the opportunity to press buttons and see what exactly makes him tick.

deliberation allows her to order a new drink, attention ebbing and flowing back into place with the rise and fall of a hand. it gives him time to glance away, time escaping him in the form of forward advances on her own part. the smile he flashes keeps her going, keeps her pressing for the right spot to make it dangerous. ”good answer,” she winks, letting a soft giggle escape.

”paying attention to me instead of the meeting?” she clucks her tongue and shakes her head in mock disapproval, given away by the amused upward twist of her lips. ”well, here you are, providing very good company i definitely was in need of.” she stresses the need on purpose, sprinkling a bit of desire and heat into the word like a chef seasoning a meal. hunger keeps her attentive, keeps her nerves on high alert with that tingling anticipation.

goosebumps rise beneath the weight of his eyes. he’s unashamed, slow and languid in the way his gaze roams her body. it sends a shiver down her spine the longer it goes on, as if every inch of her body is heating up with electricity. and as if to make the playing board even, as if to subject him to the same pleasing torment, she shifts on purpose. head tilting mildly to one side, blonde hair falling over a shoulder to reveal bare skin. legs uncrossing only to recross, skirt rising with movement and never tugged down. she’ll watch him for a reaction of his own, lips spreading into a sultry smile in the process.

distractions are welcome, needed, embraced with greedy arms. she has long since been stewing in emotions she dreads. grief, pain, heartbreak, rage, disgust. it all melds together in one pot to produce a living nightmare and it’s one she’s forced to endure daily. the scars of what happened aren’t as noticeable as the ones littering her body. they lay hidden beneath the surface, laced into layers of the brain and peppered throughout daily happenings. a familiar smell, a song, a single sentence, a head of green hair. she’s long since grown accustomed to being haunted by the loss. unfortunately, it’s not just the loss of love that plagues her either.

the severing of an avatar bond follows her like a grim ghost. a reminder of failure clings to her skin like the familiar pink scales she used to wield. it’s funny, she misses the comforting presence of tapu lele more than anything. alexander’s death has healed in bits and pieces but the abandonment of her avatarship stings more than she’d like to admit. it’s easier to accept alex had been out of her control, somehow more comforting than painful. she had done everything she could with tapu lele during the war, however, and it still wasn’t enough.

another drink comes and her thoughts keep her drinking, keep her swallowing down liquor like it’s the only thing that can drown her thoughts anymore. the unfortunate part about demons is they always know how to goddamn swim. like they have stupid pool noodles or something, keeping them from dying out.

thankfully, remiel is the perfect example of a welcome distraction. much like the drinks she keeps knocking back, she’ll use him as a crutch to keep herself from crumbling. finding comfort in his presence is easy but she’s coming to realize there’s a theory settling in. something more will come from a simple distraction and while she’s not a gambling woman, she’d put most if not all of her money on that theory coming to fruition.

his chuckle makes her grin a little wider. cherry stained lips spreading with victory, dipped in flirtation and left to shine. ”you’ve always been a gentleman. it’s charming, really,” comes as half a purr, just enough to drive her point further. she might be a little drunk by now but definitely not enough to miss the way his eyes travel. amusement rises as her bait is recognized but not taken. ”it isn’t.” short, sweet, promising something more. she’ll up the anty with a wink and a signal for another round for each. ”you’ll find out each reason later.”

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 23:02:12 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

Their drinks arrive together. The bartender, discreet and polite, says nothing in the moment of silence he's breached. Currently, they're the only patrons there. So he busies himself at the other end of the bar as they continue their tête-à-tête. Though the air of their flirtation is hard to miss, even from such a distance.[break][break]

Unapologetic, and borderline haughty after his drink, the royal smirks to himself briefly before being drawn back by the siren's call of her sultry voice. His examination works as intended, and his eyes gleam with excitement at the sight of trembling flesh. It's almost predatory. Illeana Reyes, once such a virtuous and darling paragon of good... now the target of his desire, twisted by a deep longing.[break][break]

Her efforts to return the favor garner an unintended blush on his cheeks, though it is easy enough to blame the liquor for that. He most certainly likes what he sees, however. That much is clear in the way his infatuated gaze lingers in certain places; the way he distractedly bounces a single knee. There's an electric feel between them. If he didn't know any better, he might have assumed he'd inadvertently activated his powers.[break][break]

Grasping his new glass, Remiel raises it to his lips concurrently with her. She's quick to finish her drink. But, again, the prince cannot be bothered to match. The slow burn of his cocktail is almost as sweet as the slow burn he's practicing now. Something between self-punishment and constraint. A primal anticipation towards the breaking of his chains, and the consequences therein-- for both of them.[break][break]

Setting his libation, now half-empty, back down onto the countertop, the royal's handsome smile returns. "You're quite the charmer yourself, you know," He smoothly remarks, gently stirring the new cherry in his glass. "I always imagined what it would have been like to have met you under different circumstances, at a different time... if I'm to harbor a guess, I suppose your reasons for inviting me here cover a lot of that, don't they?"[break][break]

The playful gleam in his eye afterwards is followed by another sip of his drink. This time, however, he finishes it. The cherry and the orange peel remain abandoned inside as he slides it forward across the counter. "You've grown quite bold, Illeana. But I hope you know I'm not always a gentleman. And certainly not as gentle as I may seem." That keen cobalt-eyed gaze shifts back to her; a warning.[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 2:46:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the bartender is privy to their dance. it's hard not to be, really. the air around them might be light and playful but there's a musky undertone to it, lust simmering just beneath the surface. he cleans glasses to not disturb them, to stay pure and innocent on the other side of the bar. he'll start her next drink in a few moments, allowing enough time for them to continue.

satisfaction shifts between them. first him, with bordering predatory eyes drinking in a tremble and then her, with the widening spread of lips into something devilish. the flush of his cheeks, the way one leg bounces, the lingering gaze on her skin. she's torn between amusement and pure hunger, existing in both in the end. electricity sizzles between them, attraction gathering like a bundle of energy with no where to go. no outlet, no path besides higher and higher until it reaches a breaking point.

at the moment, she's not certain who will up the ante first.

while he works through the first half of his drink, she lowers a hand to strum fingers against the skin of her thigh. excitement, perhaps, or anxiety. it's difficult to tell the exact cause. maybe even the need to move, to release some of the pent up energy burning through her nerves. she doesn't get a moment to guess, however, as her attention shifts and the thrumming of fingers becomes white noise.

"charmer? me?" another show of feigned innocence, half believable at best. if he had murmured that exact sentence to her before, she would have absolutely denied it. now? there's no denying it. only the beginning of a cheshire cat smile bleeding into her expression. her eyes dart to the swirling cherry and involuntarily, she's swiping her tongue across her lips again before finally raising her gaze back to meet his. "you've always imagined that, hm?" he makes it too easy and she's happy to take the bait. illeana shifts into his personal bubble, purposely closing more distance. her voice drops to a whisper and she stops at his ear. "what, have you been having dreams about me, remiel?"

she'll relinquish the close proximity, then, and shift back into her seat. his move, even if she continues to answer his question. by now, the bartender has returned with another drink for her and whisked back away to the end of the bar. she leaves the full drink to sit, her attention occupied. "if they do, would they match yours?" curiosity, lost time, thoughts of what could have been and what could be again all bundled into one simple invitation to the bar. he's mostly hit the nail on the head but what fun would it be if she just told him? maybe instead, she'll show him.

after all, she can put on quite the show.

her fingers still on the skin of her thigh for a moment before her hand is rising and easily snatching his abandoned cherry from the empty glass. she pops it into her mouth and pulls the stem out. funny story, she has only just recently learned how to tie that little stem. it's discarded in his empty glass and her new drink is finally plucked from the counter. "well, evolution is my specialty. it's only natural to evolve myself. lambs become lions and all that, right?" a pause, a sip for once. it tastes better in smaller quantities but she's not drinking for taste tonight. a warning or a promise, she can't tell. it's lost on her and she'll take another sip to wash it down, returning the glass half full to the counter. it's safe to say she's tired of gentle. it no longer suits her. "you act as though i'm gentle myself," never again. "you could do your worst if you'd like to test that theory." she meets his eyes head on, head slightly tilting. a challenge, an invitation, left for him to decide.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 7:08:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

Dreams were far too random and inconsistent for what he had in mind. They paled in comparison to the carefully crafted scenarios and happenings that only existed in fantasy... for now. That was the certainly better word for it-- though one that he was glad Illeana hadn't employed. It saved him what little sense of embarassment he harbored.[break][break]

A wry smile after she whispers in his ear, watching, quite amused, as she pulls back afterward. "I suppose we'll find out, won't we?" He answers in turn, the scent of her perfume enticing in the air. He's quite impressed with the artisty that follows afterward. And, though he remains silent, his expression denotes his hungry fascination.[break][break]

The black-haired royal almost brings himself to reach for the neatly tied stem in the cup, but it is taken away and replaced with his third drink, which he graciously accepts. Producing a bank note from his inner jacket pocket, and sliding it across the counter, Remiel sends their bartender away. He's given the man more than enough to cover the cost of their drinks, including a happy little bonus.[break][break]

The bartender thanks him, graciously, even going as far to step back and bow, but the gesture goes mostly ignored afterwards. Perhaps it is the alcohol, or perhaps Illeana has her hooks clawed into him far deeper than he thought. His attention stays focused on her like a lion watching a flightless bird play. Funny she should bring that up soon afterwards.[break][break]

"Hmm.. is that what you've become?" He hums in thought, almost as if wondering what use he has for a lionness as he reaches for his last glass of the night. "That can't have been an easy transformation. It's a game-changer, really." He raises his glass to hers— clink. His desire to toast was still nonexistent, of course. But there was reason to celebrate now, wasn't there? Even if he only said as much with a devilish grin.[break][break]

Finishing the entire Old Fashioned with one smooth sip, the prince places it back upon the counter beside her own, before running a hand through the black bangs that cover his forehead. He laughs, seamlessly sliding off his stool before taking a step closer. His fingers find the soft tip of her chin and tilts it upward, giving her sultry gaze no other option than to look straight into his deep hues of cobalt.[break][break]

"Mm, I'll gladly test it... but you're going to have do your best if you want my worst... little lamb." He whispers, tenderly tracing the outline of her pretty little face with his finger. He can smell the sweetness on her lips, the liquer on her breath. Inhibitions gone, and hunger at its peak, he's keen to devour her right there and then. But he stops instead, his lips only inches away from her own before he pulls away with an easy smirk.[break][break]

"The view from my room's balcony is lovely this time of night, you know," The royal adds, shifting his gaze downward as his fingers softly tip-toe across the landscape that is her thigh. "The hotel assured me it was the best view of Evergrande you could pay for." His fingers collapse, giving way to a wave of warmth and gentle pressure from his wide palm as it takes its sweet time moving across her flesh.[break][break]

"Care to see it?"
[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 19:34:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i intend to," she doesn't leave room for him to question, argue, dismiss. there's no doubt in her mind that he would, anyway, but she's not chancing it. not now, not when stars and planets align at just the right space in time. two paths drawn back together for a night, for something she had believed gone. interesting, if she really stopped to think about it. she doesn't, however.

instead, her head becomes empty, no thoughts, at the sight of his expression.

where he is hungry, she is smug. proud of her work, as if his response alone is enough to fuel her ego for the night. it isn't but he knows that it'll take more to satisfy her. another round comes and surprisingly, she waits this time around. watching, settling into the role of predator observing prey. he plucks the glass up and she stares, eyes dropping to a hand around a glass. oof. it's bad to want to be a glass right? just checking...

the bartender leaves once being paid, a bow going mostly unnoticed. her eyes are drawn to the movement like a cat but quickly snapped back into place. her skin tingles beneath electric eye contact. it leaves her tilting her head, an invitation unspoken and laid in the crook of a neck. her lips spread into a smirk, tongue darting out to slowly swipe across cherry stained lips.

"is that surprising?" an amused chuckle follows, as if the thought of her devolving is a joke. there's only one way to go and it's up. up past that which has held her back, up past expectations and made-up concepts of her old self, up to his room even. prey becomes predator and that's when the real fun begins. "it's easy when that's the only option you have," a glass is plucked from the counter. liquid swirls at the movement, splashing slightly. "though, i'm awfully curious how i could be a game-changer." then again, how couldn't she be?

she's coming for every single thing that has been taken from her, whether the world is ready or not. the thought lingers as they toast, as she fixes him with an expression that's fit for a conqueror, fit for a queen. neither drink lasts long and, seemingly, neither does the conversation.

her mouth opens to respond and all of the words die out in her throat. he laughs, he moves, and he touches her. sure, it's pg, fingers running beneath her chin to tilt her head up. and yet, her entire body feels like it's lit on fire. every nerve, every atom responding to the close proximity, to the feeling of his hand on her skin. it leaves a shiver running down the spine, goosebumps rising instantly. she bites back a whine, if only to save face.

"what, are you gonna punish me if i don't?" despite her body's craving for more, she still presents a challenge both in words and in the carnal expression she wears. it's easily wiped away, however, with the tracing of her face, with how tender his touch is. any hint of being difficult dies out to be replaced by need. god, it's gross how easily she becomes putty in the hands of men. and yet, she'll willingly place herself there each and every time.

okay, he's teasing her. unfortunately -- actually, fortunately -- for him, she bites back.

"that's forward of you, remiel," comes purring out and she's pairing it with the beginning of legs uncrossing in response to his fingers finding their home on her thigh. just where they belong, she comes to understand when his hand flattens against her skin. "it's kinda cute you think we'll be paying attention to the view." he knows as well as she that the view is absolutely not out of the windows. no, it's in the bed.

she abandons empty glasses and the comfort of a bar stool to stand, to seek his hand with her own. she'll lead, expecting him to follow. so much so that she doesn't bother to give an answer or wait for him to move. she begins the saunter to the elevators, skirt slightly rising with each swivel of hips.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 12:04:12 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]

A half-suppressed chuckle. A gleam in his eye that hints to titillating thoughts. That's all Remiel can spare in response to any thoughts of 'punishment'. In his current state, he was far from being in any position to select anyone for punishment, really. Though he couldn't say he'd refuse her if she simply came asking for it— in both meanings of the phrase.[break][break]

The fair-skinned blonde makes him smirk again as he looks up into her eyes. She's right, after all. The view is just an excuse, and one at the end of a long chain of excuses before it. But Illeana is drawn to it regardless, stepping into it perhaps as willingly as she steps into thoughts of being creatively reprimanded. "It's cute you think I meant that." He murmurs, the digits of his fingers sinking into her flesh.[break][break]

Soon afterwards, she takes his hand and hops off her seat. Seamlessly, he follows suit. There's a stumble in their step as they depart. Remiel briefly wonders if they had their drinks to blame for that, or if the two were simply more hasty than either cared to admit. Regardless, he laces his fingers with her own and grips her firmly, taking the lead himself as they exit the lounge.[break][break]

The way she moves, the clothes she wears... he strokes a thumb across his lower lip as he witnesses it. Illeana Reyes was a completely different person. A chest of curiosities and pleasures he cared to explore in full. Calling the elevator with the press of a button, he keeps her close beside him, shifting his gaze in her direction as they wait for their lift. His eyes are scorching gray, captivating.[break][break]

Remiel had never known what drowning felt like. After a black parade of mourning dashed hopes and dreams, and anguish in a personal hell of unknowns, however, he was beginning to feel like he knew. Perhaps, in the cloud of sweet torment that thundered between them, he could twist that feeling into something more... divine, he thought. He wanted her to experience it.[break][break]

Control. Power. A simple venting of frustrations, and a woman who seemed all too happy to receive them. It would be an insult to their intelligence to assume this was anything more than the two of them reaching out, desperately, for a proverbial lifebuoy; a night's respite from the scars of war and lost love. But he found himself reveling in it nonetheless, despite it being very ungallant of him.[break][break]

What little of the old Illeana she had left would crumble beneath his twisted desire. He'd see to it, and leave her smug reminders of his handiwork across that body. If he couldn't go back, if he couldn't stay the same, unburdened by soured expectations and loss, then she wouldn't either. She would remain forever changed. With the knowledge that, for some time, she had belonged to him in the most primal of ways.[break][break]

5... 4... 3...[break][break]

The lift continues to steadily descend. The royal looks up at the glowing number markers as he speaks. Anticipation brims beneath the veil of silence while they have it. "... I need you to tell me you're moving forward with this of your volition, and that it's not just the alcohol," He suddenly states rather matter-of-factly. "I want you conscious of every decision. I want you receptive to my responses."[break][break]

2... 1.[break][break]

His intense eyes flick back to her as the elevator dings.[break][break]

"So tell me."
[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hush hush [s]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 2:18:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]laughter escapes easily, as if it's the only welcome response in the face of his statement. a tinkering sort of chime, halfway soft and mostly like it'd belong to a fae. it ends as quickly as it comes, however, as fingers and nails dig into flesh and anything beside a gasp becomes impossible.

cute is not something she'd classify this as. not in the slightest. no, it's a carnal sort of happening. the kind you can't stop once it starts, as if nature takes over and nothing else matters.

his grip is warm, bordering on smothering but not enough for her to pull away. instead, she'll hold a little tighter, stumble a bit further. the drinks are catching up, sure, but his touch is electric and it's difficult to concentrate on much else. step, step, stumble, squeeze, repeat.

she doesn't understand the effect she has on him. not yet, not until they get past the elevator. it'll dawn on her eventually, a rising sun of understanding washing over her with nothing but warmth. until then, she simply holds his hand, smirking when he runs his thumb across a lower lip. she'll replace his thumb eventually.

with the elevator called, the waiting game begins. it's easy to lean into him, to support her weight against his side. even easier to sigh, to allow tension to reach a high they'd been expecting. the peak comes when the elevator does. the countdown merely holds it at bay, a dam trying and slowly failing to hold back rushing water. there's cracks, water bleeding through in the form of her fingers stroking his, thumb tracing idle patterns into skin. her legs shift, whether in anticipation or anxiety she isn't sure. the movement lifts fabric and she tries to hide the skin by pressing further into his side.

5. 4. 3.

her heartbeat begins to increase the longer they wait. losing herself in him is easy, she finds. distractions in liquor and flesh, enough to hold her head above water. they're simply two people finding each other again, following constellations in the dark like their lives depend on it. follow the stars and the path will open up. who knew it would lead them here?

"hm," she hums softly. it's not an answer, not yet. that comes next, with a glance in his direction before her eyes retreat to watch the descending numbers. "i'd do this stone cold sober too, remiel." she'll match his tone, revealing her cards in the same sure way. she's certain this is what she wants to do, this is exactly who she wants with her. alcohol or no alcohol, the choice would be the same.

the telltale ding of the elevator draws her in and his eyes keep her there. for a moment, anyway. and then, there's a dangerous smile blooming on cherry stained lips and she's stepping over the line.

"better yet," she starts, turning and backing into the elevator. her hand tugs on his and she's lowering her voice, now, purring into the empty space between them. "i'll show you."

there's a stop button on this elevator, right?