1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
FAULTS
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 12:46:18 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac didn't sleep as easily as Fernando. Couldn't sleep. He ached in a hundred places, but sleeping was a waste of time that had been forced on him far too often recently. Sleep? All I ever bloody do these days is sleep. Napping, snoozing, lazing around. Not today Bulu. If I have to lie in bed then hell if I can't get something useful done at the same time.
    But what could he do in this quiet hospital? Zac looked over to the sleeping form of Fernando. Every situation is an opportunity, he thought. And this is an opportunity to find out more about Fernando. After all, what do I really know about the guy?
    Fernando was an Avatar, just like Zac, but his tenure was much longer. He'd been a gym leader for longer too, and had steered the League council through multiple disasters. Zac grabbed his notepad and pen from the side table and started writing down some questions. He wrote as quietly as possible, trying not to disturb Fernando. The head of Silph worked hard enough. He deserved his rest.

A nurse came bearing food, and Zac took a break to devour the fruit, sandwiches and soup. A while later he looked over to see Fernando was awake. "Good sleep?" Zac asked, putting down the pad. He'd tried writing a few lines of enquiry, posing and then answering his own questions until he came up against something that he couldn't answer. A question that needed an honest answer from the man himself. Unfortunately, those questions were largely uninteresting to Zac, so each time he'd ended up scrunching up the page and trying again. 
    Zac had seen enough of the surface to respect the man deeply. He was capable, professional, powerful, hard-working, what was there not to like? But what lay at his core? 
    Zac knew that there was one a defining moment in Fernando's past that was more telling of his character than anything else: Tapu Fini. Not its powers, but the relationship between the Legendary and its Avatar.
    Something Fernando had done had drawn Tapu Fini to him. Some act or offering had caught the attention of the Alolan legendary and then Fernando had impressed it enough that it had bestowed him with a chunk of its powers! That's what interested Zac. That's what would reveal, more than anything else, what lay at the core of this man.  
    Zac waited until Fernando had finished eating before asking. "Hey Fernando, I've been wondering. Why did Tapu Fini pick you?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FAULTS
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 8:04:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Good enough,” he squeeze out between spoonfuls of soup. The soft sound of his blowing can be heard from behind the privacy curtain that separates their quarters.

Oh?” He pushes the bowl forward, out of the way. It clinks against his nightstand. His bedding squeaks underneath his movements.

Well, there’s two answers, really.

Two years may have past but the memories don’t. He remembers it vividly, an outstanding accomplishment that means little in the grand scheme of things. He can still feel the summer fog against his skin.

Hoenn has many summer bound traditions. The Aqua Summer Festival is one dated in history. Among those present, Tapu Fini found me to be the only person to really honor these ideals while everyone else played in the sand.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
FAULTS
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 12:39:54 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"The Aqua Summer Festival ay?" Zac asked. He could hardly imagine his friend at the beach. Had he worn the same formal attire as usual? Even if it had just been a pair of board shorts, Zac was sure that Fernando would have cut a commanding figure, dominating the beach and whatever competition they had been engaged in. Fernando was the king of competition, and there was never enough room for two king in one sandcastle.
    He pulled himself up a little higher in the bed, meeting the eyes of his hospital companion. If there was a parallel to be found between Fernando's experience with the Alolan guardians and his own, it wasn't forthcoming.
    The idea that Tapu Fini picked Fernando as an avatar because he exemplified a specific ideal was a far sight from what had happened to Zac. Tapu Bulu hadn't tracked him down, and certainly hadn't picked him because of any 'ideal'. Except perhaps being bull-headed. 
    "What ideals did they see in you?" 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FAULTS
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 2:39:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAULTS

WHAT WE SEE THROUGH THE LENS OF ANOTHER

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. But Tapu Fini only admires Fernando for a few traits. Those that it does is integral to their bond. It’s the crux of the Pokemon’s personality, what binds them together. Fernando Silph is the only person who matches Tapu Fini for what it is.

Action. A willingness to do what needs to be done.

The Hyancinth Huntails is a house that prides itself on everything Fernando exhibits: dominance, leadership, sacrifice, ambition, but none of these align with Tapu Fini. Behind its empty gaze is a singular purpose and a constant need to fulfill it.

Tapu Fini exists to maintain balance. It cares little for people and the things we value. I’m the only one it trusts enough to make sure that balance is maintained.

He breaks with a muted laugh.

I suppose my track record precedes me.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
FAULTS
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 15:04:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Balance in what?" Zac asked, smiling at his wardmate. The redhead had never had a chance to really chat about the island legendairys, let alone their powers, or even about being being an avatar in general. "And how do you know what Tapu Fini wants?" He asked, the second question pushing itself from his mouth as soon as the first was formed.
    Zac grinned at Fernando, struggling to rein in his natural and professional enthusiasm. There was something about having another avatar nearby that brought Zac's natural enthusiasm to the fore. It fed that biologist side of his personality. The side that thrived on uncovering the secrets of their world. Zac felt himself calm a little, and he let out a little breath. With it came three more questions. "Does it talk to you? I can control plants, can you control water? Have you noticed any side effects since you've bonded?" He ended the stream with a chuckle, met Fernando's eyes, and smiled. "If you don't mind me asking. It's not often that I have a chance to chat with another avatar."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FAULTS
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 6:17:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FAULTS

WHAT WE SEE THROUGH THE LENS OF ANOTHER

“NATURE. Life and death. Sea and land. Ying and Yang. The planet’s homeostasis, if you will.

Fernando maintains a pleasant expression but his vigor pales in comparison. While Zac has an innate enthusiasm for the subject matter Fernando regards it like casual conversation. His tenure as an Avatar makes this no more than any other natural occurrence—the novelty has long worn off.

Mmm,” he hums as he looks for a way to articulate his answer, “talking wouldn’t do it justice. It’s hard to describe. It’s not telepathy but that’s the most apt term. Empathetic telepathy?

Fernando looks for his own answer as he mulls over his own thoughts.

Of course. We are far and few between. As for abilities, the most I can do is shoot pixie dust. The MISTY TERRAIN that appears whenever Tapu Fini arrives is the same one I exude.

He pauses before elaborating.

Unlike the other Avatars, I don’t have any impressive talents. It seems as though they are conduits for their Pokemon’s powers. Tapu Fini is the conduit for ours.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
FAULTS
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 14:22:01 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Fernando's answers were direct, detailed, and informative. And completely the opposite of what Zac was hoping to hear.

Where the other man experienced balance, light and shade,  Zac experienced overwhelming aptitude and raw force in a few select areas. "What I wouldn't give for some telepathy," Zac laughed, "all I've heard from Bulu so far is snoring."

His power's are the polar opposite too. Zac's were forceful and physical, and if all Fernando could do was shoot pixie dust it hardly seemed like they were comparable. What did the Tapus have in common if not their powers?

"Thanks mate. You've given me a ton to think about," Zac said sinking back into the pillows and staring up at the uniform beige tiles. "I'll let you get your rest."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FAULTS
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 19:09:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: