1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Test Ops: Zac Ramsay [Zac/Closed]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 4:25:41 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Everything was happening at once. Voices from the North, and the sound of an engine from the West. I can barely take one Pokemon, let alone two guards! Zac thought, and he and Incineroar ran back Westward. 
    Meanwhile, their X-Speed fueled dash had left Vigo behind, but the Bug was now in the perfect position. The sound of the engine was coming closer, and Vigo with a clear line of sight of its path. "Electroweb! Slow down whatever's coming!" Zac hissed.
    The bug scuttled forward as far as it could and shot a sticky, sparking stream of web along the ground. Hopefully it would be strong enough to hold wheels, or at least to gum them up and give Zac a chance to intercept. 

sHw5M_ph

Zac and Incineroar Move 1 West
Vigo moved 1 West and used Electro Web to try and stop the approaching vehicle

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 3:28:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

ROUND 8

The sound of rubber grinding against asphalt fills the air momentarily as the driver attempts to swivel out of the webbing's way the moment he notes it- but it is too late.

The car's wheels become trapped in the webbing, its undercarriage getting gunked up with the sticky, thick and viscous substance. The sounds of the engine roaring to life as the driver tried to step on it filled the air soon after- as well as the sound of the passenger's seat door flying wide open.

A shadowy figure leaps over the reach of the webbings before landing in a roll some ways away. As the tall man stands back to his full height, it becomes rather clear he's important in the base. How?

He has Boss-man written on his name tag.

OPERATION NINJASK

Map of the Installations.

STATUS REPORT

-Car successfully stopped.
-Terrorist Leader sighted!

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS

There’s elements of Choose-your-own-story and an economy of actions.

Missions are timed. There’s a limited number of rounds for the player to achieve the mission.

Player’s have an economy of Two (2) Actions per round. Their choices are:

• Move [1 adjacent square, provided no insurmountable obstacles; All movement is stealthy]
  • Action (Act)
  • Shoot [2 bullets TOTAL, target can be up to 4 squares away, provided no cover/obstacles]

The player may choose to not Act and Move Twice instead. Alternatively, they may forego to Move at all and Act twice. Some actions may necessarily require both.

ACTION & CHOICE

ACTION
Every round, the player is free to decide what they'll do and how they'll handle their current circumstances, keeping in mind their economy of two (2) actions.

An action must be performed by either the trainer or one of their pokemon. Whoever it is that performs it will be subject to the consequences of failure.

The DM will look upon the actions taken, judge their level of risk and reward on a [Low (15) | Mid (45) | High (75)] scale for each, and then determine if the result of their roll was enough.

An action will succeed regardless of whether the roll fails or not. However, when a roll fails, the cost is the pokemon performing them. Sometimes, however...

CHOICE
Sometimes, players will be given 2 to 3 choices to make based on their previous action. These choices are context dependent, and generally offer both something to gain and lose. Choices don't cost action economy.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 2:36:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

There he was: Boss-man.
Vigo's webs had trapped his car, and now it was time to take out the target. Zac gripped the gun. He was still holding it after taking out the grunt, and there was one bullet left.
    "Keep him still Vigo!" Zac called, and the Galvantula shot a crackling Thunder Wave at the Boss-man.

FoSd7fHq

That's the best chance I'm gonna get, Zac thought. He could head the voices approaching from the North. At least two guards were closing in. Time's almost up. 

"Hold still," Zac said, and he fired at the head honcho. 

Vigo shot Thunder Wave at the Boss-man
Zac shot Bullet at the Boss-man

·
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 1:50:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

ROUND 9

Corporal Sanchez yelped as he was hit with a thunder wave, his entire body going rigid as the thunder wave hit him. Today was just not his day.

Paralyzed as he was, the man made for an easy target. Thankfully enough; had he possessed any mobility whatsoever, your shooting would have missed him completely.

Capped in the head with a red paintball, the man slowly tipped over before face planting on the floor, thankful for the padded face mask he was wearing now.

"Mission Accomplished." Doug's voice suddenly came from the sirens, blaring all over the training facility. "Congratulations, Mr. Ramsay. Make your way back to the tent for debriefing."

Pause.

"Ah, And please wait but a moment, Corporal Sanchez. Help is on the way." The youth said simply. A couple of minutes later, a Ribombee fluttered towards the incapacitated soldier, hovering over him before beginning to fly around him slowly, pollen falling towards him.

As the aromatherapy came to an end, the groggy soldier pushed himself up to his knees while groaning, no longer paralyzed.

Inside the tent, staring at many the live footage of several cameras, Doug reclined against his seat and sighed in relief, setting down the notepad and pen he held in hand, the sheet filled out with several questions.

"Alright." He muttered to himself, reaching up to yank his hat off, combing his hand over his locks of hair. "Now for the conclusion."

THE DEBRIEF

Where judgement is judged.

The Captain stands where you first saw him when you first met, as if he had never moved at all. As soon as you are fully inside, he slides a docket across the table towards you.

"It is now time for your debrief, Mr. Ramsay." He said. The contents of the docket were simple: A single sheet of paper, with a list of questions. "You do not need to write down your answers; simply speak."

The youth cleared his throat, before folding his arms behind his back once more.

The youth then leaned forward, his gaze on Zac's.

"Why did you choose to attack the Guard and Growlithe duo you first ran across, despite not having been discovered?"

OPERATION NINJASK

Map of the Installations.

STATUS REPORT

-Terrorist Leader has been eliminated.
-Proceed to Debriefing. Answer the questions honestly.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 2:05:39 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Success! Boss-man was down, and now it was time to answer for his decisions, good and bad.

"Why did you choose to attack the Guard and Growlithe duo you first ran across, despite not having been discovered?"

"When you're in the wild, you have to deal with problems as they come. The guard was approaching, and I had the opportunity to get the drop on him. Unfortunately, nature is a cruel mistress and that wind turned at the last second." Zac shrugged, "you can't win 'em all. I stand by my decision."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 19:43:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

THE DEBRIEF

WHERE JUDGEMENT IS JUDGED.

If Doug had any opinion on the matter, he did not show it on his countenance, remaining stone faced as he nodded at Zac's words.

"On the warehouse in the woods, you successfully determined the Enemy leader was not inside." He observed as he dragged his finger over the map spread over the table, tapping at a spot, before turning his gaze to Zac's. "Why did you choose to attack the guards present? Why did you send one of your soldiers alone?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 1:39:43 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

That one was a bit harder. Why had he done that? Zac thought for a minute, pulling at his beard. 
    "I saw behind from the bungled ambush, and saw the chance for an easy win. I'm lucky it went off as well as it did, but I think taking them out was a risk worth taking. Advancing West with a group of four guards at my back would have been asking for trouble. It's easy enough to justify a success in retrospect, but I think it put me in a good spot." 
    The next question was even harder, and Zac frowned. "Are you talking about Vigo or Mei?" he asked, giving a half-smile. "It's important to understand your Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. Vigo was the only one who could get into position quietly and deploy that trap. If you're asking why I didn't send Incineroar up into the rafters I think the answer is obvious. Besides, me and Erin were waiting at the door."
    "As for Mei...well. Again, specific set of skills. She is a master of stealth, and that's why I brought her along. Having a member of the group that can turn invisible isn't much use if you all stay grouped up. Though, I sent her into a risky spot without much prep. If I could change something it would be better preparing her for escape. Maybe giving her a Pokedoll or the X-Speed? I left her in the lurch and that's on me."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 16:55:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

THE DEBRIEF

WHERE JUDGEMENT IS JUDGED.

The youth did not voice any opinions on 's next response, simply nodding.

He then closed his eyes and folded his arms behind his back, his head tipping down and hiding his gaze beneath his hat. Several seconds passed in silence, before the youth finally turned his gaze up to Zac's.

"Tell me. If this were not a challenge, if this were a real battlefield... Do you believe your choices would have remained the same?" He said, eyes boring into Zac's.

If the danger was real, if the chances of death were real, would he still issued the same orders?

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 0:31:55 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Not a chance." Zac said, speaking with absolute certainty. "If this was a real operation, I wouldn't let my Pokemon do anything life threatening. I'm not a military man, Doug, and the idea of sending someone off to die just twists my guts." He shook his head, feeling the weight of the Pokeball in his pocket. "Accidents happen, and adventuring can be dangerous, but that's not what my Pokemon signed up for. They want excitement, not a bullet to the skull."
     "I know it's a bit cheap to deal in hypotheticals, but I consider this situation far from what I would let myself get roped into. This sort of thing should be left to the professionals."
    "But that's not what you asked." Zac settled his gaze on the youth- No. The Gym Leader. "If there was nobody else, and I got stuck in this unfavorable scenario with no chance of backup, then I'd play it as safe as bloody possible. Stick together, stay out of sight, and in all honesty probably let the boss escape if I couldn't take him without a chance of danger. No risk, and probably no reward."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,874 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 1:38:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Once more, Doug beheld in complete silence, the man's words hanging in the air.

"Within our stations, the luxury of choice is rarely afforded during times of war." The youth finally said, gaze hidden beneath the deep shadows of his cap, lips growing taut. "It comes whether one is prepared for it or not. For the rest, living in times such as ours, the only thing they can do is be as prepared as possible for the worst."

He held back the gritting of his teeth, and the instinct to suck in breath sharply. The topic inevitably brought memories of his past experiences and circumstances; even now, he did not much care for the memories.

"Keeping a cool head; choosing one's battles wisely; knowing when to run and when to stand ground. Good judgement is instrumental to one's survival, as well as that of their loved ones'." He said, producing a badge from within his sleeve, holding it out for the man to see.

"This badge, Mr. Ramsay, is not a reward for infallible judgement. Whether you succeeded or not was not important. I do not care for what you did." He said, slowly walking around the table towards the larger man. "I care for why you did it."

Standing before Zac, the youth raised his gaze to meet the taller man's.

"Congratulations, Mr. Ramsay." He said, before holding out the badge towards the larger man. "Mission Accomplished."

"This was all a test for the challenge- but frankly, it was just as real as any other." Doug said, "Please, accept this; as both proof of your accomplishment, and my gratitude."

Cough.

"Jeez, I can'speak right fo' crap; so many friggin' vowels."

-Zac Ramsay has earned the Honor Badge.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 1:55:01 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Within our stations, the luxury of choice is rarely afforded during times of war.
   "If war comes again I'll be glad to have someone there who knows what to bloody do," Zac said as he rose to accept the badge. He wrapped Doug in a huge hug. "Thanks mate!" he said, letting his friend go. The words were ominous, and the day's lessons were harsh. Zac didn't feel like he'd really earned the badge today. He's lost an ally, and made some questionable decisions. Mistakes, really. But like any gym battle it was about showing that you were learning, and that you were striving to be better. "I'm not happy with how I performed today. There's a lot to improve, and I'd love some advice from an expert," he said, grinning at the newly minted Gym Leader. "You've got all this recorded, right? How about we go over the tape and you can give me a few pointers ay Captain?" 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 3:06:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: