6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 5:50:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the suit they wore felt weird, but kyle has worn weirder, tighter suits than the sky battle uniform.

at the very least, it allows him to fly alongside his pokemon. it feels weird to be in the skies meant for children to fly their kites on, but here they were. with arms spread out, kyle feels a bit self-conscious.

kyle swears sky battles were just a gimmick that forced in to save some space for the venue for more battles.

"one on one is fine, right? we're just trying this out."

he releases his aerodactyl from its ball. it's ben a while since he used the pokemon, being reduced to mere aerial transport. today's the day he's going to make it right for his baby fossil 'mon.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 5:23:04 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

Chu-e would agree this particular battle type seemed very risky, stupid, and was also probably just a silly gimmick. Yet, he wanted that sweet, sweet BP and was more than willing to have at least one battle. He was perched on the back of his Drampa, the pokemon that usually carted him around like Mary Poppins if he needed.

"That sounds good to me! Thanks for battling me!" Chu-e didn't know that well, only meeting him a few times, but the Champion seemed nice enough if a bit awkward. He could also respect the guy's love of canines; while Chu-e was more a cat person he did like dogs.

When he saw the Aerodactyl a surprised laugh left him. Tossing out his own pokeball, his own Aerodactyl cause wind under his winds to stay in the air.

"Looks like we had similar ideas!"

- Chu-e's Outfit
- Aerodactyl on Aerodactyl violence
-
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 10:50:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"aero's are cute after all," he tells ji-hoon when he shows his own aerodactyl. like every kid, he also had a dinosaur phase. "mine got relegated as my air taxi. my baby boy needs some action once in a while," he shares.

his aerodactyl got revived from a fossil as a baby after all, but that backstory's for breaking the ice for some conversations. he'd use it sometime, maybe, but not now when he doesn't need it.

"i can take the first move, right?" he asks before turning his attention away from ji-hoon to his aerodactyl. "ancient power."

kyle starts things off with a ranged attack. rocks start to appear out of nowhere before they get chucked off at the direction of the other aerodactyl.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 10:57:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"They are! I love to pet and talk to my Aero. He's a baby, too!" Chu-e had just gotten him OOC from the Gacha right before this battle, which meant IC he had just revived him or something.

He gives a thumbs up to show his permission for the first move.

Sadly, Chu-e doesn't get to call out his own move. His own Aerodactyl is a little dumb and hears the 'Ancient Power' command as something to follow as well. His own rocks starts to materialize, which are then shot at the other pokemon's Ancient Power.

They meet in the middle perfectly so neither pokemon would get hit by anything.

Needed to stall this out for that sweet two pages, after all.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 11:03:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's something competitive in kyle's aerodactyl that reacts to the other when it uses the same move. he wonders if he got it from his other pokemon, though most probably not because he separates his dogs from his non-dogs on his pc.

when the ancient power meets with his own ancient power, the aerodactyl can't help but produce more rocks with the use of ancient power.

rocks start to appear out of nowhere before they get chucked off at the direction of the other aerodactyl. they try to overwhelm the other's ancient power, so he gives his last bout of ancient power an additional two (2) rocks so his can be better.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 11:17:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Before Auto could attack on his own again, Chu-e gave a sharp whistle to get his attention. In the process of turning, the fossil pokemon managed to avoid most of the rocks... except for those extra two (2), which hit him on the wing.

"Yo! Focus! Come on, you got this. Get in close!"

Auto made a vaguely sort of mix between a croak and a roar before he flapped his wings to surge at the other fossil pokemon.

"Like that! Good! Crunch!"

Opening his maw, Auto tried to snap down on the other pokemon's wing.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 16:18:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle's aerodactyl remains insistent on trying to compete with the other aerodactyl. it allows it to crunch on its wing, somehow confident that he can take the other on.

kyle doesn't like the trend he sees most of his own pokemon do.

"bite it back!"

even without the command of its trainer, the aerodactyl was ready to get back at its prehistoric brethren. it opens its mouth and bites back at the same area as it got bit, except the mark that he bit starts getting encrusted with frost.

better ice fang than the other alternative, kyle supposed.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 16:49:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Auto took the Ice Fang, wing Freezing over lightly.

Chu-e sighed. Well, that wasn't good. Little bastard was getting Frozen. Well, not like he had much hope to win against the damned Champion anyway, but...

"Power through! You're not gonna drop, yet! Aqua Tail!"

Letting the other Aero go but still held in place himself, Auto's tail glowed blue before he tried to give a wet 'slap' across his opponent's face.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 18:55:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he could already imagine his aerodactyl staying in position despite the beating it's about to get. it reacts to the water-type move strongly, evidenced with more thrashing it does.

"iron head!"

what happens next differs from what runs in his head. instead of letting go, the fangs remain when the aerodactyl smashes its head to the other aerodactyl, pulling the other's wing when it does.

"just get off of it," he clarifies finally, to which it attempts to do.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 4:34:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
This whole thing was stupid as hell. Yet, it was so funny to watch.

When the other pokemon goes to Iron Head, since he was still being bitten and was so close, the Aerodactyl opened his mouth to try and Crunch on the top of the other's head. Like, the Iron Head still hurt him. Don't mistake this.

This was just very stupid.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 9:46:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the aerodactyl did not expect his head to be bitten. it starts to make dinosaur noises as it thrashes about in an attempt to get the other aerodactyl away from him.

kyle's unsure of what to do, but decides to keep quiet to see what his pokemon would do.

he sees it start to fly down, iron head still intact, then he realizes what it was trying to do. either the other aerodactyl drops down below them at full force or it gets off of his.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:41:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e watches his pokemon try valiantly chew through the Iron Head. It won't work. But points for trying.

While Chu-e can tell this won't end well he's curious to see how this will end. So, at risk of losing, he just let's his Aerodactyl dit his own grave.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:50:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
since both the prehistoric pokemon were stubborn enough not to let go, both of them crash to the sands below. the crash sends sand flying all over and a cloud of dust takes while to settle.

when it does, kyle's aerodactyl flies a bit above the ground, the flapping of its wings helping the dust spread out from the crash site. its iron head helped it against the crash, kyle presumes, or that it just used the other aerodactyl as cushion.

if it's the latter though, he'd have to learn how to teach his own pokemon empathy, remembering the one time it actually ate a pokemon trespassing on his garden for no reason.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 2:59:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Huh." Chu-e is not surprised but it is interesting. His pokemon is laying there like a sad pancake, dazed on the ground from the crash.

He was a pretty young pokemon and Chu-e was battling the fucking Champion. Not like he really had too much hope of winning anyway.

Regardless he goes to land and call his pokemon back.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs ji-hoon [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:03:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle walks over to his pokemon and recalls his own aerodactyl as well. he probably needs to get his aerodactyl to the pokemon center later too.

"so, uh, wanna go to the pokemon center together?"

what else was he going to talk about? the amazing crash of both of their pokemon from the sky? he shrugs and makes do with a crappy invitation for a pokemon center date.