3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 19:09:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was—surprised.

Someone actually wanted to train with him. Him, of all people?

He who sucked at one-on-one battling?

Either way, he decided to square his shoulders and test himself. He didn’t know who was going to turn up to join him at the peak of Mount Chimney, and fucking shit, the heat was murder!

He was sorely tempted to strip down, or at least ditch his shirt because the heat made him sweat fucking buckets. Here he was, waiting at the private League-protected entrance to where the Heatran was housed.

‘Why are you even here?’ he heard a familiar voice snark in his head. ‘You’re going to cook.’

“I have my reasons!” he hissed as he continued to wipe sweat from his face.

Fuck this heat! He was no Stormy!

fighting for our lives (literally) against Heatran

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 13:09:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]a few days ago it was tapu koko with ; now, heatran with . he stands at the peak of mount chimney, heat blazing all around him as he waits for the other. there's uncertainty in whether the head ranger would actually show.

to his surprise, he does.

"lars!"

matias approaches the entrance, waves the guards aside, and beckons for lars to enter.

"come, come. been well, i hope?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 18:09:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“This heat is killing me,” was his response in greeting as he went through the gates.

“Been fine, could’ve been worse actually,” he added a few moments later.

The heat haze wall that met him was hotter, fiercer, stronger than ever—and fucking hell he could feel the sweat pouring off him in buckets.

“Aren’t you bothered being so close to the mouth of an active volcano?” he asked, hoping the other man didn’t mind as he literally grabbed his shirt by the hem and stripped out of it.

“Sorry. The heat is just—absolute fucking murder,” he apologized as he then began wringing said shirt out. Yikes.

‘I told you, you’re going to melt out here!’ came the familiar snarking voice in the back of his head.

‘Shh! Not when there’s someone else around! Especially someone else who doesn’t know! Or at least I hope he doesn’t know!’ he said in the back of his mind as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 12:12:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]lars' struggling disposition is amusing, he decides, as he takes a step closer to the other to give him a strong pat on the back.

"bothered? not really. this is pretty normal."

it isn't, but he's used to shrugging off danger.

he laughs when lars discards his shirt. for the sake of the other, and for whatever solidarity the two of them share, he discards his shirt, too, and tosses it to the side for later.

peering over, he asks a leading question:

"but i imagine it's worse for you, isn't it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 16:28:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Wish I was as uncaring as you about the heat,” he said with a chuckle—which almost became an outright guffaw the moment Matias stripped down and out of his own shirt too.

It was—perfectly reasonable as well, considering that they were in a place where the heat haze was constantly being emitted from the crater mouth near them. A solid wall of shimmering heat, hot enough to give anyone a bad case of inflamed skin if they stayed too long.

“You have no idea how much worse it is for me,” he grumbled as he felt the sweat pouring down—

And then, the crater shook.

“Looks like it knows it’s not alone,” he muttered as the shaking grew in intensity.

“Get back!”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 10:01:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]from within the deep pool of orange and red, balls of LAVA PLUME spit out, soaring through the air right towards them.

his hand smacks against a holster on his thigh and what comes after is instantaneous. the PROTECT forms even before the cloyster's finished materializing. lava impacts, splatters, and slides to the ground, sizzling.

the cloyster's recalled.

"i think it's ready."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 17:47:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Following the impact of high-velocity lava that had almost drenched them (and killed them) his own Swampert made an appearance, red beam of light throwing out the same Protective barrier that met the lava almost consuming him, before it spat and fizzled out.

“Shit,” he hissed, as the Swampert backed away and the Heatran was revealed in all its glory, bellowing at the two of them.

A few seconds later, a rain of rocks was summoned from multiple sides, effectively coating the entire field in a layer of Stealth Rock projectiles.

“Geez, Sénon wasn’t messing around,” he added as the pointed stones hovered all around them.

“This—is going to complicate things.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 10:39:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]bellowing heat and smoke, the heatran rises to the surface, announcing its presence in a violent manner. he can't be too mad at it; it was an impressive entrance.

his eyes flick up to the field of STEALTH ROCKS. it limits their options, inevitably making their battle more difficult.

but it's what they're here for, isn't it?

"let's have some fun, lars."

a charizard emerges from a pokeball, immediately slamming into one of the STEALTH ROCKS. it cracks under the pressure, crumbling to the ground, leaving the charizard bruised right from the get go. it roars, shrugging off the pain.

"extreme conditioning, ash. you ready?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 16:38:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Looking at Matias’s choice of a Charizard, he wondered if the other would be fine with what he was planning.

“Hope your Charizard doesn’t mind getting wet, because—” he trailed off, as the Swampert, immediately punched her fists together before slapping them down on the crumbly ground.

“I don’t even know if this hare-brained shit’s gonna work, but honestly, whatever, let’s go!” he said as storm clouds gathered above them—an unusual sight around the area at least.

Before long, a torrential Rain Dance began to pour.

