Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 10:39:40 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

Few battles down and he feels like he’s finally getting the swing of things again. It’s a slow process as several of his tools were new. And it's been years since his primary pokemon had seen a real battle. [break][break]

It felt odd just focusing on the battle itself rather than going in for the kill. But if his injuries have proved nothing it's that he was adaptable. Using the H✩T App he goes for a random challenger this time around. [break][break]

=Challenger found![break]
Trainer is nearby, send challenge?=
[break]

It’s only after he agreed to it where he seems surprised. He was fighting a child?

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 0:13:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"WHY ARE YOU BUYING CLOTHES AT THE SOUP-Oh hey, you got a challenger!"

Hideo was a bit annoyed the video he was listening to got interrupted, but that was due to the H✩T App, which meant he had another battle lined up! "Says here it's from a Lloyd Kvar. Here, I'll show you where it'll be."

Hideo stood back up, guided along by his Rotomdex to the stage of his next battle. "Is he here?" Hideo asked.

"Yeah. He's a big guy, but a bit older than the other people you've fought." Hideo felt the Rotomdex pat him on the back. "I'm sure you can take him."

Hideo smiled, waving to the man as he took out a Pokeball. This time, he was using his Cinderace, the large bunny hopping from foot to foot as they waited for their opponent to get his Pokemon ready. "Good luck!" Hideo shouted.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 17:33:29 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

With his pokemon choice a small as it was Pryde decided to keep to something familiar especially since Galar pokemon he wasn’t as familiar with as others outside a select few. The rabbit wasn’t one of them as he calls out his Pyroar, “Data?” He questions as his speaks from his arm telling the doctor what he needed to know. [break][break]

There is a small smile that curves when the boy wishes him good luck. He wonders if this would be like the training battles he’s had with his sons at that age. He whistles for a FIRE FANG as the Pyroar rushes in and does just that. Most likely not though as he knows at this age, he had also aimed for his children rather than just their pokemon. Because the world was harsh and he would aimed to make them better. [break][break]

”As to you”

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Pyroar uses FIRE FANG

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 19:10:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Most of his previous opponents either gave him the first move, or gave him the opportunity to act first in a battle.

Lloyd didn’t seem to be one of them. The moment Hideo heard his opponent let out a Pokemon, he heard it charging ahead, the crackle of fire reaching the boy’s ears shortly before it reached his Cinderace’s body. His Pokemon let out a yelp, stepping back; even if he resisted the fire portion, he did just get bitten.

Starting off aggressive!” Hideo’s Rotomdex commented, “It’s a Pyroar, and it just bit into Messi!

Hideo didn’t have enough time to get any more info from his Rotomdex. He had to act now. “Get’em off you, Messi!” Hideo ordered. His Cinderace would’ve nodded, but he was already readying his attack: a solid Headbutt straight for the Pyroar.

Cinderace was hit by the Fire Fang
Cinderace used Headbutt

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 19:34:38 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

The fact that the Rotom has to tell the boy what's in front of him, and how they weren't opening their eyes clues him in instantly. The child is blind, seems like the harshness of life has already sunk in their teeth like his Pyroar had the rabbit. "Seems like we're both disabled," he muses, a hint of sympathy in his voice despite not meaning it. He rarely ever did. [break][break]

"But I like how you have the will to keep going," he whistles as the headbutt comes his Pyroar running to counter with her own HEADBUTT to meet them head on as the force pushes her back. Another whistle before Pyroar roars like the mighty lioness she is to use HYPER VOICE on Cinderace.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Pyroar uses HEADBUTT to counter Headbutt.
[break]+ Pyroar uses HYPER VOICE

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 20:45:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo raised an eyebrow at the man’s comment. “You have trouble seeing too?” It was the first thing he assumed, anyways; that little hint of sympathy made him assume it was a vision problem the man referred to. But if that were true, it probably wasn't total blindness; if the man had a Psychic Pokemon around helping him, his Rotomdex would’ve notified him, and it didn’t sound like he had someone telling him anything going on in the fight.

Hideo wasn’t too sure how to take the second part of what the man said. It seemed to be meant as a genuine compliment, so he'd take it as one. “Well...yeah, thanks. I’ve been blind since I was born. If I never had the will to go in the first place, I never would have started doing this.

Even if he didn’t fully acknowledge it, being blind was a big reason why he wanted to be a Trainer.

Hideo felt his Rotomdex cover his ears - just in time for that Hyper Voice to ring through the air. Hideo could still hear it, but his hearing was muffled enough that it didn’t hurt.

One couldn’t say the same for the Cinderace, who covered his ears a second too late, getting the full ear-ringing pain of that attack. Out of annoyance, he kicked a nearby rock straight ahead. the stone immediately ignited, and the now-Pyro-Ball was headed straight for the Pyroar.

Cinderace was hit by the Hyper Voice
Cinderace used Pyro Ball

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 9:21:52 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

”I’m not blind no, but one of my arms is fake,” he would show the boy but that would be moot, though he would raise it for the seeing eye Rotom to see at least. ”Different challenges I have no doubt,” he smiles to hear how its the lack of ability to see that drove him. ”That’s good, the world can be cruel at times so making yourself stronger is always a good idea,” at least in his opinion. [break][break]

As he spoke me made sure to keep an eye on the battle, Pyroar bracing herself as the Pyro Ball struck her. Though the fire typing of it at least allowed her to resist some of the damage that struck her body. He gives a double click and Pyroar moves, going from afar to trying to get up close as he bares her fangs as she attempts to CRUNCH down

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Pyroar is hit by PYRO BALL
[break]+ Pyroar uses CRUNCH

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 15:43:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Oh.” Well, it was worth a guess. He could still see the relation there; only having one arm must’ve been rough to deal with. He could barely imagine trying to move around with only one arm to probe around with, or to be guided by. “Did you lose your arm somehow? Or did you never have it to begin with?

Maybe a silly question to some, and maybe a little insensitive, but to Hideo, losing something you had was a lot worse than never having it in the first place.

That comment about making himself stronger brought a smile to his face. It was nice being recognized for his efforts.

Though he wouldn’t get (too) distracted from his current effort; he heard the Pyro Ball hit the Pyroar. Even if it was fire against fire, a hit was a hit. He wasn’t too surprised when he heard the Pyroar charging again (though he could’ve sworn he heard a click there), and he was ready to order his Cinderace to dodge.

Unfortunately, that Pyroar was fast, Crunching down on Messi before Hideo could say anything, earning a yelp from the large rabbit. But Hideo could work with it. “Messi, hit’em back!

The Cinderace, with a metaphorical fire in his eyes, aimed a knee right at the Pyroar: a Counter-attack meant to hit her hard in retaliation for that bite.

Cinderace was hit by the Crunch
Cinderace used Counter

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 16:17:36 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Lost it in the war sadly, but as humans we adapt and manage," it wasn't a complete lie, not that the other would be able to pick up on that either. It was definitely a struggle trying to adapt, especially now with a prosthetic which allowed him to touch but he'd never be able to feel with it again. At times being thrown off by it.[break][break]

The counter hits hard and knocks Pyroar back. Seems like they would should try to keep some distanced then. Pryde whistles like before in order to get her to use HYPER VOICE once more.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Counter hits hard
[break]+ Pyroar uses HYPER VOICE

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 1:45:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
In a way, he felt kind of bad for Lloyd, but he knew better than to say it out loud; he’d already gotten tired of people saying they felt bad for him for not being able to see. He wouldn’t patronize his opponent.

Instead, he'd indulge his curiosity. “So how good’s your prosthetic?” he asked, his tact leaving him just as suddenly as it appeared. “Is it just kinda...there? Or is it something you can move around freely?” He at least had enough control to not straight-up say “like before”, instead moving one of his arms around as comparison.

As Hideo learned more about his opponent, his Cinderace was focused on the match. That Counter was a solid knee, and it gave the two some distance. And it gave him time to notice that his opponent was preparing that shout again. Right before it came, he covered his ears...

Which didn’t do much to stop the force of the attack itself from hitting his body, but at least he would stave off tinnitus.

And with this distance, he kicked another rock at the Pyroar, the Pyro Ball igniting quickly.

Cinderace was hit by the Hyper Voice
Cinderace used Pyro Ball

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 4:51:14 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

With the Pyro Ball coming at her again Pyroar moves to dodge this time around, quickly countering with a FLAMETHROWER at the rabbit's legs. Seeing what she could do about possibly getting them off balance to later go in for a kill. Well not literally seeing as that would be against the rules, but she'll try to get close. [break][break]

Meanwhile Pryde seems amused by the young boy's inquisitive nature, "I can move it for the most part, I designed it to have an interface for a Rotom to help me move it how I want, much like your seeing eye RotomDex seems to help you out"

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Pyroar avoids Pyro Ball
[break]+ Pyroar aims Flamethrower

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 19:45:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Ooooh! That’s pretty cool!” Hideo turned to his Rotomdex. “Ever thinking about going into a prosthetic arm, Nosey?

Ew, no.” The digital face on the Rotomdex cringed. “I’ve seen what people do with their hands: they do stuff like punch with them, and touch hot stoves with them. I’m fine with just being in a Pokedex and scanning stuff and telling you stuff, thank you very much.

Hideo couldn’t resist a snort. “We do more than just punch or touch stuff.” But he wasn’t going to argue any further with his own Rotom.

It was best that his Cinderace knew to act on his own, and was much more willing to get his hands dirty (literally and figuratively); he leapt over the Flamethrower, bouncing his way towards the Pyroar, aiming to deliver a solid pair of Double Kicks to her from above.

Cinderace dodged the Flamethrower
Cinderace used Double Kick

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 5:54:28 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Pryde can't help but chuckle at the conversation of the two. How cute the Rotom thinks that in the end it would have a choice in the matter. Rotoms followed a program in the end, so as long as you had the know how and the tools to properly program the object the rotom was going in. A choice wasn't an issue. "Indeed, we create with our hands as well," he comments as the battled continued. [break][break]

As the trainers continued Pyroar kept her guard up, he is able to avoid the first kick, bot not the second. But being within kicking distance allowed for her to be in close. Close enough where she could hopefully use CRUNCH at her opponent's left ankle. Though she would make sure to dig in deep to try and make it impossible for the rabbit to continue fighting this match.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Pyroar is truck by Double Kick
[break]+ Pyroar uses CRUNCH on cinderace's ankle.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,514 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 23:25:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded. "Yup! We can make stuff with our hands, change stuff with our hands, find stuff with our hands, and more! They're not just for violence or icky stuff!"

"Yeah, whatever," the Rotomdex said, rolling its eyes as its attention moved back to the battle. "I'll stick to being a Rotomdex. Someone else can be a Rotomarm."

Messi had been fortunate before: the Flamethrower had been at a distance, it wasn't a tall attack, his feet were were unoccupied. It was an easy attack to avoid and counter, and he grinned as both kicks landed.

But as he soon found out, there was no such luck this time: with his left foot mid-kick, there was no way for him to avoid the incoming Crunch on his ankle.

His back hit the ground as he held back a scream (his face turning red in the process). He desperately tried to get out of the Pyroar's hold, furiously trying to Double Kick with his right foot to make her let go.

Hideo's Rotomdex relayed the situation to him, the boy anxiously balling a fist as he hoped Messi could get out of it. There wasn't anything else he could order him to do at this point, and if he couldn't get the Pyroar to get go...

Cinderace was hit by Crunch and fell down
Cinderace is trying to Double Kick the Pyroar off him

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Pryde vs Hideo
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 5:46:31 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Pryde just chuckles at the two, for now humoring the idea that the pokemon had a choice. [break][break]

The same moment Pyroar crunched her teeth into the rabbit's foot Raphael snaps his fingers to call her off. It allowed her enough time to let go before the DOULBE KICK could strike. Though a moment later and he snaps his fingers once more to get her on the prowl once more. This time going in with a HEADBUTT before the Ciderace could fully try and get up if they had tried to. [break][break]

If they were lucky this battle wouldn't last much longer.

[break][break]

+ // HT
[break]+ Pyroar avoids double kick
[break]+ Pyroar uses Headbutt

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">