he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Ji-Hoon Ki (Chu-e Choi) (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 11:47:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo’s shoes squeaked against the pavement as he made his way to his next battle, his yellow Rotomdex leading along by the hand. He was on his way to his next match, and he already knew the name of his next opponent:

Ji-Hoon Ki.

He didn’t know for sure if this was the same Mr. Ki he’d met months ago on a walk, and again at the christmas tree decoration. He’d never actually learned Ki’s first name, so this could’ve been someone else with the same surname. Elga’d seen him before, so he could’ve clarified it, but Hideo was letting him stay home for now; even if he’d been healed up, Elga had a rough battle before against ’s Salazzle.

Maybe if it was the same Ki, he’d recognize Hideo and bring it up. Maybe Hideo could recognize his voice - though it had been a while since he last heard Mr. Ki.

Once he arrived at the stage, he let out his chosen Pokemon: it was time to let his shiny Aggron out for a fight. “Are you ready?” Hideo asked, making sure his opponent was prepared for their battle.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 13:31:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

can't recognize Chu-e but that's no fault of his own. Chu-e, however, recognizes him instantly.

"Hideo!" Is called out, excited, and Chu-e raises his hand to wave before he remembers it's not needed. He tries to do that thing where he pretends he was really going to adjust his sunglasses but it comes off awkward. Oops.

Still, he's excited to see the kid is doing well. He's wondered about him a few times, even if he's been busy doing his own thing.

"'Course I'm ready!" He calls out. Seeing the Aggron is cool, and honestly pretty hype since Hideo had one in general, and he mentally goes thought his list of pokemon that might prove a fun battle in his mind... reaching into his pocket, he goes to pull out his Lilligant but a different ball falls out of his pocket, pops open.

His Ampharos is on the field, back to the Aggron, looking around in confusion.

He bites back a curse as it's registered as his choice.

- Chu-e's Outfit
- Chu-e (accidentally) calls out Ampharos!
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 21:28:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo smiled once he heard Ki's voice. That was enough to confirm who this was. Hideo waved to him - unaware Ki nearly waved to him too.

The moment Ki "chose" his Pokemon, the Rotomdex was active. "Looks like an Ampharos," the Rotomdex said, floating around Hideo as it scanned the opposing Pokemon. "Looks like she's Static-y, sooooo don't get in close. And her best moves are up-close, though she's still got ranged stuff."

Hideo nodded - seemed like a good idea to keep this long distance for as long as possible.

Hideo didn't know the Ampharos was looking around confused; as far as he knew, she was ready to fight, and if he didn't get the first move, she would first. So he acted; "Aaron, blast her!"

Light welled up in his Aggron's mouth, soon fired forth in a beam of light, the Flash Cannon aimed right for the Ampharos - Aaron tried to make sure it would only hit the Pokemon and not the trainer too.

And just because they were battling, didn't mean they couldn't catch up. "So how've you been doing, Mr. Ki? I haven't seen you since Christmas!" He was well aware of his wording there - hoping it may amuse Ki even a little.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 4:57:28 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I've been okay!" Since was asking he may as well answer. Truthfully, he was kind of tired after all the battles he had been in today. It was taking a lot out of him. The only thing keeping him up with the massive amounts of Dr. Pika (caffeine free) that he had been drinking. "I've managed to nab me a boyfriend and a daughter! Oh! She's about your age! Her name is !"

Since he had managed to meet back up with her earlier for a match he was feeling a lot better. He was still really worried about her in general but at least he knew she was unhurt.

Kidd ends up turning around just in time to see the attack be launched. She cries out and tries to jump out of the way- it's marginally successful, only catching her on the end of her tail.

She meeps pathetically as she pushes herself back up. Chu-e lets out a high whistle and the electric type pouts before shrieking out a high pitched wave, her Confuse Ray aimed at the Aggron.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 17:03:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was definitely glad to hear that Mr. Ki had found love again, but that second part caught his attention far more. “Wait, Eris?!” Hideo was taken aback for a moment. “I know her! We’ve actually hung out a lot.” “Hung out” sometimes meant “we nearly got ourselves killed by Pokemon.”, but he wasn’t going to tell Eris’s father about that.

Her current father.

He didn’t even know was an orphan. Did that mean she was Eris Ki now? He’d have to ask her the next time they met, whenever that would be.

It was a near miss,” Hideo’s Rotomdex said, drawing the boy’s attention back to the battle, “But Aaron did hit the Ampharos’s tail. Does that really count as a hit though?

A small one,” Hideo said, shrugging.

And then came the response. Hideo covered his ears when he heard that piercing screech, only releasing once his Rotomdex moved his hands away. “Uhhh bad news, Hideo,” the Rotomdex said, “That was a Confuse Ray. And it got Aaron.

Great,” Hideo sarcastically stated. He couldn’t see the Aggron try to keep its balance like it was drunk; the only thing on his mind was to keep pressing on. “Aaron! Get’em back for that! Throw some rocks!

A bright light enveloped the Aggron - and the metal around his body hardened. Somehow, in his confusion, he misinterpreted “Rock Tomb” as “Iron Defense”. At least he’d be tougher now.

Aggron was hit by Confuse Ray
Aggron is confused
Aggron used Iron Defense

Aggron is confused

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 20:20:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh! That's wonderful!" needed more friends her age. being on the sub and surrounded by the weird and fucked up adults in Rocket all the time probably wasn't good for her. Chu-e was willing to let it go there. Yet. The temptation to tease was too strong.

"Now, I know you're a little Casanova, but no funny stuff with my Eris, okay?"

Just saying it did cause some inner turmoil in Chu-e... would he need to worry about her dating? For real? Maybe he had just played himself here...

Kidd yelped and went to cover her head when she heard Hideo's command. Yet, when it didn't come she breathed out a sigh of relief.

Another quick whistle and she bleated before sparks erupted around her body. A Discharge aimed for the Aggron.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 23:14:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo smiled, glad to hear that Mr. Ki was happy about his and Eris's friendship...

...though the boy blushed when Ki joked about it being more than just friendship. He could remember Ki joking about him and 's relationship all the way back at the Vital Festival. Was Ki messing with him again? Or was that an honest question? Hideo just couldn't tell. "W-well," Hideo uneasily said, "you don't gotta worry about that. I don't plan on dating anyone soon. So you don't gotta worry about me being a cas...casa..."

Thankfully, he had someone to draw his attention back to the battle, before he could continue to fumble his words. "Aaron used the wrong move," the Rotomdex stated, earning a confused look from Hideo. "He used Iron Defense instead. 'least he didn't hurt himself."

Hideo grumbled, his embarrassment washing away. Confusion was always rough to deal with; if it were consistent, he could at least plan around it. But he didn't know how long it would last, and he didn't know if Aaron would mess up any more orders - or how he'd mess them up.

He could hear the Discharge come after that whistle, and there wasn't anything he could do to stop it from hitting Aaron. The Aggron stepped back, still in a confused haze - but very aware that he was being attacked.

"Go get'em, Aaron!" Hideo shouted, "Bury'em!"

This time, Aaron was able to focus well enough to use the proper move, several large rocks torn from the ground and sent flying towards the Ampharos, both to harm and to trap his opponent under a Rock Tomb.

Aggron was hit by Discharge
Aggron used Rock Tomb (for real this time)

Aggron is confused

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 5:00:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e couldn't hold back the huff of laughter. Poor ! He was too cute and too fun to tease! He would need to make it up to him later. Maybe he could treat him to some ice cream or some other beach food they were offering for the festival...

Kidd squealed and tried to duck out of the way again. She was too slow this time, sadly, and ended up not only getting bashed by a rock but having them surround her a bit, too. It cut off her ways to run and would slow her down for the rest of the match.

At least the Discharge had hit. Another whistle and she shook herself, a sudden sharp Pulse of Dragon energy rippling off of her and towards the Aggron.

"Your pokemon is real tough, Hideo! Have you been raising him long?"

- Kidd used Dragon Pulse
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 20:35:48 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The embarrassment didn't last long - Mr.Ki didn't seem to push it any further, so it probably was just a joke.

"A pretty good while, yeah! I've had Aaron since he was an Aron." The origin of that nickname would seem pretty obvious from that explanation. At least once Aaron evolved, it was a lot easier to explain that he did, indeed, have a nickname. "He's been really good! And yeah, he's really tough!"

Just to prove that point, Aaron took the Dragon Pulse head-on. The attack did leave him noticeably hurt, signs of damage over his metal-like skin, but he powered through it, advancing towards the Ampharos.

"In fact, I even got one of these for him!" He dug through his pocket, pulling out a Mega Bracelet, and he flashed a devilish grin. "First one I got was just for him! Here, let me show you!"

He placed the bracelet on his arm, and almost immediately, he could feel its warmth. He faced the gem in it outwards, towards his Aggron, and a light quickly flowed from the gem towards his Pokemon.

His Aggron was enveloped in the light, his body rapidly changing. His metallic skin grew thicker, spikes jutting out of his arms while the claws on his hands and feet grew longer. Once the light dissipated, it would be clear to anyone (that could see) that the Mega Evolution was complete, the Mega Aggron continuing his stride, a steady gait showing he'd powered through his confusion.

"Take another shot, Aaron!" Hideo shouted, cueing his Aggron to fire another Flash Cannon at the Ampharos. The attack was larger, brighter than before - the power of mega evolution was behind it this time.

Aggron was hit by Dragon Pulse
Aggron has Mega Evolved
Aggron is no longer confused.
Aggron used Flash Cannon

Aggron Mega Count: 1

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 9:43:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh shit." Chu-e let out a low whistle at the Mega evolution, clearly impressed. Kidd, however, was less impressed. She bleated helplessly and was practically shaking her fur off.

