1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 1:43:06 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Ah, a normal day.

Rare as they were, Sam sometimes took days off, I know call the media. This time around, he finally made good on a cruise ticket his mother had purchased him. The cruise wasn't supposed to last too long and it wasn't terribly crowded with people and pokémon, just a small liner that crossed through the water routes and showed them for the day.

It as intriguing, and nice. But the whole day Sam had been trying to tell himself that he was just imagining the tension in the staff. It felt a bit like they were on edge.

Hopefully it was nothing.

That's what he told himself, while standing in his open Alolan styled button up shirt, board shorts, sunglasses, sipping himself an alcoholic beverage that was more sugar than booze.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 14:22:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
If looked comfortable for the weather, Chu-e looked like a tourist ready to be robbed.

Sunhat, sunscreen covered nose and cheeks, socks with sandals, an Alolan shirt so loud it hurt the eyes, and shorts any dad would be proud of. His own drink was served in a novelty plastic pineapple with a little umbrella and a purple twisty straw.

Chu-e knew a little more than Sam did, though, so when he joined the other it was mostly to get a look over the water, searching. And to fight off seasickness.

"Good day for a boat ride, ya?" He nudged Sam gently with his elbow, overly friendly, eyes twinkling behind his heart-shaped sunglasses. May as well have some fun while they waited.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 19:59:44 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Hm?"

Sometimes Sam wasn't paying much attention and when socially engaged he had to ask 'hm?' to get his brain to rewind a few seconds and listen to the background noises of his previous thoughts.

"Oh," he remembered the question asked and then nodded. "It is a very nice day. Not sure it's specifically nice for a boat ride. Could be a bit more cloudy."

But then again he's the pale guy who lives on Mt. Pyre at the cemetery of the region so, don't mind him.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 15:19:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Hmmmmmmmm." Chu-e answered in reply, only half listening himself. The purple straw was between his lips, the pink liquid inside moving through the loops to meet his lips.

Then all hell broke loose, a sudden alarm blaring on the ship as three speedboats appeared on the horizon, racing towards them. They were smaller vessels but faster, even as the ship they were on lurched to try and put it in reverse.

"Looks like," Chu-e answered , not as perturbed as he should have been. "It's a good day to get robbed." He clapped the other on the shoulder and dropped his novelty pineapple on the ground.

"Hope you got pokemon that can fight. This wooooon't be pretty!"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 14:08:08 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"..."

Speechless. Samuel James Carter was speechless. It wasn't totally unheard of for him to be at a loss of words in certain scenarios. He was simply flabbergasted at the audacity of the day.

The one day he'd taken off in the past three weeks and he was cursed to end up fighting a pokémon battle!

"It's best if we stick in pairs." He told the stranger before holding out a hand in greeting. "I'm Sam Carter by the way."

Even if there were already noises of a commotion on different decks, Sam was going to introduce himself and hopefully gain an ally for the attack instead of just sitting there like a cooked ducklett.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 18:31:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Ji-Hoon Ki!" Was his quick reply, three pokeballs pulled from his pockets. The balls were tossed out, an Altaria, Togekiss, and Ribombee materializing in the air.

"My pokemon are pretty strong but will wear themselves out quick. Plus..." Squinting, Chu-e leaned over the railing and raised a hand up to shield his eyes from the sun.

"Yeah, that have pokemon and guns. I don't really want to get shot, so... yeah. Stick in pairs. You're my bus buddy now, Sam."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 23:14:07 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Not that Sam was of any religion, but he did silently ask the universe what the fuck he ever did to deserve the predicament he was currently in.

At least his, erm, 'bus buddy,' wasn't totally lame. Matter of fact, he was rather, erm, lively.

Sam didn't hate it. Made him relax, actually.

With his own small flare, he tosses out his own pokémon. The ones that worked the best together, and would keep him the safest. His absol, dragonair, and gastly.

The absol immediately picked up on the fowl air around them and tensed. The dragonair caught her tension and prepared himself. While the gastly just wandered around in a circle while chanting in an odd and low pitch, which made little sense but Sam learned that's what gastly did when he was excited.

And when death was sure to show its ugly head.

"My goal is to get out alive. I'm trying to earn a heroic medal."

He wanted it abundantly clear that he wasn't about to try and get himself killed to try and save the whole boat. His own survival was key. Yes, he likely should have taken into account the survival of everybody else, but he wanted to make it out alive first and foremost.

Not your typical protagonist everybody.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 2:09:40 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e leaned over to squint at the horizon again. A sudden yelp and he sunk down, the brim of his fancy sunhat now sporting a smoking hole.

"Well, I guess we can confirm they have guns...."

Glancing at the three pokemon that released, Chu-e made a mental note of them before his eyes went back to the man himself.

"What moves do your pokemon know?" Snapping his fingers, his own three pokemon settled on the deck and kept their heads down.

"My Altaria can probably blast the boats before they reach the ship.... but it takes a while to charge up. If your pokemon can cover for him, we could do it!"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 18:07:47 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
"The gastly has, hypnosis, dream eater, hex, curse, shadow ball, dark pulse. As for absol, night slash, detect, psycho cut, future sight, shadow claw, slash. Lastly dragonair with safeguard, dragon dance, rain dance, aqua tail, dragon rush, and slam."

He sounded like a PC rattling off information as if it was second nature. He had them memorized, as any good trainer would.

"Dragonair can create weather conditions enough for us. Absol's future sight can detect can if we'll need the extra help and she can use future sight to ensure we've an upper hand later. Gastly doesn't know anything of note that would help besides perhaps hypnosis. The bullets will pass through his body as well, since he's simply gas, so he can head out as a distraction."

A makeshift strategy developed in the midst of the chaos around them. Sam was impressed with himself, or at least he would be when looking back at the scenario later.
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 18:01:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Alright...." He nodded as he listened, a vague plan already forming in his mind.

"Gastly can distract, then you whip us up some weather and keep my bird from getting shot. My Bee can Pollen Puff to make it even harder to aim. Then Kisses can carry my Altaria back to the boat since he'll be too tired to do very much after. Sound good?"

Already, Chu-e had reached up and tapped a piercing in his ear- the Altaria flowed with energy, Mega Evolving into a larger puffball and no doubt drawing attention.

"If it's all good... Chirps, Hyper Beam the fuck out of those boats."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 1:54:26 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

"Got it."

The plan was set and Ji-Hoon was already beginning his end. Sam let loose his gastly and his dragonair.

"Distractions and weather, please."

Gastly was already phasing through objects into the midst of it all before Sam had finished his words. Dragonair was able to kick up a storm using his RAIN DANCE, while Sam's gastly moved into the chaos to create a distraction. From HYPNOSIS to DARK PULSE and even a SHADOW BALL or so between. It was certainly distracting enough, and it was all going according to plan.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 10:31:16 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
I thought I had replied to this. I guess with HST it got lost in my notifications.

Anyway.

The bright pink Hyper Beam moved over the water in a line before reaching the boats. The water sizzled before smaller, compacted explosions from the electronics melting flared up. The pirate boat began to sink instantly.

As expected, when the attack was over, Chirps fell like a sack of bricks. The Togekiss instantly went to brace the Altaria, flying slowly back with his new charge in tow.

"Ah! Look out!"

They weren't about to go down so nicely, though, as a stray Thunderbolt from one of the pirate's pokemon hit the Togekiss. He seized up, Paralyzed, listing downwards.

Nothing could ever go according to plan. Where would be the fun if it did?

Chu-e looked over at as if he could do something.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:50:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

no worries man, it's chaos around these parts.

sam's eyes fell on the paralyzed togekiss and he immediately looked to his absol. the gastly still distracted with HYPNOSIS, throwing in a HEX here and there just to freak the pirates out. that combined with the SHADOW CLAW from his absol, it seemed they were going to come out pretty well on top.

dragonair pitched in with a SAFEGUARD, moving into the front of the 'battle line' to try and protect ji-hoon's pokémon.

"we'll manage."

it was meant to be reassuring and it might have sounded a little bossy, but that's sam for ya.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 21:06:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was thanks to 's efforts that, in time, his Togekiss and Altaria managed to make it back onto the deck safely.

"Thanks so much! I would have been devastated if my pokemon got hurt." Or worse, but that's how it went sometimes.

Thanks to their combined efforts, it did look like the pirates were trying to flee. Some of the boats wouldn't make it far, too, from the look of them. Well, their own fault. Maybe they would be lucky and someone would drag them out of the brine before they went under.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sunk er swam[ss m]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 7:50:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: