2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 12:44:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had promised a fireworks show for the ages.

One would think they would maybe secure a spot in the lab when handling these dangerous materials. Instead, it was picturesque. Chu-e's home was a fifteen minute, for him, walk to the ocean and situated in the middle of a rolling field on Mossadeep. It was a ways walk from the city, sure, but the view was worth it. His backyard was vaguely fenced in, a concept of a fence, with a small patch of a garden sectioned off nearby. From his door a large tarp had been laid out, all the items needed for firework making laid out and labeled neatly.

At least he hoped. While Chu-e knew enough about making simple bombs, mostly pipe bombs, he didn't know too much about making fireworks. His free time the last few days had been doing research into what was needed and getting those items. He really hoped it lived up to the young girl's standards.

Snacks were sitting on his shaded patio table, canned juices in ice with finger sandwiches and cookies, made by his own hand, sitting next to them. A gaggle of felines, mostly Skitty, would follow her through the house and try to rub on her legs or plead for affection.

"I hope this is good enough." Was whispered, almost embarrassed, from the older man.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 20:04:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
nostalgia

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may deem as too little or not enough, Eris deems it way more than she's ever imagined. An idyllic home in the middle of a sprawling field, surrounded by flora with no other people for as far as the eye can see - She's immediately greeted with a sense of nostalgia, one so welcoming and overwhelming that she finds herself hesitating right at the doorstep.
[break][break]
"It's just like home..." The words slip off her tongue without a second thought, hands gripping tight to Reiner's mane as he gently urges her forward with a nudge. Everything feels so familiar, yet so strangely foreign at the same time: The materials used to make fireworks laid out on tarp, the scent of homemade cookies wafting through the air as she tries her best to identify the flowers grown.
[break][break]
"You have so many cats too..." Wistfulness is paired with a hint of mischief, her attention becoming rather sparse as she spreads it between the numerous felines, offering each one a good head rub and a scratch of the chin. "They're all really cute!" Being surrounded by a clowder of cats isn't a daily occurrence but it's one that she takes in stride, stroking Reiner's mane ever so often to comfort him as he swims through the crowd.
[break][break]
"It's way more than good enough!" She giggles, happy to embrace any Skitty that wanders close as she takes the time to truly soak in the atmosphere. "When you said we'd make fireworks together, I wasn't expecting all this!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 2:55:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
After receiving their attention, for the most part the Skitty and other felines would wander off after realizing they wouldn't be receiving any treats. Only Sprinkles, the only Shiny Skitty of the bunch, stays behind. Her orange tail swishes as she bats at Reiner's tail, not intimidated by the larger pokemon in the slightest.

"You'll have to show me how to do it the right way." Chu-e stepped onto the tarp and picked his way to a prime seat before flopping down. The plastic had warmed under the sunlight but wasn't uncomfortable. Picking up one of the various sizes of cardboard tubes he had picked up for this, the recommended kind of course, he flipped it in his hands. "I watched some people in videos and read some blogs, but it's never as good as learning from firsthand experience."
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 15:55:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[break]
nostalgia

They are no strangers to curious or daring pokemon - Though Reiner grunts at the Skitty's actions, he makes no move to bat it away, resigning himself to his fate as Eris muffles a snicker. It isn't hard to spare himself the troubles of babysitting another pokemon on top of his usual duties, it just gets a little too tedious for him for him to waster energy on it.
[break][break]
The spread of materials and equipment across the tarp calls to her like a batch of homemade honey cinnamon cookies, nostalgic and warm in her chest as she carefully looks through what's available. "For black powder, we'll need... potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur... 75, 15, 10." She takes to the set-up like a moth to candlelight, humming happily as she lifts the chemicals for Chu-e to see. "You usually need to add a little water and mix it thoroughly. And if you ground them properly, you'll get gunpowder and there'll be less smoke after the firework!"
[break][break]
Turning her attention to the metal salts, Eris carefully sifts through each one and picks out any lumps. "Strontium carbonate for red, calcium chloride for orange, sodium nitrate for yellow..." She stops there, turning her attention to the man with the widest smile on her face.
[break][break]
"What colour do you wanna see, Chu-e?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 22:32:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e knew the basics of what a lot of those things where just not how they could be used for this application. He does listen intently, some of it going over his head. It's worth it to see how delighted that is, to watch her bloom like a flower as she speaks about this subject she clearly loves.

"Pink is my favorite color. Can we do that one?" He picks up one of the minerals and examines it closely, as if trying to decipher it's secrets.

"What's your favorite color? We can do some of that, too." Honestly, this was more about what Eris wanted to make than what he wanted. As long as she was happy it would all work out.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 8:25:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[break]
nostalgia

Pink, huh? She supposes she should have seen it coming considering his horde of Skitties in the house!
[break][break]
"Strontium and potassium then..." Singling out the two minerals, she thinks long and hard about Chu-e's question, looking to Reiner for some spark of inspiration but not quite finding any. "Red maybe? Or yellow! Like electricity and fire! Purple is also really pretty... like the flowers that we used to have in the backyard!"
[break][break]
As she flows through the list, she's portioning the materials needed and looking over at her partner for this odd firework making session. "You said you knew a little bit about explosives... Do you work with them often?" Maybe he had used them in Kanto, maybe not. Regardless, the fate of that region is no longer within the League's hands. Nothing can be done to salvage it. At least, not from the outside.
[break][break]
"Pa used to rig some fake bombs and make me defuse it as a challenge! If it exploded, I'd have to clean the garage. But if I succeeded, he owed me a trip to the electronics store!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 10:29:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Do you know what kind of flowers they were?" He wondered if would be sad or happy if they could find some. Would the reminder of her old home warm her heart or break it? Would it be worth the risk of finding out?

He offers her whatever he thinks she might need, more the assistant today.

"Blowing something up is the easiest way to get attention." Or to move the playing field to your advantage in a fight. Or to take control of a town.... He didn't like to think about those last two parts anymore. "I still use them sometimes."

"Defusing would be a useful skill... but it sounds dangerous. I've never defused a bomb, just blown them up. You're real smart, you know that?"
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 8:02:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[break]
nostalgia

She's real smart... A lot of people have said that, but none have truly meant it. Disallowing her from working in the laboratories, paying no mind to the progress she makes on her experiments - She's getting somewhere but she doesn't know if it'll all be worth it in the end. Maybe in her eyes... but what about the others?
[break][break]
"Uhm... Camellias, wisterias... orchids... Sometimes, if we were lucky to talk to farmers, we'd get strawberry seeds and grape vines. Momma used to grow moonflowers and white egret orchids too."
[break][break]
Does she really want to see those flowers again? Does she want to sit through the heartache? Idle hands mix the chemicals and assemble the tubes with precision.
[break][break]
"Momma also said that white egret orchids means 'my thoughts will follow you into your dreams'. And sometimes, I think they really do."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 10:18:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"My family always had a lot of begonias around." The flower once made him think of Darkrai. Now it makes him think of . "My family used them for worship." Turning, he points to a pink-and-red set of flowers nearby, tastefully arranged. "I grow a bunch here." He usually slept with at least one under his pillow, so Chu-e needed to have a lot.

"We could add more flowers if you wanted. I never had much of a green thumb. My family grew vegetables... but they usually made me milk the Miltank or collect eggs from the Starly." Fond memories he didn't mind sharing.

"What do some of the other flowers mean? I don't know a lot about flower meanings."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 3:34:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[break]
nostalgia

"Worship?" Just like how Chu-e wishes to know more about her, Eris wishes to know more about him, as best as he's able to put things into words. "Momma was always a fanatic about legendary pokemon but pa usually told me to be careful around them. Never offer the gods your prayers or thanks too easily, he said. Mom thought he got duped by a Hoopa or something else when he was younger."
[break][break]
Of course, she doesn't mean to discredit faith. She merely thinks it strange and something she personally wouldn't dabble in.
[break][break]
"You lived on a farm or sorts? Pa always said that his family had a farm somewhere in Unova, but I never got the chance to visit. Not even in the summer! Mostly because both of them were busy... but summer was still fun in and of itself!" In her absentmindedness, she reaches for a chemical, only to have Reiner push her hand towards the right for another ingredient. Eris blinks once but doesn't quite resist the action, taking a moment to run through the steps before realising her mistake.
[break][break]
That probably wouldn't have ended up going well.
[break][break]
"Camellias meant love and affection, wisterias meant a long life and orchids meant strength in pa's eyes. Things that he wished for our family... Momma said that the moonflowers blooming at night was a beautiful and mysterious phenomenon, kind of like how the world would always have mysteries to explore no matter the time of day. I think she was kind of sleep-deprived when she told me that story though..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 23:20:59 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e listens to speak and nods along.

"Begonia petals under the pillow for The Shadow's Prince, fennel springs in the windows for The Moonlight's Princess." Was repeated, quiet, almost to himself before he glanced back over to Eris. "My parents were immigrants to Sinnoh from Johto. They worshiped Ho-Oh as the First Flame and creator. The place I grew up in, religion was very important, so we had to go to a Church of Arceus on Sundays so no one talked bad about us." He had gotten a taste of both religions, both important in their own ways, and yet that disconnect had made him not particularly attached to either.

"My mom would tell me and my brother stories about how Darkrai would only give nightmares to people who deserved them, to teach them lessons. Cresselia would give good dreams to those who needed them. They were both kind in her stories." And maybe that's why, after all this time, he still enjoyed them the most out of any of the stories.

For the most part, Chu-e is just watching Eris work. There isn't much he can do to help her without direct guidance, not wanting to blow either of them up by accident. He's just happy she's able to do what she likes.

"All those stories they told you, you should hold onto them as long as you can. They're more important than you think, even if you don't believe in them."
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 4:35:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[break]
nostalgia

The Shadow's Prince and the Moonlight's Princess... Darkrai and Cresselia really did have quite the beautiful titles. She's only ever seen Darkrai once at great Rocket meeting, but she's never truly understood anything about it. Just within her reach but not something she pursues, has she been distracted by others things in life?
[break][break]
"Momma never told me stories about Darkrai and Cresselia, but I think she'd love to hear them." Something new to bring to the memorial grounds, something precious that all of them held to heart - That ever-burning hope to know more about the world and its mysteries.
[break][break]
"I believe in all of them!" His words carry so much weight, similar to the burden she's been carrying for so long. "One of these days, I'm gonna follow in the trails of the legendaries and see them for myself."
[break][break]
Such pure determination... but would it last for long?
[break][break]
"And after I do, I'll come back to tell you stories about them too!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
for them, for you
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 5:10:17 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I would like that. All those legends and stories, no matter how fantastic, they all have a grain of truth, you know? And I bet, if you find them, and you make new stories, someday people might tell them about you."

And wouldn't that be something special? To be the story a mother tells her child as they go to sleep, hundreds of years from now?

But would that story be one of wonder or a cautionary tale?

"You should be careful, though. Not all of the pokemon from the stories end up being as kind as they're rumored, from what I've seen." While Chu-e had not met too many pokemon from Myth and Legend, the ones he had certainly weren't what he had expected.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,741 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
for them, for you
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 13:15:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

[break]
comfort...[break][break]

[break]
nostalgia

Making new stories that will be passed on... her heart quivers at the thought, then beats for none.
[break][break]
"Let the stories guide you, but never blind you to the truth! Or something like that! Page 6 of the Legendary Hunt!" She grins at the quote, bouncing a little with the sheer fervour that was packed into the sentence. Packing the tube and finishing the base of the fireworks is simple enough even as her thoughts run wild, a little nudge from Reiner reminding her to pass them over for finishing touch. "And if the truth isn't quite what you've known, then it's a truth that has yet to be written!"
[break][break]
A person who seeks the divine should look to their heart for answers that they can't seem to find. However, they won't get far without relying a little on their body and mind either. Be truthful, be kind but be smart in whatever you do - Words that have been left in the hopes that she'll one day carve a path for herself.
[break][break]
When Reiner pushes the rockets back to her, Eris smiles, taking them into her arms and grabbing a marker to scribble on the side.
[break][break]
"They're more or less ready to go! Now we just gotta wait until dark for it to be extra bright like the stars!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
for them, for you
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 7:18:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: