November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 2:22:07 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.
JOIN ME IN THE HARD EMBRACE OF ARCEUS' TEN THOUSAND HANDS.”

Bill didn't mind flying, but it had been ages since he had been out on the water. Living in Sinnoh had been all mountains and snow, and as beautiful as Eterna City was, there was no port. There was always Canalave City, but a trip along a canal lacked the scope and impact of a day on the ocean.

Sootopolis ran a number of cruise yachts through the nearby water routes, ferrying people between the white city, Mossdeep, Lilycove and Ever Grande. It was a popular day trip, and one that he had taken hundreds of times back when he was a resident.

Bill checked his watch. If the pirates are on schedule, we have about twenty minutes. I should get to the top deck, he though. It was a planned attack, and would make him look good at the upcoming council election. The only thing more electable that a rich, Sootopolis local was a local hero.

He looked around at the tourists on the boat, with their thick lines of sunscreen and wide hats. Families were laughing and smiling, and taking pictures of the Mantine jumping alongside the boat. There was Rocket backup on the boat, too, though he didn't know who yet.

"Here, let me," Bill offered, taking the camera from a nearby father and capturing this perfect moment in a family photo. He snapped some well framed shots, capturing islands, ocean and a leaping Mantine in the background.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:56:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She wore a hat today.

Its wide, droopy brim did well to shade part of her face. While it wasn’t necessarily a disguise, it did make her blend in much more than her typically grim, black attire.

Additionally, she wore a white tank top, and a pair of fitted jeans. Feet, tattooed whole with black ink stuck out in flip-flops, the end of a dragon’s tail over the top of one of them.

She sat on a barstool, sipping a tequila on the rocks and watching the crowd carefully, and one in particular when he stuck out: Father Bill.

Drink still in-hand, she slid from her seat and went over, flashing a friendly grin. All for appearances.

“Father. Good to see you.”

Weird. It was what she’d been told to call him, though.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 16:38:33 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“Father. Good to see you.”

For a moment Bill mistook her for a civilian. Just another partying local enjoying the bar and blazing sun. Her hat was delightful, as well as functional, and there was a flare of fashion that was often missing in the punkish or utilitarian dress of a Rocket.

Her smile gave her away. It was too well practiced. Most people smiled shyly, or too enthusiastically, as if they were afraid of showing true enjoyment. Not her. Her smile was too wide. Too sharp and predatory to be anything but a weapon. 

Holy shit.
He couldn't wait to be inside those teeth.

"And it's wonderful to meet you," Bill said. He let the words linger, waiting for his partner to fill the space. "Is it just the two of us today?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 4:08:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
It was practiced.

Teeth faded behind a pressed smile and a tilt of her head.

“Think so, yeah.”

She sipped cheap tequila lightly, confident that it would not hinder her from completing the task at hand. “You in a hurry?” Maybe she was enjoying herself. This setting reminded her of that day on the cruise with ; back when things were, somehow, simpler. Definitely not simple—but, still.

They had about fifteen minutes to kill, right?

Salty breeze blew her bangs, reaching underneath the brim of her hat. The sun began to add color to her typically pale cheeks.

She nodded to the bar. “You drink?”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 15:51:12 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“You drink?”

"No hurry," Bill said. He watched Lulu's throat move as she drank her tequila. "No hurry at all." he repeated, softer this time. Soft enough that the pale breeze might have stolen some of the words. 

"I don't drink. Not anymore, anyway." He said, looking past her at the bar. "Sometimes I miss it. Miss being a dozen years younger and sorely lacking in hindsight." His eyes snapped back to Lulu. The wind twisted her hair like shifting bed linen. It made Bill think of dark, hot places, and hard floors covered in scratches. "But not today. Today I'm enjoying being out on the water. And I'm loving the view."

They rounded the point of Mossdeep, the swathes of mangrove green entangling the shores. Above the silt cliffs rose the Space Center, striking towards the Heavens. Bill felt the background vibrations of the twin engines soften for a beat. The ship course-correcting, turned languidly, before the thrum built back up and they headed out to open ocean. 

"So what's your foreplay?" Bill asked. There were no clouds in the sky today. No respite from the sun, and no hiding from Arceus' sight. "When I ran missions I liked to call my pregame the 'half and half'." He smiled, a slick flash of oiled ivory. "I'd smoke half a packet of Camerupts and drink half a bottle of Grey Zangoose." 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 9:31:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
As paranoid as she was, Lulu could sniff out and lock onto suspicious behavior from a mile away. Her eyes cut a perceptive hair or two at the particularly odd place his eyes lingered.

