4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 9:29:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She smirked through his sneer, gaze returning to find his easily—it was already there. “Oh? Was that your best behavior?”

“I can recall you being a little less than friendly, sometimes.” A pause was pushed through with a light sigh. “I think that’s a bit of what drew me to you, though.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 7:09:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

“MHM.”

Fernando swallows his lie with another sip. This time, old habits prove too hard to shake off. He swallows more than he intends to, nearly killing what’s left of his shot.

Have you met me?

He cautions her a witty smile.

I’m a dick.

Pause.

Why do you think I’m so good at showering?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 7:57:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
A chuckle scratched within her chest and she shook her head at him. Stupid. Sipped her drink, peering over an edge with eyes that smirked all their own.

“Mm.”

“I don’t know. Rich men can buy a lot of water.”
Her smile peeled.

“I hear I’m a bit of a bitch, myself.” With a sigh, she leaned back into the leather, shoulder brushing his—in what felt like many more ways than one, since evenings at Kaleidoscope. She’d climbed up from the ground. She had become the Revenant.

There was a desire to show him more, but it was impossible.

Or… was it? Was anything impossible, now, with Darkrai? She considered for a long moment. “We have more in common than I think you know...”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 8:51:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

MATCHING WITS FLOW LIKE WATER. No matter where it comes from, it all congeals into a single stream. There is fluidity in assimilation. To have her become one with him is the final end goal—more than just in body. He needs her to intertwine with him, in mind and soul.

Yeah, I know,” he keeps his voice low, answering both statements with one reply.

Just how much he knows and how much he’s letting on is lost between the layers. In simplicity there is a meaning that transcends understanding.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 9:25:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
There were many things to consider, all which were scrambled, perhaps by an ever-worsening lack of sleep, and the influence of his MISTY TERRAIN. To carry such a secret was heavy, especially in a life which left her feeling mostly alone.

He knew, he said. She looked over at him, at his eyes, to try and find meaning.

Ultimately, it didn’t matter.

“I want to show you something.” Her stare didn’t waver. It looked entranced, maybe. “It’s because I trust you.”

She turned towards him more on the couch, drawing nearer to strategically shield from sparse but occasionally interested eyes. Her lips leaned closer towards him, and a hand went out to touch his lightly. Voice, warm from liquor, was low across his neck. “I love you.” 

Fingers went dark, wisping into shadow as they mingled with his own, their warmth disappearing into the coolness of shade. She whispered still against his skin. “Don’t betray me.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 9:37:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

THE DEPRAVITY OF HER SHADOWS REFLECTS HIS EXPRESSION. Fernando wears his mask with a frigidness that knows no love. Ice runs through his veins as he pulls out all the stop to not react.

He doesn’t so much as twitch. Instead, he runs her a smile and leans in, keeping up the act of two love birds intermingling at a lounge. “I know,” he repeats, slower, quieter.

But inside, he’s anything but. Excitement pounds in his chest with the curtails of a victory. Eagerness throats to jump out his throat as he cautions through his next move.

All Lulu will see is the same man she came in with, appeased but ultimately indifferent.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 11:03:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
It was many things. A warning and a promise—and maybe, somewhere in there, a sort of treaty, between two powerful people.

His response didn’t betray any details. It was impossible to know what he meant, in the end, and thus, the steps from here would be precarious.

“I don’t know what you mean.” She shrugged. “But that’s alright.”

“I want you to know that I don’t mean to ever hurt you.” Just as his words were practically spectral, she kept her own impossible to hold to one meaning. No real confessions, except the shadow which gave way to human warmth once again. She pulled her hand away, gently. Stay out of our way. 

There would be no further demonstration.

“I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell the council.”

Her nose brushed his jaw and she moved further back into her seat again, nearly finishing her drink.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 14:41:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

“THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO HURT ME,” he cautions with a flirtatious rouse. “And not all of them through me.

When she reclines from him he refuses to let her slip away uncontested. The bridge is gapped, a tug-of-war of longing and physical affection. He edges closer, bumping shoulders as they replay the scene with a role reversal.

He leans in, lowering his head to fit against hers. He plants a kiss against the exposed side of her neck. “And then what,” he murmurs against the crook. “There is balance that must be maintained, Lulu.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:41:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
His dreams would tell that what he feared the most was not the loss of his fortune and comfort, but rather the loss of control over everything around him. People didn’t matter, necessarily, more than trees or buildings. Humans; creatures were buildings. His world was an extension of himself, growing out of the palm of his hand, and to damage it was an insult.

It, and everything within the atmosphere was his property. 

Lulu aimed to find the key to everything beyond, and she needed nothing from him—but one thing.

Her understanding was that he was wrong. He wasn’t in control.

She didn’t pull away. She couldn’t. He drew her in and what remained in an otherwise empty glass melted. “I know.” An echo.

If he did tell, and he likely would, she couldn’t stop him—and it would have only been a matter of time, anyways. There were more important and powerful things in the worlds than the government of one alone.

“I intend to help you.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 23:05:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

LAUGHTER TICKLES HER SKIN IN MEASURED HUFFS. Fernando can’t help but snicker at the offer. What can she offer him? To what extent does the olive branch extend?

She’s gone this far—given, for reasons he’s yet to understand. So he plays coy, resting against her like the foundation she is.

Oh?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 8:31:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Another drink was not immediately ordered. She enjoyed the closeness of his breath, while her own heart thrummed in her chest. It hummed a syllable at the edge of his own.

“I can give you things no one else can.” It was as though it were fact. A fingertip played idly at a seam on his pants. “But you have to trust me enough to give me time.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 17:39:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

THINGS NO ONE ELSE CAN. Interesting but blatantly false. There is always someone who can provide the same. It merely a matter of finding them. And should the exception to the rule exist—there is subservience in death. A stark reminder that all good things come to an end.

Lulu Flint is the first to becoming a living corpse. His influence is insidious, lacking the immediate satisfaction that comes from his fae ghouls, but in patience there is reward. She lasts longer then any of them.

If only she was just as reliable.

Mm.” He nods into her neck, fashioning a kiss with a bit too much teeth. Their sporadic moments of intimacy is always laced with his juvenile markings. At first, it had been intentional, dual purposed albeit insignificant. Now, it feels like tradition.

And how does that help?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 1:14:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The feeling of his teeth on her neck surprised her less each time, but still made her jump lightly. A pleasant chill ran down her spine.

She was, maybe, foolishly honest as she melted into him. “I’m not entirely sure yet. I'm pretty good with technology and I'm not afraid to do what others won't.”

After a moment, she pulled away, finding her mind becoming oddly hazy. A few breaths of fresh air and the burn of a cigarette was a sudden necessity.

“Think I’ll go out for a smoke. Won't be long.” With that, she did, leaving him behind on the leather. She would be quick, as assured.

Once outside, cigarette lit, his influence began to fade. Headspace shifted.

What the fuck had she just done?

Her understanding of her situation suddenly evolved. Just as it had been at the gala, every feeling was different the further she got from him. 

It meant he had power over her. What, she wasn’t sure, but there was something not right. Her guard had fallen entirely. Even her unyielding protection of her family had been bent.

As her heart raced, she felt Darkrai’s presence through the night air. It rose, to look at her.

‘Leave. Now.’

She stared. A feeling of terror ran throughout her body as the response left her lips.

“No.”

In the end, she continued to crave him. It overpowered her better judgment, and her back turned on her patron for the first time. The half-smoked cigarette was dropped to the ground, and she re-entered the bar.

The terror persisted, for a different reason, but she played it off. It dissipated as she entered the other avatar's concentrated TERRAIN. Again, she was lost, anxieties fading into a mental fog. She sat beside him again, close, and ordered another drink.

“Sorry. Not exactly the news I intended to share with you tonight, if I’m honest. Suppose it's a bit nerve-wracking.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 19:29:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WHY LIKE THIS?

WHEN YOU CAN BE THAT?

QUICK IS SUBJECTIVE. A moment’s notice means a moment’s departure. Fernando takes the generous window she’s provided him to mull over this new information. A piece of the puzzle comes to fruition as he strikes the match.

They’re not connected. Not in the least bit. But every inch they provide him intertwines in a web that creates a well written narrative. He knows nothing yet each individual ends up snitching on the other. Smoke and mirror part ways as Fernando’s investigation starts to come to a close.

He hadn’t even known about Lulu’s avatarship. Not the faintest clue. Not at the beginning. But luck too is a part of skill, one that he hones with due diligence and ample opportunities.

It’s terrifying, actually,” he agrees with a curt nod. His head sinks into cross palms, held up by propped elbows, “which is why I wanted to give you space. Let you come forward when you were comfortable.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
why like this?
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 0:51:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Sitting in an overwhelming fog, she dissociated briefly into the coolness of the glass in her hands—both of them, cradling it as he cradled his own skull in her direction.

Suddenly, she wore everything on her sleeve, including her anxiety. Her brief interaction outside with Darkrai still lingered, only intensifying it. Comfort she typically felt was reversed by her refusal of its command.

It now felt as though the room was simultaneously pushing her out, as it was pulling her in. His doll was coming apart at the seams.

Fernando's words echoed and reverberated in her mind,  dreamlike. She sipped her drink, almost forgetting to respond.

“You knew?”