Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Convalescent Consumption (Social/Open)
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 21:31:27 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
''How many badges do you have now?'' By his recollection, the other boy had said he wanted to collect all of them. It was a bit like pokemon itself, he supposed. You had to get them all. It hadn't occurred to him to ask how he was coming along with it, which felt rather selfish of him. Granted there were a slew of other things happening pretty much constantly.
[break][break]
Life was an onslaught, one could say.
[break][break]
''Uh-huh,'' he let loose sarcastically. ''All them badges is getting you a little big for your britches, mate.'' The last thing he wanted to see what Hideo transform into a League goon with ego bursting from every orifice due to some high ranking station, like almost every one he had met. That had maintained his purity thus far was a testament to his virtue in Andy's opinion.
[break][break]
''Last I checked you danced with your feet, not your bum.'' Unless it was twerking, but there was the hope that since he was blind, his friend had never witnessed such harlotry. That Hideo was threatening him with an achy butt was a little weird, but he took it as a sign of innocence. Andy would never desire such a thing from such a good friend. What if it ruined the friendship?
[break][break]
However he was somewhat curious what Hideo's brother was up to...

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:40:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Just one," Hideo said, going through what remained of his fries. "If I can get a match with another gym leader, I can make that two, but that still means I gotta earn six more the usual way." Which meant either battling them in a more conventional setup, or doing whatever nontraditional challenge they had.

One step at a time, he supposed. If he could even take those steps.

"Of course, I still gotta get my parents to let me do those challenges. They said they'd talk about it, 'specially since I proved I could get one at all." It wouldn't be the first time his parents "talked" about letting him do the gym circuit, and the answer was usually the same ("no"), but getting another badge could tip things in his favor.

"And hey, doesn't hurt to be proud of what I accomplished!" There wasn't much wrong about a bit of pride - in moderation. "I won't be the kind of person that tries to act better than everyone 'cause I got badges; I'm not skilled because 'cause I get them, I get them 'cause I'm skilled."

He finished his fries by dumping whatever remained in the container in his mouth - broken fries and salt.

"Guess you're right, though," Hideo said, swallowing the debris, "Getting your ass whipped probably won't stop you from doing most dances." He was completely missing the misunderstanding, assuming Andy was still going about a playful challenge.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 1:39:57 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Once again his friend's parents came up. Thankfully his blindness would hide the look of disdain that creased Andy's face. A stark contrast to his own life of independence, probably more than should really be allowed, really, Hideo existed at the end of a very short leash, and watching him pull at it annoyed the Galarian to no end.
[break][break]
''I bet after you're eighteen it's going to blow their mind the first time you tell them no.'' Then again, telling adults of any stripe 'no' came easily to him. Doubtless the other boy well knew that given his encounter with at the tail end of the festival earlier that year. It wasn't that Hideo was disagreeable, but sooner or later the illusion of a controlled life would need to be shattered.
[break][break]
''Just remember skill doesn't have a ceiling.'' Unless you were a Blackadder of course. Then again, Hoenn standards of excellence were far different that Galar's. Which explains why this region is a shit show. Perhaps people like and Hideo could clean the place up, but such a future would be decades in the making.
[break][break]
And it always seemed there was another crisis just around the corner.
[break][break]
''When all this is over, we can try dancing again,'' he spoke through an overstuffed mouth as he attempted to finish his burger. If Hideo left, he didn't wish to hold him up and would request to accompany him. ''If you're folks let you out of your cage, that is.'' There was a hard gulp as he swallowed harshly, quickly washing it down with a long draw of soda.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:52:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The only thing Hideo had left of his meal was his soda. He’d much rather work on it than stew over his life situation; he’d already laid it out to Andy before. “Yeah, but that’s six years away.” Six years and three months, to be more precise. Longer than he’d even had a Pokemon for.

He kind of envied Andy in that sense; Andy could go out and do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Even got to have his own camp in the middle of the mountains. Hideo had to get permission to put a makeshift one in his backyard for a night. Even if he didn’t agree with every way Andy exercised his freedom, at least he had it.

Hideo let out a sigh. “I’m tired of being stuck in that cage,” he said, putting his empty cup down. “Won’t really matter how high the ceiling is if I can’t get out of it.” There was so much he could be doing, but his parents just wouldn’t let him.

There was a brief moment, as he wondered if she be completely honest with Andy. Well, he’d opened up before - he trusted Andy enough to do so again. “Honestly...sometimes I think about just leaving the cage. Whether or not my parents want me to. Just open the lock and leave whether they want me to or not.

He paused, waiting to hear how Andy would react; he was certain Andy would get the implication.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 23:45:50 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The soda was sat down pointedly. It was almost empty, making its impact rather hallow. Did he really have any leg to stand on with discouraging such behavior? After all, he more or less did as he pleased. However, he had the funds for his own independence. Striking out with nothing would likely be much more difficult.
[break][break]
''You're probably the only person that can make me feel like a bad influence.'' A sheepish smile graced his face, alas the other boy would miss it. ''It's nice doing whatever the fuck I want, but I left when both of my parents were already gone. The shit you're proposing is a little different.'' It was unfathomable he would have even gotten this far with empty pockets.
[break][break]
''For one, I don't think you could stay in the same region. I didn't. Not to mention imagine how pissed Doug would be. I would help, but mate, if he found out, he'd chew my ass right off. And how am I going to ever sit down again without an ass?'' As charming as the kid was, he couldn't see him talking into turning a blind eye.
[break][break]
And assistance? Right out of the question.
[break][break]
''You'd need a network of fuckers to aid you, and more or less never talk to him again. You know he'd drag you right home, the bastard.'' To daunt Hideo from walking the same path he did made him feel a bit like a stick in the mud himself. Alas, the other boy just didn't have access to the same level of resources.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 23:42:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo wasn’t sure if he felt glad that Andy caught on to what he meant. He felt something, and he couldn’t tell if it was anxiety or it was making him anxious.

It’s...it’s something I was thinking about for a while. Even before I met you.” He hadn’t really put much thought into it until the past half year, but it was always something that lied in the back of his mind. “I’ve been thinking that my parents are never gonna let me go. So I’ll just go, and show them I really can do it.

Hideo paused as Andy...gave him advice? Hideo couldn’t hold back a raised eyebrow; he’d expected Andy to object to it outright, or to act out in disbelief. Even if some of what he was saying seemed pretty intimidating, it was more constructive than anything.

Yeah, I know Doug’s wouldn't be happy about it,” Hideo said. He would be surprised if didn’t drop everything and immediately start trying to track his ass down the moment Hideo’s parents found out he left. “Even though he’s seen I know how to keep myself safe. He’s let me take lead in a lot of stuff, and we came out fine. He’d probably do it out of duty, or ‘cause my parents asked him to.

Hideo sighed, slumping in his seat. “...I don’t even plan to leave for the rest of my life. Probably not even a year. I’m thinking I may even send letters back to my family so they know I’m doing alright.” Videos too, if he could make sure they couldn’t track down where he took them. “I wouldn’t make you help me, so you don’t have to risk Doug eating your butt over me.

And truth be told, there was a chance that he could get that network if he could talk his older sister into it. Of course, that would mean getting help from Rocket, which was a big risk in itself - if his sister even had that kind of pull.

Only other option I think I got is to get Doug to convince my parents to let me do it. But that’s a longer shot than me just going on my own.” He could remember how pissed Doug was with him during that Meltan incident. “But with Rocket going active, that’s shot for a while.

Always seemed like there was something getting in the way of his plans.

It’s just...gonna take some time to think it over. Find the best time to do it, if I need to do it at all.” There was still a chance, even if miniscule, that he could convince his parents to let him do it. Maybe when things got quiet in Hoenn again.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 0:06:24 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Yeah, Rocket,'' he spoke with obvious disgust at their mention. ''I ran into them at Fortree recently. Not sure what the hell I expected, but they're your run of the mill terrorists. If they were happy to kill anyone there, including me, you should probably steer clear.'' A vengeful soul, Andy Blackadder didn't need a particularly long list to hate someone or something.
[break][break]
Hideo getting offed by some Rocket would mean war however; earth razing, ocean boiling, war in every truest aspect of the atrocity that the act was. Such an injustice would inflict a wound that would spill bare all the deepest darkness in his heart, whereas now it only simmered far down within the abyss, the call of the void constantly whispering from within.
[break][break]
And even that, at times, was far too much.
[break][break]
''Wish I could be more help.'' Sometimes pretending to be a decent human being almost convinced him that he was. ''But even my monthly stipend can't fight off the whole League apparatus looking for some poor runaway. Not to mention, if they find your ass you'll probably get thrown into a lock down so deep you never see the outside again.''
[break][break]
'Justice' seemed harsh in Hoenn.
[break][break]
''I got thrown into a cell for talking shit, Hideo. The Galarian Ambassador had to come bail me out. Just imagine what fucking draconian toll they'll extract from you.'' Granted he was playing things up, partly for his own vanity, but partly to discourage the other boy from too rash a path. Sensing the tension, the banette nuzzled at the trainer a little harder. What were all these bad vibes?

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 19:58:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could feel that disgust from where he sat. It wasn’t too unexpected - most people had a pretty low view on Rocket - but Andy seemed to have it in for Rocket, moreso than most people. While Hideo himself didn’t have the highest opinion of Rocket either, he did know they weren’t all murderous psychopaths - according to his sister.

He knew not to argue it.  Especially not with Andy.

Jeez. I heard some bad stuff happened in Fortree, but I didn’t know you were there for it.” Hadn’t that been one of those times Rocket went full-on aggressive? Were they really going around attacking kids too?

At least he smirked when Andy mentioned not being able to sponsor his escape. “Don’t worry about it. I wouldn’t make you help me; it’d be all me doing it.” He wanted to do it to show he could survive on his own. “Couldn’t really prove I can handle travelling on my own if I had to rely on you to fund it. ‘Sides, all the stories had them living off the land and stuff. I should be able to do that much.

Though the conversation did depress him a little, it also showed him that he had to do a lot more preparation for all this, if he really had to go through with it. Build up more resources, try to find places where the League (and Doug) wouldn’t look. And heck, on the off-chance his parents did let him do it, that was just more stuff for him to use.

Getting thrown in a cell seemed a bit silly though. Hideo raised an eyebrow, more questioning if all Andy did was yell at someone. “Doubt they’d keep me in jail for that,” Hideo said, “At least not for long. They’d probably just send me back to my parents or have them pick me up.” Though the consequences of that were probably worse than getting stuck in jail; he'd have to plan a way to break out if happened.

Honestly, with how things felt for him now, his life was a few steps away from a prison cell anyways.

He’d almost forgotten he was still holding onto the Banette until it once again nuzzled his hand. He brushed his hand against its head - gave him a little time to calm down, to think.

His Gardevoir still wasn’t interrupting anything though, just guzzling down her drink.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 21:48:20 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The frown didn't disappear from his face. It was plain to see that Hideo wasn't going to be dissuaded from his course of action no matter what was said. This granted him a moment of clarity. Now Andy could see what everyone else in his life had been dealing with from him. The shoe was on the other foot, and he hated it.
[break][break]
His head cranked around towards the gardevoir as his mouth stealthy formed the motions for 'you better take care of him.' Hands had been thrown with one of Hideo's pokemon before, and he'd do it again. Turning back to the boy, he supposed he had best find some way of showing support without undermining his independence.
[break][break]
Was this how felt with him?
[break][break]
''Living off the land... I mean I have a little garden and shit, but it's not like I'm eating wooloo chops that I hunted myself or something.'' Vicious as he was, the Galarian didn't know if he had the will to gut a pokemon for his supper. Perhaps if survival was truly dependent upon it, he could steel himself enough.
[break][break]
''If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. It's a lot harder when you don't have an assload of money to throw at someone to look the other way, or get out of your way.'' Rare was it that he considered how his financial background made things easier for him. ''And of course I'll have the good taste to not tell anyone.''
[break][break]
How much time would he really need to serve for contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:24:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo’s determination wouldn’t be deterred, even if his confidence wavered. He just had it in his mind that he wanted to do this, that he had to go on a trainer’s journey. He barely cared if all that determination came across as stubbornness to others. That “stubbornness” was how he was able to get as far as he did.

The Gardevoir looked over at Andy, definitely noticing the words he mouthed. But she just lightly shrugged them off and went back to her drink, looking back to her trainer. She was already taking care of her trainer well enough, and she didn’t need some other trainer telling her to do so.

Hideo shrugged, a little surprised Andy was reticent about hunting. “Well, it’s not a whole lot different from how Pokemon normally live in the wild. They gotta eat too, even if it means eating other Pokemon.” Granted, he didn’t really know how to skin and gut a Pokemon - best he knew was how to prepare a fish, but he wasn’t planning to travel the region as a pescatarian. Maybe something he could learn before he left. “I wouldn’t hunt Pokemon down for fun like some kind of psycho, but there’s nothing really wrong about catching and eating wild Pokemon, is there?

While he did have a garden, he didn’t think he could live off it. Especially not when his parents knew about it.

At least Andy would keep quiet about the whole conversation. Hideo had to be real careful who he talked to about it - the wrong person would risk spreading his plans to his parents. Or .

Not that there’d be much difference between either learning; one would tell the other, and he’d get locked down before he could even step foot outside Slateport. At that point, he really would be stuck home until he was 18.

Thanks for that, Andy,” Hideo said, a smile on his face, “It’s nice having someone to talk to about this kind of stuff. That can talk back to me, at least.” Talking to his Pokemon was nice, but it felt better when he could completely understand what the other person was saying. “Don’t think I’ll need much cash if I just live off the wild, though. Anything I need, I could just get from stuff like odd jobs. There’s always someone needing work done around Hoenn.

People that would willingly hire a blind kid, and not ask a lot of questions about why he would be traveling alone. He’d already made a decent amount of money that way, with a decent amount saved up where his parents wouldn’t notice.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 22:53:17 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''No.'' An answer to hunting was brief, followed by a short punctuating explanation. ''Caught and ate fish pokemon before.'' Granted seafood wasn't his favorite, even if he did like krabby rangoon and sushi. Thinking back to their 'date' in Fortree back during the holidays, Andy really should invite the other boy for food there again before he 'disappeared.'
[break][break]
''Just be careful with those odd jobs. Chances are if you go through with this, your folks and even Doug are probably going to have posters out and alerts with every jack-booted cop in the region. If I were you I would stick to the smaller hamlets. Rule the rural, you know? A disguise might not be a bad idea either...'' His finger tapped his chin in thought.
[break][break]
''Maybe dye your hair? Sunglasses so no one can immediately tell you're blind?'' The thought of Hideo wearing novelty googly eye glasses popping into his head forced him to suppress a chuckle so he didn't have to explain. ''I know as long as you act unassuming enough, no one will pay enough enough attention to notice even if it's a little shit.''
[break][break]
Worked for him during the Hoenn Science Fair.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 17:14:45 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeaaaah, I know.” He knew his parents would pull out all the stops to bring him back. Doug would probably be the first one they sent; his oldest brother would probably be next if he could find a chance; Hideo had to hope there was enough to keep the Rangers busy for a while. “Pretty sure there are plenty of small places that need help, so even if I gotta lay low in a city for a bit, I can manage.

Dying my hair’s gonna be a no, though. I heard enough from my sister about how much it sucks to do.” Not to mention he’d struggled to make sure he used enough - and to make sure it didn’t lose that color. “Sunglasses may make it easier to spot me. Blind people wearing sunglasses is kinda a stereotype after all.” Same with the walking stick - though he could just have his Pokemon guide him as always. “Honestly, I may have a better time if I keep my eyes open. May look a little weird with my eyes looking straight, but everyone that knows me knows I keep my eyes shut almost all the time.

But that did raise another possible issue, Hideo bringing a hand to his chin. “Though I guess they’ll tell people I got green eyes...but maybe I can work around that; my sister has a bunch of contacts for cosplaying. Maybe I could use something simple, like brown.” There were plenty of brown-eyed brown-haired people in Hoenn, right?

That’s what he heard, anyways. Not like he could actually confirm it.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 21:42:59 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

While he hadn't considered that it might actually be difficult for a blind person to dye their hair alone initially, Hideo's pokemon basically helped with everything. It seemed as if the other boy was presuming something like coloring your hair for fun, while nothing so permanent was being suggested. No one wanted to go find a whole other face claim for a plot, nor matter how long term.
[break][break]
''I put ink in my hair to get into a restricted event. Washed right out after. I was talking about something like that.'' Though he wasn't sure what to say about sunglasses painting blind people as obvious. The only visually impaired person he had ever met had been Hideo, who had never worn sunglasses. But then contacts...?
[break][break]
''Mate, if you think dying your hair is a pain in the ass, you obviously ain't met anyone that's had to deal with contacts.'' Many times had he watched struggle with the inserts in order to avoid her glasses. ''Well, I guess you wouldn't have to align them right, and shit. But they fall out all the time generally just feel irritating as shit. Or at least mum always bitched about them.''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 22:55:30 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo placed a hand on his cheek, his arm supporting his head as he slumped slightly towards the table. "I guess no matter how I try to disguise, it's gonna be a pain in the butt." He never really thought about how much effort some people had to put into appearances; not like they ever mattered much to him. "Maybe I'll get lucky and get a Pokemon that can do disguises for me. Or maybe just get my Grapploct to ink my hair whenever I gotta do something my parents might see."

Hardly a serious suggestion. Maybe he could just play it simple and wear low-profile clothes. A hoodie could work easy. "Maybe I could try that wash-out hair dye. Though it's gonna be hard testing it out at home."

Before he could think on it further, there was an announcement on the intercom. "Hideo Kino, please report to the Pokemon Center reception desk. Your Pokemon are ready for you."

"Huh. Took them long enough." Hideo finally lifted his hand off the Bannette, getting off of his chair. "Guess my Pokemon are all healed up then." That was it for his break: he did have his lunch all finished off, and he could even hear his Gardevoir finish off her drink.

"Time to head out, then. I got some more matches to do today. Thanks for coming by to talk to me, Andy." It definitely helped iron out some details of his plan - and find out what else he had to think about. "Here, me and Dancer toss the trash out." He'd already kept his own trash on his tray, and his Gardevoir put her own on it as well. Still plenty of room on there if Andy wanted to add his lunch to the pile.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 0:12:50 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Anything worth a shit is going to be a pain in the ass,'' he said in response to the other boy's first gripe, sounding decidedly responsible. ''If all the hard shit was easy, everyone would be doing it. Don't put yourself at this much risk and then half-step.'' In the back of his mind he wondered if this is what his dad would sound like if he had stuck around.
[break][break]
''Ah, looks like that's you.'' Before any more commitment could be encouraged, an announcement was made for the younger trainer. Hideo seemed eager to collect his pokemon and head on to the next battle. Where was that gusto when it came to staying missing once he went missing? ''Good luck on your future matches.'' Thanks was offered for his lending an ear.
[break][break]
''Anytime. Someone has got to encourage you to be something other than a goodie two-shoes like Doug.'' Was he a bad influence though? Probably... When Hideo offered his tray for Andy's refuse, he started stacking his on there. The banette hopped back, looking sullen at the boy's departure. No more petting. ''Just remember to try and plot out and think shit through as much as possible.''

--