[attr="class","contestHead"]
[attr="class","contestIMG"]

[attr="class","contestTitle"]CUTE CONTEST
SHOW OFF YOUR PKMN!

[attr="class","contestLogo"]

[break]

[break][break][break]

[break][break]
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857174491044773901/858950077838393404/Pokemon_Masters_EX_OST_-_Vs_Lisia_HQ.mp3[/player][break][break]
“HELLO, LILYCOVE! THANK YOU ALL FOR ATTENDING TODAY'S POKEMON CONTEST!”
[break]

A salty breeze blows through full stands—set up in a beautiful, flowering meadow just uphill from the beach. The ocean glitters under the sunlight on the horizon, and the sky's blue above is gradually fading into a watercolor sunset. Flattering natural light is cast across the stage. Conditions could not be better for a contest![break][break]

An announcer begins, bubbly and alight with all the world’s enthusiasm. She claps and grins for the cameras and the full audience. “Today, we’ll be grading seven fabulously adorable constestants, including a mystery competitor presented by the Lavaridge Gym Leader; the robust; Zac Ramsay!” She waves her arm dramatically. There are claps and cheers, and the announcer squeezes the microphone with both hands. “Oh, I couldn’t be more excited! I love surprises, don’t you, Chip?”[break][break]

Chip, the oldest judge placed left-of-center on a four-person panel, answers with hands going to the air. “Yes, yes, splendid Rosie! I can’t wait to see what these sweet babies have in store for us today!” The Slurpuff next to him—judge #3—also waves its arms. “Slurp! Slurpuff”[break][break]

Rosie giggles and the cameras cut back to her, zooming in. It can be seen on multiple projection screens to each side of the stage. “Let’s take a closer look, then! round one will introduce our competitors, so we can get to know what makes those cute faces tick. Ugh! So cute, really…”[break][break]

[break][break]
THE PANEL[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]
GUIDELINES[break][break]
Post an introduction for your character's pokemon. Specifically, focus on what makes them "cute" to your character. This takes place primarily on a stage set up in the middle of a field. Feel free to use the environment, without limiting yourself to the stage.[break][break]
No need to roll this round. Also, this is 1 out of 3.[break][break]
You will have until JULY 15, 12 AM PST to post, or else you will not move forward in the contest.[break][break]

[attr="class","contestPokemon"]
[attr="class","contestPKMNHeadBG"]

[attr="class","contestPKMNHead"]

[attr="class","contestAppeal"]
APPEAL

[attr="class","contestAppealIMG no"]

[attr="class","contestAppealIMG yes"]

APPEAL

@archimedes

APPEAL

APPEAL

APPEAL

APPEAL

APPEAL

[break]

[attr="class","contestFoot"]
[attr="class","contestIMG"]

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#d15392[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lilycove cutie contest [bc]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 20:17:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
archimedes was nervous, especially since he'd never been involved in a contest before. but the agency had figured it would be good for his image if he showed up and did some more public activities in hoenn! and he agreed! a cute contest wasn't exactly what they had meant but he liked the idea of getting to show off one of his pokemon. armani was a cute little guy and it was only fair that he ended up getting some of the spotlight. especially since he was archimedes' first pokemon. but that was enough of that.

it was hot out which meant that his outfit needed to be light and easy to move in. but it also meant that he could put a cute little bucket hat on armani as well. the emolga waved to the judges as they rushed up onto the stage, excited to take their turn. "hello everyone! my name is archimedes and this is my best buddy armani the emolga!" he gently held the emolga in his hands as it used acrobatics to jump up into the air, doing a flip to try and impress the judges. "as you can see he's small and very cute! he fits perfectly in the palm of your hand or in your pockets!" which was important when you were on the go a lot.

"plus, when he eats his cheeks get all puffy! and what's cuter than that?" pulling out a few berries he tossed them in the air, where armani shocked them in mid air. "oh, also! he cooks his own food." out of the air the berries were plucked and shoved into his face as he landed on the judges' table, arms tucked behind his back and eyes shining as his cheeks poked out. full of food. "so not only is armani cute but he's capable. thank you!" he bowed from the stage and armani bowed on the judges' table before gliding back to his trainer. nuzzling him. armani ignored the feeling of electric on his cheek as they waved and headed off the stage for someone else's turn.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 20:50:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"h-hi, everyone!" Alice burst out, waving both hands into the air. this was her first ever contest, and she was both excited and nervous. as she steps into the field, fresh off the beach in her red striped bikini and wrap, she grins to the crowd. her outfit was adorned with seashells of various colors. with the sea to her back, she addresses the crowd. "my name is Alice, and this is Primarina."

she steps out of the way to reveal the siren. probably to a lot of people, it was silly to invite a water-type to the stage. especially in the middle of a field. but Alice didn't want to change who she was, or her Pokémon were, simply to fit in. to her, Primarina were adorable. so all that was left was to make the crowd believe it too. even if we don't win today, we're going to have fun!

"Primarina is a born performer" she begins, placing a hand against her chest "and has the sweetest voice. she likes to dance and sing to cheer me up - so to me, she's the best partner I could have!" it felt odd to hype a Pokémon up to a crowd of people who had their own likes and dislikes "even on land, I think she's cute. in fact, I think she's even cuter."

the siren claps her oversized flippers, barking. 

"her starfish hairpins are adorable, and those pearls are super classy" Alice couldn't contain her squeal "what better Pokémon embodies the cuteness of the sea than a singing mermaid?" she smiles fondly at her Pokemon before they both begin to walk off the stage "thank you!"
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 6:23:25 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
Unlike the other more confident performers, Michiko looked positively mortified to be in a real contest. She tugged at her husband's jacket sleeve anxiously where they stood off to the side of the stage, watching Alice introduce her Primarina.

"Is this really all right?" she kept asking. He squeezed her hand reassuringly. Michi already knew his answer. The professor had recently taken some leave from Galarian fieldwork to come watch the Hoenn Star Tournament, but inevitably he would return to his work abroad. It felt like she was wasting their precious time together-- she'd wanted to cancel her entry, but when Mickey had heard about the Cute contest, he'd insisted she attend. "Oh, it's my turn!"

"Knock 'em dead, sweetie!"

The older woman climbed the steps up to the stage, clutching what looked like a cartoonish stuffed animal to her chest. "G-good afternoon, everyone!" she cried, some of her nerves melting away as she saw Mickey giving her the Victory sign in the crowd. "I am Michiko Maeda! I am from Petalburg City. This Pokemon is Kokoa!" 

Litleo meowed, a hoarse, lion-cub sound. "Waaao."

"I name Kokoa after my favorite winter drink," Michi went on, "It is not so sweet, so I can enjoy on cold days! I also enjoy Litleo on cold days, because she is very warm." There was a reason Pyroar blankets were such a popular design. That didn't explain all the unnecessary Pyroar merchandise in her house, but she had Mickey to blame for that. Ever since he uncovered the ancient Pyroar Burial mask... oh, well. It's not so bad.

"The reason Kokoa is so cute is because..."

A pause. Then the older woman's cheeks grew pink and she covered her mouth to hide her giggle. "It is because she looks like my husband!" A laugh burst out from between her fingers.

The audience chuckled and Mickey mouthed I Do Not, which didn't stop the older woman's giggles. "My husband loves Pyroar very much, so I get Litleo to think of good memories when he is away. When I see her face--"

Michi turned Kokoa towards her, looking deep into her giant googly eyes and intensely 3-shaped kitty mouth. Michi's face seemed to soften. "It is impossible not to think of my husband! So, they are very alike."

"Waaaao!" Litleo agreed, sparking another ripple of amusement through the audience.

Michi had considered letting Kokoa down to run around in the grasses around the stage, but she did not think it was cute when Litleo ran around at night in her house and woke up all the dogs, so she remained holding the lion cub in her arms instead.

Realizing her time was up, she bowed earnestly to the audience and scurried back off stage with a final "Thank you!"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:05:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"What makes something 'cute'?" Zac asked, his voice filling the contest hall like a golden retriever in a bed that was too small for it. "For millennia we have looked to our hearts for the answer."

A pale pink spotlight turned on high above, illuminating a pedestal set in the center of the stage. On the top sat a single Pokeball. Waiting patiently. 

"But no longer! For hearts are unnecessary, when we have the truthful yet delicate sword of science that can deftly strike right at the core of cuteness!" A second, bright pink spotlight flicked on, this one pointed at a whiteboard that Zac had wheeled in earlier. On it were four dot points, written in flowing yet, legible script.

• Head to body ratio
  • Eye size
  • Huggability
  • Practicality

"In my extensive studies in the field of Cuteology, I have come across an universal truth: that the cuteness of any creature is based upon its combined score in these four areas." He pointed to the four points in turn.

"Humans feel attachment to babies. It's an evolutionary response to keep our young safe. Baby humans are cute, baby Pokemon are cute, hell you could anthropomorphize a hammer and with the right tweaking people would be calling it the cutest little hammer in the shed!"

"But why do we think babies are cute? Easy. Head-to-body ratio." Using a kitten-shaped laser pointer Zac indicated the first point on the board. "Big head equals baby. That's how we know something isn't yet developed and requires our care and attention."

Zac moved on to the second point. "Big eyes are the second giveaway that something is still a baby. Eyes don't grow as we age, but the skull does, reaching correct proportions after several years! Big eyes equals baby, baby equals cute. These two factors compose the mental/evolutionary component of visual based cuteness."

"Next we have something more straightforward: huggability." Zac pulled out a plush Toxel, setting it on a second pedestal that he had also prepared earlier. "Isn't it 'cute'?" Zac asked. He give the audience a moment to nod and softly espouse the general cuteness of the baby Pokedoll. Zac motioned towards the Pokedoll, and it erupted in poisonous spikes. Someone in the crowd screamed.

"Many a time," Zac said, pushing on through the shocked murmurings of the audience, "I've found myself entranced by an adorable Pokemon, only to find that hugging it just wasn't practical! A spiky Togedemaru, a Magby with their burning spit. It's a letdown! It sucks! If I find something cute but I can't hug it, it's fundamentally unfulfilling."

"This links in with my final points,"
Zac said, moving on to the 'Practicality' dot point. "If it's cute, and safe to hug...is it good? I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about." Several people in the audience nodded. "Solid rock. Slimy outer skin. A hard exoskeleton. Some Pokemon aren't made for hugging, and it can make the event unenjoyable, painful, or just plain messy."

"So now we know what we're looking for, and I'm sure you have some ideas for what meets these criteria. So what's the cutest Pokemon?"

"Huntail is an obvious choice, with its huge eyes and great HtB ratio. But it's too wet! It's like hugging a four foot long, soaped up pool noodle. And those fangs make the prospect more eviscerating than exciting!"

"Onix I hear you say?  Well that large head and eyes make it approachable, but even I can't wrap my arms around it! Not to mention the rocky body can be dangerous when you're trying to get a good cuddle going."

"Must huggable Pokemon? Ditto! It's pliable, shapeable, and offers the perfect amount of resistance. But it's got no clearly defined head! And its eyes are tiny!"

"What about Arcanine? It's fluffy and huggable, but its head is average sized at best. A great hugger, but not the level of cuteness we're looking for.

No. We need something that was almost designed for affection. Something that's human sized, with a massive HtB ratio, and HUGE eyes. And that leaves only one option."

Zac reached over and touched the Pokeball that had been waiting on the pedestal. 

"The cutest Pokemon is...."

Claydol

"It's Head to Body ratio is unparalleled, and its number of eyes is far higher than average. The dispersion of eyes around its head also makes it cute from any approach vector!

You would think that its large head would hamper huggability, but it doesn't! At under 5 feet, it's a great size for a cuddle. Its thin neck allows for a complete reach. 

It's genderless, and built from clay, meaning its got just enough give. It's not squishy, and it isn't rock hard either. Of the dozens of materials I tested, clay was by far the closest to flesh in terms of resistance and density. 

In conclusion, Claydol scores highly in all four of the judged criteria, with a final scores scientifically proving that it is the cutest of all Pokemon. Thank you."

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 3:58:17 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

"What's the best way to find the cutest pokemon, you ask? Well, you could do a lot of research and read a lot of books but where's the fun in that?"

[break][break] Moments after took the stage, Artie and his Pikachu followed. The blond was dressed in the same garments that he always was, with the exception of wearing a pikachu headband, which he also hands to the judges as he walks onto the platform.

[break][break] "What's the point when clearly the cutest pokemon is Pikachu!"

[break][break] His hands flashes out and Hermes jumps to form, letting out an adorable "CHUUU!" as he does so. He T-POSES briefly before NUZZLING his trainer cutely, sparks flying from his face onto Artie's face. The man does not seem to notice.

[break][break] "Why question if Pikachu are the cutest when society has already done the job for us? Look at all the Pikachu-merchandise available in stores: Pikachu backpacks, Pikachu designer handbags, Pikachu-themed shoes. Why, even Starboks has a promotion for a Pikachu-themed drinks right now!" Pulling out from seemingly nowhere, Artie pulls out a Starboks bag. From it, he pulls out several Pikachu-themed drinks which he walks forward and sets on the counter for the judges.

[break][break] "Not that it's needed, but Hermes. Why not show the judges why you are the best?"

[break][break] He reaches for his side, where his own Honedge is always held. He grabs the hilt of the blade, holding it parallel to him and watches as the Pikachu jumps atop it. Artie then pushes upwards, flinging the Pikachu mid-air into a somersault where he lands perfectly before the judges, letting out little hearts of ATTRACT as he does so. "CHUUU!" the pokemon says once again.

[break][break]

[break][break] Hermes then skitters back to Artie's side, just as the prince is giving a bow.

[break][break] "Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt, and Hermes, ladies and gentlemen."

[attr="class","ooc"] @cutecontest [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pikachu"]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#62d8f9; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 4:30:50 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
They had some tough—or, cute acts to follow. Everyone had been charming—although she hadn’t been entirely sold on the Claydol, despite ’s illuminating presentation. All boxes were indeed checked, though. Then, there was a prince, and a particularly adorable mouse with equally adorable headbands to charm the judges…

No matter. Eliora was confident in the little egg poking out of her folded arms. She carried it carefully up the steps, hugging it close, until they were centerstage, from where she beamed down at the audience and the judges. Finally, she gripped hands on either side of the egg and held it up.

“Come on out, Togepi!”

’Preee!’

It sprang out from the cracks in its shell—two feet, small hands held out wide to present itself, tiny facial features carved with utter amusement at its own trick. Tada! Surely, no one had known it was there before. Togepi was a master of stealth.

“We have some cute competition, but we’re still confident, right?”

There was another joyful squeal in return.

“Togepi may not have the biggest head, or eyes, but she is pretty huggable.” Ellie held the small fairy-type closer, pressing it against her cheek for a moment. “They say that Togepi has the power to make people happy! If you’re kind to them, they store that kindness away, and turn it into joy for others when they’re close.”

Her smile puffed her cheeks with pride.

“And this little one really loves to play peek-a-boo! We think that's pretty cute, don't we Togepi?”

The Togepi made sounds and wiggled its stubby arms about before withdrawing into its shell again. A few moments, and it sprang back out with the same enthusiasm as before. It was a star, and it was shining bright; basking in the applause and awe it had inspired.

“That's all for us, for now! Thank you!”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:54:02 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
bandaids cover a length of his arm and a bunch on his face, while the pants hid more. the cordial smile matches the mood of the event.

following the other performances, priam walks in with a zigzagoon on his arms. the small pokemon appears to be wrestling its way out of priam's hold, the new scratches on the trainer's arm being a sign of how much struggle has happened.

"wait, no! i got the one!"

his pace starts to get hurried until the zigzagoon finally leaps out of priam's arms, kicking him in the face as he escapes. priam wipes the part of his face before walking forward like nothing happened.

"i got a cutie zigzagoonie!" he exclaims. "i got him just yesterday. he is very cute and full of personality."

it is clear that the zigzagoon is wild and has not been trained properly just yet. it simply runs around in a zigzagged circle around the stage.

"he was digging through the trash and i saw him there and i told myself, 'oh my arceus, he's the cutest little shit!' so i did what i had to do and..."

he chases after the zigzagoon for a while and scoops him up. priam gets a bunch of other scratches for the ordeal, but doesn't seem to be fazed by it. pain was nothing in the face of cute.

"got him like this! by the way, he is the cutest. thank you all."

@tags