awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 7:23:25 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Scouring the region's wilds in search of new pokemon, Derek finally happened upon Mt. Pyre, specifically Route 121. The sun was well on it's way to and past the horizon, leaving only minutes of scarce daylight left for them to see clearly.

Thankfully for him, Derek had his own personal flashlight in the form of a Charmeleon named Apollo. He was a moody little shit, but even so, Apollo had his moments. Right now was one of them, as he couldn't wait to be let loose. It'd been awhile since he was allowed to leave his pokeball as well, so the opportunity to stretch his legs wouldn't be missed.

Their forward pace eventually lead them towards a silhouette, gradually becoming clearer that it was a male. Hoping that they might afford him a quick chat so that he could ask what kind of pokemon they'd seen, Derek wasted no time chasing towards them. "Hey, wait! I know it's getting dark, but do you got a minute?"

| duo wild
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 15:03:32 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gastly"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon absol"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gardevoir"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon chimchar"]

The silhouette was none other than Sam Carter, caretaker of Mt. Pyre, out on a nightly run of evil spirits.

You know how it is.

Hearing somebody call out had him looking up from the map he had out, arching an eyebrow. His source of light was his chimchar's tail of a flame. Around him a gardevoir and absol could be seen. His gastly remained in the shadows, a proper asshole.

"Evening," he greeted the stranger as he turned toward them, chimchar bouncing on his shoulders a bit and giving a sniff, fingers moving into Sam's hair as she attempted to climb atop his head and inspect the stranger. "I've plenty of minutes to spare. What do you need?"

If asked his name he'd give his whole spiel, but for the time being, he'd just allow the question to be asked. Whatever question that was, anyway.
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 21:32:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PHANTUMP APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN LEECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SABLEYE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER GEM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:13:14 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Well, I was gonna ask if you'd seen any pokemon, but..." Pointing at their surroundings, the gleaming eyes of two pokemon that didn't like the trainers lurking began to approach. Allowing his Charmeleon to take the lead, Derek didn't even have to give it any commands before it chased the Sableye off with a flamethrower.

One aimed right at it's face.

The heat was too much, as well as the bright flash of light, causing the wild Sableye to turn tail before it got burned. Turning his attention away from the battle now that it was over, Derek figured he might as well introduce himself. The guy seemed friendly, if not at least fond of some company right now. Or maybe he just didn't want to seem rude.

"I'm Derek. I take it you're also here looking to catch some pokemon, then?"

| scared away sableye (skipping)
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 23:25:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon chimchar"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gastly"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon absol"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gardevoir"]

As Derek pointed, Sam watched. The charmeleon that chased the sabeleye away had caught his chimchar's eye in an interesting sort of way. Curious about the dragon, she followed by climbing up into the tree and following him.

"Sam Carter," the Ferryman began his introduction before holding out a hand for Derek to take. "I'm the caretaker here at Mt. Pyre."

Granted, he was a newer caretaker. Only about a two months old in the realm of taking over. So far, he'd managed to get all files digital and had gotten enough warning signs up that travesties had come down in number around the number.

As she followed, one of the trees she landed on started to move. Chimchar immediately let out a small squeak, twisting her body with a flame wheel. She and the phantump ended up on the ground in front of Sam and Derek. She gave Sam a sheepish sort of apologetic smile while the phantump had 'x's for eyes.

Sam released Derek's hand after his introduction and his chimchar stormed toward them with a now unconscious phantump. He tossed a duskball at the phantump and then sighed.

"We're out patrolling the grounds, trying to put the ghost types to rest here."

capturing the phantump
-1 pokeball
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 2:16:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DHELMISE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STEELWORKER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WHIRLPOOL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ABSORB

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLOWBRO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZEN HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOMP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 8:18:50 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Letting go of the hand, Derek can't help but smirk at the little Chimchar's accomplishment before turning his attention back to Sam. "Sounds like busy work, though I guess it means you usually don't have to work as much during the day?" Or at least that's what he thought, knowing most ghost pokemon to go dormant during the day. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.

The conversation bored Apollo, the Charmeleon, who quickly found himself facing a dark bush that began to rustle. Coming out from it was a Slowbro, which decided to curse the Charmeleon on the spot. Whipping a separate pokeball out from it's holster, Derek summoned his Sobble to do battle instead. Apollo, reluctant to forfeit it's fight, simply watched it's little crybaby brother fight - or attempt to, anyway.

The Sobble quickly began to shake and tear up, but Derek reassured the little guy, and that was enough. "You can do it, Jonesy. Punch that dumb look off their face." Nodding it's head and leaping into action, the sucker punch landed square on the Slowbro's jaw, causing it to reel back and growl.

The lack of apparent injury and the unearthly sound of a Slowbro growling intimidated the Sobble, who decided it's last effort would be to perform a hit and run. The u-turn it employed before retreating back to it's trainer's side was powered by desperation, and thankfully it proved enough to fell the lumbering oaf. "You did it!" Derek exclaims, Jonesy turning back to realize that he really did knock out the Slowbro. Overwhelmed with joy, he ran around prancing happily before clinging with a hug to Derek's leg.

"You really ought to be more confident when fighting, Jonesy. You don't see his Chimchar over there getting scared from a proper scuffle. Not that I don't appreciate your gentle heart." Picking Jonesy up and placing him on his shoulder, Derek wonders just what kind of pokemon they'll run into next. Though until then, he enjoys watching Sam and his pokemon tackle what appeared to be a Dhelmise.

| k.o.'d slowbro
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 15:29:07 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon chimchar"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gastly"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon absol"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon gardevoir"]

Sam had blinked curiously at the notion of working less during the day. Did this kid think that ghost types were subject to only spawn during the day? Now, typically they spawned more at night, for spook effect, but even so the psychic types that ravaged the mountain from time to time were enough of a hassle during all times.

He didn't get a chance to counter due to the fact that Derek was already pulling pokémon out for another battle. Fair enough. Sam turned his attention to his own pokémon, specifically his gardevoir. He could feel her psychic energy building at it was when she let it flare that he gave a wave to his chimchar as well.

Gardevoir's PSYCHIC revealed at dhelmise, pulling it out from the brush and freezing it mid-attack. Chimchar took the target offered to her and twisted her body into another FLAME WHEEL, hitting the dhelmise.

Due to his curiosity, Sam tossed a pokéball out. Dhelmise were ghosts, yes, but usually they were found in sunken ships. Was this one lost?

Once again his attention was drawn to Derek and his pokémon.

"Time of day doesn't effect the pokémon spawn rate, unfortunately. One would think, but the mountain as of recent is restless at all hours."

Which really just translates to Sam works to much and sleeps too little it's fine.

capturing the dhelmise
-1 pokeball
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:29:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JELLICENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]OMINOUS WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOTHITA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMPETITIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL BLOCK

[break]
CAUGHT THE DHELMISE!

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 3:26:34 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Almost too preoccupied to react to it while listening to Sam, Derek doesn't loose a pokemon after the wild Gothita in time to do battle. Though he didn't consider it much of a loss, seeing as he wasn't going to capture them anyway.

"Sounds pretty annoying. Wouldn't like ghost pokemon bothering me all day long." Assuming that's what they did, of course. Though perhaps it offered a greater opportunity for doing battle with such nefarious pokemon. Jonesy could certainly use the experience, if he were willing to stand up to them. "Anything going on that's worthy of mention? Or is it just general unease among the pokemon?"

| Gothita ran away!
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 13:28:36 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"nothing terribly out of the ordinary, as far as mr. dom pey was concerned, anyway."

the previous owner and patron of the mountain before sam took over for him after his retirement. hnn articles said as much, sam assumed derek read them.

"i think all of the different environmental changes have them riled up more than they usually would be. mt. pyre was the centerpiece in a disaster. they're all on edge. my goal is to show them i'm not here to move them out, but rather, to help make this mountain their home again."

even as he spoke, a spewed stream of bubbles came at them, a BUBBLE BEAM. a wave of energy, telepathic in nature, pushed the bubbles back. sam's absol had sent a PSYCHO CUT to block them. she delivered another attack, a SHADOW CLAW to slice through the OMINOUS WIND that jellicent tried to conjure. once close enough, absol managed an up close and personal NIGHT SLASH against the soft flesh of the jellicent.

as the poor thing began to deflate, same tossed out another pokéball to capture it.

"it's just difficult convincing them when they're on edge like this. they attack first, think never..."

// capturing jellicent
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 5:48:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MISMAGIUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGICAL LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LUCKY CHANT

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BANETTE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SNATCH

[break]
CAUGHT THE JELLICENT!
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 13:18:08 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
It was easy to see why, but even knowing didn't make the task any easier. Derek shook his head despairingly, wishing he could do something. But he was no expert on the matter. And even if he were, nobody would be able to change things overnight.

"Well, all the same, I wish you luck."

Having his back to most of the wilds surrounding them, Derek didn't notice the Mismagius approaching his flank. Thankfully his pokemon did, the Sobble leaping off Derek's shoulder to deliver a critical sucker punch right in the cheeky ghost's face.

"So you do have it in you!" Allowing the pokemon back onto his shoulder after making sure the ghost ran away, Derek turned his gaze to find Sam eyeing a wild Banette.

It interested him, but he knew better than to intrude on another trainer's battle.

| chased mismagius away!
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:47:06 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
notably sam was eyeing how it was looking at his absol. suddenly the little shit was giving the absol a FRISK with its ability. of course, absol returned the favor with a SHADOW CLAW which had the banette giving a whining sort of noise. the look in it's eye, it was preparing a CURSE.

sam quickly threw a capsule out to stop it before it could finish.

"oh no you don't."

hecate gave sam a gratuitous coo, moving over to watch the capsule closely. she'd prepare a NIGHT SLASH for the banette if it tried to break free.

// capturing BANETTE

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
witchery way [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 4:18:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DUSCLOPS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FORESIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLAYDOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXTRASENSORY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTH POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SELF DESTRUCT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE BANETTE!