Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Rowan Wrynn vs Liam King (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 1:15:46 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Okay, next challenger…” Rowan swiped through the information on his phone, locating the name and location. “...Liam King?” He hadn’t heard the name before, though he didn’t exactly know everyone in Hoenn either. There were a few minutes of travel time before he ended up at the roped off venue of the battle, nestled between a set of streets. “Huh?”

An eyebrow arched upwards as he saw waiting in the arena. “Hey, there...Liam?” Rowan didn’t want to use their proper name out in the open, he could only assume this was a chosen alias for the tournament. “Didn’t know you were competing.” The opponent was the underboss of Rocket and his half-brother after all, and that was sure to make things interesting.

“Guess I know what Pokemon I'll be using.” Rowan took a moment to dig through his belongings, forgoing his original plan of Gastrodon in favor of a more sentimental approach. “Might look familiar.” In a flash of light, a shiny Greninja appeared from the Pokeball he’d thrown, originally gifted to him by Gavin himself. “Seems appropriate, right?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break.
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 13:30:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Liam King is disguised, with dark hair and darker sunglasses, but he turns his hand palm up when he draws close to his opponent to show off the deep scar that cuts across his palm. He'd shown it to him once before, in his office on Rocket's submarine.

It's explanation enough; Rowan catches on.

"Hello there. Came all the way over from Galar for this."

He grins, suppressing laughter. Rowan would recognize his Galarian accent from when he'd dropped his act in the Seafloor Cavern.

That grin broadens at the sight of Greninja.

"Ah, I'd be tempted to mirror match you with my new girl, but she's still being trained."

Instead, he flicks his wrist and sends out another Pokemon: a Bisharp that stands to attention.

"I'm not going to make it easy on you, mate." His eyes gleam. "First move's yours."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 20:16:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’d expect nothing less.” Rowan didn’t want them to hold back, and he wouldn’t accept anything less than their best. “Gotta show you what I'm capable of, after all.” A smirk crossed his lips as he stepped into position on the other side of the arena, crossing both arms over his chest. “Kotaro, you ready?” The Greninja gave a small nod in affirmation, squaring themselves off with the Bisharp.

“Smokescreen.” Kotaro took in a deep breath before exhaling the thick haze of darkened smoke onto the battlefield, obscuring their position for the time being. “Can’t hit what you can’t see, Liam.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 23:06:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Kotaro.

Gavin's lip quirks at the name, tempted by a smile. He wonders if it holds any meaning.

"Can't we?"

Gavin whistles, then clicks his tongue twice.

GRASS KNOTS spring up within the smokescreen, invisible to both parties.

"Watch your step."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 19:29:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A scuffle occurred in the smokescreen and there was the assumption that the Greninja didn’t manage to avoid the Grass Knot, though relatively undamaged thanks to their unique ability. “Water Shuriken.” Kotato suddenly sprang up into the air from the haze of smoke, carried into the space above the arena thanks to their powerful legs.

Water began to form in the shape of a massive shuriken between their hands, slinging the aquatic weapon down towards Bisharp the moment that the attack was prepared.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 12:45:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Rowan gives his command aloud, and Gavin clicks.

Though Greninja is fast, Bisharp is faster — it's QUICK to GUARD against the flurry of projectiles, lifting one of its arms to see them splash painlessly against solid steel.

It lowers its arm when the attack concludes, circling.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 23:10:57 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Water Shuriken wasn’t the reason he was currently smirking, knowing that the previous attack was nothing more than a diversion. Sunlight caused the shadows cast by others to crawl long across the battlefield, stretching just far enough to allow Kotaro to make his move.

“Now.” Shadow Sneak caused a darkened visage of the Greninja to slide out from the ground and strike at Bisharp from behind, hoping to finally do some damage.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 12:02:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
No sooner has the Greninja appeared than Gavin is clicking his tongue again.

Bisharp takes the attack, unflinching.

It then exacts its REVENGE, lunging toward the amphibian with one of its scythes. Thanks to the earlier SMOKESCREEN lowering its accuracy, the DEFIANT dual-type hits harder in retaliation.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 22:58:50 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A smirk crossed Rowan’s face when he saw the attack that was coming for Greninja, knowing the mistake that Gavin had made. “Ouch.” He commented teasingly as the Revenge struck the Greninja without harm, immune to the attack after using Shadow Sneak.

“Kotaro, make sure to punish that.” A shuriken of water gathered in the hands of Greninja once more, slinging the aquatic projectile towards the Bisharp at close range.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 23:09:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Right, Protean.

He should've known, considering he'd been the one to gift the Greninja. If anything was a sign that Gavin's mind was anywhere but on the tournament...

A QUICK GUARD flashes up to defend against the water, and the battle continues. It's closer than Gavin would've liked but eventually, finally, his Bisharp stands victorious. It's soaked and its metal blades have been dulled but the victor bows to its master before the red light of its capsule swallows it whole.

"Good show. Let's grab a drink to celebrate, shall we?"

Code for let's get out of earshot. Though their meager audience had already begun to disperse the moment a victor was made clear, there's no taking chances where Rocket's involved.

Eventually, when they're in the clear, Gavin says, "You're getting good. Let's hope it's not necessary for Sootopolis, but I'd like you to be there all the same. With my squad."

Amber eyes meet, Gavin's gaze searching.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 23:23:05 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Sounds good.” Rowan returned Kotaro to the Pokeball and slid the capsule onto his waist, gathering up the rest of his things to follow Gavin wherever he was leading them. “Your squad?” An eyebrow raised, unsure of whether or not that was a wise decision.

“I’ve gotten stronger, but I’ll likely still be a liability, especially to you.” Rowan felt he didn’t need to mention their bond, both familial and friendly. “Are you sure that’s what you want?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 23:28:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"My squad."

objects, as Gavin assumes he would. The underboss raises a hand.

"Would I be asking, if it wasn't what I wanted?"

It's not cold, but it is firm.

" will be expected to be there; his... unique situation affords little argument." Rocket wasn't exactly teeming with Avatars and they'd want all hands on deck in case of A.Q.U.A interference. "I can pull strings to make sure he's with us."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 0:03:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I suppose not.” Rowan was still uncertain of his importance, though he wouldn’t argue with Gavin anymore on the subject. The man was Underboss, after all. “Good.” Adrian being nearby was important, he wanted to make sure he could protect his boyfriend in the case of an unfortunate occurrence.

“I’d appreciate it if he was. I don’t want to be too far from him.” Perhaps his love was a weakness, but Rowan wouldn’t separate from Adrian if he could help it.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 0:09:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I thought you might."

Yet for all his attempts to make it seem as if this was the reason he was bringing along, there are more selfish motives at play as well. He frowns as he considers something, then admits,

"You're family, now. Saoirse and I will have your back."

She'd told him much the same.

" will be with us as well, and . We may need to spread out some if things go awry, but we'll be in the upper section of the city."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 0:34:57 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Serena wasn’t much of a surprise considering Rowan was aware of her mentorship with Gavin, knowing how close the two had become through training. Meanwhile, Oscar was more unexpected, though he was pleased to have the Rocket Beast close in case things would become complicated with the League.

“I’m assuming Chu-e’s squad will be closer to the bay, then?” A two-pronged offensive made the most sense, especially considering this would be a surprise operation.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">