“Sorry ‘bout that!” he shouted as the rain came down in earnest, drenching him from head to toe.

Obviously the Heatran was pissed, and instead of launching a Fire-type attack in retaliation, several sharp stones suddenly jutted out of the ground as it stamped down, hard in a Stone Edge attack.

Shit, Stone Edge! What else did he teach this?! He thought as the ground trembled, and the Swampert almost got caught in the aftermath.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 14:34:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]storm clouds quickly form above them before cracking, rain pouring from the RAIN DANCE. his eyes glance up, observing, then closes as water rushes down his face.

"i'm sure we'll be fine."

briefly, he thinks back to their battle with tapu koko. it had rained then, too, but it didn't deter charizard's resolve. this won't be any different.

before he can say anything else, STONE EDGES shoot from the ground, bursting free. charizard drifts off to the side, barely avoiding one, before being quickly forced to redirect back, avoiding another. it roars, then flies higher up.

through the rain, matias looks to his partner.

"we can keep it busy while your swampert attacks."

the ground rumbles and again, STONE EDGES burst. charizard's high enough to easily avoid most of them.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 16:55:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Much appreciated,” Lars replied, shoving the bangs that had now fallen on his forehead out of his line of vision.

The Heatran didn’t like the sudden weather change, but it was now angrier than it was earlier—another several attempts at Stone Edge rippled across the battlefield, sharp stones suddenly jutting out of the ground at random positions in an attempt to catch either the Swampert or the Charizard.

“Incoming!” he called out, and the Swampert looked up in time to see the Heatran was bearing down on the dual-type’s location with an attack! While Lars didn’t recognize what it was (as some of the attacks had the tendency to look the same) he knew that there was something off about it—

And the Swampert quickly conjured up a Protective barrier, repelling the furious weight of the Heatran’s Heavy Slam backwards until it shattered from the force and the weight.

“Shit,” he hissed, before the dual-type took a deep breath and released a powerful surge of Hydro Pump headed towards the Heatran.

“What the hell was that attack my Swampert blocked against, you know what it was?” he asked Matias.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 8:36:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"tch."

there's nothing matias can do but watch the STONE EDGES burst free, shooting up towards charizard who continues to evade them. but he can tell charizard's growing weary and tired from having to evade so often in such a short span of time.

incoming!

HEAVY SLAM collides against PROTECT — the sheer impact of it sends a surge of energy, dispersing rain in a short area around them for moments.

"it's HEAVY SLAM. don't get hit by it."

if heatran's refusing to fall for charizard's taunts, they'd have to get up close. charizard seems to realize as much and redirects in the air, soaring down to drag a SLASH across heatran's lava-hot skin.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 16:10:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was about to shout another warning to Matias, but he figured, since the other man was using a Charizard it wasn’t going to be affected by the Heatran’s Fire-type attacks.

Some kind of weird-ass immunity, or something.

Either way, now that the Heatran was distracted, the Swampert then slammed down both of her fists before a—

“Ryujin, what the fuck! Warm us at least!” Lars shouted as he felt his balance go off-tilt as a powerful tremor caused by an Earthquake attack shook the immediate vicinity.

Not wanting to be bested by this… beast at its own game, the Heatran let out a bellowing roar; before countering with an Earthquake of its own.

What the fuck! He thought as the Swampert was forced backwards due to the force and violence of the attack. Ouch.

“I wouldn’t want to call that one, but seeing as I have no choice—” he trailed off, regaining his balance and holding the line for a few moments.

While the rain continued, the presence that finally showed up may have caused the rain to turn into freezing Hail instead.

“I guess you know that I’m not like most people around here.”

A few moments later, the silhouette of an avian burst through the dark storm clouds, revealing itself to be the Ice-type deity that Lars held his allegiance to. Recalling the Swampert, he then cracked his own knuckles.

“Guess it’s time we get serious.”

and guess what made their belated appearance!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 12:25:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the EARTH QUAKES under the pressure from both sides. matias struggles to find his balance, lowering to a knee to wait it out.

RAIN turns to HAIL, calling for a shift in the battle.

matias peers up, grinning.

"about time."

charizard continues its assault, relentless in the way it flies back and forth, reaching close to SLASH away at heatran.

"show me articuno's power, lars!"

[attr="class","noodles"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inferno [m][a.q.u.a.]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 20:25:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Were you seriously waiting for this?” he said, turning back to face Matias with this perplexed look on his face.

As the last of the rain turned to freezing hail, the Articuno let out a shriek of displeasure at the Heatran down on the ground, who had stamped with both of its large feet, causing several large Stone Edge spikes to come rising out of the earth once more.

“Geez, this one doesn’t really know when to give up, huh?” he muttered, before a sudden blast of cold wind came from the direction of the ice deity.

Even if they knew that this was the absolute worse place to be in, the fact of the matter that they had seen another ‘legendary’ was now pissing it off, and therefore the Articuno then proceeded to drop an intensely frigid Blizzard down around the area, aiming at the Heatran.