November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 15:18:04 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.
JOIN ME IN THE HARD EMBRACE OF ARCEUS' TEN THOUSAND HANDS.”

Bill cruised Slateport beach, taking in the sights. Hundreds of tanned bodies, taught from lifestyle and sprinkled with coconut sweat. Now this is Summer, he thought, making his third trip back to the harbor. His boat was parked there, and the yacht was quickly becoming weighed down with dozens of shopping bags filled with premium, limited-edition and Articuno merch. Shirts, hats, mugs, keychains, bus-pass holders. Bill hadn't used a bus in his life, but the makers had perfectly captured what Articuno would look like if it were reduced to a bright blue rectangle, and you had to respect workmanship like that.

And then he saw him. Another connoisseur. On any other day Bill would have been drawn to purely on looks alone, but there are some levels of fashion that only a personal stylist could help one achieve, and this man didn't have the look of money. He's a natural. He's gorgeous. Perhaps I have found a worthy foe at last.

"Excuse me!"
Bill called, trotting towards this paragon of Lars-based fashion. "Where did you get that shirt?" He asked, shaking his head in amazement. "I've checked every official store on the beach and I haven't come across that design. Can you tell me where you found it?"

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 19:20:30 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

He did not have the money to be doing this. [break][break]

An already vacant wallet cried each time Angelo painfully pried it open, having been rapidly whittled down recently by expensive flight lessons. Yet the expression on ’s face at this running joke had proven to be, well and truly, worth it. [break][break]

No… It was priceless. [break][break]

Sat on the edge that separates boardwalk from beach, Angelo – proudly dressed in his finest Laurence Anderson and Articuno shirt – is adjusting a crest of familiar blue feathers made of felt. Orion sits by his side, tongue panting in the heat with a big dumb smile as her trainer makes the final adjustments on her brand new Articuno-style dog hoodie. [break][break]

It even had wings that flopped around on her back. [break][break]

The unofficial merchandise stalls had, once again, pulled through with the weird and wonderful. Despite the price tag being high enough to make his face crumple like he’d eaten a Grepa berry whole… Angelo had to have it. [break][break]

Maybe he’ll take a shot at trying to sell it to later. He liked dog stuff, right? [break][break]

Just wait until Lars takes a look at you,” he grins proudly, even though the crest of ‘Articuno’ continues to flop down over the Lycanroc’s face. Before Angelo has a chance to straighten it however, a shadow falls over the pair, drawing two pairs of blue eyes upwards instead… [break][break]

Oh, this ol’ thing?” Getting to his feet, he pulls at the bottom of the bright blue shirt, showing off more details of his Laurence Anderson and Articuno shirt that includes but is not limited to: massive eyes that sparkle with ‘anime’ stars and big rosy cheeks, on both bird and man. [break][break]

There’s a bunch of stalls near the back of the festival, think they're behind the Zapsi booth,” he tells the enthusiastic older man, oblivious. “Kind of hard to miss. It’s not exactly advertised well but they got some really cool stuff.” [break][break]

And some very… interesting items but Angelo didn’t think the keen stranger needed to know about that kind of merchandise.[break][break]

Hell, he kind of wished he hadn’t seen some of it, either.

[attr="class","angelotag"]

[attr="class","angelonotes"]

notes.

notes here

[attr="class","angelopokes"]

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo b] color: #8fa8cf; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #8fa8cf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #8fa8cf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i] color: #8fa8cf; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #8fa8cf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #8fa8cf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #8fa8cf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelow] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #8fa8cf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelopokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 2:32:23 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

Bill took a moment to truly appreciate the icy glory of the anime Lars and Articuno. "The style is quite disarming," he said, appreciating the artistic blush, huge eyes, and tasteful cleavage.

"Behind the Zapsi booth? So they really were hiding away."
Bill said, setting his Lars and Articuno branded reusable eco-bags down for a moment. He moved some of the merch, pulled out his Lars an Articuno water bottle, opened the beak, and took a sip from the bright blue straw. "Did you get the pet clothes at the same place?" he asked, replacing the bottle. eyeing Angelo's Lycanroc with mild jealousy. Bill had never been much of a dog person, but if they them in smaller sizes he would see one fitting on Laurence. 

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 11:40:30 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Great, huh?” [break][break]

The man says the style is disarming but more than anything, Angelo seems to take that as a compliment. It means it’ll get a reaction from the man himself, when the time came to unveil it. [break][break]

At the mention of her fabulous costume, Orion wags her tail at the blonde stranger and makes to stand, nosing towards his branded bags with un-Articuno like sniffs. Angelo has to dissuade her from her course by pulling on one of the bright blue wings on her back, adjusting her course before she starts chewing on Lars’s face. [break][break]

Nah, got that at a different stand. They had costumes for all the AQUA legendaries,” it was unofficial merchandise still and lacking in size selection but the Articuno one had been impossible to let it slip through his fingers. “But it’s close to the Laurence Anderson one I found. Can show you, if you want?” [break][break]

No harm in taking another look just in case he missed getting his hands on a Laurence Anderson and Articuno phone case.

notes.

notes here

[newclass=.angelo] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a] text-decoration: none; color: #8fa8cf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #8fa8cf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #8fa8cf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelotag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelotag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelonotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #8fa8cf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelonotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #8fa8cf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.angelopokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #8fa8cf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 7:08:32 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

"I'd appreciate that," Bill said, eagerly accepting Angelo's invitation. He drew his phone, with has of course sporting an official AQUA phone cover. The back of the phone was replete with dangling charms of the icy pair. So much so that the phone looked like a deadly weapon. A bird-of-nine-tails, if you will. 

Bill snapped some photographs of the rare merch. Worst come to worst he could always look up the items online and but them...secondhand. It was better than nothing, technically. 

As Angelo neared the tent, an announcement played from an Articuno-shaped loudspeaker set up out front.
"To celebrate Laurence Anderson's upcoming Birthday, the next twenty-nine customers will receive a limited edition, commemorative gift, signed by Laurence Anderson himself!" Bill's eyes narrowed. Signed? A spurious claim. But if it is limited edition then I must obtain it. He readjusted his bags and picked up the pace.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 12:00:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Swinging his Articuno backpack over one shoulder (it’s a little bit small as it’s marketed to children but Angelo thinks maybe one of his siblings might like it once he’s done with his shenanigans) he makes to show the older man where the good stuff was.[break][break]

It’s this way, not too far,” he says, nodding in the direction of the stall. With a perfectly straight face, Articuno sunglasses are whipped out of his pocket and put in place on the bridge of his nose. These he might keep. [break][break]

It's when they’re nearing their destination that the mother of all bombs drops into his lap, an announcement playing over a speaker of an opportunity too good to ignore. Angelo tilts his sunglasses down, peeking over the bright blue rim towards the tent. It’s already swarming. [break][break]

Shit, I need to get in there, now! Has to be something good. He thinks, picking up the pace towards the heaving surge of bodies. Namely screaming women, their hands reaching out to grab frosty blue and spikey blonde items like they’d discovered water in the desert. Thirsty, would be the correct term. [break][break]

With a tsk, Angelo gives a whistle. His Articuno-Lycanroc releasing a short HOWL to startle the waves of elbows out of the way. Parting a path for him to reach out…

notes.

notes here

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 13:35:47 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

Fifteen years ago, an assassin had shot Bill. The bullet had hit half an inch below his heart, pierced his lung, and burst out of his back. He had been 'on a business trip' in intensive care for weeks.

In the decade and a half since, Bill had cultivated a healthy lifestyle, with extensive cardio every day. He ran, he sailed, he lived like a man twenty years his junior. Bill was fitter than he had been when he was shot. Some days, he considered it to be the catalyst for his mid-life second wind.

If it wasn't for that assassin, and that fateful shot, then he wouldn't be here, in Hoenn, elbowing some greedy housewife in the neck and taking her Lars and Articuno tissue-box cover. 

"That's mine," Bill said casually, pushing the woman to the floor and making it look accidental. Palossand dragged her under one of the counters, and Ditto assumed her place. "Disable the left register," Bill said, and the housewife-Ditto nodded. It climbed up one of the shelved, running along the shifting aluminum racks, and dive-tackled the teenage cashier. One register down. Bill headed for the remaining checkout.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:47:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

It was anarchy. Angelo hadn’t woken up this morning thinking he’d be tripping up housewives to get to a Laurence Anderson and Articuno sticker book but here he was, throwing a leg behind some old bat who’d tried to cut under his arm. [break][break]

You just can’t make some shit up when it comes to Hoenn life. [break][break]

Outta my way,” he huffs, blue eyes focused on the checkout at the front of the tent, in far too deep. Was it even a joke anymore? Maybe he’d just become a Laurence Anderson and Articuno addict somewhere along the way… Now that was the real joke. [break][break]

With a grimace, Angelo avoids the mound of haunted sand with a shudder, leaping deftly over it and unfortunately shouldering some woman out of the way when he lands. Thankfully, Angelo is fit and has ample endurance to spare after a good amount of his time spent cycling around the region for a good year, so he comes out without a scratch from the collision. Although the same can’t be said for the housewife… [break][break]

Hopefully wasn’t here among them, Angelo felt like standing against her would be a death wish in the making through sheer guilt alone.[break][break]

SOMETHING BIT ME!” Comes a high-pitched squeal and like headless Torchic, some of the ladies instantly jump out of the way. Thanks to a sneaky butt bite from Orion, Angelo stretches his hand out towards something blue and shiny…

notes.

notes here

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:22:36 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

Bill's eyes gleamed as he saw his prize. It was the last one, gleaming like a ripe diamond under a banner that read "SIGNED GIFT FREE WITH PURCHASE". Bill had to have it. 

"To me," Bill said, and Decidueye appeared from the shadows. "Spirit Shackles," he commanded, and the bird locked everyone into place with ghostly manacled. Enemy Pokemon, shoppers, and merch hunters alike were chained to the floor. Meanwhile, Bill reached out and took the squishy prize, putting it in his basket. 

Bill's gaze swept right past , and he headed for the register with his prize. 

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 16:58:54 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Oh no you fucking don’t.”[break][break]

The owner of the voice disappears into the depths of the shadow, a PHANTOM FORCE portal swallowing Angelo whole as a Dragapult wisps like a ghost through the crowd. [break][break]

With eyes glittering from above, zoned into the back of the blonde man like a Snorlax readying its Pulverising Pancake, a blur of white swoops towards its prey. Puck the Wingull snatching the squishy prize right from Bill’s basket, the THIEF depositing the limited-edition merchandise into Angelo’s palms when he pops back out of the portal, free of his shackles. [break][break]

Consider it my payment for showing you this place,” he tells Bill on a wild grin, before turning and rushing towards the register. “Later.

notes.

notes here

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:30:31 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

Bill watched Angelo head to the checkout. His eyes gleamed behind his polarized sunglasses. At the checkout, the cashier would have trouble scanning Angelo's 'squishy prize'. Unless the store usually sold Ditto. 

Calmly, Bill slipped the real, solid, prize into his pocket and headed for the other checkout, which was just now up and running again.
"Sorry," Bill said, nodding his head to his outwitted foe, "but some things are worth cheating for."

As he reached the counter, he peeked in his pocket, and smiled. "Just this," he said, setting the Lars and Articuno tissue-box cover down on the checkout path. "Oh, and the free gift." He pulled out the mug and set it down next to his purchase. It was bright blue, of course, and obviously intended as a generic gift for the upcoming holiday. Underneath all the glitter and faux feathers, the mug had three words printed in bold black letters: Happy Father's Day. 

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 18:35:17 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

It becomes apparent that the squishy prize is not actually the real deal when it collides into his face and cracks his Laurence Anderson and Articuno sunglasses in half. It would only be later, back on the Sotally Tober, that the purple under his eye would begin to bloom along with a mournful realisation that he’d actually quite liked them… And that wasn’t a joke. [break][break]

In that instant however panic is dominant and as he turns his head, everything begins to slow, running at 0.5x the speed as blue eyes focus in on , at the checkout with the very last Laurence Anderson and Articuno tissue-box cover. [break][break]

Orion! Fetch!” Angelo orders, pointing towards the blonde as he makes steps to purchase. This was the last chance. [break][break]

In a blur of speed, the Articuno-Lycanroc uses ACCELEROCK to nimbly dart through the crowd. Angelo makes after her, the pair of them pushing over two burly men – the ones that he and would fatefully meet some days later – in their desperation. [break][break]

Excited, Orion launches herself onto the checkout, her propeller tail and clumsy paws sending the merchandise flying like an explosion of beautiful Laurence Anderson and Articuno fireworks; her teeth clamping around the tissue-box cover. [break][break]

Through the chaos, a mug falls – smashing.

notes.

notes here

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 4:30:40 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.

And just like that, the prize was lost.

In a cruel instant the mug, a simple, primal expression of paternal love, was broken.

Maybe Bill had seen it as a symbol of redemption. Maybe he was just competitive by nature. Maybe he felt it was rightfully his. A prize he deserved, for being his son's biggest fan. Maybe it was just a nice mug. Whatever the reason, it was gone. Lost, shattered, smashed to a hundred cheap shards under the checkout counter of a knockoff merch store.

The cashier gasped in shock, but Bill didn't hear her. Some deep, reptilian part of his hindbrain had awoken. It was the same chunk of predatory flesh that had driven him to dominate rocket fifteen years prior. It was the part that had beaten bloody. The part that guzzled liquor to slake its thirst for sweet poison. The part that craved the lack of control that only unfathomable anger could bring. 

Salazzle emerged from the shadows beneath the register. She twisted like tire smoke, her body hissing promises of smooth scales and chemical burns. Bill snapped a monosyllabic command, and her reptilian tongue flicked like a burning whip, splattering the store with vile, smoking spit and ripping the tissue box cover in half, igniting the cotton.  

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 13:51:06 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelow"]

Gone. It was all gone. Destroyed in shattered porcelain and incinerated from a lizard’s bile. As Angelo stands in the metaphorical - and real - flames of their destruction, the remaining Lars fans groaning on the ground around them, he wonders if perhaps this had been a step too far. That the joke had warped him into a frenzied, and Articuno fanatic. [break][break]

Perhaps this was a wake up call. [break][break]

With a sigh, ignoring the stinging under his eye and the venomous aura gathering in the corner of his good remaining blue, he digs into his pocket. Oblivious. [break][break]

Gum?” He asks, holding out the stick as a peace offering to . “It’s Arti-cool-no Breeze flavour.

notes.

notes here

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Bill vs Angelo [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 13:53:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There was a—disturbance in the Force one of the nearby stands that had—Arceus forbid—merchandise that had his face slapped all over it.

Sometimes, the promotion of AQUA got out of hand.

This was one of those times.

Sighing as he pinched the bridge of his nose, he decided to check out the cause of the disturbance—and was not surprised to see two familiar faces—one he was pleased to see, the other made him momentarily scowl—before turning to face them with this look of utter horror.

(If he was being honest, it would also be a look of disgust.)

“What the hell is going on here.”

here with d-bug and esuna’s express permission!