saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 4:50:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"brother."

the hurdles of getting past reception is tiresome even for someone with a familial connection. but for some, perhaps that connection isn't worth much. the thought is amusing and it shows in the way matias is grinning. he finds his way to the chair opposite fernando, not bothering to wait for any sort of welcome.

"big building, big office — looks like you've made it!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 21:41:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It takes him a moment to recognize the face across from him. The fact they managed to interrupt his work hours means they’re someone of significant. But what?

Matias.

Memories ring true. They’re blood may be recognized by their parents and the law but Fernando knows deep down what they truly are: people of circumstance.

He ignores the flattery because it stings more than anything else. This is but a homeless person’s squat compared to their tower back in Kanto. Before the war, that is.

To what do I owe the pleasure? Vacationing? You just barely missed Cece last year.

For now, Fernando remains polite and respectable. At least until he can figure out what he wants. That's the only reason they visit. They always want something.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 6:19:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"there are better places to vacation, don't you think?"

time has changed both of them. matias can see it in his features, his expression, in the way fernando holds himself. they aren't children playing pretend anymore; far from it. the man he sees reminds him of their father, and that only infuriates him even more. matias hides it well, though. he always has.

"i just wanted to visit; see how my favorite siblings are doing. i hear fernie's somewhat of a big fish here. councilman at some point? i don't think dad was ever a fan of politics."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 6:36:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Tell that to the Galarians.

They speak in jests but it’s enough to strum a chuckle from him. At least Matias is knowledgeable enough to know that Hoenn is little more than a shithole—better than Kanto, yes, but just barely. Which brings the question, why is he here?

Was.

His retirement only just hit HNN front page. How long it takes for everyone to realize that and treat him as a normal civilian is up in the air.

I saw what happened to a government that doesn’t recognize the threat of Team Rocket’s old regiment. So I fixed that when they failed to react.

His hands settle behind his back, resting behind his waist.

As anyone should, if given the option to do so.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 7:01:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"and now there's a new regiment. is that why you stepped away?"

the bitter sting of defeat still lingers. matias failed where his brother succeeded; nothing will ever change that fact. he leans back, fakes a smile, and watches for a reaction.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 7:32:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Not quite. I’ve done my due duty and then some. To the point I’ve ran myself ragged. Quitting was more doctor’s orders than anything else.

He fails to elicit a reaction because Matias is not the first to rub it in. He’s about eighth or ninth? Fernando’s unsure but doesn’t care regardless. Anyone who’s worked within the upper echelons of the League should know why.

But it doesn’t help that half of those in power are useless or refuse to assist. I suppose that’s just bureaucracy.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 8:29:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i'm surprised there aren't two champions. everything else seems to come in pairs. or fours."

no reaction. matias shrugs it off.

"anyone i should be wary of?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 8:40:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Every champion we’ve had died off. We can’t retain one long enough for there to be two.

If Matias is alluding to something, it goes right over his head. Just because he’s the most successful Silph doesn’t mean he’s the sharpest. He is, but those two don’t correlate.

Not anyone that isn’t obvious. Spend a few minutes to converse with them, that should be enough to judge.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:01:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"that's amusing."

matias should be somewhat appreciative that the foundations have been laid out by fernando. they're stable enough to be built upon, and he intends to do just that.

"i'll take care of it. you can sit back, recover, and enjoy...half-retirement? whatever it is."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:11:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“…?

What arrogance. Just seeing it live astounds him. But that’s no longer his concern. Watching someone march into a migraine of their own volition is as amusing as it is sad.

Hmph. Good luck. The only person capable of doing that is dead. Good guy and someone neither of us could ever live up to be.

Posthumously, has been delicately upgraded into being his best friend. There was much Fernando learns from him. And now, there’s no one to discount such claims.

Having him shackled makes things easier.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 9:37:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"don't you worry, brother. i'll do what he couldn't, too."

behind the grin is someone who has absolute certainty in himself. few have tried. all have failed. he will break the cycle, that much he is sure of. he rises from his seat; takes a step closer to fernando.

"hug goodbye?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 14:05:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah. Well, let me know if you need anything.

He’ll learn soon enough. Fernando fails not because he can’t but because he doesn’t have the will to stomach it. Not when there are other, more rewarding paths. But who is he to tell another man what to do?

I’m still not much of a hugger. I hope a handshake will suffice?

He extends a hand.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:44:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the extended hand is met with nothing but silence as matias stares at the man he considers his brother only through circumstance. matias takes a moment to truly study his features, but it's his eyes that draw his attention.

so cold. so distant. so familiar.

the grin disappears. matias takes a step back, glances down at the extended hand, then turns and leaves.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 22:34:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Hm.

What an odd turn of events. Fernando is impartial, no stranger to the loose familiar ties and the burdens that come with it. Each Silph that has intruded into his office has had their own way of conversing. For him, Matias is just another notch on the belt.

But he does make a note for personnel to simply not let him in next time. Even if they have to lie and say Fernando’s not in.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
blood [ closed ]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 1:17:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: