1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Daycare Dayjob [Mission/C]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 13:43:05 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Inside the Route 117 Daycare, Zac was contending with his toughest job yet: volunteer work. Harder than being a ranger, harder than being a gym leader, it was a brutal and thankless task. Especially since the Pokemon he was babysitting couldn't actually thank him. 
    He had come here today to drop off his Sandshrew, Rin, for a bit of socializing, and had decided to stay to keep an eye on her. Rin was a bit small for her age, and Zac has just gotten her in a trade from . A bit of observation would do wonders for figuring out what she was going to be like to raise. Right now she was playing alone in the corner, stacking up and knocking over a group of colored wooden blocks.
    Zac heard a worrying noise and looked over to see a Pancham and Smoochum arguing. "Whoa! No, don't-" Zac winced as the baby Pancham punched the little blonde Smoochum. She burst into tears, and Zac picked her up to heal her. As he did he noticed another of the little Pancham swinging from the ceiling fan. "Hey! Get down off there!" 

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 14:49:06 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Yeah, she still did not completely get the concept of volunteer work. At least this time, she did not expect to get paid for it. But Violet still had agreed to this despite her usual, more cynical attitude towards such things.
Because cute Pokemon were cute. She had some herself, yes. But her opinion of the things had sufficiently changed by then to make her want to just see and potentially cuddle some more. After all, she mostly grabbed them in the wild, where they were hidden behind proper monsters and beasts.

Plus, Golett really enjoyed being in places like this, instead of basically being shoo’d away by hysterical captains. He didn’t really looked like it, just standing there while an Igglypuff tried to climb his body, but somehow, she could tell. Before leaving home, she’d never been able to. Odd.
As for herself, she was busy carrying an Oddish back inside the Daycare that had managed to hop out of a window – only to see a positively big bulk of a man argue with Panchams. The little things probably couldn’t taken him, even if they swarmed him. Which made the whole thing kind of interesting to watch.

Violet briefly chuckled, as she put the Oddish back down onto the ground. “They are Pancham, not Talkchams. I doubt they will just casually listen to you telling them what to do like this,” she called out to him from the side, a smile on her face. She wasn’t entirely being a jerk here. Just a little bit. While putting on a friendly visage, of course.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 15:03:10 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I'm not expecting them to talk back," Zac said, as his healing energy flowed into the Smoochum, whose crying dimmed to wet sniffling. "But I expected them to have at least a bit of basic training, you know? Unless..." He looked over at a whiteboard where some names and dates were scribbled in black and blue marker. "Oh. They just hatched this morning. No wonder they're little terrors!" 
    The Pancham on the ceiling fan let out a low chuckle and punched one of the blades. The fan rocked wildly as the blade came lose, and Zac reached up just in time to grab it on one huge hand. Pancham glared down at him and jumped down from the fan, heading for the electrical outlet. "Uh, little help here?" Zac asked, hands full of Smoochum and ceiling fan.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 15:31:25 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
She shrugged. “Well, Pokemon generally don’t talk back.” Violet really did not count the constant repetition of names to truly be talking. It was just kind of weird. She never really understood what her Pokemon tried to tell her, least they used some kind of charade or pointed at stuff. Then again, most of them seemed pretty stupid. And expecting a thrilling conversation out of someone newly hatched was probably not the way to go, either.

“But they could at least listen, yes,” she added, while pointedly arching a brow as she watched him do whatever he was doing. Weird little light show. She’d never seen anything like that. However, that was soon interrupted by wanton vandalism. The big guy asked for help and she briefly stepped over in wide strides, yet she didn’t completely know what to do, either. Not like she could reach that far up. However, she did see where the little one was going. Fortunately, an ally was nearby. “Golett,” she called out and the ghost noticed. It was slow, almost lumbering – but it only needed to half roll a few steps in order to intercept the little one. Instead of a power socket, it got to punch cold, hard, ghastly stone. Probably hurt the little thing more than it did any damage to Golett.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 2:05:18 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The Pancham yelped and rubbed its fist in annoyance. Glaring at the Golett, it ran off outside, presumably to cause more trouble in the garden. The puncher's sibling (the one on the ceiling fan) jumped down, bouncing off an unfortunate Cleffa who had been playing underneath. The Cleffa fell over, eyes wide with shock, as the second Pancham headed for the door. "After them! We can't let them escape!" Zac said, still carrying the Smoochum as he ran out into the garden. Outside, the Pancham had set to work pummeling the fence. BANG! SLAM! CRUNCH! Their fists were small yet powerful, made to crack bamboo from birth. "Get away from there!"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 17:37:03 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Hah. Pancham 0, Golett 1. Well, maybe it was a bit lame to feel smug about her Pokemon quite literally stonewalling a newborn, but she still did. Hey, if someone was a novice at battling such as her, one took any win.
Though, naturally, that did come with an asterisk. Everything did, really. The whole planet was probably one bis asterisk, given how her life was going so far.

Because while Golett was doing a rather good job keeping that one in check, the big guy did not exactly do the same to the airborne Pancham, which was running off soon after. And he had the gall to all but order her around still.
Then again, she was extremely ill-equipped to handle anything like this herself, so it was probably fair. She sighed, then Violet ran out after them and, given that her Pokemon was otherwise engaged, simply tried to lunge at the Pancham and grab it. Not too harshly, no, but she figured holding onto it was probably the best way to get this done.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 3:08:17 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac put down the sniffling Smoochum and strode over to the other Pancham. He picked it up with one hand, holding it at arms length by its black and white scruff. "That's enough, okay?" he scolded, and after a few seconds of unhappy thrashing the little terror fell still. 
    Zac looked over to the other member of the hapless daycare staff. She was holding the other Pancham twin, which had also fallen mercifully quiet. "Phew. Thanks for the grab there. Name's Zac, nice to meet ya!" he said, extending his free hand before realizing that the woman's arms were full of Pancham. "Here. Pass him here if you want and I'll carry them inside."
    While the pair had been wrangling Pancham, Rin the Sandshrew had made her way into the backyard. She hustled over to the sandpit and started to dig. Now in her element, she carved at the sand with scooping claws, making banks, halls, holes, only to crumble it all in on itself and start again. Rin squealed with glee. The Pancham was still in Zac's hand. It looked entranced by the display. Maybe it wanted to join in.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 17:01:50 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ah, good. He was going to take it off her hands. Not that she found it repulsive per se or anything like that. Definitely not. But it certainly was a handful, constantly struggling against her grasp. It wasn’t too strong, but she had no real experience with these kinds of things, so it did not have to put up a great fight to make things difficult for her, if that made any sense.

Plus, she hated difficult to begin with. Better to give the ‘Mon to him, give him a gentle smile of gratitude, and continue to not having to worry about a veritable bundle of energy in her arms. That was much better. “The pleasure is all mine,” she started, though under her breath she briefly wondered if that truly was his name. Zac, to her, was not a name for a mountain of a main. Then again, maybe it was short for Zacharia or so. That would be more fitting. Then it was only him choosing an ill-fitting nickname.
Not that she was one to judge, anyway. “I am Violet,” she thus lied through her teeth. Then again, she’d lived under that name for so long, it could be considered true by now. “Though, if you don’t mind me asking, what has drawn you here to do this? I mean no offense, but you certainly do not look a lot like a day-care volunteer, if that makes any sense?”
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 12:53:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Violet! Great name. I'm a big fan of flowers," Zac said, by way of small talk. As he said that, small field flowers budded and bloomed around his feet, dotting the back yard with yellow and pale blue. Zac took the Pancham and started back towards the daycare building. "Yeah it's a bit out of my wheelhouse, but I was mainly here to watch Rin today." he said, nodding his head at the Sandshrew digging happily in the sandbox. "She seems a bit of a loner, not that there's anything wrong with that." The Pancham twins squirmed in his arms, turning to peer at Rin. "Mrs Rosenbalm said the place a bit short staffed so I offered to help out. What about you?" 

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 15:11:59 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Heh. Flowers. Truth be told, she had not even thought of those when picking the name. She’d been interested in the colour, first and foremost. Plus, she had once known someone by that name from TV and simply liked it. Father had taught her a lot about different kinds of flowers, naturally, but like most of his ranger training, she’d only taken to it rather half-heartedly and without grand enthusiasm. Thus, Vio couldn’t say too much in that regard. And she was too focused upon these thoughts to actually notice what was going on around them, even stepping on a flower here and there.

That was just how she was, really. Instead of focusing on what she stepped upon, she instead followed him when he pointed out more stuff, like his Sandshrew. It was rather cute. Golett had taken to watching it from afar, once again standing around like, well, a statue. “I know what you mean. Golett is a bit of one too. But he’s also very quiet, naturally. So, sometimes Pokemon just think that he is more fun than he really is, I guess.” A soft laugh followed, though the Pokemon itself did not seem to notice. He was her oldest Pokemon. Well, the first she’d caught, at any rate. “And me? Oh, I had nothing better to do and figured that I could help with some cute Pokemon. Travelling about the region is fun, but it is pointless if one does not gather a scattershot of various experiences along the way, is it not?”
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 1:54:07 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"You're right about that. If you don't try a bit of everything how will you know what you like?"

The Panchams were tugging as Zac's grip, and he let them lead him over to the sandbox. They grunted in excitement, and he put them down at the edge. Immediately they started chopping and punching at the sand, breaking down the sandcastle that Rin had built. "Hey, play nicely!" Zac said, but he shouldn't have worried. The sandy walls and turrets reform, and Rin squealed happily as the pair set to work destroying them all over again.
    Zac grinned at the trio, watching them play. "So, where are you headed after this?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 10:12:37 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Well, that was a solution, probably. One Pokemon that enjoyed building things, two that enjoyed destroying them. Not exactly the kind of balance she would have looked for, but hey, if they enjoyed it, who was she to judge. She found both sides stupid, sure. But they were literal babies, so she figured it was fine and briefly sighed, softly.
Meanwhile, Golett simply watched proceedings, unmoving, face completely blank.
Yeah, he was not the most expressive ‘Mon to ever grace the earth, that much was for sure.

But hey, it meant she didn’t have to bother too much looking after these kids anymore. “I am not sure yet. I tend to just roam the world, looking for interesting places. That is kind of part of why I am here. I have not decided yet where to go next, so I figured I might do something new in the area.” Violet followed that up by a shrug. Honestly, she simply had not thought about all this too much.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 0:54:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: