TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 10:43:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

SPARKS FLY BETWEEN PLASMA FISTS

“STILL DOUBT YOUR SKILLS, KINGSMAN?”

Fernando fashions a low strung out chuckle as they stand in line. Various stalls have sprouted across Slateport beach, local vendors eager to scoop up the seasonal spike in business. This particular procession is for slushied Margaritas in an exaggeratively long plastic cup. On a whim, Fernando had fancied himself one after seeing various customers walk by.

Anything to stave off the burning heat of the summer’s sun and Kingsman’s drawn out victory.

Tourist and natives alike strip themselves of their regular clothes in anticipation of the vigorous battles ahead. Even Fernando’s business casual is reduced to mere swimming trunks. His only other accessory is a moist white towel draped around his shoulders as well as his watch and sunglasses.

He makes no attempt to hide the ugly scars that line his waist, mangled from a childhood of reckless injuires.

WHAT FLAVOR DO YOU WANT,” he sneers as their turn finally comes.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 11:50:13 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

"A bit, regular Trainer battles aren't something I take place in often, so it feels almost foreign," Razz admits to as he joins the other in line. This was one of the very few times he'd be seen out of uniform, though there was no sparing himself from the heat as he still wore the headband on his head which was always a great source of heat aside the fact that his hands always felt warm. At least his wind breaker was cooler than his usual Ranger Jacket. [break][break]

"Umm I don't really drink often so I'll just get whatever you suggest I'm not picky," he shrugs when offered the iced Margarita, now mostly thinking about how the battled was and how he could have done better.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 11:56:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

DECISION MAKING BELONGS TO THE KING. When prompted for what flavor he’d like, he responds with ‘all’. To no surprise, the employee nods and two long tubular mugs are filled with an assortment of different colored slush.

Fernando hands on to Razz before fetching his credit card.

You beat me,” he continues, passing his card forward. “What else do you need to accomplish before you recognize your own skill?

He signs on the card pad before leading them back onto the beach. In the horizon, the field is filled with battles of every kind. Not all of them follow conventional means.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 12:11:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The young man can't help but blink at the long drink. Normal people drank this much? is something he'll question but he'll take a sip anyways out of curiosity if nothing else. He ponders for a moment as he thinks of the question, following along to watch the other on going battles. "Guess when I stop ending up with more bruise and get better results when it counts," he speaks mostly of when they were tasked to ambush and capture the Rockets in Sootopolis. How they were only able to capture one, and even then she escaped. [break][break]

"Regular trainer battles like these don't really feel like they accomplishment much in the end, our battle probably would've ended sooner had it been more of what I'm used to. The finishing Aura Sphere would've gone for you rather than your pokemon"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 9:04:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

FERNANDO SETTLES FOR THE FAINTEST OF SIPS. It isn’t until he approves of the taste of leppa that he engorges with an actual gulp.

Fair enough. Standard battles never reflect real fights. But–” he breaths an airy laughter in good jest, “–if that were the case then I would have won.

That Zeraora isn’t used to long ranged combat.

Fernando’s Zeraora, the one had used against him, leaps backwards as it tries to flee the incoming AURA SPHERE. It scampers on all fours, running toward the other ring of the marked off area, before the mass of energy strikes it.

It’s not sure what else it could do.

And that’s lesson enough, Fernando decides, before recalling it.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 18:58:51 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"No, not the kind that some rangers go through, or just in general fighting for your life," honestly those were they types of battles he had been trained for since he was a kid. "Though it's probably for the best, no need for that chaos as Hoenn has plenty of that." he can't help but comment as he takes another drink from the large margarita. Probably a little too much at once for someone who didn't drink, but the alcohol was weak in it so drinking more didn't feel like a problem. [break][break]

There is a small heh there about the claim for winning, "When your only non-electric moves were Power Up Punch and Fake out?" [break][break]

[break]

While the battled has dragged some as the Zeraora's abilities had limited their attacks with one another with the electric moves one thing the ranger had come to noticed was that Fernado's didn't have many distant attacks. So with a mix of Volt Switch in order to move quickly away rather than try to attack comboing with the Aura Sphere no longer where the exchange of fist needed in order to take advantage in their battle.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:04:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

IT’S AN UPHILL BATTLE FROM THERE. Fernando’s Zeraora has no choice but to close the distance in order to deal any damage. The battle becomes a contest of spacing and Razz has the advantage.

An AURA SPHERE finds its mark but the Pokemon breaks through. It sacrifices its health to brute force its way into striking distance. And that’s enough to lose him the match.

Fernando parries Razz’s soft chuckle with a hearty laugh. Here, in the open, he falls in line with the social cues expected of him. They’re polished under the mid-summer heat, a faceless occurrence common place as trainers converse between their opponents.

Pray you never have to see it, Kingsman.

Fernando steals another gulp before mimicking Razz’s chuckle.

Just kidding! I’m not that good at battling in general.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:34:05 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Even with the better strategy found in order to gain the upper hand, Whis couldn't always get away. As at times the other would catch on, but they were adaptable. Any time the other Zeraora would come at him with a Power Up Punch, Whis would counter with his own. At times he would just PLAY ROUGH in order to hit the other back to go in for more distance. [break][break]

[break]

Razz couldn't help but be a bit surprised with how much more lively Fernando seems to be. While he's been invited to some 'family' parties the other still didn't seem as lively as he was now. Though if could just be that Razz was just more familiar with the business side of Silph. Or even how he himself was always much more professional. [break][break]

He tilts his head at the other pondering, see what? He's struggling to follow as he's clearly not a social person. "No?" he's caught off guard with that, "But you're a gym leader?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 23:40:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

A VALID POINT IN JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER REGION BUT HOENN. can attest to the questionable prowess of the Gym Leaders of old. Fernando just so happens to be the last of the old guard, one seated in tradition and a penchant for battling.

And? I just have to be strong enough to test people.

They make their way far from the line and back toward the road that separates the beach from the city. The constant sound of attacks buzz in the background, wild spectacles of lights shining from various special attacks.

Most of my battles are handled by a prototype AI. My Pokemon are trained by skilled trainers and tamers employed by Silph Co. My part in all of it is very small and my skills have rusted because of it.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 8:28:17 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Right," Razz comments forgetting that it seemed like Hoenn did things differently from their gyms. He'd say more but for some reason his brain was getting a little more fuzzier than usual went talking to someone. Maybe he was drinking too fast as he's already more than half way done with the long margarita drink. [break][break]

Razz rubs his head a bit, he really wasn't much of a drinker, as Fern explains what he did with his pokemon. "Don't worry at all that they'll learn bad habits? Or be used to situations you're not?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 2:33:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

INSIGHTFUL QUESTIONS THAT BEGET FERNANDO’S APPROVAL. He nods but shrugs it off with indifference. Complacency is a nuisance that pervades across all species. Pokemon are no different. Which is why there must be measure in place to offset habits of old.

Worry is a strong word. But bad habits aren’t hard to break as long as you can identify them and incentivize against them.

Fernando pauses, deliberately, taking a drawn out sip from his neon colored straw.

Which is why we have main teams and rotate them out according to the situation.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 0:10:27 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”I suppose that makes sense, guess I just find your method a little off of just being able to trust other to train your pokemon then being able to trust what they can and can’t do in whatever situation you bring them to,” Razz puts the drink down now as his brain was getting fuzzy, maybe it was why he was starting to speak a bit more loosely, ”Couldn’t be me,” this would probably be the first he’s sounded much more casual around the other. He should probably not be drinking in front of his boss. [break][break]

Though a thought occurs, ”Oh speaking of Gym Leaders though, I fought before this says you all had bets?”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 12:20:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

“POKEMON AREN’T THAT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN HUMANS.”

Fernando laughs off the conversation with a pretense of being in a good mood.

The same goes for you. Our training only goes so far; your experiences, the other’s you’ve worked with, the tasks you’ve both completed and failed–these have taught you more than I have. Yet, when the time comes, I trust you to carry your weight should the situation arise.

He buries the hatchet under another sip as his tongue runs cold. Fernando intentionally slows down his pace, feeling the onset of a brain freeze.

Mhm. Actually, I bet on you and Lopez.

His eyebrows crease suggestively. He even leans in as his volume decreases.

Who won? Lopez?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 1:48:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”Fair enough I guess,” with his fuzzy head he doesn’t think too much about it. In the end he just figures it all just seems to come down to trust. And Fernando seemed to just be able to trust the people he hires as well as the pokemon enough to do their job. Fair enough he supposed. [break][break]

He will tilt his head at the other in some confusion, “I get Lopez but why me? You get anything good out of it?” He can't help but be curious. [break][break]

“Wasn’t much of a contest, Lopez easily won, think I’ll need to have better pokemon for any future underwater battles,” he chuckles lightly, though he hopes to not get another one.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ {H✩T}

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH VS KINGSMAN
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 10:54:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

SILPH VS KINGSMAN

“INDEED.”

It goes without saying, between the two of them, ’s the obvious choice. Not only is the Champion skilled but also fraught with a need for challenge. At least, Fernando senses an inkling of a try-hard underneath the lax exterior. It’s what enamors the Champion to him beside his raw skillset.

Not really,” Fernando rolls through the question with a shrug. “I just picked the obvious winner. Believe it or not, Kingsman, I believe in you.