Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 18:29:49 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]
TIME TO SKIN SOME BASTARDS...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"what a god-damn shithole."
[break][break]
king runs a hand through his hair, pulling it back as it glitters beneath the sunlight.
[break][break]

fucking sand— it got everywhere.
[break][break]

in a languid motion, he thrusts hands deep into his pockets, staring out into the arid hellscape that awaited them.
[break][break]

king exhales heavily.
[break][break]

"fuck me."[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/Yh9bnLz/grimmylong1.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 20:15:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Yeah.” She agreed vaguely from around the filter of a cigarette. That it was. Being from Circhester, Lulu was not meant for sand. She had only grown used to it by now.

It burned down the last bit, and she spiked it into the terrain and kicked lightly.

Djall trotted somewhat ahead. He’d seemingly recovered mostly from Darkrai’s attack. His demeanor had returned as much as it might ever. At least, he wasn’t attempting to snap legs off, like that of poor .

Still, he had a new darkness to him, that seethed just below the surface. It matched Lulu’s, now.

“No time for that. We’ve got shit to kill.”

She followed down after the Houndoom. Its ODOR SLEUTH would surely detect what they were looking for.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 20:40:49 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
xen walked up to king's side, looking out past the dunes with a blank expression. the heat did little to effect the dual-type, but even if it did, he wouldn't show it. stoic bastard.
[break][break]
"maybe after then."
[break][break]

he quips back at the attractive woman, but doesn't actually feel it. meaningless flirtation wasn't on his mind today. instead, he looks to the woman's back, grinning.
[break][break]

"whoever kills the least of these fuckers buys drinks."
[break][break]

he doesn't stop to hear her reply. he follows none-the-less.

[break]

[newclass=.king .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/Yh9bnLz/grimmylong1.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 23:45:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
A lone middle finger stood on a fist over her shoulder. The other hand reached for a pokeball, and released a massive Onix onto the desert sand in front of them.

“Deal.”

“FIND THE SNAKES.”

The Onix gave a roar, and proceeded to dive into the sand. DIG sent it deep into the ground, to cause a stir and hopefully rise whatever slept in the sand to the surface.

Shortly, Djall began barking. They were getting closer to air.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 0:05:00 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he lets out one sharp-burst of laughter at her rude gesture.
[break][break]
"well i'll be damned— we may just get along yet."
[break][break]

curious baby blues watch the onix dive, but he quickly shields himself from the spray of sand and debris. after it breaks view, he wipes the dust from his clothing. then, like lulu, he brings out a pokemon of his own. a falinks.
[break][break]

"alright bravo company. ya buncha' lazy bastards. keep yer eyes out and make sure nothin' sneaks up on us, ye?"
[break][break]

the falinks, led by their brass, salute their shields as one, and break off into two separate teams that walk parallel to the trainers. should that line of defense fail, there was always the vigilant lucario at his side.
[break][break]

"hope you've been saving sweetheart. i've been workin' up quite an appetite. and i love to drink when i eat." [break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 1:18:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
It was people like and their dispositions which resonated most with Lulu, at her core, underneath the lab coat and the stony face. What was more, was the opportunity to beat someone at a game.

Fifi came out to play.

Silicobra began to poke out of the ground. Maybe Sandacobra were not far off.

“You said drinks—not dinner.” She looked over at him, face flat, but for the trace of smirk. The ground trembled. Her amber eyes went black, whites disappearing.

Onix burst through the ground a ways off, an explosion of dirt and rock spilling onto the ground around them. The rest of Lulu went black as her eyes, the edges of her body jagged and inhuman as she shrank into the ground, a ribbon of shadow shooting across to the underside of a rock newly lifted far off, close to a Silicobra.

The 'BANG' of a gun would be heard. Small, but effective, as she had caught it by surprise at close range.

Don’t damage the skin.

While that meant no INFERNO, or contact in general really from Djall, he and Onix were not done yet.

“ROUND THEM UP.”

A SAND TOMB stirred up around another Silicobra, closest to Lulu and the fresh carcass on the sand at her feet.

Her Houndoom went to work, snapping at any that attempted to burrow nearby. Onix would go for another dig if necessary.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 2:53:15 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king returns the smirk, teeth flashing.
[break][break]
"i did, didn't i?"
[break][break]

he whistles in appreciation, watching the head scientist's form become muddled in black shadowy substances before sinking into the ground. the shadow races across the dune and beneath a rock, before reforming with the barrel of a gun pointed downwards. a sharp bang later and... that was one less snake.
[break][break]

"rumors were true then, ye? heard there was a bunch of fuckers with pokemon abilities runnin' around here like no fuckin' tomorrow."
[break][break]

he chuckles a bit crazily.
[break][break]

"now it's a god damned competition!
[break][break]

king kicks his leg forward, a spray of sand catching the wind.
[break][break]

"xen, get the fuck in there! we're not losing today."
[break][break]

the lucario kicks off the sand at EXTREME SPEED, disappearing from sight momentarily. when he reappears it's a dozen feet above lulu's SAND TOMB entrapped snakes. he excels downwards at mach speeds with a METEOR MASH that sends out a shockwave from the impacts epicenter.
[break][break]

"what's that? one each?"
[break][break]

kings laugh echoes across the sands.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 3:33:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She disappeared to the dark side of another Silicobra, delivering the same fate before it was then done unto her.

Panicking from the chaos and onslaught, and herded into desperate community, the Silicobra took to defensive assault. A combined SAND ATTACK blinded the party of three, and Lulu hacked sand, struggling and eventually disappearing off to the side again. Perhaps it had worked with humans and robots, but pokemon were not to be underestimated.

She spit, eyes burning.

Her voice was strained when she answered.

“Two.”

“Onix! ROCK THROW!

Boulders rose and found trajectory towards their next victim.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 3:58:13 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
xen DETECTED the sand-attack coming, and moved out of its way quickly. in the same movement, he catches a snake with the edge of his heel, watching it skid over the sand's surface.
[break][break]
"you alright there sweetheart? havin' trouble hearin' ya!"
[break][break]

he gives a daring nudge to the lucario, and xen responds accordingly.
[break][break]

leaping from a nearby rock, lucario propels himself forwards and above the incoming ROCK THROW. a sphere of blue energy forms between both of the cobalt furred pokemon's paws as he shoots an AURA SPHERE through the boulder, and towards the rock's intended targets— a small cluster of snakes.
[break][break]
an explosion of energy scatters rock, sand, and other debris throughout the dunes.
[break][break]

"don't know how many that was, but i think i'm winning."
[break][break]

his laughter only becomes rougher as he cheats lulu out of those precious points.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 2:33:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“I said shutup!”

The rocks settled, and she spat again while assessing the damage from afar.

Two more were dead, but their skins were ruined. He’d said the game was to kill. She looked at them, dead for sport. It was the first time she’d done such a thing.

Hm.

“Four.” She said it to herself, and a memory flashed.

Her body buzzed, and she sprung back to action.

'I think I'm winning.'

“Djall!” she called to her dog, and he looked up at her. A thumb rounded towards the Lucario, and the Houndoom’s coordinates were rerouted.

Dark energy spilled from its long, sharp-toothed maw and its curse sprinted across sand, translating blue: another aura—a bad one—sent to consume in a FOUL PLAY—attempting to take out the competition.

This mission was now just a game.

Lulu grinned with similar darkness. The ground shook as Onix dove under again. DIG rattled the earth, just as the furthest of their prey began to disappear again. It kept them visible. Sand splashed around like water, as the Onix was closer to the surface than last time.

Finding it difficult to hold her footing, Lulu slipped into shadow again—though stayed mostly clear of the live Silicobra.

Instead, she found the largest boulder that had been surfaced by her pokemon’s damage, like before, under the ground. From it, more dark energy crept out, reaching for the nearest snake. As it got closer, it glowed and slipped into the brain. HYPNOSIS rendered it motionless on the ground.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 6:15:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"you're a big girl. COME N' MAKE ME!"
[break][break]
king roars with all the challenging ferocity of a dragon, and the mocking amusement of a gengar. the more frustrated lulu got— the more king fed off of it.
[break][break]

"xen!"
[break][break]

he too calls for his pokemon to retaliate. with an explosive kick-up of sand, the lucario races across the dunes. as he approaches the hostile hound, xen meets his FOUL PLAY with an attack of his own; a spread of kicks, and punches, as he gets the dark-pokemon in CLOSE COMBAT.
[break][break]

"don't think so, sweetheart. yer not gonna win that easily."
[break][break]

king releases yet another pokemon, the ivory light forming into the shape of a gabite. the sand shark looks around with keen interest, before placing vertically slitted pupils on king.
[break][break]

"bring me as many snakes as ye can. careful with the fuckin' skin, too."
[break][break]

with his orders, the dragon-type pushes her will into the sand, and like lulu's team earlier, begins to entrap as many pokemon as she could in a SAND TOMB. should luck have it, the onyx wouldn't be safe from her trap either.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 8:46:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Onix came up for air again, and it was surrounded by the storm of a SAND TOMB. Its horned head roared, jagged, and frustrated.

King continued to yell soft names at her, mocking. Lulu allowed it to drive the drums in her soul. He was fuel for her anger. Hatred. It was what she had come here for.

Let it out.

No words could express, so an inkling of the energy boiled out of her throat in a hissing sigh, and she went forth for another kill.

Djall could handle his fight. He had been waiting for it. Cold, marble floors of Home did little for the guard-dog of Darkrai. Twisted by nightmares, and an ever-lingering scent against his master he couldn’t place, his teeth were drawn for eternity. They snapped down—a vicious CRUNCH towards a leg of Lucario.

Eventually, the prey dwindled to motionless, even as the fight continued.

Lulu resurfaced beside King as their chaos waged, breath somewhat heavy from having expended more energy than she typically did—on anything.

“You’re a smug fuck.” She sniffed.

“Bet I can drink you under the table.”

She looked over their mass of damage, under the shadow of the competitive attacks of their companions. Fate had been delivered in full; now all was left to harvest.

“You’re going to teach me how to do this.”

She started down towards a carcass.

Djall unleashed an INFERNO around the Lucario and growled. Even with the job done, its energy flared. Opponents were rare. It had so much darkness to inflict. It protruded in huffs from its teeth. A NASTY PLOT brewed.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 17:47:07 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"all right, cut the shit. let the ugly fuck go."
[break][break]

the gabite at his side huffs, but obeys. the SAND TOMB ends and the onyx is freed.
[break][break]

lulu appears beside him, breathing heavily and with a sheen of sweat on her forehead. his lips pull back into the predatorial smile.
[break][break]

"here's a hint, sweetheart, everyone ye'll ever meet is a smug fuck. i just don't pretend i'm not."
[break][break]

he sneers in amusement.
[break][break]

"in yer fuckin' dreams. but dun' worry, i'll take it easy on ye. but don't expect not to be nursin' a killer fuckin' headache tomorrow."

[break][break]

he shrugs though, as he finishes.
[break][break]

"ah, fine. hope ye ain't squeamish."
[break][break]

king follows, the falinks in tow. he approaches one of the dead creatures, placing a boot just beneath it's head. he's careful to put too much pressure, as to avoid breaking any of the snakes ribs. king gives the brass of the falinks a subtle, annoyed nod and it responds— by cutting off the creatures head.
[break][break]

"this is the fun part."
[break][break]

retrieving a knife from his boot, and picking up the snake in the same movement, he holds it up for the woman to see. he places the bladed tip into the only place the sun don't shine in this hell hole, and begins cutting downwards towards the head.
[break][break]

halfway done.
[break][break]

on the other side of the field, the two pokemon continue their battle. when the hounddoom's jaw comes in for a CRUNCH, lucario counters with his CLOSE COMBAT, pushing the canine's maw away and putting distance between the two.
[break][break]
crouching, he DETECTS the heat rise even further around him, as the INFERNO begins to rage and cacoon itself. sucking in a breathe, an explosion of sand follows, as he moves away at EXTREME SPEED, dodging the surge of hellfire.
[break][break]

as he stops, sand kicks up in waves. his chest rises and falls heavily, but xen controls his breathing in an effort to maintain composure. around him, ethereal swords appear, moving rhythmically in a SWORDS DANCE. the lucario eyes the hounddoom with disregard, and disinterest.
[break][break]
with one arm placed behind him, and the other moving in a 'come hither' motion. xen prepares for a full-scale battle.

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 11:21:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm.”

“I don’t have dreams, Asshole. I don’t sleep.”

It was true, at this point. Lulu hadn’t slept in… she couldn’t remember how long. She lived on the dreams and the rest of others, parasitic; vampiric.

“And if you don’t quit calling me ’Sweetheart’, I’ll give you the worst ones you’ve ever had.”

She returned his predatory grin. Don’t tempt me.

Eyes curiously and without bother as the knife stabbed through and sliced downward. Didn’t mind the blood as it began to run down into sand.

Meanwhile, Djall was riled further by the Lucario’s casualness. Though the sand doused the flames a little, they kept up, fueled by the hound’s corrupt rage.

More dark energy plumed, and a FOUL PLAY went to curse Lucario’s swords, thrashing in a grand purple glow, and attempting to use the opponent’s newfound strength against it.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
arid anger [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 7:18:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king looks up at the woman, his face scrutinizing.
[break][break]
"it's a figure of fuckin' speech. do ye take everything so literally? arceus."
[break][break]

the crass rocket veteran returns his gaze back down to his work, but he mumbles something in response to her threat. it's nearly imperceptible, to all but the greatest of listeners. 
[break][break]

"they can't get any worse."

[break][break]
and for the slightest moment, the overly-cocky, smug face of king falters. but then he's pushing down the rising tide of emotions once more— his specialty. 
[break][break]
king looks up , forcing a smirk of his own. he enjoyed lulu's blunt nature. she was easy to get along with, surprisingly. those that could banter with him earned his respect much easier than the other little shits.
[break][break]

"now cut the shit that connects the muscle to the skin."
[break][break]

he gives her an example, starting from the base of the head and moving downwards. he takes the knife and, as delicately as he can in the middle of an arid landscape, cuts the connective tissue between the meat and the skin. it's not pretty by any means, but it works.
[break][break]

"when that's done—"
[break][break]

with all the grace of a barbarian, he pulls the skin one way, and the meat another. the two begin to seperate until finally, the vast majority of it lies skinned.
[break][break]

"—ta-da."
[break][break]

its hard to hide the sarcasm in his voice, eyes wandering to the sound of combat across the sands.

[break][break]

he turns his head towards the battle just in time to see the FOUL PLAY'S dark energy begin to interfere with the lucario's SWORD DANCE.
[break][break]

like something possessed, they turn on their owner, creating two quick gashes into his fur before he's able to dodge out of the techniques path. the swords fall to nothing, but the lucario bleeds from a gash on his chest, as well as another on his hip. despite the damage, xen shows no outward appearance that it effects him in any way. instead, he stares down the dog with renewed fervor.
[break][break]

then he's gone.
[break][break]

using his EXTREME SPEED he places himself above the hounddoom, bringing his fist down for a nasty METEOR MASH.
[break][break]

a smirk plays at king's lips as he watches the two fight, a devilish idea coming to him.
[break][break]

"shall we make another wager then?"
[break]

[break]