3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 7:28:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","top-banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

What had started off as a lovely afternoon spent touring the beautiful city of Sootopolis would soon come to a screeching halt.[break][break]

"Uhh.."[break][break]

For the second time that day, Stormy's phone rang with the signature 'emergency' ringtone. The first time had been easily ignored, as a follow-up text message said that the situation was handled and her assistance wasn't required.[break][break]

This time, however, the phone continues to ring despite how painfully she tries to smile through it. Whatever conversation she and Miles had been deep in the belly of was rudely interrupted and her train of thought canceled. The woman blushes, shaking her head.[break][break]

"I-- wow, Miles, I'm so sorry. Just a second."[break][break]

Brushing hair behind one ear, the woman offers him a small, worried smile before turning away to take her phone call. Her face is grave as she talks into the mouthpiece. Mentions of 'pirates' and 'assault' were two flavourful describers she uses. Her attention veers off to the coast where she can now see ships by the docks. They aren't of the same make as the rest of them and she can now plainly see officers and the like gathering.[break][break]

"That was.. my boss? I guess? Seems we have a situation by the docks. Pirates, apparently. I know we planned on grabbing lunch, but.."

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged - sink or swim

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","title"]STORMY SILPH
[attr="class","subtitle"]i've been burnt so many times

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main b"]font-size:12px; color:#e0b443;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; opacity:0.7; margin-bottom:-50px; height:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc a"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono; color:#fff!important;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Bungee+Outline]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 8:26:21 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
It'd been a more than pleasant date. The two were taking a tour around Sootopolis via cruise, Stormy had suggested it and Miles was happy to oblige spending anytime he could with his girlfriend. Over the course, he'd just found moments staring at her over the sea admiring that warmth she constantly emanated knowing that at the end of the day this magnificent woman for all she did in and for the world would find herself in his arms after all was said and done.

Even when she's flustered on the phone she's too cute. He'd watched her earlier fumble with the device holding in a chuckle, or two only for the device to ring again and that all too familiar apologetic look to appear on her face. It was nice being on the other side of the conversation for once, after all, he'd had the same look on a number of their dates.

"Pirates? Sounds exciting." He laughs pulling the woman into his chest, a kiss finds itself placed atop her forehead.

How about we deal with the problem together, and then maybe we'll have enough time for lunch?" In truth Miles could use a little exercise and the tournament was coming up. More than both of those things combined, however, Miles was simply happy he didn't have to hide anything from the woman, whether it was his combat prowess or otherwise. Of course, it'd be Stormy's show, but to be her assist was more than enough, and it made for an exciting date activity. It also gave him an opportunity to show off in front of his girlfriend not that he'd ever say it.

"One of the infinite reasons I love you, is because your heart calls you to do what's right. Don't hesitate on account of me, cause I'll be there with you no matter what. Remember, we promised." He thinks back on that night only days ago.

"Now are pirates an everyday occurrence or..." He teases further because when else would he be able to joke about pirates as an actual issue.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 0:27:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Her train of thought is cut off with his pull. She exhales softly as he presses a kiss to her forehead. It brings a warm, relieved smile to her face, especially given his willingness to forgoe plans to take care of business. [break][break]

She hadn't even asked him to join her and yet he'd offered without hesitation. It brings her an overabundance of warmth as she stares up at him, smile widening.[break][break]

"I love you so much."[break][break]

Her stomach growls in anticipation for lunch later on, and she reckons that his assistance would be incredibly helpful in getting to it sooner. Miles' offer to come with her was incredibly helpful, and something she looked forward to seeing more often. [break][break]

The woman tilts her head, offering the man a fond, amused smile at his mushy attitude. But it is what he says that makes her heart swell. Hearing him say that he loved her would never get old, she knew.[break][break]

"Infinite, huh? You don't think you're giving me impossible expectations, are you?"[break][break]

Stormy inhales slowly, glancing back to the ships and the darkly-clothed men and women descending to the shore. She can hear the shouting from here, the flash of coins, the smell of testosterone and greed.[break][break]

"Only in the summer seasons, apparently. They showed up last year around this time, and seem to know just the perfect, vulnerable cities to ransack. Come on, let's get goin', I'm hungry."[break][break]

With a flick of her wrist, the woman releases one of her Charizard. Wadjet's black scales absorb the sun and Stormy wastes no time in mounting. Fitted with a harness, neither of them had any danger of falling off. She leans down to offer a hand up to her boyfriend, winking.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged - sink or swim

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; opacity:0.7; margin-bottom:-50px; height:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc a"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono; color:#fff!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 8:55:23 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Well if I am, that means I have the luxury of spoiling you later. I'm really not seeing a loss."

He teases eyeing the targets on the coast not even miles away. How unlucky for them. He keeps her in his arms as long as he can, now understanding the nature of her odd temperature shifts, they served as a giveaway for emotions, something he'd definitely use to his advantage as their relationship continued to progress, not to say Stormy Silph wasn't already an open book, it was just fun to make notes.

While he'd certainly heard of pirates attacking the region over the course of various news reports throughout his life, Miles had never truly seen it as something that happened with any kind of frequency. It seemed antiquated in an odd sense though it made complete sense the more he thought about it. His region was composed of many small islands prime for plundering in the eyes of those trying to score a share of loot.

"The more you know I suppose."

When she calls out Wadjet Miles still feels fairly intimidated. He'd seen the pokemon more than a time or two, but Miles had a distinct feeling this Charizard, in particular, didn't have quite an affinity for him, Still with Stormy's hand offered he doesn't hesitate, mounting the dragon adjacent pokemon at his girlfriend's behest.

"I see I get to ride in style today. Must be an auspicious day." His arms find themselves reaching around the woman not so tight as to impede her maneuvring skills, but tighter than he needs to be if only to better rub up against the woman. "Very auspicious."

Miles wasn't without his own bag of tricks, however. What was once a simple watch would reveal a holographic screen zooming in on the situation at hand.

"They have three hostages, Storms."

Miles had a few ideas of course, but this was Stormy's show and he was more than excited to play support to the show. It wasn't every day one got to play second fiddle to an Elite 4 member after all. Not to say he'd make a big deal about it, but every boy in Hoenn at some point dreamt of working with elite 4. That was all to say it'd be a very unique experience.

Also watching Stormy work was very attractive on a few other levels that he didn't quite care to bring up.

"How would you like to proceed, boss?" Miles had an assortment of pokemon with him and so he could move as needed, all she need do was give the command.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 15:17:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Oh! Okay then, I can deal with that."[break][break]

She chuckles, unabashed in her affection as she nuzzles into him a moment longer. Frankly, she didn't really want to leave to go and pick a fight with a bunch of scurvy-ridden pirates. Well, she did, but she realized how attached she'd become to the young man in front of her, and how comforting it was to have his arms wrapped around her.[break][break]

Arceus, she was smitten.[break][break]

But if she didn't step up, who would? It would destroy her, she knew, if because she refrained in favor of smooching her beau, some inexperienced ranger or police cadet got hurt taking her place. That sense of dread pulls her out of his arms, though not without a flirtatious wink, and up onto the broad shoulders of her Charizard.[break][break]

Wadjet appears otherwise indifferent, passing a glance over the young man, switching between him and her trainer. Just to be coy, the dragon rumbles only when Miles touches her, and she shifts her weight to make it that much more difficult for him to get comfortable. It's all in jest, however, as a means to keep him guessing.[break][break]

Frankly, he's one of the few people she truly trusted with Stormy.[break][break]

"Well of course, my dear. What better way to impede on pirates than on the wings of a dragon?"[break][break]

He settles in behind her, arms wrapping around her waist. It brings her great comfort and great warmth, and he would pick up on her quickened heartbeat and her flushed skin easily, she was sure. [break][break]

Their lift-off is otherwise smooth and they approach rapidly due to Wadjet's speed and the wind being favourable.[break][break]

"Hostages? That's low, real low."[break][break]

And it makes things more complicated. Her original plan had been to be threatening and sink the ship. It was a bit reckless, but she knew that police were on the docks waiting and it would encourage the pirates right into police custody without much of a hitch. But with hostages? [break][break]

"We need to be delicate about this. Try to talk them down and do damage control. The last thing we need is for the hostages to be harmed. The plan isn't to give them what they want, but to make them think we will."

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged - sink or swim

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 14:11:38 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Understood." He agrees with her mentality.

Without the hostages, they could have easily sunk the lot of them, but there were new nuances to the situation and they had to be respected lest those three lives were injured. Miles takes a breath sifting through the information they had on hand, between he and Stormy's team they had twelve or so pokemon, the majority of Stormy's were most likely fire types and on a field like this would be at some slight disadvantage, especially due to the civilians in play. He was better off in that department a number of his pokemon despite their rock typing were powerful swimmers. It's in this he's formed something of a plan.

"If I may, captain I have an idea of sorts." He doesn't think she'll be pleased with it, but to protect the hostages he decides to voice the thought.

"I'll become a hostage." He lets it sit only for a second. "While you pretend to negotiate their release I'll begin to get the hostages out. If I can get them overboard my pokemon can carry them to safety. After which, you just have to save me. business as usual." Not like she hadn't done it tens of times before. He'd release his water pokemon into the sea before being captured it'd leave him at a disadvantage but he trusts Stormy with his life and more, it was an intense plan undoubtedly but it was doable if she cared to agree to it.

He pushes against the woman's body cradled against her back. She'd feel the beat of his heart and all the serenity that came with it. He had no fears at the moment, after all, he'd spent the last year training, no longer was he a meek scientist, and to have Stormy as his insurance there was no reason to fear.

"Thoughts, concerns?" It's almost a whisper as they soar through the skies bodies pressed against each other.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
down with the ship [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 3:27:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Frankly, she didn't have a plan. One might be able to guess as such with the way she hesitates, the way her fingers tighten around the leather straps that help guide her Charizard forward. They hover in the air a moment, churning air to keep them aloft.[break][break]

But disbelief bursts out of her immediately at Miles' belligerent plan. Her eyes widen and she turns to stare at him over her shoulder, expression outraged and horrified.[break][break]

"No. No fucking way, Miles."[break][break]

Wadjet rumbles beneath them, discomforted by her outburst. Miles hardly lets her interject before he continues, voicing his plan. She swallows the lump in her throat, forcing herself to sit tight and listen to him.[break][break]

"What if something goes wrong? What if.."[break][break]

Her heart sinks and tears glisten at the corners of her eyes. She doesn't give them the power to fall, but they are heavy and they burn.[break][break]

"Miles.."[break][break]

He presses into her back, arms wrapping around her like a warm cocoon. It helps to slow the frantic beating of her heart, and she is unabashed in her affection, pressing her cheek against his. One hand rises to squeeze one of his, clinging to him. He whispers into her ear and she feels liable to wilt.[break][break]

"I'm calling for backup. They won't be here in time to help us rescue the hostages, but... I know we can handle it. You're right. This is the best idea we have right now."[break][break]

They needed to do something now, lest these hostages become the kidnapped.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged - sink or swim

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]