She raised brows at the ’half and half’ story. That seemed like a bit much, even for her before a mission. A shot or two would do her just fine, until later—and then it was, often times, ‘full and full.’

“Wow, Father. That’s a lot.” But who was she to judge? “I’ll be good with this.” Her glass was raised lightly and sipped again.

She looked out at the ocean for a few moments, and then back to him, speaking lower. “So, do you still do... um... worshipping, and all of that? Good book stuff?”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 23:27:55 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“Wow, Father. That’s a lot.”

"It could be a bit much," he admitted. He smiled at the compliment and shrugged off the words. "Rocket has mellowed a bit since then. Or maybe that's just me."

Around them the cruel, summer sun seared the sea, blinding rays reflected in the sheet of flat, open water. The boat was at cruising speed, and it chugged alone, cutting through the ocean like a slow blade through a molten mirror. 

"I still work for the Church," he confirmed. "I run the Eastern Chapter. Sootopolis, Ever Grande, and even a lit of work in Lilycove. Mossdeep doesn't have much of a religious population. Strange, since their telescope should be able to-" Bill cut off as the thunder of diesel motors carried across the waters. His head snapped to the side, eyes narrowing as he tried to track the approaching pirates. They were coming from the back side of the boat. "They're early," he said. His voice was unraised but his lips were twisted in distaste.

Bill leaned back against the railing. His eyes returned to Lulu. Around them, happy families chattered, holding buffet plates and throwing food to the Wingulls. Nobody else had heard the approaching pirates.
"Act casual. We wait for the screams." 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 22:29:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu had been to a church in Mossdeep. It was where had told her there was no ultimate god. Or at least, not there, she’d said.

She didn’t interrupt, until something interrupted him. He left her on the edge of her proverbial seat at ‘telescope’, glass melting in her hand. Her eyes didn’t follow his gaze. She knew it was the pirates. She didn’t care. As he turned away and cut off, she tried to pull him back. “Able to what? They were not done here.

At Father Bill’s command, she nodded and shrugged, as though she didn’t care either way. “Ok. So,” she leaned into the railing as well. Clearly, her interest was seized and would not be shaken without an answer. The telescope… What about it?”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 2:17:24 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“The telescope… What about it?”

"The telescope was finished a bit over twenty years ago. It was partly funded by Rocket, and we had a woman on the inside. One of the Astronomers. She was head of data collation." Bill said, returning to the topic. His casual, summer posture was markedly more rigid now. The job had about to start, and the ease of the waves and breeze were replaced with coiled anticipation. "On the books, the project was supposed to be searching for signs of life deep in the galaxy. Pokemon in space. Off the books, we were going to use the local data to track League satellites. 'Know what your enemy knows'. That sort of thing."

Bill's cadence picked up. He spoke at a quick trot, looking around casually. "Our contact, she sent in regular reports. Super detailed. And in one she reported that they had actually found signs of life. Far out in the blackness between stars. Something far from the ordinary blips of organic proteins. Something significant. She wanted to research it further, but her superior took control of the project. The man was dead in his apartment two weeks later. It looked like a suicide." Someone shouted, deep within the boat. There was a cry of alarm, and rough voices, but no screams. Not yet. 

"The project was put on hiatus, the woman quit, and the telescope was recommissioned for starfield research or something. The Mossdeep facility buried the greatest discovery they ever made. Out of fear." He shook his head, but his hair never broke from its dense formation. 

"The telescope should still be able to see it. That life in deep space. I didn't believe her report then, but I do now. With all my heart. Between those stars she saw the face of God."

Close at hand, a gunshot rang out. Someone screamed, and the mission began. 

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 0:39:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She noted the changes in him, but was more interested in the topic of the telescope, of course.

Signs of life deep in the galaxy. A wider smile tickled in her cheeks up to her ears, and her spirit was risen. She ate it up.

Rocket's crushing utilization of such a discovery made sense. Her skills had been used with a similar mindset for so long even before them, and now, with the resources she had, she was ready to explore her own endeavors. ‘Mad scientist’ shit, maybe.

The tale of tragedy did nothing to deter her. Lulu’s confidence soared with Darkrai. In her own mind (surely shared with Walsh—and he’d yet to check her so he must’ve approved of everything even if secretly at this point) she was invincible.

“That’s unfortunate.” It was muttered like the punctuating end of a prayer; but not actually caring.

The face of God.

She stared a moment, thought again of , and then sipped the drink she’d forgotten about. Then, more prodding.

“Is the telescope in Mossdeep? And where are the—”

BANG.

She instinctively ducked—along with many of the other people aboard.

Everything suddenly spun into chaos. Lulu looked squarely at the minister. “We’re not done.” she assured him plainly. Then, she was off, disappearing into the crowd towards the gunshot. Not shadow yet. She was still finishing her drink.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 9:36:43 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“We’re not done.”

Pandemonium rose from the surf to consume the boat. Scruffy pirates with harsh, blunt weapons shoved and clubbed their way through the boat, heading for the cockpit. A family was too slow getting out of their way and the leader, a man with more facial piercings than teeth, put them down. 

Bill kept back, waiting for the group to pass. Two more pirates brought up the rear, each with a hostage held against them. He stepped out to block their path.
"Let them go." He said simply. No need to mince words. The pirates sneered, as they had been paid to. One of them spat. That hadn't been in the contract, but it was expected. 

Quick and obscured. They will forgive brutality if they don't see it, Bill surmised. Abigail emerged in a cloud of low smog, her tongue licking out to sever the legs of the left man, slashing up at an awkward angle. The smog obscured the attack, reducing it to a flash of red in the rolling gray cloud. Both the screaming pirate and his captive tumbled to the ground.

The second pirate swore, a second before a shadowy arrow burst through his face from the back, puncturing his eye. He dropped like a bag of wet sand. 

Bill grabbed the wrists of the captives, hauling them up to their feet.
"Come on, let's get out of here."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 12:44:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
( this post contains dialogue by  selected from this post )

The drink was finished and she tossed the glass, whistled loudly, and then moved quicker.

It took a moment, but it all started coming back. Maybe it was the screaming, and the blood, and the need for something else to take its place in her mind.

"You asked me where God is…" The words of the seventeen-year-old rang through her head as she ran towards someone.

“God is leaving.”

She dodged bodies, towards chaos, and the opportunity to be a hero—albeit a fake one, maybe.

One of ’s trained fists knocked straight into a chin, releasing a child from dropping arms. Without looking, she reached down to take a small hand into hers, leading them towards their mother calling frantically out to them.

“The universe is expanding. Arceus is moving on.”

BANG.

The woman in front of them fell.

The tiny fingers in Lulu’s hand gripped hers too hard suddenly, nails clawing and drawing blood. She heard the pained scream next to her, but it was like white noise at this point.

“Fuck.”

She stopped, shaking, and staring a moment. “Fuck!”

Crouching down, she reached up to grab a crying face by the cheeks, staring back with wild eyes. “I’m gonna fix this, okay? I promise.”

Then, she left the child there alone, disappearing into the various shadows that ran across the deck. Noctowl swooped in, just as she rose up again to bring down the shooter. Her bird's HYPNOSIS began to drop him, but a knife in Lulu’s hand went to slit his throat anyways.

She felt sick.

"If you really want to make things right..."

The girl she’d met the night she’d captured the first Beheeyem had somehow managed to capture its message. She’d appeared next to her in a church, implying that it meant something.

A celestial message. To God?

From God?

He was leaving in the stars—apparently, captured by telescope. Why?

“…you'll have to bring him back."

Eventually, they finished the job.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 13:04:53 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“We’re not done.”

Bill was out of practice, but there was more than a decade of atrophy between his skills and those of a fucking pirate. It wasn't hard work. The ocean bore the heaviest burden, churning the dozen or so corpses to red mash. "Nice and clean," Bill said approvingly, as he tossed a loose foot overboard. Creatures were swarming now, and the tattooed flesh disappeared in a clash of waiting mouths. "Nothing of value lost."

The surviving crew gathered on the deck with the civilians. There was no big hero speech, for that would have been unseemly. People had died here today. Instead, Bill and Lulu were quietly seen helping the Captain. From a distance it was clear that they were the reason that everyone here still had light in their eyes. If anyone had been close enough to the trio, they would have heard a brief discussion over hazard pay. 

Blankets, warm drinks, and stories were shared through the civilians. They had been lucky today. Saved. By a pair of people who were in the right place at the right time. A real act of God.

Thank
Arceus for Bill and Lulu. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Out on the Water [M]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 5:40:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: