saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 4:59:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"really?"

he never would've thought. eva seems so comfortable and free and at ease in the air that it seems strange to think she was ever anything but. but then again...

"i was also afraid of heights."

he chuckles softly, then thinks back.

"i think it was a month after i joined the league. i wanted to get over it, so i had ash fly us up. i remember the clouds looked like little balls of cotton from that high up. and then i just...jumped."

smiling, he says:

"it felt freeing."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 5:23:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
A similar look of surprise flashed across Eva’s face, “Huh, I would have never guessed,” Matias seemed like a natural up there with Ash, “Goes to show how much people can change, huh?” she sips her wine again before smiling, no, grinning, “It is freeing, huh?” she felt it too, more than just the rush. Though, it’s the rush she’s usually after.

“I was never brave enough to jump, though,” she glances away to reminisce, “I had to have someone push me,” sometimes that’s what she needed – a good push.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 5:38:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it reminds him, in a way, of the circumstances of why they're sat here tonight. both of them had been afraid to jump; both of them needed a push; and he's still not sure what changed but he's glad he took the leap.

hopefully, it'll pay off.

"you're brave enough now."

but she doesn't need him to tell her that.

"i mean, you got zapped by tapu koko and walked it off. that's badass."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 6:04:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The reason she’s here tonight is because he’s pushed her. Not in a bad way, of course. He’s challenged her in a way no one else has been able to. It’s exciting, intriguing, and terrifying all at the same time. He makes her want to dig deeper, and leap into long sealed off fissures she keeps well-protected.

Eva laughs, shaking her head and leaning back into her chair with her glass of wine in hand, “It was just a little jolt, no big deal,” she shrugs it off before motioning back to Matias, changing the subject to another question, “Have you ever traveled outside of Hoenn or Kanto?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 11:13:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it was not just a little jolt — he'd know because he was zapped by something similar, albeit weaker, so he can only imagine what it must have felt like for her. he remembers the reduced mobility that plagued his arm for a bit, even after their night together.

but the topic soon shifts. he uses the brief lull to reach for his fruity drink, quickly sipping only to feel the burn of liquor and sugar hit the back of his throat. he almost coughs, chuckling instead as he extends it over to her.

"you should try this."

to her question, he shakes his head.

"i've wanted to visit sinnoh for a while now. cece's there, apparently, so it'd be nice to see her again."

it's been, what, over ten years since he's last seen her? whenever he left home.

"any dream vacations?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 11:47:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
There’s a moment of hesitation before she reaches forward to accept his offer. After her own sip of the frozen drink, Eva coughs as the burn surprises her. She should have taken his reaction as a warning, it’s not like Matias is an amateur, “Wow,” she coughs with a smile, handing the drink back over, “That’s surprisingly strong,” event he sweetness of the sugar didn’t hide the burn of the rum.

Eva washes it down with a sip of wine, as he speaks. The two clashing palates was not the most pleasant, but it fades quickly, "Sinnoh seems nice," Eva’s never really had a desire to visit Sinnoh, though traveling and seeing new places was an adventure and, naturally, she loved that. An unfamiliar name catches her attention, “Cece?” She repeats, letting his question blend into the background.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 11:53:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias is comfortable enough to lower his perception and insight and completely misses the point of her question. he supposes not many know of her nickname, and so he clarifies:

"cecilia. it's been too far too long."

he takes another sip, clearing his throat after as he sets the glass back down.

"but i suppose vacations aren't really our thing."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:01:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
He doesn’t answer her question. Well, perhaps it wasn’t really a question. She should have been more clear. Is he avoiding it on purpose? She doubts it, considering how causal his response is, as if she’s supposed to know who that it is. She smiles, so it doesn’t seem out of place, “I don’t think I know who Cecilia is,” a sister maybe? Eva sighs, shaking her head, “Not really, unfortunately.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:35:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"cecelia silph?"

oh.

it takes a second, but it finally clicks.

realization settles, then spreads, but surely he's told her, hasn't he?

"my younger sister."

a pause to consider.

"who did you think i was talking about?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 3:59:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Cecelia Silph? Should the name sound familiar? She pauses, blinking slowly while looking at him. He seems to think she should know who he is talking about. A hot blush rises in her cheeks. Doubt settles. Should she, really? Maybe? How embarrassing if she forgot about his frikken sister if he had mentioned her before. Why wouldn’t he have, after all?

“I uh- I don’t know,” she admits with a nervous laugh. She smothers it with a healthy sip of wine, “I’m sorry, I guess I didn’t recognize the name.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 4:26:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias is never one to linger on a thought for too long; in this case, he simply shrugs and moves the conversation along.

"don't be. i guess i never spoke about her."

he offers her a smile, compassionate, and reaches for his drink again.

"tell me more about your brothers."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 5:38:11 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Matias is quick to shrug it off and move on. It still makes her feel uncomfortable, but his smile puts her at ease. She’s surprised by how quickly he leaves the subject. Now she wants to know more about her, but his inquiry about her brothers distracts her thoughts.

“They’re just a bunch of . . . guys,” she laughs, waving a hand in dismissal. Not a very satisfying answer, so she continues, “Well, I haven’t talked to them in a long time so . . . I’m not quite sure what they’re all up to, honestly,” there’s a bit of sorrow weaved into her tone. Maybe some regret, “They are all so different. My oldest brother was always the most responsible one, the most family oriented. Bet he’s got a cute little family somewhere. The one closest to me in age had always been a bit off. I love him, for sure, but he’s always had this . . . darker side none of us could quite figure out,” she worried about him every now and then, always afraid he was going to get into it with the wrong people, “My second oldest brother is very artsy and creative, doesn’t look much like the others,” in other words, he was skinny and small, like her, “The two middle brothers are twins. They stuck around the ranch. Both of them picked up on all that stuff quickly,” she hopes they’re still there with her father so he isn’t lonely, “That was a lot, sorry!” she laughs before finishing the last of her wine. The temptation to mimic Matias’s order makes her pause. She gives in and motions to the waitress that she’ll have whatever he’s having. She flashes Matias a smile, “You convinced me to be adventurous.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 8:51:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's almost difficult to imagine a life beyond theirs. to hear of her brother's little family, of their ranch, almost seems surreal in a way. he nods, keenly listening with a smile.

"they sound like quite the bunch,"

he laughs,

"i'm not sure which one i'll get along most with."

in all honesty, probably the one closest to her in age.

he returns her smile with ease, dipping into playful territories.

"be sure to pace yourself, eva. i need you around for the night."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 13:05:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
“Wow, you seem confident I’ll even let you meet them,” she matches his playfulness with a smile. Of course, she hopes he can because that would mean they got to go home. She too wonders which he would get along with best. She’d put her money on her oldest brother, actually.

Her playful smile turns into a grin, “Oh? There’s more after this?” things seem to be going very well. There’s no reason to think it wouldn’t. Whatever nervous pressure she felt earlier had long since faded. So, she hopes there’s more.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
long overdue
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 13:23:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]when is he not confident? he would love to meet them, to finally visit the ranch, to see more of her life beyond the war.

"there's more."

he confirms, grinning.

"like the house tour, for one."

it's not much of a tour given how rarely he's there, but he leaves it for her to discover later.

"so best not get too drunk, doctor."

the waitress returns with their food, placing plates in front of them before leaving.

[attr="class","noodles"]