"I have one of those, too!" He tapped the piercing in his ear, which wouldn't be able to see, sure, but...

There was no great glow of matching strength from Kidd.

"I just don't have a stone for Kidd...."

The Ampharos took the Flash Canon like a champ but the force threw her against a wall. Knocked out. Chu-e sighed and called her back to her pokeball.

"Looks like you win, kid! Fair and square!"
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 16:58:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Really?!” A jolt of excitement ran through Hideo’s body as he heard he wasn’t the only one here with a Mega Bracelet (even if what Ki had wasn’t exactly a bracelet). He’d get to have a battle between Mega Pokemon!...

Or not. “Aww,” Hideo moaned, his arms dangling, though his frown was only momentary. He heard the Flash Cannon hit, followed by something hitting a wall. Shortly followed by a Pokeball recalling a Pokemon. It could be pretty surprising how big a jump of power Mega evolution could be.

Still, the rush of victory ran through him, and he giggled to himself. “Well, maybe next time we can match Megas!” He could hear his Aggron approach him, and he had to congratulate his Pokemon. “Great job, Aaron!” Hideo said, just in time to feel a large metal hand pat his head, ruffling his hair as everyone seemed to enjoy.

But even with his victory, didn’t mean he had to leave just yet - he had some time until his next match. “Soooo, Mr. Ki?” Time for his turn to poke fun at Mr. Ki. “Who’s the lucky guy you’re dating? Know him for long? Introduce him to your daughter yet?

Felt a little weird referring to as someone’s daughter like that.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 0:25:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
beat Chu-e fair and square. He couldn't help the flash of fondness in his chest for the kid; he would be an amazing trainer one day. Hell, he already was! But he was young and could only get better.

"Maybe next time! Maybe we could have a rematch some time. My Mawile verse your Aggron! Mega on mega action!" It wasn't too often he got to have a proper clash like that. It would be fun!

After officially losing, Chu-e wandered over to Hideo's side of the field for a quick chat before his next match. Also, because he really wanted to ruffle Hideo's hair. Kid was just too cute.

"His name's Leon! We've known each other a few months... it was kind of a whirlwind romance. He's really sassy and I like that." A small laugh. "They have! But, uh... it was actually by accident. Eris was home and Leon stopped by to fix me a surprise dinner, but I hadn't told them about each other yet..." That incident had been pretty funny in the end, though.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 14:09:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
I look forward to it!” Hideo exclaimed. “It’s not like we need something like this tournament to battle each other anyways! We can just battle whenever we want.” There were plenty of arenas they could schedule a match for whenever they wanted.

Of course, the first thing he’d want to do is find out what a Mawile was; he’d never even heard of that Pokemon before. He’d just find out if it had an advantage against Aggrons or not.

With the match officially over, Hideo drew his Aggron back into his Pokeball, just in time for the Aggron to start reverting back into his non-mega form. And just in time to hear someone approach him - Mr. Ki, as he soon found out.

Here to ruffle his hair. Well, not like his Aggron didn’t just mess with his hair a moment ago. At this point, Hideo was strongly considering keeping a comb on him at all times; his hair was gonna look like a mess for his next match at this rate.

Well, I guess she was gonna find out one way or another.” Still, he had to imagine how Eris felt meeting this man before getting formally introduced; probably really confused. “Sounds like he’s the perfect match for you! No wonder you two hit it off so quick!” Sass for sass.

He pitied for how many Dad Jokes she was going to deal with.

So how’d you meet him anyways?

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 23:47:44 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I was planning on introducing them to each other soon, anyway. Just makes things easier in the end." Even if some of his silverware and toaster had gotten ruined, it was more than worth it. Now he could drag them both to dinner and getting a little alone time felt even nicer.

"Work! Kind of." Not really a lie, but maybe confusing since was aware that Chu-e was retired. "I still do a few things when I have the energy. He helped me out once and we kind of just kept chatting after."
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 0:19:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo tilted his head slightly when Ki mentioned he met his new partner on work. Wasn’t Ki retired?

But that explanation made enough sense to Hideo. “Yeah, I guess that makes sense,” he said, shrugging. “Doesn’t hurt to do some stuff every now and then, even if you aren’t hurting for money.” Besides, even with that illness, Ki didn’t sound that old; he was pretty sure retirement was only for old and/or filthy-rich people.

But just as he opened his mouth to inquire on what that work was, his Rotomdex flew towards him. “Sorry to interrupt, Hideo,” his Rotomdex said, poking the boy on the back of the head, “But it looks like we got a match on the app. It’s closeby, but we should get moving.

“Oh. Alright.” Maybe he could ask Ki later about it. “Guess I gotta head out, Mr. Ki. Thanks for the match! We definitely gotta find some time to get our next one ready!” He turned, heading towards the arena exit (guided by his Rotomdex). But just as he touched the gate out, he looked back. “Good luck with the rest of your matches! And good luck with your new boyfriend!