2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:24:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
On the beach of Slateport, under a large pawprint-shaped beach umbrella, sitting on a giant pink and cream blanket, Chu-e lamented.

"I made too much food!"

His cries were loud and stressed. The picnic baskets, two of them!, he had brought were BURSTING with handmade food. And it was good food, thank you, he just had the habit of cooking much like his mother had- over-stuff everyone around you.

He had also planned a date with but sadly the other man had gotten pulled away on some mission last minute.

Now he needed some HELPFUL PEOPLE to help him eat it all so it didn't go to waste.

@tadashiootori
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:31:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
Panic and the Picnic Mission
Deciding that his last venture on the beach hadn’t gone exactly as planned when Cassio and Nanghi decided to have it out against the Whimsicott he had captured that day, Tadashi wanted to try again and have a nice time at the beach to enjoy the sun and the weather while it was getting into summer time.
Tadashi was walking along the beach edge with Cassio beside him and Ostinato who was tapping around with his shell in his paws, but the Oshawott immediately was drawn to the delectable scent of way too many different kinds of food for it to go ignored. Tadashi too stopped for a moment, he could smell it all coming over the crisp open breezes, and he wondered was there a food cart around, or a little truck that had stopped off somewhere? He was definitely down for some good food, it was just about lunch time after all. What he heard next though was a bit surprising, the voice coming from the same direction the smells were coming from, someone was seriously upset over making too much food, and it was easy to tell in their distressed tone.
[break]
Ostinato was the first to start leading the way, rude or not, he wanted some of this extra food, and Tadashi just had to follow because his Pokemon was running off. He couldn’t necessarily see if this was in fact some kind of food cart or otherwise, but he could at least make out the shape of a figure, likely the voice that had called out.
”Uh… Uhm,” he stammered for a moment, how was this not supposed to be awkward? Ostinato was helping as he called out, holding out his shell like a plate for some food to take.
[break]
”Are you like selling food? It all smells really good…,”

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:35:09 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

That was a very loud cry indeed. And that cry had gotten the attention of two little four-year-olds that were very used to having mommy prepare a feast during picnics. She was busy on duty today though, and daddy had taken them onto a picnic to get them out in the fresh air after he had been so busy himself lately. He considered himself a decent cook, but the ability of Izumi made him look like a chump in comparison. So when someone shouted, and then the smell of homemade baked goods radiated? Well, it made the two children very jittery.

So he took them both by the hands as Josh approached the screamer in turn.

"I concur with the young man, are you selling? I think my kids here have a bit of a hankering."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:39:14 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Oh? Oh oh? What was this? A group of helpful folks looking to help him with his problem?

"It's absolutely free." Already, he was opening baskets and handing out food and dishware to anyone who wanted to partake- be it children, pokemon, or even the adults themselves.

"My boyfriend couldn't make it and I don't want to carry all this home. Help me." It was almost a plead.

The food was fresh and delectable- mostly Johto style food. The savory stuff would have a spicy kick but wasn't too strong. The sweets were sticky and warm.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:43:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
Free food? What a heck of a day to be walking around the beach, it seemed that his luck was turning around after getting clocked by his own umbrella the last time he’d come by the beach. Tadashi couldn’t help but smile at the fortune of it.
Ostinato took a heaping helping onto his shell for both himself and Cassio to share, the otter was delighted and elated at his goodies that he got!
[break]
”Oh, uh wow, okay. I mean, I’m sorry that he couldn’t show, that’s a bummer… But offering out your food is a big thanks for sure,” Tadashi thanked, and Cassio helped him out by grabbing a plate up in his maw to help Tadashi get started.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:47:09 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

It was free? Fishy... Josh took a long sniff. He knew poisons and such on the spot. They didn't appear to be poisoned. Was this person actually sincere? The whole thing was sketchy to someone who had seen a hundred sketchy things. But he supposed with the technology now, they could certainly deal with poison if it came to it. Josh had been poisoned before, after all. The kids were his concern, though. While it was possible they'd survive, well... While he didn't say it, or show these feelings aloud. If something happened to these two innocent little souls, Josh would personally bludgeon the one responsible to death, and damn the consequences.

But the sight of the food made him laugh, at least.

"Of course" he remarked with an amused smile. "Now I understand what was setting them off. Mums specializes in Johtoian foods. She couldn't make it for the picnic today and I think they miss her picnic cooking."

With that, he lowered his head slightly in thanks, letting Tadashi give the condolences for the both of them. His boyfriend's loss was their gain, it seemed. "Zack, Ly, say thank you before you start on a plate" he brought up to the two kids who had been staring down the food. The kids almost quietly thanked him before they began setting up their plates. Josh chuckled a bit at that. "Thank you for this. May I get your names?"

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:53:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"He's fine! Just had some surprise stuff happen at work." Chu-e does give a little sigh at that, though. Shame.

When everyone else seems to have their food, he plucks up his own plate and serves himself last. Needed to be polite, after all. Thankfully for Josh, Chu-e was being straight laced. No harm would come to the kids- other than maybe a tummy ache if they ate too much. He, personally, reviled people who would harm children, especially young ones. He had seen enough of that to put his foot down about preventing it.

"Oh! Yeah, sorry, I was so excited about offloading this I completely forgot." Chu-e laughed to himself. "I'm Ji-Hoon Ki! Nice to meet you all. And thanks for the help!"

Another small grin.

"Usually when I have extra I feed it to my pokemon. My Skitty are getting kind of plump, though, so...."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:59:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
The water type that had helped himself to a shell full of food was already chowing down and absolutely loving it all, he would definitely need to go back and grab a little bit more if he could. All of them being from Unova, and having only been to this region since, there was nothing like this food that he could ever remember them having before, it was amazing!
Taking his first bite of the food, Tadashi too was just as enthralled as the otter was, it was truly a great experience for his taste buds getting to try something new.
”Oh well good, glad that he’s at least okay,” Tadashi agreed, surely not wishing ill will on a stranger he’d never even met before.
[break]
”It’s nice to meet you Ji-Hoon! I’m Tadashi, and that’s Ostinato there. This is Cassio,” Tadashi greeted, smiling beneath his pale eyes as he glanced in the general direction of each of the voices he could hear.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:13:20 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Zack and Lyra had quickly stacked their plates with all the food they could, to the point that Josh had to stop them at one point because it wasn't fair to the other young man, not to mention if they ate too much, they'd get a tummyache. And Izumi would kill him if he came home with two sick kids.

Well at least it seemed the boyfriend situation was good. He did feel bad for this suspicious, food-giving stranger, even if he wasn't the most adept at showing it. With their permission, he also let the Raichu and Espurr that had been with him and the kids eat. "It's good to meet you, Ji-Hoon, Tadashi, Ostinato, Cassio" Josh greeted curtly in turn. "My name is Josh. This is Zack and Lyra, my kids. The Pokemon are Lightning and Amblin."

The Pokemon were gluttons themselves and were happy to help themselves. Josh let the others grab their plates first before starting on his own.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:25:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh, Electric types! I don't have too many of those. But I do have a cute Pichu and a Vaporeon. Those are kind of the same, right?" He laughed to himself again at his own dumb joke. Actually, he wondered if his Pichu would like playing with the kids....

