Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rowan Wrynn vs Chu-e Choi (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 4:46:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Hope you’re ready, Ji-hoon.” A public setting would mean that Rowan had to use their public identity, which wasn’t difficult considering that was how they originally met. “I’m not going to hold back.” Rowan offered a teasing smirk, knowing that the underboss wouldn’t as well. “I’ll even pick first.”

Plucking a Pokeball from his waist, Rowan tossed out his Seismitoad. “Heket is strong, so you better pick someone good.” He was confident, he always was. Rowan had gotten stronger since becoming a member of Team Rocket, his Pokemon were trained and ready to take on all comers.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 5:30:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

This heat was going to kill him.

Chu-e also hoped it didn't kill his choice in pokemon.

A Love Ball was tossed out, revealing an imposing and mighty equine- the Galastier exuded a chill that made Chu-e shiver even from where he was standing. At least if he lost he could still rely on Glacie to keep his cool.

"Same to you! Thanks for the battle."

Looking around at the small crowd, not too many since they were both nobodies and this was a big tournament, he still felt a little thrill.

"First move to you! Make it count!"

Glacie whinnied loudly and braced herself.

- Sent out Glacie!
- Allowed the first move

njRnn_U3
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 5:44:33 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“First move, huh?” Rowan was slightly surprised that they wanted to hand the advantage over to him, but he wasn’t about to argue with the opportunity. “Heket, show them your voice.”

The Seismitoad inhaled a deep breath before letting out an ear splitting noise that crescendoed through the arena, intending to envelop Glastrier within the Supersonic. “Should have mentioned bringing ear plugs, I guess!” Rowan shouted over the noise, a sly smirk spread over his lips.

x4sagR94

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:22:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The supersonic shriek catches Chu-e as off-guard as it does Glacie. Chu-e doesn't usually deal with this type of stuff- his Fairy pokemon and mastery of Terrain usage meant he didn't often have to deal with it, Misty Terrain preventing the effect by offering a clear head.

Glacie, unused to battling, can feel it throbbing in her skull.

"Beat the shit out of that frog, Glacie!" Chu-e calls out, laughing.

Glacie surges forward, eyes swimming, before raising up on her front legs to try and slam down on the Seismitoad with a Stomp

- Glacie was confused!
- Glacie wasn't confused this round! (pilo rolled for me lol)
- Glacie used Stomp!
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 7:51:25 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Hell yeah.” Rowan cheered on the Seismitoad as Glastrier became noticeably disoriented by the screeching sound that was being emitted. “Sorry, Ji-hoon.” Confidence was beginning to take over as he knew the Pokemon would likely be too confused to retaliate. “Huh?”

An eyebrow arched as the legend surged forward for an attack, stomping on the Seismitoad with an icy hoof. “Damn.” Heket stumbled backwards from the attack, preparing one of her own. “Drain Punch, get some health back.” She reared a closed fist backwards before striking at the Glastrier with a strange punch, drawing in some of their life energy to replenish her own health.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 8:14:40 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Glacie reared back, a furious neighing as she kicked her front legs to try and regain her balance. That had hurt!

She landed back down, still wobbling. Turning quick, she tried to line up for a Double Kick with her hind legs. Given her wobbly nature, though, she tipped over and lost her balance. The slam on the ground hurt and she had to sit there in a dazed stupor for a few moment to try and figure out what had just happened.

"It's okay, girl! You got this!"

- Glacie used Double Kick!
- Glacie hurt herself in confusion instead!
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 20:29:02 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan winced as he watched the Glastrier hurt themselves in confusion, a particularly difficult sight to behold even if it was an enemy Pokemon. “Oof…” He almost felt bad for wanting to follow up with another attack, but he wasn’t about to go soft and offer an opening to his opponent. “Make things messy, Heket.”

The Seismitoad inhaled once more before expelling a disgusting deluge of Muddy Water from her mouth, attempting to drown the Glastrier out with the stream. A few onlookers grimaced and groaned as they were stuck in the splash zone, their clothes covered in grime now. “Sorry!”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 4:21:55 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Don't apologize! Their own fault for standing in the splash zone!" He couldn't help but laugh a bit at the misery of the watchers even if they gave him nasty looks for it. What could he say? Rule one of watching a battle was keeping a safe distance!

"Glacie, you got this, girl. Hit 'em hard!" Even after being doused in the dirty water, Glacie still forced herself to her feet again. She was dripping and soaked. After a moment, the water on her body and around her began to harder into sheets of ice- lining up the best she could with the Seismitoad, she reared up and stomped on the ice. The ice jutted upwards from the ground in a sharp wave, her Avalanche boosted up and ready to fuck up the other pokemon's day.

- Hit by Muddy Water
- Still Confused (didn't hurt self, thorn rolled!)
- Used a boosted Avalanche (boosted from being hit)
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 22:38:33 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Heket wasn’t fast enough to be able to dodge the impending avalanche, only able to throw her arms up in defense as the wave of ice crashed forcefully into her body, knocking her backwards onto the ground. “You got this, Heket!” The Seismitoad huffed as she pushed herself up from the ground, seemingly even more determined to defeat the Glastrier after taking such a powerful attack from them.

“We need to slow this horse down.” Rowan called out towards Heket, receiving a nod of agreement in return. A large bulge appeared in the Seismitoad’s throat as she stared down the Glastrier, something working its way up her esophagus. “BLURRG!” Rowan winced slightly as Heket regurgitated the large wad of mud into the palm of her hand, before slinging the slimy ball directly towards Glacie.

Heket used Mud Shot on Glacie!
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 0:36:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Glacie tried to dodge out of the way but that confusion hit hard. She wobbled on the ice, despite her hooves being made for it. The Mud Shot knocked her over, leaving her on her side. Her vision wobbled and she tried to stand.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 5:33:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Press the attack, Heket.” Rowan didn’t feel good about attacking the Glastrier when it was already struggling, but he wasn’t about to risk losing the battle by gaining a conscience. “Drain Punch!” Once more the energy gathered around the Seismitoad’s fist, surging forward and looking to slam the punch into them the same as before.

However something was different this time, there was a transfer of something venomous as a secretion from Heket’s skin poisoned the Glastrier thanks to the effect of Poison Touch.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 5:37:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
That last hit with the Poison was one too many. Chu-e winced and called his pokemon back.

"I concede!" He sighed, looking over the pokeball before tucking it away, raising a hand in the air. He tried to cross the field, skipping over pucks of leftover ice and mud. "Come shake my hand, Rowrow." One hand on a hip, the other was stuck out, waiting for his sportsmanlike after-match shake.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:00:38 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“You think I wouldn’t shake your hand?” Rowan smiled and stepped across the battlefield to accept the shake of sportsmanship. “I’m just thrilled I managed to defeat a legendary Pokémon with only a Seismitoad.” Heket grunted slightly at the implication, forcing Rowan to reach up and pat her between the warts.

“You did great, I’m sorry.” She seemed to forgive him, and was soon returned to the comfort of her Pokeball. “Thanks for the battle, Ji-hoon.” A small wink was given at the use of his civilian name. “What are you doing now?”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:11:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e grins when he taps his hands with 's, grip strong for his weak frame.

"Glacie is a legendary?" This was news to Chu-e. He just thought she was a weird horse.

"More battles! This seems like a good chance to use some of my less trained pokemon to give them some experience." He was also, technically, scouting for strong trainers. Admittedly, Chu-e wasn't taking that as serious. "What about you? Going to kick more ass?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:19:00 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“As much ass as I can possibly kick.” Rowan looked at the schedule on his phone, letting out an exasperated chuckle. “Guess I’ll have to ice my foot because I have nine other battles scheduled.” This tournament was going to exhaust him, but Rowan wanted to prove he was a viable trainer with the skills to compete.

“I know what you mean though, it gives some of my other Pokémon more experience. Strengthens our bonds, and I am enjoying myself.” Getting to meet new people was only a bonus, especially when there was connections to be forged.