291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 8:53:53 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

An urasring swipes and Miles Narrowly avoids. Where he'd normally fend off the creature with his team he'd left them back protecting a group of travelers from the remainder of the pack. He'd come on rocket business scouting the area for a good place to root the tree, and while he'd found it, he'd also found a group of ursaring alongside some foolish travelers. He'd managed to separate the pack while his and another's pokemon dealt with the majority of bear pokemon. However it left him and this other to deal with a final bear on their lonesome, without any of their own monsters to fight back.

The man isn't a stranger nor is he a friend, but he isn't moonlighting as Viper and so Miles curbs his hostility in favor of keeping his cover and surviving the situation.

"Any ideas stranger?" The bear encroaches upon the two.

x
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 14:48:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]while the rest of his team scours the area for wild and overly aggressive ursaring, matias stands side by side with another, fists at the ready, as they stare down the remaining one.

"i have one empty pokeball but i doubt it'd do much."

the ursaring roars, threatening to step forward. matias stands his ground.

"just punch it, i guess?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 15:01:50 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"How succinct."

The bear swipes again slamming its massive paw into a tree narrowly avoiding the two.

"Then again Beggars can't be choosers." The pokemon thrashes dislodging his claw from the tree returning his focus to the two men. Splintered branches surround the two now. "Don't miss your chance."

His last words before pelting the normal type with a rock antagonizing the pokemon to chase the darker-skinned man into a nest of trees and branches.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 15:51:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]he shifts back, avoiding being slashed apart by ursaring's sharp claws. he exhales, finding his breath, then readies himself to attack.

"oh just me?"

fine.

fuck.

how does one take down a fucking bear?

he watches the rock being thrown, sees the ursaring turn its head. it charges towards the other, giving him the perfect opportunity to run and tackle it to the ground. he's big enough. surely.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 16:04:17 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Another swipe and this one is closer than the last, it was getting used to Miles' timing, perfect. The pokemon raises its arms to crush the rocket only for the bear to topple forward Miles barely able to dodge. Pokemon. The cause of its fall no other than the stranger he'd tasked with taking the beast down. He hadn't expected to see the beast fall literally, but he had a few more seconds of life and in the moment that would do.

"Not quite what I meant but I'll take it."

As the bear begins to get up Miles glances around throwing a rather thick branch to the man, one of the many the pokemon had lobbed off in its rage.

"Anything you can do with that?" Miles would prepare his own once again standing with his fellow trainer as the bear prepared to strike once again.

"What are the chances it's aggrieved about a splinter in its paw?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 17:33:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the tackle connects, taking the bear to the ground, and matias pushes himself off it before it has a chance to swipe at him. he turns to catch the thick branch and quickly examines it.

"possibly. might break, though."

but it's better than breaking his hands. he lifts it, prepares to swing only to be stopped by the fellow trainer's words.

"you gonna take a look at its paws?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 19:53:32 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Not like we're lacking materials." He grunts swinging his own branch behind his head angling it properly.

For the situation they're in the two are awfully cavalier. Miles doesn't mind it surprisingly.

The bear roars almost ready to continue its rampage.

"Point taken."

And he swings matching Matias. For all the hate the two work well together.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 13:22:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the two of them, much to his surprise, work in tandem. where miles swings, matias distracts, and where matias swings, miles distracts. it's effective enough to at least stagger the bear back, confusing it.

"just a bit more. our pokemon should be done soon."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 16:36:41 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
He's getting tired. for all his resilience and training Stamina is the first thing that begins to falter. He thinks of pushing Matias into the beast, which would give him a few minutes at the very least, and he could get rid of a Silph while doing it, a two pidgey one stone situation, but to take out the man dishonorably, and to give Stormy the news her brother had been mauled violently by Ursaring thanks largely in part to him wouldn't go over well. And so Matias has to live, at least until Stormy understands that he doesn't.

His branch snaps and he reaches for another allowing it to hang against the ground for the moment. Beads of sweat drip from his brow. He eyes the ursaring whose paw is about to drop, but the bear's focus flickers for a moment.

Instead, Miles dashes choosing to tackle Matias as the bear feints its paw grazing against the darker-skinned man's back. The bear had grown used to their tactics and reached for Matias.

Miles swears as he feels blood stream down his back. Thankfully, it's more superficial than anything

Saving a Silph though? He feels sick.

"Not my most self-serving maneuver." He speaks through the pain.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 7:29:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the bear adapts, expects the attack, and lunges towards matias. he tenses, about ready to leap away before he's tackled to the ground by the other. though he's grateful, he can't help but wonder why.

"really not."

both hands snap up to grab miles by his collar, then tugs out to the side. they both roll, avoiding another swing of ursaring's sharp claws. matias ends up on top, then pushes off miles' chest to avoid the follow-up swing.

the ursaring seems keen on matias, attention staying on him even as he backs away.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 13:24:21 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
He feels his white dress shirt become slicker with blood, as he's rolled with the Silph to avoid another swipe. When the rolling ends another follows focused on Mattias. Mattias moves and the bear begins to close in on the man. Miles huffs adrenaline beginning to course as he forces himself up, grabbing the sharpest branch beside him.

The bear closes in on Mattias, but Miles is there, behind the two and with all the force he can muster he aims the branch into the pokemon's leg, still unwilling to take its life. The ursaring falls to a knee and it flurries wildly it's claws barely missing miles the man drops to the ground rolling away his back beginning to burn as he pressures it.

"Seems as good a time as any to make like a - before he can finish a cry overhead reveals an Aerodactyl spiraling towards the two.

"The Calvalry arrives five minutes late."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 12:11:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]his own charizard arrives with aerodactyl, roaring as it makes its approach.

but it doesn't discount the fact that this man had just risked his life for his. the thought persists even as their pokemon make quick work of the injured ursaring.

so he takes a step to the side, approaching the other.

"what's your name, friend?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 19:10:16 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
It's the second time Silph has asked for his name, the first occasion was marred by violence, now there's uneasiness this time. Moments ago they'd fought to save each other his back bleeds from a wound meant for Matias, and seconds later the Silph had returned the favor. Still, he has to keep his cover, and so answers honestly.

"Sharp, Miles Sharp. Yours?"

One day he'd have to kill this man.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 9:40:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the name is unfamiliar but he makes it a point to remember. he'd need it for later.

"matias silph."

because unbeknownst to him, one day, he'd have to kill this man.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,940 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Barehanded | (m)
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 1:38:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: