Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 17:04:24 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

PLANTED CARROT SEED

Josh's mother, Serena Dragomir, had given Josh an assignment all of a sudden. She didn't say why or what it was for, but she had some kind of test. Likely to see if he was capable of retaining his position as RaiCorp's CEO. It was a harsh test though, and one that Josh was a bit uncomfortable about. But that had been how his parents had always been. High pressure. So here it was. He needed to draft ideas and start work with a team on the next big product for RaiCorp. By himself. He was to draft the blueprints, take a team and facilitate building it up and making it work. If he could get it out to market and it sold well, then he would pass this mystery test. If he failed? Well, she didn't say what would happen but he'd assume it would be bad.

With the pressure on, Josh and Izumi found themselves in Shoal Cave. One of his possible projects was something he had tentatively called the "3D-Dex", using the HoloWatch's capabilities to act as a PokeDex. But while past studies could get Pokemon info... There were Pokemon that he didn't own and couldn't craft 3D models from. So today would be about catching Pokemon to act as specimen.

Also while here, he had planted the Carrot Seed he had found before, at recommendation. He didn't know what it would do, but he definitely intended to check in on it.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 15:12:57 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Okay, okay, okay, so lemme get one thing straight—”

She was looking at him like he was… quite frankly out of his mind. Not only that, it looked like there were bags under his eyes too.

“You’re telling me, that your mom gave you this mystery test, with very little assistance whatsoever, and one of the ways we’re going to tackle it is through—here?” she gestured around her at Shoal Cave in general.

While the dampness of the cave was welcomed this time of the year because holy shit it was terribly hot outside, the fact of the matter was that—

“You’re… basically going to make a literal living Pokédex, right? For the watch?” she confirmed, wondering just how it was going to be possible. “And does this include any Legendaries that exist, or just the normal Pokémon that run around here?”

Because getting Legendaries to stay still and pose for this was going to be—definitely a bit of a stretch, all things considered.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 17:17:16 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Izumi was fiery as always, and he supposed he couldn't blame her, given what she knew. But he remained calm despite the Solgaleo roaring in his face. “Sort of. This is more of a side project” he explained in earnest, giving her a small smile. He was definitely tired from spending some nights drafting ideas, but he wasn’t overworking as much as he used to. Izumi had made sure of that a long time ago. “It’s to get me more familiar with the holographic technology we’re using, so I can adapt it to the main project as part of this test. Essentially I intend to either catch or encounter as many Pokemon as possible, taking pictures with my HoloWatch and constructing holographic 3D models with the data, one at a time. That’s easier than trying to get every Pokemon to stand still, since even if they’re moving around, so long as the body’s visible the entry can still be made.”

He thought a moment on her question about the legendaries. “Probably not legendaries, not unless I encounter them and can add them. This is going to be a long-term side project but it’ll make the HoloWatch more attractive to trainer buyers. And for my test, the experience I'm getting from working on it will be great for really getting a handle on the technology.”

With that cleared up, he thought he’d clarify another thing. “Her assistance came in allowing me to pick a team from any of our staff to assist me. They’ll be helping me construct the models and will be on hand to help when I figure out what to do for the main test. Essentially, this is my way of preparing for the test.”

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 17:48:00 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Oh, I hope you picked the right people,” she continued, giving him an apprehensive look.

“You know… what with so many people stealing tech secrets running rampant these days. Have to be careful someone else doesn’t, like, get the tech first and reverse-engineer it or something.”

And then she understood why she was also there.

“Is this also because you’d need a second pair of hands to help scan the data?” she inquired, wondering if she was right about this. Since it was a rather tremendous undertaking all on itself.

While her entire ‘collection’ wasn’t completely back yet, it would definitely help poking around the place and hopefully encountering what they needed.

Hopefully she’d be able to recover the rest while they went through this place. Who knows if she’ll succeed on that, considering she had a rather sizable roster to retrieve.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,282 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 4:00:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TRAPINCH APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYPER CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERPOWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WEAVILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NASTY PLOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REVENGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICY WIND

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 16:02:33 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"It would take a lot of experience with the technology to even start to reverse-engineer it into something useful. And to do it at such a fast rate would require a full team with said experience" he explained in earnest. "Getting that experience is why I'm doing this side project. It was Amor's idea. It gives a chance for me to really get intimate with this stuff and know how it ticks. All these years, my mom's been the brains behind the outfit, and the technical genius. She designed the HoloWatch and all that came with it, that wasn't me. Now I guess it's time for me to learn. That's probably how she feels right now" he added in turn.

Still, he understood her concerns. "At the least, I understand where you're coming from. I've picked a decent team, I think. Long-term employees who are always pretty excited to work with the tech. Folks who share my mother's vision of wanting to make the world a better place in what way they can. I figured they would be the best people to work alongside, and to learn from. They're passionate about their work, and that struck a chord with me."

A Pokemon caught his eye, and he took a deep breath as he saw the Weavile's claws come out. Considering the temperature here, of course it was looking for a fight. "Also yeah. I could use some help with data collection. But I also just enjoy your company" he remarked cheekily, smiling slightly. He quickly brought out his Litten, Micken, as the Weavile lunged with Night Slash. Micken countered with Fire Fang, sending both back. "It's also unwise to go to a frozen area like this alone. If something went wrong, I'd be in serious trouble if I was on my own" he explained as he issued for the Litten to use Ember, catching the Weavile off-guard as he quickly threw a Pokeball.

Catching Weavile

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 17:00:27 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“You better keep an eye on that team, because you never know when the competition suddenly comes up with shit that’s suspiciously close to what you were developing,” she joked but at the same time warned him about it.

It was inevitable—people stealing ideas left, right, and center. Especially in something as cutthroat as technology development.

But who was she to comment about this, after all she was just a plain ol’ humble housewife. Well, minus the alchemist part of things, but that was neither here nor there.

The sight of the Trapinch made her grin—she’d been looking for the ground-type for a good while now. Moment it saw them, though, she wasn’t expecting the small creature to suddenly lob a bunch of oversized rocks at them!

“What the hell,” she grumbled, before her Swampert made an appearance.

A last-second Protective screen shimmered into existence, before the rocks collided harmlessly against the barrier. Now that the immediate threat was done, the Swampert then took a deep breath before blasting at the Trapinch with a powerful surge of water—a crashing, Surf-worthy wave.

The intention was to capsize the Trapinch, and while another Superpowered attempt came crashing through the tight space, the water had managed to divert the rocks away.

And right it went, tipping the Trapinch over as the water almost drowned it.

“Nasty,” she said with a shake of her head before throwing a Pokéball at the soggy Trapinch.

catch attempt on Trapinch!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,282 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 6:32:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BALTOY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTH POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUARD SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IMPRISON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SELF-DESTRUCT

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STEELIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AUTOTOMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] HEAD SMASH

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS WERE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 19:46:05 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“It would take a team more passionate than we are to even start to develop on something this complicated. This isn’t exactly easy and widespread technology” he brought up, though he did acknowledge the warning. “It’s possible, but we’d have ours more than ready before a leaker could get a prototype out with another team. Not to mention mom’s legal wizardry. Don’t forget what happened with that yacht scam. Mom got herself the damn boat at barely a fraction of its worth in that courthouse settlement. It was almost terrifying how easy it was for her to put pressure on them.”

Humble housewife, thought a ranger. And where was this alchemy thing coming from?

Izumi spotted a Trapinch, and he let her at ‘em. Meanwhile a spinning Baltoy had caught his attention, so he focused on that. “You’re up, Kermy” he called out with a calm tone as he brought out his Poliwag. Baltoy would respond to the Poliwag’s appearance by using Earth Power, but the Poliwag would soon counter with a Bubblebeam to stop it.

Josh paced to and fro as he watched the battle, and he watched as Baltoy would go for another Earth Power. This time, Josh saw the opening. “Dive underneath and go for Bubblebeam!” he called as Poliwag would shoot forward to duck under the Earth Power, before hitting Baltoy point blank with Bubblebeam. Having had enough of this, Baltoy would begin to glow as it started careening towards them, and Josh realized quickly what was to come. Trying to think of what to do, he noticed Izumi’s Swampert using Protect…

“Hide behind Swampert!”

Just as the rocks hit Swampert’s Protect-ive barrier, the Poliwag would hide behind it. Baltoy would use Self Destruct, and exploded harmlessly against the barrier. Sneaking a peck on Izumi’s cheek, Josh tossed a Pokeball at Baltoy as he let her finish her battle. He watched as she nearly drowned the damn thing, and scratched his head. “A bit overkill, aye?” he brought up as he started trying to get the fire going again, seeing as it'd been knocked out in the battle. That was when the cave began to rumble.

"Ah, shit."

Catching Baltoy

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 10:00:42 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Yeah, I’ll have to agree that is a bit overkill,” she nodded.

“But you can never be too careful—” she remarked as the Pokéball that had captured the Trapinch was whisked away, before the ground started to tremble.

Geez, would they not catch a break! Not even a moment to say a prayer or two because the ground started shaking!

The moment the Steelix erupted from the earth using its Dig, she knew what to do. Thank hell the protective screen from earlier had deflected the force of the Self-Destruct from the Baltoy. Right as the Steelix was about to charge with a Thunder Fang (big mistake) the Swampert met the incoming snake head-on with a Hydro Pump to the face.

Another screeching noise of metal from the Steelix, before another torrential Surf’s worth of water crashed down again on the Steelix.

Before it could escape, another Pokéball is thrown.

catch attempt on Steelix!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,282 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 23:58:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WEAVILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SNATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NASTY PLOT

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KROOKODILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANGER POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOUL PLAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND TOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]OUTRAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] AQUA TAIL

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS WERE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 21:25:23 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“You can never be too careful” said the crazed ranger who just tried to drown an entire Pokemon a second ago. The blonde scratched his head awkwardly as he took a few steps away from her. Well, at least the Pokemon he had fought just now had been caught, and the both of them were safe from anymore potential drownings.

“You got any heated berries in them cheek pouches of yours?” Josh asked Lightning, who made a face. As big as the Raichu cheeks were, they were unfortunately not for storing food. But conversation ended soon after, for they weren’t out of the woods just yet.

Because out came a Steelix. And while Izumi dealt with that, Josh was forced to jump back as a Krookodile would yeet itself at them. Seeing the opportunity, Josh quickly called for his Poliwag to use Water Gun, stunning the Krookodile with a shot right to the eyes. That would help make up for the size difference, as Josh then told it to use Bubblebeam before throwing the Pokeball just as it hit, hoping to take advantage of the stunned moment before the battle could be dragged on for too long.

@tag

Catching Krookodile

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 15:40:19 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

All she could do was turn to face Josh when he asked the Raichu a completely and totally nonsensical question, like what the hell was going on there?

She blinked and stared at him, wondering if he was out of his mind or something.

She couldn’t help but bite back a snort of laughter.

“And while you’re at it, why not ask if your… ‘lightning mouse’ can conjure up a will-o-wisp or two, it’s getting colder the further away from the entrance we go,” she cracked; doing the ‘air quotes’ sign at the mention of his Pokémon partner.

There was a Weavile nearby; but it didn’t interest her—at least, for the moment it didn’t.

She waited for him to finish ‘mortal kombat’ with the Krookodile before moving on.

skipping Weavile

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,282 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 1:45:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BEARTIC APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SLUSH RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDURE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DIGLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ANCIENT POWER

[break]
CAUGHT THE KROOKODILE!

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Frozen Dinner Date
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 0:54:12 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

“Hey, HEY! To be fair, we don’t know if Raichu have cheek pouches like their Dedenne cousins. They do look just like Dedenne, don’t they?” Josh cheeked right back in turn. There had been a joke there, but like most people who walked by her, it sailed right over her head. Vrrooooom.

Unfortunately, the Raichu did not have any to speak of. Nor could it do a will-o-wisp. They were just going to have to deal with the cold.

“RRRRRRRGGH!”

“That doesn’t sound good” he remarked as he watched a Beartic step in, having heard all the commotion. As it stomped at them, Josh scratched his head. “Well, he’s rather un-bear-ably large, isn’t he?” came the puns which Izumi really should have seen coming. Josh pulled out a berry then as he approached the angry bear. “Hey buddy, want a berry? I’m sure you’re just hunger-” he had began when the Beartic would take a swipe at him. Ok, it was clearly moody, not just hungry. Not a good combination.

“Hangry it is” came the calm response as Lightning launched itself at the Beartic, afflicting it with Paralysis using Nuzzle upon contact. Josh wasted no time in tossing a ball at the creature.

Catching Beartic