4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 23:05:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The chill coming through the bathrooms arose bumps all over. The tile beneath her feet sent shocks of discomfort, but it was all smoothed by the towel placed on her shoulders. She pulled it closer around herself at first, before sighing similarly and drying off.

“Couldn’t tell.” Eyes cut and she smirked wryly at him while wringing the ends of her hair into cotton.

All that hung between was cold and silent for a moment.

“You too.” She eventually assured. Why not? “… Missed you, I mean.” The voice was, perhaps, lower, as though she hadn't entirely wanted to say it. Part of her regretted it as soon as she did.

But it was obvious. She was here, wasn’t she?

Clothes were replaced. Nondescript, black, vaguely professional. She pulled the expensive leather of her belt through the final loop.

“Drinks, then? Where to?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 23:18:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

“COMMENTS LIKE THAT REMIND ME WHY I DON’T.” A quip for a quip; sarcasm entwined like the yin and yang that stems from moonlight and eternal darkness. A flash of teeth parries her for another challenge but she smothers his flames with soft submission.

Love.

This type of love is the one he craves. Not because he needs it. Nor because it’s good for him. It is a love that stems from his own creation, twisted from a doll maker’s craft.

Obedience is not a tool coerced from fear to maintain control. It is bred from a necessary negotiation of assimilation. What he sees is thrown away potential—cast away from their confrontation moons ago—given second life.

He won’t let her waste it this time. No matter how heavy a hand he has to lay.

You pick. My treat. Unless you want to try somewhere new?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 0:18:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Emotions were shrugged off in favor of a different kind of exposure—one she actually wanted; that of a power he surely didn’t suspect, which only made it that much more exciting as it sat on the tip of her tongue.

“Some place new works, sure. Or wherever…” She went to smooth his shirt in a spot. “Take me somewhere you think would have really nice tequila.”

In such a life, she rarely had the opportunity to show pride to anyone about anything. This was special, because she typically lived in shadow out of necessity.

In science and engineering, however, that life was coming to a close. Lulu was tired of being nameless. She knew she had things to offer. If Oscar could be a CEO, she could also be something in the real world. Fuck the past. This was their region, now.

Where would this put the two of them? When Fernando inevitably discovered who she really was?

She wasn’t sure, but life was no longer worth living in silence—not with all of this new power.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 18:44:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

A NEW PLACE THAT COMES TO MIND IS A COZY LITTLE BAR IN THE BACK ALLEYS OF SLATEPORT. He doesn’t bother giving her a name—all for the sake of surprise. What they lack in food and proper ambiance is made up for with a liquor collection that seems as vast as an actual liquor store.

Rituals.

The billiards table almost looks as preen and well kept as the last time he entertained their little tournament. Of course, much has happened since then, but Fernando pays it no mind. Considering his barhopping days from Lilycove, settling down into Slateport seems lax in comparison.

He takes a seat at the lounge, eyes fixed on her.

Let me know if it meets your approval.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 22:57:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What looked to be merely a corner pub on the outside, held within it a cigar lounge type of atmosphere. Dimly lit, with aromatic tobacco infused into the leather of its furniture. Deep, royal velvet; mahogany; brass.

Lulu had never been here, but she knew exactly where she was. Most of the patrons knew who she was, even. This was a Rocket lair, shared with a smuggling ring. Down below was a massive underground route.

Of course, they knew of Avatar Councilman CEO Gym Leader  Legendary Rancher Extraordinaire Fernando Silph as well. Any turn of heads could easily be credited to his blinding fame without a second thought.

They moved to couches and a low table with a gaudy, crystal-cut ashtray and a stack of marble coasters.

The bartender, Slate, went for the lounge, typically remaining behind the bar but knowing money when he saw it. He was perfectly neutral, however. Understated. The right amount of eye contact. No one would be the wiser. “Good evening Mr. Silph, and…” “Lulu.” “Lulu. Alright.” He gave a smile that knew it was professional and made no effort to hide it. “It’s a pleasure.”

An anejo was ordered, the options shortly navigated between the two. She looked to Fernando with a smirk. “Do you like cigars?” It was a special occasion, really, maybe. He just didn’t know it yet. Felt appropriate.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 0:25:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

“GOOD EVENING.”

Despite what others may think about him, Fernando knows to keep a cordial air about him. Reputation and first impressions are second to none. The mask he wears is as genuine as the face underneath. Through polish and carefully manicured decorations, he’s earned his way into the hearts of those who voted for him as a Council member several years ago.

To this day, he keeps up appearances. It’s second nature.

It comes as no surprise that she goes for the anejo. Personally, he doesn’t see the appeal, and it takes a conscious effort not to shoot it straight down the throat. Such refined tastes are wasted on a man who can’t see the difference between quality and generic store bought shelf.

“I don’t smoke,” Fernando quips, readjusting the watch that remains naked without the accompanying Comfey.

But if you partake—

Then so shall I.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 5:48:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She thought for a moment, having to consider. Cigars… the sting of sour cherries hit her nostrils from another far couch, wafting over a shoulder turned.

Actually, it didn’t sound so good.

“Hm. No, actually, that’s alright, then. No cigar…”

The jarring strike of a memory hit her, blurring in different areas. Arms on her shoulders, as the heat of Natalia’s smoke burned into a busted lip. And then, mixed in, the sight of the woman as she peered down on her… She, herself, was on the floor. Why was she on the floor? She had killed her…

As a drink was served, another waft came like a wave. Nausea hit her stomach like a boot under the ribs and it took more effort to swallow the first sip of her drink as it was raised to her lips.

Lulu was momentarily stunned. Still, she put nothing together. In this memory, while so close, Fernando was still yet out of far out of view.

A smooth attempt at recovery curled the sides of her mouth. “So, I said that it was no big occasion, but I actually do have some news.” The opening refocused her attention. The prior glitch was lost.

Slate remained ever-present in the deep background, perpetually shining a glass with a silk cloth, and always polite and prompt on request.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:39:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

“OH?”

Clear signs go amiss. Fernando notices the subtle movements but how much about Lulu does he really know? Not enough to dissect every mannerism she makes. So those go unquestioned but noted all the same.

Her progress into taming him is evident in the way he sips the anejo rather than swallow it whole. It stings, evident in the way he winces, but he shrugs it off with impunity.

A surprise?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:30:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She watched him sip his drink for once with a knowing smirk, cocking a brow appreciatively. She might’ve asked why he continued to order something he didn’t like, if she didn’t find that she somewhat enjoyed the idea of him forcing himself into such a thing.

“Yes.”

She crossed a leg, settling in and biting her lip lightly.

“You kept trying to get out of me, that first night, you know…” the edge of her smile hitched. “You said you wanted to know who I worked for. I told you I free-lanced.”

A finger tapped on her glass.

“I’ve just finished a contract with Infinity Industries.” She leaned in to him, flash of teeth pristinely white but impossibly dark. “I’m rich as hell.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 7:51:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

EYES FALTER WHEN HER GESTURE BRINGS ATTENTION TO HER LEGS. It's a moment of weakness but one deep seated in just how much he's relished in them, worshiping their length and the treasure in between them. Caught by instinct, Fernando's shifts to eye contact within the same second, narrowing his eyes where her teeth meets lips.

"Ah."

He stifles a laugh, haughty, before submitting with a reeling shrug of his shoulders to dismiss her point. "You know, I only wanted to know because you seemed so dead set in hiding it. Like there was something more behind it."

He holds out his glass for a sloppy toast.

"Congratulations. Clayton's, right? I like him."

What she doesn't know is the deck is stacked against her. Since that night, since the moment he suspected, the strings have been wired into her joints. Now, he expects her to dance under the duress of his fingers—a puppeteer's performance.

"Smart man. Our work on Infinity Energy will surely shape the future."

He matches her, hushed whispers when he brushes his temple against hers.

"I've been planning on buying him out."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 9:43:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu was utterly surprised to know that he knew of Oscar—for half a second, until she reminded herself of who she was sitting next to. It was a small world. Money made it very much smaller for some.

“Not if I get to it first.” She grinned at him, clinking a glass he didn’t have raised and taking a sip as his head brushed hers, and losing a drop of liquor down her chin. Of course, she had no idea, but it was the high of the money which made her feel like she was on top of the world. As though she, too, could be a CEO.

She had confidence these days. For the first time in… ever. There were more projects to come. More deals. Rocket put much more stock in her these days, and by influence, so did others. Money came hand over fist, if she had time to grab it– and even with all the time in the world, it kept coming.

“Clayton, yes. Oscar. Very smart. Man's just as good at engineering as he is in business. I’ve worked close with him for months, now.”

“You know him.” she shifted, realizing, processing. Our. What do you mean ’our’?”

She was outside of the business, related through another vein in some unholy network. Decisions on the company, at this point, and perhaps at any point, had been unbeknownst to her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:05:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

FERNANDO CAN FEEL HER TUGGING AT THE BAIT. One line of dialogue is enough to tell Fernando just what he needs to know. What information he's missing is spelt out between the lines of what Lulu refrains from mentioning. Just knowing that she's supposedly worked for Infinity Industries, even just as a contract worker, is enough to pull back into the fold. Slowly, he starts to assemble the pieces to wriggle his way into Rocket's biggest avenue for exploitation.

It really does pay in spades to remain on the good side of .

Fernando parries her question with a curious eyebrow. "What else does that mean, Lulu?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:11:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She wrinkled her eyebrows at him, unsure, and not catching something. Eyes glided, too empty down the curve of the opposing leather. Honest. Over the head.

“I don’t know…” A smile shook at him, confused and giving a light laugh. “What are you getting at?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:19:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

THEY LAUGH IN UNISON, JOKINGLY ON THE SURFACE, BUT UNDERNEATH HE CALCULATES EVERY MEASURE. Spin it with the same guffaw he does in boardroom meetings and social gatherings. A decade of practice makes the facade more real than his actual personality. He ends it with a quick wrinkle of his nose.

"Forget about it. I've probably said too much. Clayton loves his surprises and you'll just have to see what else we've cooked up." He waggles his eyebrows to emphasize the mystery behind the comment. "World changing, really."

He cuts the conversation right there and then with another sip.

"And, more importantly, where's that put you now, Miss Silph?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:37:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Amber eyes cut at him suspiciously. She’d look forward to hearing about it. The Miss Silph bit derailed her from questioning. “Mm.”

“Oh… I don’t know. Immortality. Time travel. Ultra space.” With each word, her teeth bared closer for dramatic effect, but it cut with laughter as she drifted back again.

“Kidding. Maybe I’ll just stick to computers for now, again. Take a breather.” There was a heavy sigh of some relief, genuine in some fraction, and a sip of her drink.

“It’s whoever can buy my time these days, I suppose.” She looked over, though not entirely making eye contact, waggishly bashful. “Freelance, you know.”