thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 13:37:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin furrows his brow as he sifts through memory.

"You mentioned Lugia, I know. Can't recall if you mentioned Darkrai."

His own interests had naturally skewed toward the legend who'd blessed him, so Gavin accepts the possibility that further mentions had slipped his mind. He listens with interest as Choi continues, squinting against a fierce gust of wind from Lugia's wings.

"Didn't grow up religious, myself. Parents were a bit too conceited for all that." There's an edge to his tone that suggests a relationship that hadn't been positive, but Gavin doesn't elaborate. "So they were all just stories that might've had some elements of truth, to me. The mists in the Slumbering Weald, the stories out of the Glimwood Tangle, that kind of thing."

He realizes he'd never told Chu-e where he grew up; the admission comes easy, for Choi already knew of his relation to Lulu.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 0:20:17 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Slumbering Weald is a new one to him, but he has heard of...

"Glimwood Tangle? I've always wanted to visit there." It was supposed to be a place of the fae, so Chu-e having not at least seen it in a picture book would be more surprising.

"That was all when Galar was still a more closed-off country, so I never really thought it possible." The admission is taken and Chu-e instead offers a small one of his own. Chu-e cared for , deeply, more as one might a brother than simply as a someone else of their station. He trusted Gavin, even if in the coming weeks the thing sleeping inside him would try to warp and twist those feelings into something bitter.

"Do you know where Solaceon Town is? It's a tiny little place high up in the Sinnoh mountains. That's where I grew up. Aside from lots of farm animals and snow, there were a lot of old ruins in the area. The whole place was religious. To not be religious was a social death sentence." His own admission, in part. A small sliver of information that no one else alive in Rocket was privy to- tit for tat. Respect for respect, information for information, as they had it ground into their very souls.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 15:50:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He closes his eyes for a moment and allows himself to remember.

"You'd love it. Trees so thick they block out the sun, so it's lit by the mushrooms that grow there. There's a town in the center, Ballonlea. I've only been a few times, but it's gorgeous."

He'd not thought much of Galar's travel restrictions when he was young, because it had been all he'd known.

"Shame we're so tied up here, I'd love to visit with you."

Galar wasn't home, had never really been a home, but there's a certain fondness for the region he'd been raised in, the geography that had shaped him in little ways. He listens to Chu-e talk about Solaceon, and his lip quirks.

"I grew up in the mountains, too. Circhester. Always snows, there, no matter what time of year. Bloody freezing, as well, so Hoenn's been a hell of a ride."

Hurricane winds howl as the battle rages on in the background.

"Can't imagine growing up in a small town. Circhester's pretty big, too many people to police your religious beliefs."
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 19:47:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"It was cold most of the year in Solaceon, but we got a few months of snow-melt in summer. It wasn't warm, but...." A small hum. He misses the crispness of the air there.

"When I first ran away I went to Hearthome. It's massive, the biggest city in the region that isn't a resort, because it's like the home of the contest circuit in Sinnoh. I'd only been out of Solaceon a few times by that point so it was a huge culture shock." A clap of thunder and lighting from the battle, probably winding down. Chu-e won't allow his Audino to fight till he kills himself.

"I moved out here because I missed it, kind of. Well, the quiet. It was always quiet. Flames, if this place isn't fucking hot though." Chu-e already felt like he was melting. And it wasn't even fully summer just yet.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 21:03:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin smiles at the thought of culture shock, shakes his head.

"It was the opposite, for me. I went from a city in Galar to Saffron, and then to Celadon." He doesn't feel the need to explain why; he'd gone wherever Rocket told him to go. "Then we came to Hoenn, and I lived in Slateport for a while."

It had been a shithole, made worse when they'd fucked up the city.

"When I finally saved up enough for a place of my own, I chose Fallarbor because I wanted to live somewhere quiet, out of the way."

It was a quiet town where ashfall encouraged many to adopt the use of masks, of air filtration in their homes to help with their breathing. Hadn't been a great choice for a smoker like Gavin, but he'd managed.

He'd miss it.

"Ugh, and it'll only get worse," he complains of the heat. "It's so bloody hot even swimming doesn't do much to help."
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 15:14:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I lived in Slateport a while, too. When it was still run down, on fire, and didn't have any power." It hadn't exactly been a good time.

At least both of them could agree on the heat.

Already, Chu-e was groaning.

"Gav, we're going to melt." He let out a groan and rubbed his face.

"At least the sub should stay cold. But, damn, I still have to take medicine to even keep from getting seasick on there. When will this torture end?"

Idly, he picked up a pokeball and called his Audino back. A quick signal and nod of the head to show that had won.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 18:02:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Yep, that's when I lived there, too." A humourless smile, a laugh that's hollow. "It's why I hope we can take Sootopolis clean."

He'd only just moved into his new house.

His attention shifts to Lugia when the battle ends; the legend's wings glow with dim light as it RECOVERS. Amber meets red, and a proud look passes between them before Gavin dips his head to his patron and turns back to Chu-e.

"You know, the first draft for HQ was going to be a floating garden. Would've been way cooler... unless you're afraid of heights, I guess." He shrugs. "Submarine made more sense for concealment, though."
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 16:59:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
He makes a vague noise.

"I'd have been fucked either way. I get seasick and motion sick. It made taking Cinnabar a fucking nightmare. I should have known then someone up top didn't like me." He rolled his eyes at the memory, even if it was tinged with the discomfort of who they used to be.

Sighing as he made to stand, and picking up his long-waterlogged and ignored sushi, Chu-e gave a small stretch.

"That's for dealing with me while I was having my mental breakdown, dude. I feel a lot better after talking shit out."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 4:07:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Taking Cinnabar.

Stated so casually, as if they weren't discussing their war crimes.

And for his part, Gavin responds with a calm acceptance of the statement. If he chooses, he can close his eyes and picture Pallet as it burned. He can see the terrified faces of civilians before he'd ordered his Lucario to bring rubble down upon them.

"Always good to talk," he agrees. "M'here for you any time, Chu-e."

He glances at Lugia, and it's clear something passes between them before it vanishes into a swirl of shadow back into the beast ball in Gavin's hand.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hazard [c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 21:47:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: