2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 16:03:04 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e Choi is in a mood when he enters the lab.

Eyes are averted. Shoulders of the more timid hunched. His eyes are sharp as they assess the current gathering of techs and lower ranking scientists, those who have not yet proven their worth. A predator searching for prey.

This is unlucky for , as it seems that out of all those gathered, something about him sticks out. In this room of talent, something in Miles sparks a reaction. Choi marches over to the scientist's desk.

"You look competent. What's your name and what do you study? I might have use of you." His tone is light but the orders in his words are clear.
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 16:36:11 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
On his desk are diagrams of mega stones, and formulas scrawled in freehand. Various hypotheses old and new sprawled across his albeit small workstation. Though he doesn't mind it's the first thing in months that he can call his. If only he could get his hand on some actual samples he'd feel a measure of completeness. After all theories and hypotheses only got the man so far. He doesn't even notice the underboss making his way through the office space until he's on top of the researcher like a seviper poised to strike.

Even so, this was his space, and while a Miles under any other pretense would be more subservient in hopes of ending the interaction the Miles Chu-e would get here was focused and cold, not unlike the underboss himself.

"That's because I am." He doesn't bother turning finishing another scrawl or completing a thought before circling in his chair and recognizing who he was talking to not to say his verboseness changes all too much.

"I study energy and how to extract it from items pertaining to pokemon." Not that he would understand. "Mega stones are the primary focus of study, but there are a number of other items that do similar things. Mystical items surrounding various pokemon across the world that I believe are untapped powerplants." He was particularly curious about a set of mirrors unique to the unova region that were said to transform three of Unova's titans, but he was certain the boss care that deeply.

"Now what is it that I can help you with...sir." I.E what the fuck do you need?

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:00:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e understands enough of those words to know that....

"Oh. So you're useless to me."

That can't help him with what he needs. Shame.

Yet he doesn't sound as disappointed or upset as Miles might expect. Leaning over the table a bit, Chu-e peers down at the various papers and he seemed more interested in what the other had to say during his little spiel. Some of the tightness leaves his shoulders, the sharpness in his eyes moving from irritation to curiosity. Miles is right that Chu-e doesn't fully understand; it's more ignorance than stupidity, though. His mind is malleable enough for those willing to put in the effort to explain.

A chair is stolen from one of the other scientist's desks, which Chu-e pulls right up in front of Miles' and makes himself comfortable.

"Name? You seem to know who I am- Don't call me 'sir' again."

There is a brief pause of him reaching up to his right ear, unclasping a daith piercing that's partially hidden; rolling it between his fingers as if in thought.

"Tell me more. What kind of samples do you need?"
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:26:11 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"A shame."

He doesn't miss a beat, not that it mattered his eyes focusing on the boss for a moment, before moving back to his work. It seemed like his research wherever he went wasn't needed, after all, Silph had said the same thing almost verbatim. Still what does surprise the researcher is that instead of continuing on the underboss would pull up a chair taking it from some other poor fellow to watch over the analyst for a moment or two longer.

As the superior pulled up his new chair the darker-skinned researcher would answer. "Sharp, Miles Sharp." He resists the urge to add a 'sir' to the end of the statement. "There are a couple of things, but first I would very much appreciate a keystone to study. While the power remains primarily in the individual megastones keystones have the unprecedented ability to link with any number of megastones. Something of a skeleton key if you will. If we're able to manipulate a keystone's ability to use megastones, well the potential is limitless." He'd put his hand to his chin for a moment. "Imagine a key that lets you drive any car. It's the same idea essentially."

His eyes watch the underboss' hand, scarcely believing what Chu-e may have been implying with his movements. There had to be a catch, always was in team rocket.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 17:50:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The piercing is placed on the desk.

An incandescent keystone inlaid in the silver piercing, surprisingly plain for what it is.

"Please don't destroy it. The person who gave that to me is dead now."

The sentimentality of the statement is glossed over by the slightly eager look crossing Chu-e's face. Different ideas are already springing to life in his head, cogs turning almost visibly on what applications research like this can be used for. Chu-e is not well read or studied like the people in this room; he dropped out of school at thirteen, could barely read past a basic level until a few years ago. Yet he loves coming down here to the lab despite certain discomforts because of things like this, of people like .

Chu-e is uneducated but he is not stupid or unintelligent.

"Do you think it would be possible to remove some of the physical strain or limitations? Having two pokemon Mega evolved at once... or understanding the process, so they didn't revert in such a short time... or the applications of the energy released itself...."
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 19:11:27 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Very quick. That's is of the possibilities I'd like to test if I'm fully able to get this off the ground." Now the underboss had his attention.

"To go further, one of the possible problems I see is if the keystone is able to unlock two megastones simultaneously. "Returning to the metaphor of the skeleton key, that would be akin to running two cars at the same time, but with a sole key. head hold up a finger to demonstrate.

It's energy from the trainer combined with that of a pokemon that supposedly allows a pokemon to mega evolve. Would mega-evolving two pokemon at once consume more energy from the trainer? Could the human body withstand that pressure or even maintain enough focus to keep both evolutions going at once? I don't believe it could."
He's enraptured now but gestures to a sketch on the table. A rough box-shaped device with a keystone inside of it. "A hypothetical prototype I drew up." He says it dismissively before going deeper. "This device, I envision, would be able to store the energy it takes for a pokemon to mega evolve with a keystone... I believe you can see where I'm leading with this, yes?" There's a shine in his eyes as he speaks of what could be endless possibilities.

When Chu-e delivers what Miles could only dream of getting his hands on confusion and shock lie plainly on his face. “I...” he takes a breat, I understand. Thank you for trusting me Chu-e” There’s an unusual respect where ire and annoyance had begun. A keystone was no easy thing to obtain, it was precious, this one even more so judging by the sentimentality of its owner. “Would you like to study this with me? Your Keystone could potentially change Rocket and moreover the world, you should be a part of it.”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:38:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Using it is pretty exhausting. It's also... strange to use, at first. Even after I got it, I couldn't actually figure out how to use for a long time. Now it's almost as easy as breathing." Chu-e affirmed while recounting the memory of training with when he first got his hands on the stone. Just knowing how on his end had made the process easier to figure out with his Lopunny later down the line. Creams had taken to it like a fish to water.

"I've been working on training one of my pokemon to Mega Evolve with a stone I just got my hands on. Any extra practice is welcome, especially if it's helping research." His eyes glanced at the drawing. It seemed simple enough even if he didn't understand any of the notes or various things surrounding it. "I wonder if that would still work, being separate from the user. Even when I'm wearing it, I usually still have to tap it to activate the mega evolution."

But was that a limitation of him or was that common? Most Megas he had seen in person it seemed like they needed to be touched... hm... it was strange. That would be something Chu-e would need to explore later. Maybe could even help with that.

"If we could harness this, it would be much safer than relying on what methods we use now... it could also help with... hmm...." A grin cracked his face. "Damn, I don't know why you joined Rocket, but whoever let you out of their palm before sure fucked up."
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
white fatalis
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 10:18:47 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Exquisite..."

He says, eyes not moving from the keystone in hand inspecting the marble noting its pale coloring and searching for imperfections of which he'd fine none. It's amazing how something this small could hold the key or at least a piece of the key to eternal energy. It had the potential to change the human experience as a whole if he was bright enough to put the pieces together.

"It would help tremendously." his focus returns to the underboss "Whenever you plan to train please don't hesitate to reach out." There was an addendum to that, but he'd introduce it later more focused on the conversation at hand.

"Very important note." He scrawls Chu-e's analysis in a particular notebook listening to him discuss the sensation of mega-evolving all the while. "Physical contact must be emulated to undergo mega-evolution." He places the pen to his forehead before looking back at the box-shaped drawing before him.

"I'm confident we can work around that..." he places the pen to his chin for a moment leaning back in his chair all the while. "If I were to isolate the stone and have something inside the box jump-start the activation sequence, an electric impulse or something of the sort? In the metaphor used prior, this would be akin to hotwiring the vehicle. "Using shock to emulate the synaptic impulse..." His scribbles become more furious as do his mumblings, before answering his current benefactor's next question.

"Not only would it be safer my friend, but it would also allow for that specific use you were looking for. If the second stone were to activate and take its energy from the battery pack you'd unlock the secrets of dual-mega evolution, in theory at least."

The compliment is noticed bringing a smile to the forefront of the man's features, "Well I'm not one to disagree, but if they hadn't we wouldn't have been able to meet you Chu-e, and forgive me for saying, but that's worth something in the grand scheme. Wouldn't you say?"
He offers the man his own compliment. He'd decided to take a chance on this grunt researcher, something Miles hoped to pay off one day even if the favor now seemed negligible to the underboss.

He moves from the compliment quickly, not quite letting the moment rest. "Are there any others in the organization that would willing to practice mega-evolution tactics with you, or rather any that you'd be comfortable asking for this project?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
white fatalis
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 16:23:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I can ask a few. Order a few others." Chu-e waves that part off. As he does so, he stands again. Some of what was saying goes absolutely over his head. At the end of the day, so long as Miles got it working he didn't need to understand it. Chu-e just needed to do his part to help.

"I was going to head to the training facilities after this, anyway. Tag along and you can see it in action." He would, at least, pause to see if Miles needed to collect anything or wanted to follow him at all. Chu-e wasn't going to force him. A hand is held out for his daith, though, since he can't really Mega evolve anything without it in hand.

"Do you think that Megas could have anything to do with Z Moves as well?" Z Moves he understood even less than Megas in concept alone. They were also a huge outpouring of energy, he guessed, but it seemed to have stranger effects and be in one powerful burst rather than an extended, over time effect like Megas. They also didn't exhaust him to use or seem as reliant on a stone or a bond. It was strange.
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
white fatalis
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 21:40:24 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"They are. It's been proven. The primary difference between Z-moves and Mega Evolution isn't in the energy used, it's in how the energy is spent. He's finds himself enjoying the conversation with Choi, the first conversation he's enjoyed since speaking with a week ago. It's because of this excitement the man chooses to follow the boss making sure to wrap up his research materials before following along.

"If I were to word it, it'd be something akin to a sprint as opposed to a marathon. You unleash a highly focused spurt of energy allowing your pokemon to create a hyper-focused singular attack. It's a lot of energy in that moment, but because it's so quick the effects feel lighter and the body recovers faster. Mega evolution is a constant transfer of energy that permeates in the recipient's body. You're constantly feeding that energy to your pokemon until it's unnecessary to continue, or either of the bodies involved find themselves unable to transfer or receive that energy."

He pauses for a second debating his next words carefully before rolling the dice."Perhaps this is a bit forward but as a 'thank you', would you be open to lunch or dinner? It would of course be on me." He begins to breach the boundary of coworkers, of boss, and employee but for a man so willing to trust him extending the olive branch is worth it. A kind smile rests on his features, truly he doesn't belong in this organization.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
white fatalis
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:12:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e listens as he walks, nodding and humming, trying to grasp the concept with the same reverence as .

"I've heard rumors of some pokemon using Z moves while Mega evolved." That, sadly, was not something that he could test for himself. None of his pokemon that he had mega stones for were able to also use Z moves. A shame. Maybe when his current crop of Passho berries were ready for harvest he could feed one to Sugar and see what happened.

At the question, he glances over at Miles. His first thought is 'they're going to eat him alive' it is followed, just as quick, by a firm 'i won't let them'. Miles, even if he hadn't realized it, had done enough to leave an impression on Chu-e. There was something about him, something that inspired him taking a risk on him.

"I'm always open for lunch or dinner." He offers his own smile back, a little worn around the edges. It's not the smile that he normally wears, the one more placid and plain and he could use when taking someone apart. His real one, if a bit guarded, that is tired and hard to give. "I'm usually hanging around my office. Feel free to stop by whenever you're sure."