Testing this, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a Love Ball- the Pichu was sitting there soon enough, rubbing his eyes. He was a nervous little thing, but he perked up when Chu-e offered him a bit of food. Then he gravitated to the children, trying to cuddle both of them at the same time. He loved kids!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:34:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
Having had the idea that he was going to grab more food, Ostinato was sitting there staring at his shell now, wondering if that was even a possibility now, he hadn’t realized he’d guzzled down what he’d gotten and eaten more than his fill way faster than he thought. Maybe he’d wait a couple minutes, and if there was still food left, he’d grab a little bit more? Yeah, yeah, he could do that without feeling more sick…
[break]
”Electric types are pretty cool, Cassio is an awesome companion to have,” Tadashi commented about Ji’s lack of electric types, he couldn’t imagine, how different things would be if Cassio were a different type maybe?
[break]
While he couldn’t necessarily see even the shapes of the Pokemon that Josh had introduced, Tadashi was just trying to learn more recognition and species names as he could.
”What kind of Pokemon are those, Josh,” he asked, wondering out loud.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:38:09 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh looked to Tadashi's Pokemon with interest. An Oshawott and a Jolteon? He remembered when his own Samurott had ben that small. It felt like a lifetime ago at this point. He laughed a bit at Chu's remark about their own electric types... Though wasn't Vaporeon a water type? "I essentially grew up with this one right here" he brought up as he motioned to the Raichu that was presently stuffing itself. "Lightning's been with me for nearly two decades now. He's an old hand, you could say."

Funny that he spoke like he was so old, when he was barely any older than Chu themselves. But being a father did make you seem older, huh? But Chu soon brought out their own Pichu, which caught the attention of Lightning. The Raichu's cheeks sparked as he peered at the Pichu curiously, though he soon after couldn't resist the allure of food and went back to stuffing himself.

Tadashi asked about his Pokemon. "Oh! Lightning is a Raichu. Amblin is an Espurr."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:47:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Pichu did seem a bit intimidated by Lightning- since it was such a larger, older, and stronger pokemon. Thankfully the Raichu seemed more interested in the food but it didn't stop the Pichu from trying to hide behind the children.

"He's shy! Ah, my Meowstic just had an Espurr kitten! I adopted her from the Mauville shelter and got him as a little bonus, you could say." He hadn't expected Witchie to be pregnant but who could resist such a cute little face? Plus, his house was basically a feline heaven anyway at this point.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:54:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
As much as the otter did want more of that amazing food, he just couldn’t bring himself to do it, he was so much more full than he thought he would be, which was such a darn shame considering how delicious his shell full had been to chow down on. Oh well, at least he got to experience it the one time, maybe Tadashi would run into this human again sometime and they could have more food?
[break]
”Thanks so much for the food, really, it was super great. And super cool of you to serve it out, this was such a neat impromptu picnic,” Tadashi complimented, he couldn’t believe how simple it was to just sit down and have a meal with a couple of kind strangers and it all just felt so normal.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
we NYOOM
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:57:20 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"That's adorable. I'm glad you were able to give them a home" Josh remarked to Chu with a gentle smile as he then motioned to Lightning. "I understand shyness too. This one over here was shy, once. He's more outgoing now, though... Not so much when food is involved."

There really were a lot of Pokemon around, weren't there? It was a little hard to keep track, and even Josh's observation on the Pokemon that Tadashi had were just a guess as well. This had become a melting pot of adults, children and Pokemon. And food. To the point that Josh couldn't even keep up. The food was great though. "My compliments to the chef" he remarked with a slight grin, a cheeky one at that. Well, at least he was coming out of his shell a bit. It took him a bit when his kids were involved.

Speaking of the kids, they were still plugging away. Josh still couldn't believe how much the two of them put away, and he shook his head. "Your mother has prepared you for this moment, I see" he muttered with a small laugh. But eventually the kids were finally stuffed. And soon fell asleep alongside the Raichu and Espurr, who had also eaten their fill and fallen asleep. It was just one big pile of sleeping children and Pokemon.

Josh pulled down his sleeve and pulled up a photography app on the HoloWatch. A holographic interface came up, and Josh angled the interface until he was able to get the most adorable picture of the pile before snapping it, and a few photos from different angles just to be safe. "And that is going to your mother."

The food was soon cleaned up, and with that, he supposed he should probably take the sleeping kids and get them home. "It was really cool of you to feed the kids and us all, you have my thanks" he spoke with a gentle smile.

@tag

-Notes-