july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 4:42:51 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

it was surprisingly easy to become an entirely different person. add a little hair dye, some contacts, a handful of hair extensions and a smidge of blush. and wah-la! you're someone who people actually find approachable.

it disgusted natalie.

already a half-a-dozen people had given her friendly smiles, hellos, and the occasional wave. their constant need for human contact was a stain. but she had a roll to play. and that meant smiling.

natalie, in her rocket given persona of "casey farris", sat alone on a wooden bench. the sun above was uncomfortable on her pale skin and she had to resist scowling. the given instructions were precise. maintain your given persona at all costs and wait at this location.

she had been told that not just any person was going to accompany her here today, but an executive. the mission was important and required oversight. she was vague on the details, only, one of their own had been captured by league operatives. he had been taken here, to slateport, in one of their temporary bases set-up after the cities near-destruction.

the words still clear in her minds eye. eliminate at all costs. there will be no extraction upon failure. no wonder rocket had fallen in this region. they weren't exactly creative.

still she waited.

still she smiled.

this was going to be a long day.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 19:04:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Wigs were not uncommon. Lulu often preferred a disguise, even on top of the powers of stealth which she’d acquired from her connection with Darkrai.

Decisive, evenly placed steps clicked and saw her to the other side of the bench. “Good afternoon, Casey.” She began, and reached for a cigarette from within a pocket, crossing a leg casually as she did so. A silver flip-top lighter flashed in the sunlight. Smoke soon followed with a thick Galarian accent. “My name is Flint, but today, you’ll call me Lisa.” Gold frames were pushed up her nose.

“We’re rescuing one of our own, from the labs. Can’t mess it up. Don’t be afraid to take out any obstacles. Do as I say, and we’ll be fine.”

She handed over what looked to be an earbud and a small clip, likely containing a microphone. “Do you have any questions?”

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 20:13:30 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

natalie watches the woman out of the corner of her eye, meanwhile pretending to play a mobile game on her phone. when she says her cover name, there was no mistake. nat listens quietly, allowing the woman to finish her introductions. her relaxed demeanor told her, at least from natalie could tell, she wasn't being forced to come along.

so why had she?

"flint. a name i should've known before coming here, but there is not one peep of you in the community." an impressive feat, considering the constant need for validation those in their profession shared. "i've a great many questions for you. but none of them pressing." and all of them highly, highly secretive.

natalie reaches out to take both items from the other woman's hand, putting the earbud in one ear, and the clip in her hair on the other side. she gives lisa a look, lowering a small pair of rounded-framed sunglasses over her eyes.

"shall we?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 21:42:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu didn’t look over, her jaw angling a few degrees as she flicked ash off the end of her smoke. A comment wasn’t made in regards to her work. They’d have plenty of time to talk later.

“Certainly. Listen for my instructions.”

She raised from the bench, seeming to take a leave down an alleyway. There, a Noctowl was released, and its talons went for one security camera, and then another, and then another…

Lulu’s voice would be heard shortly in the small speaker. “The person we’re looking for: his name is Siegfried. Purple hair. Teenager. Probably scared shitless. He’s in the makeshift interrogation room in the northwest end of the building, likely with two detectives.”

She rounded the corner of the newly unmonitored perimeter, catching a guard on his smoke break out back. Still out of his earshot, she continued with instructions. “You’ll go in the west door and create a diversion for the security at that end, while I take care of cameras. It’ll only take me a minute. We’ll meet at the room, take care of the detectives, and TELEPORT out.”

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 5:10:11 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

despite not used to following directions, natalie nods. she leaves less than a minute after lulu, moving towards a different route. she was outwardly calm, but couldn't suppress the thrill that threatened to burst from her veins.

natalie rounds a corner herself, finding the aforementioned door lulu mentioned. security camera's monitor the league members that enter and exit freely. she eyes the metal detector and guards stationed nearby, an idea forming.

she listens though, as the instructions come; the descriptions. natalie turns her back to look into a small mirror and 'check her make-up.' emerald hues ensuring she isn't approached.

"and if he's already talked?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 7:17:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Then he’s lived an unfortunately short life.” She paused on the other end a moment, for another couple of steps before continuing. “He’ll be punished either way, Casey. That’s not our job here today.” It wasn’t the place for it. He’d be tortured well enough to spill exactly what he’d told them, if anything. Sometimes such a thing took a while.

“I’ll see you inside.” She slipped into a shadow, following the man as he re-entered the building. Her form was unseen as it warped and shrank beneath objects, until she’d located the surveillance room and rose from her hiding place with a hand over someone’s mouth. “Shh.”

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 7:51:06 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

natalie shrugs, though it's imperceptible to the other woman. at least, she believed it to be. the fate of some kid who got in a little over his head was inconsequential. she was just a little curious is all.

natalie moves a bit further in the alleyway and away from prying eyes as she prepares.

she reaches into her bag and dabs at water with her fingers, running it over her eyes and make-up, smearing it. her hands go up, tossing and disheveling her hair. natalie then reaches down and removes a shoe, tossing it further down the aisle while tearing one of the strings of her top. lastly, she places her hands on the dirty, disgusting ground and rubs some of the grime and asphalt into her skin.

one mugged woman coming right up.

with emmy award winning skills, she rounds the corner, half-limping, half-running- full screaming. "help! oh my god please help me! i was just attacked!"

two men break off from the security detail, running with a fervor she's rarely seen. they push past her and into the alleyway. a woman, older, with crows feet and coffee stained teeth approaches. natalie forces her body to shake. not a difficult task, with the adrenaline coursing through her.

with the sympathy of the crowd on her side, she's ushered past the checkpoint and led further in. worried murmurs linger among the crowd, but her eyes focus on only one thing.

"p-please, the bathroom."

the older woman complies, guiding her by shoulder to the bathroom. she's kind; offering words of encouragement in natalie's ear. she almost feels bad for what happens next.

once they're both inside natalie reaches into her bag, pulling out a small vial that she uncorks. leaning into her role, she tosses her arms around the older woman, sobbing. as she does so, she pours the STUN SPORE down her shirt. the results are nearly instant and the old woman locks up in her grasp.

in the next two minutes natalie is able to successfully drag the woman to a stall, change into a secondary outfit, remove her wig and put on an even larger set of sunglasses.

"oh my gosh the poor thing! she's going to need some time." her words echo as she leaves, a small group of on-lookers standing by. mostly men. always men. like the need to play the hero was instilled in their dna.

finally, natalie moves to a door at the end of the lobby, the older woman's badge in hand.

"i'm on my way now," she says under her breathe, likely barely audible to the other woman.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 8:39:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“I want you to cut the cameras here—and here… here...” When the man began to protest lightly, her nails dug into the sides of his face. From a capsule, a Lunatone appeared beside them. “I’m not going to ask twice, mm?”

The security watchman complied after a moment—and not before Lulu was able to glimpse their target, as predicted, with the two detectives. Lulu wouldn’t witness Natalie’s skill and strategy, keeping ahead of the woman on her own task in order to evade the creation of video evidence altogether.

She waited for Natalie’s voice to come in. “Good.” She responded.

Lulu released the guard in her hands, him having succumbed to both the Lunatone’s CONFUSION and her own HYPNOSIS.

They would meet at the door. She regarded the woman’s new disguise briefly. “Let’s see how you do it.” Natalie was allowed first entrance. Her superior wanted a demonstration of her abilities, having not caught whatever she’d already just managed in such little time.

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 16:58:56 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

with a casual swipe of the other woman's badge, she's in.

a cool breeze pushes past, but she quickly closes the door behind her, removing a specially designed vial containing her arbok's GASTRIC ACID and pouring it on the lock and handle.

no one would be coming through here.

the hallway was decently sized, an L shape that turned to the left. four doors total lined the walls. one of them would likely hold her target. one or two bodies moved behind the frosted glass of the doors, their shadows momentarily visible before moving away.

she'd have to play this just right.

"how close are you?" she whispered into the ear piece, unaware of the test currently underway for her.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 23:54:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Lunatone would be the first to come around the corner, red eyes still glowing.

Lulu herself appeared out of the shadow of one of the walls beside Natalie, still watching for her to enter the room. “Wherever I need to be.” The smallest smile was given and the corners of her amber eyes cut only so in a way which was clearly developing an assessment. “Go ahead.”

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 4:22:49 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

"arceus fuck." natalie swears, hand flying to her chest. "someone should really put a damn bell on you." she takes a deep breathe, getting her nerves under control. she was aware this was a rocket executive. but did they really need to go around boogey-manning like that?

natalie resists the toxicity that threatens to seep into her next words. "going solo. got it." there was something about being tested she didn't like. she understood it. just didn't like it. at all.

"let's do this the easy way," she spits, tongue tracing a line over her teeth in annoyance. natalie brings out her roserade, jade, who eyes lulu with a trace of arrogance. that is until she picks up on a strange feeling emanating from the woman and quickly looks away.

"paralyze each room simultaneously," she orders. the roserade moves to obey. four tendrils, similar to vines, extend to the bottom of each of the doorways. at their ends, a small bud opens and golden STUN SPORE begins to fill the rooms. there's a shout. two. then silence.

"we'll give it a minute," natalie says to lulu, back to her. last thing they needed was to get paralyzed too.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 6:29:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
There was no answer at first.

Natalie would not be alone. This woman was valued. A test, and her the interest which had derailed her from her work was not a common occurrence. She could have entrusted this mission to someone else. With her powers, she was best for it, but that didn’t outcount the abilities of others within Rocket.

Their power and gall had been growing.

The woman’s bite was a taste to be enjoyed. She didn’t respect most enough to accept it with such benevolence, but in the face of another woman of science, Lulu found a level of tolerance she didn’t offer most. Perhaps, it was the mirror.

She assessed all the while.

Every room was attacked by the Roserade’s STUN SPORE, for good measure. Paralysis was a good route. Noted.

Eyes looked back at the woman, the smallest smile creeping on her face, drawn collaboratively between mystery and patience.

Sure.

close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
facades | m
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 7:21:42 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar

natalie waits in silence. it wasn't the uncomfortable kind. at least to her. still, she felt the prickling of eyes watching her, a instinctual response at the base of her neck that sent the small hairs standing. the other woman's abilities were of keen interest to natalie, the least of that interest deriving itself from fear. she just needed to make sure she had the chance to expand on that interest.

she would allow professor flint her moment in the sun-or rather, the shadows- if only to satisfy her curious itch.

after a sufficient amount of time, natalie checked her watch. she didn't speak, deciding it best to simply act as if she were alone than rely on help that might not come. she checked the first room. a bathroom. some poor sod wore his pants around his ankles, hand gripping his male anatomy with a grip that was not healthy.

any luck and the spores will be out of his system in time to save a thing or two.

she checked the next. empty.

the next, a small room with a massive one-way mirror. on the other side of it were three figures. two were slumped in their chairs. a bald, dark-skinned man sitting across from a purple haired, youth-faced brat. natalie had half a mind to kill him here for simply making her work this hard. she sighed irritantly, moving out and into the interrogation room. the third man, was chubbier and with visible male-pattern baldness. he lie slumped against the wall. fresh coffee stains on his shirt likely the reason his eyes were bloodshot and bulging. the pain must've been insufferable. she gave them both amused winks, their eyes struggling to follow her retreating form, trapped in their own bodies.

the young man was heavy, but not something she couldn't handle. it helped he didn't struggle, too. still, she didn't leave the work all for herself. returning the roserade to her capsule, she released the arbok. the poison-type's massive tail COILING around his limp body, bringing it with them.

"shall we go?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,383 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
facades | m
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 7:42:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu watched from shadow. Everyone was PARALYZED, except for the new scientist, handling the situation without a hitch.

One last thing was necessary before the leave. While the detectives were unable to fight back, they still had a story to tell. The Lunatone, which had followed into the room after Natalie, possessed a glow from its eyes which had grown much more vibrant. A wave of CONFUSION, visible in its billowing blossom, hit all those who were not the chemist—even the target of their rescue.

He would likely wake up in binds, later. This was for the best.

HYPNOSIS was the final attack, still to all three. The young Rocket slumped in the Arbok’s hold. When all was still, except for her new cohort, Lulu reappeared from shadow. A Gardevoir was retrieved from a capsule within her pocket.

“Yes. Let's go.”

The Gardevoir reached out for the ensnaring cobra, while Lulu’s hand went for its shoulder. It looked expectantly at Natalie. All aboard, to TELEPORT back to base.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
facades | m
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 22:17:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: