Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rowan Wrynn vs Eva Morales (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:29:33 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

As Rowan continued to take on all challengers, he found that there was no shortage of battles being thrown his way. If he didn’t have so many Pokemon, then this might have been an overwhelming experience to say the least. “Hey there, you must be Eva.” Rowan approached the female opponent, holding a hand out towards her in greeting. “Nice to meet you, I’m Rowan.” With pleasantries out of the way, he stepped towards his side of the arena and looked around for where his Pokémon had gone.

“Arachne, come on out.” Upon hearing the voice of their trainer, the Araquanid burrowed out of her nesting place in the sand. “Up here, you can make a nest later.” Begrudgingly, the Pokémon skittered her way onto the battlefield, awaiting to see what challenge would be offered. “I’ll let you go first, Eva.”

8bK1CoLW
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 6:53:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva was excited to participate in such a large, exciting event. She was a little late to the party (busy, busy at work) but hopefully it would be a fun distraction from the stress that weighed heavy on her shoulders, “Oh hey!” she greet Rowan with a bright smile. She was looking very beachy in a yellow bikini with short jean shorts. Eva took Rowan’s hand for a firm shake, “It’s nice to meet you! I’m Eva! Looking forward to a great battle!” she confirmed with a nod, moving to her end of the arena.

“Alright, Summer! Let’s show em what you got!” A Bellossom jumped towards the center of the arena, swaying her skirt gently in the ocean breeze. The contest winner pokemon was excited to display her competence in a battle, “Alright, thanks! Start it out, Summer!” the doctor commanded. With a curt nod, the Bellossom stretched her hands up towards the sky. The already blue sky pushed the few white clouds away. The bright sun began to shine even brighter, the SUNNY DAY bearing down on the battlefield below. The Bellossom’s CHLOROPHYLL hungrily drank in the energy, giving her a little boost for battle.

Sunny Day (1/5)

IcMjJox9

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 19:19:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A hand raised to cover his eyes from the sudden brightness brought on by Sunny Day, wishing that he’d brought along some sunglasses. She’d taken her first turn to set the Pokemon up for success, and Rowan intended on doing the same. “Arachne, open your nest.” The Araquanid drove her legs into the sand and revealed a clutch of premature Dewpider eggs that had been buried underneath.

Fledgling insects burst from the eggs and leapt onto the Bellossom, afflicting them with Infestation. Plants hated nothing more than being rife with invasive insects, and he was counting on that to both damage and throw off his opponent.

Infestation (1/5)

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 22:34:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva grinned as she watched the little bugs explode form the ground and rush towards Summer. The Bellossom, on the other hand, was not grinning. She chirped in surprise as they began to crawl all over her sensitive petals, “Oooo tricky! I like it!” Eva complimented Rowan from across the battle field, “Relax, Summer! Shake ‘em off with a STUN SPORE,”

Stun spore? Summer blinked curiously. It’s not something they had practiced before but she trusted Eva’s judgement. She was a doctor, after all!

The Bellossom shook her flowers, tensing at the sting of bug bites riddling her body. A fine yellow powder began to rain down her body. The STUN SPORE was aimed to paralyze the bugs infesting her body. Might not get rid of all of them but it would lessen the blow! The sting began to subside and the Bellossom rolled around in the coarse sand to scrape the paralyzed Dewpider off her. She rose back to her full height, stiff, but the sun’s warm energy would quickly loosen er back up.

Sunny Day (2/5)

Summer uses STUN SPORE and ROLLS AROUND to rid herself of the INFESTATION

Summer is partially paralyzed!
It will wear off quickly with CHLOROHPYLL + SUNNY DAY!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 21:32:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Interesting.” Rowan commented with an impressed tone as she used Stun Spore on her own Pokémon in order to remove the threat of Arachne’s infestation. “That was a smart move, nice job.” She deserved the compliment, at the very least.

“Go ahead, Arachne.” Rowan could sense the anticipation of his Araquainid and decided to let her loose, watching as she lunged forward towards Summer. Once she was on top of the Bellossom, she didn’t waste any time attempting to sink her fangs into the succulent plant.

Arachne used Lunge on Summer!
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 16:57:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Thanks!” Eva responded with a bright smile, “Creativity is a trainer’s best friend!” extensive medical knowledge of pokemon and years of experimenting with status conditions helped too.

”Bell!” The grass-type calls out painfully as the Araqanid LUNGES towards her. Despite the speed boost from Sunny Day, the Bellossom is slower as a result of her own mild paralysis. The bug-type attack strikes true and the small pokemon is pushed back into the sand. As resilient as she is, the Bellossom is quick to hop back up on her feet as the CHLOROPHYLL helps keep the paralysis at bay. Her small arms stretched forward, focused on the life force that coursed through the Araqanid. She attempts to grab a hold of it tightly and consume it hungrily with MEGA DRAIN.

Sunny Day (3/5)

Summer is hit with LUNGE (-1 Attack)!
Summer uses MEGA DRAIN!
Paralysis wears off!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:46:39 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Bellossom kept the Araquanid close and that was exactly where the Pokémon wanted to be, prompting a confident smirk to stretch across Rowan’s lips. “Don’t let them drain you for free.” Arachne was aware of what was being asked and she didn’t have any qualms about countering their Mega Drain with a move of their own.

Summer could feel the fangs dig deeper into her, beginning to drain sustenance from her body with Leech Life. A trade of health was given, and ultimately the Bellossom came out ahead, but the Araquanid wasn’t nearly as drained as she would have been without draining her own piece of the Pokémon.

Arachne used Leech Life on Summer!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 21:43:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The sun warmed up her muscles, the CHLOROPHYLL soaking it up and redistributing the energy appropriately through it. In combination with the Mega Drain, Summer felt like a whole new Bellossom!

Another sharp cry of pain escaped the Bellossom as the LEECH LIFE sank into her delicate grassy flesh. She needed to get away from this bug. A burst of pale-yellow spores exploded from the flowers on top of her head. The STUN SPORE dispersed, aimed for the Araquanid as it pulled back from the Leech Life. In an attempt to put space between, Summer dashed to the side behind the sticky spores of her attack as partial cover.

Sunny Day (4/5)

Summer is hit with LEECH LIFE!
Summer uses STUN SPORE and dashes away!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 2:24:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Arachne, come back!” Rowan was able to see that Bellossom was about to release another batch of spores, and hoped there was enough time to allow them to retreat. “Damn!” The Araquanid was too slow to release her grip on the Pokémon, seeing that she was already covered in the yellow powder.

“No worries, wash it off before the spores take hold!” As Arachne went to move with the intention of using Liquidation, the effect of the powder took over on her body. Rowan watched as she stood in place, convulsing slightly and unable to move.

Arachne is paralyzed and cannot move!
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 3:54:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A puff of pale yellow, sticky spores explodes from the Bellossom’s flowers. It disperses, settling on the Araquanid. The trainer tries to sue a similar tactic to Eva and wash the spores off before their effect can take hold. Unfortunately, the bug is too late and paralysis grips it’s limbs.

Summer watches with a small smile from her safe distance away. The grass-type doesn’t enjoy watching another struggle but battle is battle and thought must be wiped from her mind. She uses the opportunity to replenish more of her own health by reaching out towards the opponent with another MEGA DRAIN. The bright sun begins to fade back to normal.

Sunny Day (5/5)

Summer uses MEGA DRAIN
SUNNY DAY has worn off!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 22:24:31 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Snap out of it, Arachne!” Rowan couldn’t do anything except call out towards the Araquanid, unable to step in without violating the rules of their Pokemon battle. A few moments passed before the Pokemon was able to shake off the Paralysis that came with Stun Spore, finding movement and traction in the sand once more.

“You got this, send it back.” A glimmer appeared before the Araquanid, small hairs on their body raising and gathering dew from the surrounding moist air, shimmering with the gleam of Mirror Coat.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 20:32:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Summer’s MEGA DRAIN is countered by the water bug as he slips through the grips of the Stun Spore’s paralysis. The sparkling dew mimics the unique energy of the special attack, blasting back at Summer with more force. The small pokemon squeaks in surprise, thrown back but the powerful attack and into the hot sand. A small poof of the coarse grains rises and falls quickly. The Flower Pokemon stands to shake it off, “Oooo Mirror Coat, nice counter!” Eva compliments with a nod.

Summer’s moveset was very much centered around Special Attack, considering her size and lack of physical strength. There’ no choice but to continue with them. The pokemon is slower now. Not only from the lack of Sunny Day fueling her Chlorophyll, but also from the exhaustion of the battle and the powerful Mirror Coat that literally knocked her on her ass.

She’s still got some fight left, though. Two small palms rise into the air. A wind whips around her. The soft rustle of distant petals grows stronger as thy rush forward towards the battlefield. A dark mass of razor sharp petals soon obscures the sun above. Her palms move forward, driving the PETAL BLIZZARD forward towards the Araquanid.

Summer uses PETAL BLIZZARD

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 23:07:01 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Defensive wasn’t the way Rowan preferred to battle, instead relying on a strong offense to keep enemies from being able to maintain their own attacks. This was why he didn’t use Mirror Coat once again as the Petal Blizzard came spiraling towards Arachne from across the field of battle. “Get on them again.”

A series of powerful legs dug into the dirt, immediately pushing off from the ground and using Lunge on the Bellossom, leaping across the arena and looking to drive her fangs into the plant Pokémon once more. Petals crashed into the Araquanid, though the predator was on the hunt and wouldn't be deterred.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 18:06:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Despite the little grass-type’s best efforts, the bug gets the best of her. Araquanid LUNGES and lands a critical blow. Summer squeaks, buckling over as she’s pushed back by the force. The pokemon falls onto her back, unmoving. A small cry pushes back her parts lips before Eva grabs a pokeball, “Alright, that’s enough, Summer. Great work!” the light sucks the Bellossom back in, conceding the battle to , “Great job! I’m impressed!” she beams with a bright smile.

Summer FAINTS
Rowan Wins!

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 0:07:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

An arc of crimson light swallowed Arachne and returned the Araquanid to her Pokeball, slipping the capsule back onto his waist. “That was intense.” Rowan admitted, chuckling sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head. “I almost thought I wouldn’t win that one when she got paralyzed.”

He stepped forward and offered a hand for Eva to shake, smiling warmly. “Using the Stun Spore on yourself to avoid the Infestation was really smart too, I wouldn’t have thought of that. Good match.”