291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Scarlet Nights [Mission/Open]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 11:26:33 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Slate eyes, follow an agent through various hallways of the Lilycove department store. The first part of the operation had been a success as Miles currently sat comfortably in the security room behind him an unconscious security guard lay tied up and gagged. His partner for the evening was tasked to grab a certain jewel from the department store in question a freshly cut ruby that'd sell for an untold amount of money in the public and even more in underground markets across the region. The jewel wasn't even for sale in the store and would be auctioned off in the coming days it was simply being displayed in the time until the said auction. Miles had been chosen for the mission because he was good with computers and while he had better things to do in terms of work, he hadn't quite reached a level in the organization where he could shrug off a direct command from the brass. That said, the job had been easy enough this far and the infiltration had proved to be relatively easy.

His job now was to watch for other patrolling guards and guide his partner to safety. It was a job the required trust and precision from both parties involved, and while he lacked the former he had more than enough of the latter, and hey if the job went well perhaps a share of the former could be gained.

"Stop. Make your way to the pretzel stand, and wait for my signal, two guards coming from the easternmost hallway. Do you copy?" He speaks calmly into the comms device placed snug in his ear. Hopefully, they'd be in and out within the hour.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 17:59:49 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Was he seriously about to steal from this jewelry store? It seemed surreal, almost as though this was something out of a movie. A month ago, Rowan wouldn’t have even considered shoplifting, let alone becoming some sort of jewel thief. Joining Team Rocket had changed him, perhaps for the better, but in some ways for the worse. In the short time since he’d been recruited to the organization, he’d been an accomplice to a litany of crimes that were far worse than the one he’d committed to seek out their asylum from the League in the first place. Unfortunately, this was the price Rowan had to pay for his freedom. Although, he had to admit some of these things were pretty exciting.

“Copy.” Rowan placed a finger to his ear nonchalantly to respond, amber eyes fixating on the hallway in question before moving towards the pretzel stand. “Let me know when I’m clear.” He’d attempt his best to blend in with the crowd around the vendor, glancing occasionally towards where the guards were stationed, though making a point to not draw attention to himself by doing so. Rowan didn’t know much about Miles Sharp, aside from him being the newest head scientist in the organization, but there was a sense that trust wasn’t misplaced considering his recent appointment.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 21:20:52 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
The mall is in its closing hours a majority of the crowds have died down, but still certain types linger in the stores and hallways little else to do before the final dings of the clock ushered the remaining shoppers out of the shopping complex. So far the lingerers prove to be a blessing as the agent being led happens to fit in fairly well, on the surface at the least. He was young, attractive and while many who wandered were aimless Rowan had a sharpness to him. Miles believes its this combination of things that makes him perfect for the mission. He was a man who got the gist quickly and was able to act.

“You’re clear in 3....2.... “ there’s silence on the comms for an extra second, “Now. Take the hallway to the right and enter the PokeShack employee entrance.” Miles gaze fluctuates through various cameras noticing oddities among the guards, in that many seemed to be gathering.

“the door will be unlocked when you get there. Something to note; We’re in luck it seems. a pokemon battle on the first floor has the security detail focused move quickly.”

They had about twenty minutes from this point to complete the job as the surveillance room guard was set to shift. If they weren’t out or leaving in that window the game was over.

That said, they’re making good time, good enough time that Miles feels comfortable fielding a question to the ground agent in the interim. “Rowan you have quite the impressive resume. I have to wonder why team rocket. You’re clearly wise enough to visualize your endgame and so I’m curious what’s here for you?”

Of course the man was free to maintain silence Rowan’s job ultimately required more focus, and more over not everyone enjoyed Miles snooping in their business and understandably so.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 4:15:14 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Copy, on the move.” Rowan continued his path towards the hallway as soon as he received the confirmation from Miles, trusting that his overwatch wouldn’t lead him astray without reason. He pulled the brim of his baseball cap lower over his face as he ducked underneath one of the CCTV cameras, intentionally obscuring his identity from any prying eyes. “Unlocked?” Security didn’t seem to be all that concerned about a breach, if that was true. Not that Rowan had any complaints, it would only make their operation go that much more smoothly if he didn’t have to brute force his way through a locked door. “Sure is.” Rowan pushed open the doors to the PokeShack employee entrance with ease, slipping inside before anyone had a chance to see him do so.

“Alright, i’m inside.” He made sure to keep his voice low, not wanting to attract undue attention by being louder than necessary. Instead of further instructions, he found personal questions would come from the other end of the receiver, strangely enough. “Power, mostly.” It behooved Rowan to be honest with the upper echelon of Team Rocket, discovering quickly through the mistakes of others that dishonestly only bred mistrust among the ranks of the organization. “Not that I had much of a choice. I stole classified documents from the League, it was either end up being deported and thrown in prison or join Team Rocket.” Rowan realized that he didn’t seem the most enthusiastic about the organization from his response, letting out a small sigh before continuing. “I want to become stronger, and Gavin promised that I would not only be protected by joining, but also he’d help me find the power that I seek. I don’t want to run anymore, I want to be strong enough to fight back against my problems.”

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 14:37:07 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
As rowan rounds the door a red light on its handle would flash green with a quick ‘click’ accompanying the lock, Miles’ expertise at work. “There’s no door that will stop you, for the next 18 minutes at the very least. It’s my promise to you Rowan.” his voice is smooth eyes flitting from monitors to assortments of controls. The set up was simple and studied in preparation for the job, he’d learned from watching work. He knew science, formulas of all sorts and the bases of hacking and theories, but the woman was a meister of machinery, and more than admittedly his better in that field. Still, this was light work and he expected more from the Lilycove department store though Miles wasn’t one to kiss a gift mudbray in the mouth.

“A victim of circumstance. I understand all too well my friend.” Miles of course had his own story, but there was work to be done.

“Follow the employee hallway to the split path then you’ll be forced to maneuver through the second vent on the right hand wall. You’ll have two minutes to get in and shut the vent behind you. I’ll be off comms while you work.”

Miles would do as said the line dying upon delivering his instructions. Despite the silence on Rowan’s end the scientist’s eyes remain on the monitors closest to his ground agent switching radio channels all the while. There were other pieces that needed to be set in motion in the meantime.

The radio would chirp back to life after approximately two minutes.

“Do you believe you’ve come into that power or rather acquired what Mr. Merlino has promised? You seem rather skilled by my eye Rowan.” What exactly Sharp seemed to be edging at who knew, but progress was being made swiftly and that was all that truly mattered.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 1:29:28 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Mhm.” Rowan wasn’t sure that anyone could understand what he’d been through, what he’d sacrificed in the name of freedom, even before coming to Hoenn. was the closest he’d come to a kindred spirit thus far, someone else who did everything and anything necessary to transcend their upbringing and attain the power necessary for no one to have control over them again. This mutual understanding was why he’d taken to his mentor so quickly, and trusted them with the entirety of his being. “Copy, making my approach now.” As instructed, Rowan followed the split path until he reached the ventilation opening that had been described by his handler.

“See you in two minutes.” Traversing the ventilation system wasn’t particularly difficult for Rowan, seeing as he was of smaller size and stature, assuming this was why he’d been chosen for this operation. He emerged on the other side with about twenty seconds left to spare, making sure to secure the vent behind him as instructed, then waiting idly for the voice to return in his ear. “I don’t believe so.” Rowan pushed errant strands of hair behind his ear with a gloved hand, inspecting his surroundings visually while he spoke. “Gavin has been teaching and improving me much and I’m grateful, but the power I'm after isn’t something he can offer himself.” He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should continue, though he couldn’t find any solid reason why he shouldn’t.

“The moment I knew I wanted to join Team Rocket was when I saw his Lugia, and the power that the legendary had given him.” Rowan thought it sounded superficial, but it was true. With strength like that in his own hands, there would be no one to cage him and force him into a life of servitude ever again.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 13:34:26 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Having seen the beast himself a time or two and having felt the pressure of just being in its presence there certainly was something enticing there. Not quite Miles' want for himself but he could see how one would lust for it. And to say the bird didn't give Gavin power was simply untrue. That said, Miles didn't believe that the Lugia was the source of the man's power either. "Take your first left in the vent, follow past the second. You'll be lead to fan. It should be moving slow enough to pass through, time yourself carefully." He no longer has eyes on the man of course, but he's memorized the layout of the vent system or at least the portions of it necessary for the operation. "You'll drop through the ceiling at your first chance following the fan, but the floor below is pressure-sensitive. I trust you to be light on your feet."

It's now that Miles stands from his chair beginning to pack his own things lest he misses the opportunity to make his own escape. "As per our conversation with all due respect my friend, there's no power like that that doesn't come without due consequence." Miles doesn't know the specifics of the contract the shadow bird had with Gavin, but he's sure the terms and conditions of their union aren't all in the rocket's favor. "Of course there's no reason to dissuade you, but a word of advice. He thinks back on knowledge the departed had given him long ago. "I was always taught there's a tool specific to every job. A hammer for a nail, a wrench for a bolt, etc. Are you seeking the proper tool? Something to think about." Though as far as the hammer that was shadow lugia everything might as well be a nail.

He's enjoyed the conversation with Rowan thus far he was ambitious and sought something Miles found himself needing to a degree for reasons not too far from his own. With his own set of tools wrapped Miles spies the monitors a final time noting the guards had broken up the battle and were on their way back to their positions.

"The target will be in the center of the room once you land. The power is set to go out in 30 seconds, disabling any laser security in the room. That leaves you with about 15 seconds to free the target. Once you remove it the auxillary power will activate and the alarms will sound. There's no way around the alarms so I'd suggest being as blunt as you are quick in your removal of the target. Once you've secured it I'll facilitate your escape. I'll no longer have eyes on you as well." Something to note.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 23:10:33 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I don’t have any illusions about the consequences that will undoubtedly come from attaining this power for myself.” Rowan had often considered what would be afflicted upon him should he one day become an avatar himself, though he always came to the same singular conclusion. “I’ve suffered through far worse, I’m sure.” Crawling through the ventilation system, he’d listen to the words of advice that were given by , understanding that the lecture came from a place of concern and not condemnation. “I’ll keep that in mind, thanks.” Unfortunately Rowan didn’t know of any other tools that could facilitate what he desired, and only believed in the power that a legendary could provide would be sufficient enough to sate his goals.

“Dropping, now.” Rowan lowered himself slowly from the ventilations shaft onto the floor of the room, making sure to not trigger the sensor by adding all of his weight at once, luckily there wasn’t much weight to speak of. Fifteen seconds was more than enough to secure the target, especially if he wasn’t concerned with triggering the alarms. He’d come prepared for a smash and grab, producing a set of so-called ‘ninja rocks’ from a pouch on his belt, known for being able to shatter glass with high tensile strength. A single throw was enough to cause the glass case to burst into thousands of shards, prompting Rowan to run forward and scoop up the ruby from it’s resting place. “Target is secured, what now?”

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 19:07:27 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

There's silence on the comms for a second too long.

Alarms sound as the protective glass shatters. Immediately steel shutters slam on the showroom floor. Three sides contain him in a steel cage while the final is a massive window pane overlooking the city. With the parcel in hand, Rowan would find himself trapped. The pulsating, headache-inducing red emergency lights glow fiercely as the sounds of steps grew louder between the sirens. The shuffling of cops It'd become a situation.

---------

An elevator sounds and Miles finds peace in the cool night air. He watches over Lilycove for a moment, the fading sirens just beneath serve as a sign all has gone according to plan. From afar he spots flashing headlights - a quick response from the police. A pokeball falls and a shadow soars in front of the man it's red eyes waiting for a command.

"Focus on where the red lights originate. 3 floors below."

As the pokemon dives a finger moves to his ear; the comms device lighting as it'd done so many times before.

"Rowan, it's do or die. You have 25 seconds. Break the window pane and jump."

It was a lot to ask of the man, to leap from the 7th floor of one of the tallest buildings in the entirety of Lilycove. Still, for all the man spoke of power, and freedom those things were most often paid with resolve. It was time to see if the young elite could afford that which he sought.

Trust me.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 20:57:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Miles wanted a literal leap of faith? As much as Rowan would have loved to point out the humor in this situation, there wasn’t much time before police would descend upon him. “Bloody hell, alright.” A chair was the only thing in the room that was strong enough to break through the glass, hoisting the seat over his head and throwing the object with as much force as he could at the outside facing window. Glass rained down from above as the chair crashed into the pavement and broke apart from the impact, allowing an exit for him to make the escape.

“Here goes nothing.” Taking a few steps backwards, Rowan took a running leap through the open window, closing his eyes and screaming “Fuuuuuuuuck!” The entire way down as he fell, waiting for to take the reins and make sure he didn’t become a stain on the concrete below.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 21:50:20 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Miles can hear the glass shatter from above, he briefly glances over the side to see that gray blur swoop down at incredible speeds. He turns away calling a second pokemon out for its orb. this one, quite clearly a garchomp. "Follow Caelum." His hand rubs the dragon type's rougher skin briefly before mounting the pokemon. He can hear an assortment of footsteps and so he too was about out of time. Just as the door opens Miles is Airborn The Landshark pokemon completely defying its title as it soars in the midnight sky.

--------

Aerodactyl dives deep spiraling toward the falling elite agent before effortlessly scooping the boy up with its claws, just careful enough not to impale the brave Rocket. The momentum changes and almost like a bungee cord the aerodactyl would begin its ascent moving away from the scene of the crime. Moments later Miles and Rowan would meet face to face for the first time soaring above Lilycove.

"I have to say, I'm impressed Rowan. Your execution of the job from start to finish was flawless. You even hurled yourself into what could have been certain death on what had essentially been a whim." His gaze falls from the man to the city beneath them with its innumerable bright lights, hundreds of thousands of lives just below them.

"Would you consider those people down there free Rowan?" They don't have the record you do nor the lives we do, but I'm sure each person has their own set of struggles." He thinks for a moment. "I suppose my real question is what determines freedom?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 17:53:20 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

There was a moment where Rowan was certain he was about to become a pavement stain as he plummeted from the building, not seeing anything set up to catch him by the operator in his ear. Was this the end? Eyes closed in anticipation as he dropped one story, and then another, before feeling a pressure around his body. Descent stopped and ascent began, opening his eyes to see he was being cradled in the clutches of an Aerodactyl, exhaling the breath that he’d been holding since the start of his drop.

“Thanks.” Rowan said in response to both the save and their compliment on his abilities. “I wouldn’t have gotten as far without your guidance, however.” He was untrained and unpracticed, believing he was only able to succeed thanks to his ability to follow directions. “What determines freedom?” Rowan thought on this for a moment, glancing over the Aerodactyl down onto the city below. “The freedom of choice, and not the illusion of it.” Amber eyes watch the lights pass underneath them, curious as to why they were asking. “The moment choice is taken, so is freedom.”

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 20:40:30 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"The power to choose..." He mulls it over for a moment. In truth, he and Rowan weren't so different, but then again the same could be said for many in Rocket. An organization of refugees people who needed to make something happen for themselves because society let them down, the world claimed their options and so they were left here, doing anything they could to survive. Miles still can't help, but feel there's something more not to Rowan's claim but to the situation the two find themselves in with Rocket.

Silence lingers for moments more, "There's always a spot open for you in the labs Rowan, I welcome you to stop by anytime. You're brighter than you give yourself credit for, and forgive me for overstepping but I see a bright future in you. I just pray you don't have to sacrifice it to find your truth." It's honest, all Miles can be as they soar through the night sky over yonder. Perhaps one day Rowan would take him up on his offer.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 6:09:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: