part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 4:51:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Where was Darkrai?

It was always here...

She ran, breath heavy, heart racing. Broken glass was everywhere, and it all reflected her face: bloody, warped, monstrous. Her nose bled, broken; her shoulder bled, shot; her eyes bled, for having seen too many things the eyes should not see.

Her body was empty of godliness. All the darkness was useless. Bare feet rushed, painting more of her own blood around the sharp, jagged floor.

She grasped victims by hair and by neck, depositing bullets—one after the other.

BANG. One.

BANG. Two.

BANG. Three.

BANG.
Four.

But when she went to drop his head, the dead eyes which looked back were familiar.

“RINC! NOOOOO!”

And then, suddenly, the eyes came to life. A gun rose in his hand, to her forehead. “I see that ace, Fi.” And the trigger was pulled.

All went black.

Splash.

She was underwater. The ocean was dark. There was nothing around. It was empty—no fish, no sharpedos.

It soon occurred to her that she was the sharpedo, and she was starving—and suffocating. Somehow, she had no gills.

Teeth gnashed. She struggled, trying faster and faster for the surface.

A voice from nowhere: You have four minutes.

It was a lifetime. A fin never before felt did its damnedest to propel her to the sanctuary of the above. Eventually, there was light. It looked like the surface, until it came too quickly back at her with fire. A holy explosion. It ate away the ocean, and all of reality.

It was the first time she’d slept in six days.

She came up for air, violently, jolted from the spine into the apartment air, cold and crisp. She choked on it, heaving, gasping. Tears streamed, and she curled in on herself, pulling the covers off a lover next to her.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 2:02:11 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-sab]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mossdeep city

[attr=class,lyric1]
is it really a surprise if i'm playing

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
Waking up next to a woman like Lulu was never dull.[break][break]

But this time, something is different. This time, she, too, had tossed and turned more than usual. There had been a sense of urgency, like one of those nightmares where no matter how far and how fast you thought you were running, you gained no ground. And every time you looked back, your demons just kept getting closer and closer.[break][break]

She'd had nightmares before, ones so vivid and intense that she'd wake up breathless, but she'd never felt one so strongly as this one.[break][break]

Perhaps its because it wasn't quite her own.[break][break]

Sabine wakes up suddenly to the soft sound of crying. Somehow she had slept through the gasp, the jolt of the woman at her side. The cold had seeped beneath the covers, bare skin exposed to the room where it had once been swathed in warmth. It takes her a moment to adjust, to blink away the terrors that had just flashed across her subconscious.[break][break]

Her mouth is dry when she speaks up, seeking out the woman in an attempt to soothe her. She had witnessed Lulu's terrors, but to see her crying was another obstacle entirely. And she knew the mornings were sensitive, to be handled carefully and without interruption.[break][break]

But this time it was different.[break][break]

".. Lulu?"[break][break]

She chooses to be gentle but firm, reaching out to ground her but not to startle. She didn't want the woman to be afraid or to flinch away, but she also had an unreasonably strong urge to do something rather than let her curl in on herself as she had.[break][break]

"I'm right here. I'm right here."[break][break]

And, should Lulu allow, Sabine would curl herself up against the woman's spine, burying her nose in her shoulder.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-sabcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .accentbg"]background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .accentborder"]border-color: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a, .punkianger-sab .bulk b, .punkianger-sab .bulk i, .punkianger-sabcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/DkwSV8K/sabine-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sabcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sabcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 8:07:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Words from behind were scarcely registered, and touch made her flinch violently. However, she didn’t pull away. Everything had risen to the top. It spilled over. She couldn’t do it anymore.

“I was a sharpedo.” A deep breath, and she turned over, nuzzling in as close as she could, hoping to find arms around her while hiding face. Then, she sobbed into the princess’s shoulder, muffled. “I don’t want to be a sharpedo, Sab!”

Tears soaked. Years’ worth. It was ugly. When she raised back up, she choked, sniffled, and it seemed like it was over for a moment. Then, something else broke, and her voice cracked at odd intervals. “Why am I like this?”

She curled back up again, tighter still, and cried so hard that it went silent, the only evidence being the shaking over her body from a curled over back.

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 8:48:23 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mossdeep city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
She almost lets go. She almost lets go because Lulu's reaction is violent, is terrified. But she doesn't, and it is in that hesitation that everything works itself out. In fact, it helps to stir the princess awake, to be alert, to be present.[break][break]

Her hand remains and she shifts just as Lulu twists to tuck herself into her. Sabine sets her chin atop her head, tightening her grip to give the woman comfort, security, whatever it was that she needed so desperately that she wept. And she listens, running fingers through dark hair. To some degree the situation is amusing, like she is coddling a child who'd just had a nightmare.[break][break]

Except this isn't funny. This is Lulu: her Lulu who trembles like a leaf in her arms, so scared and in so much pain. [break][break]

"Let me see your face, my love. Let me take a look at your teeth."[break][break]

Should she have been allowed, Sabine would lean back enough to lift Lulu's upper lip in an attempt to find what Sharpedo teeth she knew wouldn't be there.[break][break]

"You're not a Sharpedo, you're Lulu. You are just you, just Lulu."[break][break]

Tears wet her chest where the woman's cheek had rested. She had never seen her like this, surely. By now, even she was moderately rattled by the situation, running her hands through the sand that was defusing this. Her fingers race along her back, she presses her cheek to whatever she could, to whatever Lulu needed. [break][break]

She had never in her life been the doting kind, the kind to care enough to wrap her arms around someone with the intent to heal. But here she was, doing as much as she felt that she could.[break][break]

"You're safe with me, everything is all going to be alright."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a, .punkianger-sab .bulk b, .punkianger-sab .bulk i, .punkianger-sabcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/DkwSV8K/sabine-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sab .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-sabcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:59:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Vulnerability.

It was something she’d always possessed to a crippling degree—it had just manifested in a very angry way; a way which had costed so many lives, she’d lost track of the number. Herself, she killed daily.

Sabine got to see the resurrection processes. This was not the first time. However, since her avatarship, these things typically didn’t happen now for a multitude of reasons. What was more, was that this ocean of tears was new.

Well. Old ocean, new waves.

You don’t want to see my teeth, Sabine.

But a lip was lifted, drooling with despair and all the ugliness of an inevitable loss of control.

Just Lulu. Who was Lulu Flint, really? Was this a person, or a shield? Was she actually inside the shark? Had she been eaten alive? Why wasn’t she dead yet?

I don’t know who or what the fuck I am anymore.

Sabine’s royal blade pierced through evil and a black hole mind. Kindness, shown to someone most, these days, deemed a monster. Of course, such a selfless act could never go unpunished.

But for now, she stayed in her arms, feeling fingers comfort her in a way none ever had. She shivered, and gradually, her breathing began to slow, closer to normal. Muscles relaxed with exhaustion in the wake of such release.

Attempting to come to her senses, she took a few deep breaths. Eventually, she whispered from a lonely island in her heart. “I don’t know if you’re safe with me.”

close tab

played by

castaway

sab, bean
she/her
twenty-two
june 1
hammerlocke, galar
polyamorous bisexual
artist, art collector
grunt
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sabine
Sabine Calcifet
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 22:00:32 GMT
Sabine Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mossdeep city

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
with your mind?

[attr=class,bulk]
But she did. She did want to see her teeth, and she would continue to check them every day if it meant stilling this woman's fears, if it meant proving to her time and time again that there were no sharp edges, no serated, gnashing horrors.[break][break]

The drool doesn't even slow her. The tears against her fingers don't slow her. The woman, bare-faced, red eyed and puffy, doesn't slow her.[break][break]

Sabine is meticulous and unrealistically impatient. She runs her fingers through Lulu's hair again and again and again until she stops sobbing, until those mournful noises of fear turn to quiet mumbles of exhaustion. And it didn't matter to Sabine who or what Lulu was, it never had. Not in the way that felt important - people were ever-changing, people were temporary.[break][break]

"You're being dramatic."[break][break]

Sabine opts for deflection. Perhaps it is a side-effect of her inflated ego, of her refusal to see herself as anything other than untouchable. Or maybe it was that unaddressed notion that Lulu was special. That unspoken sense of longing she felt when her fingers weren't laced through hers, when her smell didn't linger on her clothes.[break][break]

It was unthinkable to think that she was unsafe with the woman. She had seen snippets of her demons, heard the whispers of her nightmares, her fears, her horrors. And still she held fast, reaching for her through the dark, a pale hand piercing the void.[break][break]

"I'm not going anywhere."[break][break]

The magnitude of her promise is jarring, for a moment. Something she is sure she had heard whispered to her once, but they had been empty. When they left her lips, she knew that they wouldn't be empty. [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 3:35:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The gentlest touch in all the world could not cut the sting.

‘You’re being dramatic.’

It was like she’d wrapped an IV tube around her throat and yanked it tight. Suddenly, all the tears dried up—evaporating in an instant with the flash of flame.

She thought of in the office, after her first mistake with . It was the last time she’d erupted, and the only time she’d ever shown her brother such emotion. There had been no tears, but they’d threatened. His voice was another dagger in her heart. ‘I warned you, Saoirse—.’

‘I’m not going anywhere.’

By the time Sabine told her, though, Saoirse Quinn was already gone. It was clear in the eyes which immediately shed no further tears in front of her. It was sharp and empty; mechanical.

She swallowed her pain and found her steel. While her body drew away sharply, her voice was agreeing. Taking Sabine’s comment as an attack, she turned to attack herself as well. Her voice dropped an octave, growing up. “You’re right. I am being dramatic.”

Lulu then pulled away, getting up from the bed and grabbing a black robe nearby. Tying it around herself, she spoke over her shoulder, cold. “I’m going to go play solitaire.”

When she rounded the island, however, in the only space not visible from the bed, Darkrai hovered over the fallen, motionless body of Djall.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lost horizon [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 22:19:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: