he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 2:04:44 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

The ranger didn't know Father Anderson for very long, but after both of them had caught a con-artist together who was trying to sell off some counterfeit goods. The man had mentioned how the guy was just a bad liar, though of course Razz claimed that he was just able to tell when most people were lying thanks to his Litwick. Which funnily enough was a lie all its own. [Break][break]

That's how Razz found himself across the other now with a water for himself, some juice for Salem and Alabaster, and even would've offered to by the other a drink if he wanted one. Surrounding them was the purple flames for his 'Terrain of Truth,' "So how did you want to do this game of yours Mr Anderson?"

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 16:19:28 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"So how did you want to do this game of yours Mr Anderson?"

"It's simple," Bill said, running a hand through his sweatless hair. "We take turns telling two truths and one lie. If the other person correctly guesses which one is the lie, then they get a point." It was a classic game, and one that Bill didn't get to play nearly enough. It was a great season for games. Bill took a long drink from his glass of ice water, and adjusted his collar slightly. 

"First to three points, and the loser has to pay for ice cream. All sound fair to you?" 

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 23:30:30 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Both his pokemon give him a look as they sip from their juice, because while the father talk about being fair this was anything but. Especially with Razz's Truth Terrain up from when he was catching the Con-man. Though of course they don't say anything before looking to see Bill seeming excited about his own suggestion. [break][break]

"Uhhh okay, warning you I'm not very good with games," Truth[break]
"Ummm the name is Razz Kingsman," Lie but its not like his flames would change anyways but his mouth would still sting. Stupid Dragon.[break]
"I uhhh I don't care for sweets," Truth... wait was the game thing counting? No, quick think of a lie[break]
"I completely understand how to do this game," he did mention being bad at it, but give him a moment he'll recover.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 23:42:43 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"So how did you want to do this game of yours Mr Anderson?"
Razz's start was simple, but revealing. You could tell a lot about someone from what they decided to lie about. In truth, this was less of a game and more one of Bill's favorite interrogation techniques. "Interesting. Let me think for a minute." Bill took a long sip of the ice water, letting the chill liquid sit in his mouth. It hurt his teeth. 

It's surprising if that isn't his real name. Half of my associates use fake names. Razz sounds fake. Maybe it's short for something? Razikiel? Razzmatazz? Razputin? Would he lie about disliking sweets? That seems like a harmless admission, not a lie. He's in good shape too. Probably doesn't have a sweet tooth. Bill looked at Razz's eyes, studying his face for clues. He may act casual, but he looks like he's a quick learner. 

"I think it's the first one," Bill said, his lips curling. "Am I right 'Razz'?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 0:16:22 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

While the other one was right he would never admit to that. That was too much a secret to be uncovered, and since lying was a specialty of his he simply shakes his head. "Nope, I was named after the Razz Berry," he lies as simply as if talking about the weather. The benefits of growing up in an organization where the truth couldn't be revealed. Though his tongue would burn again so he bites if after to reduce it. "It was about understanding this game, does this mean I get a point?"[break][break]

"And do you go now?" clearly his understanding of the game was minimal at best.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 2:59:56 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"Nope, I was named after the Razz Berry,"
Bill nodded, and readjusted his perception of Mr. Razz Berry. Either he's not as sharp as he looks, or he's lying, and he's twice as cunning. Interesting. "No points for failure, Razz. Only for finding the lie." He called over the waiter, and ordered a fruit platter.

"So no points so far. Let's see how you go." Bill kept his smile on as the waiter arrived. "I was born in Sootopolis. I have three kids," his grin widened as he popped a Razz berry into his mouth. "Any my name is Bill Anderson."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 3:24:58 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

If it weren't for his headband the other might have been able to see the way his brow narrowed at the other. With each and every answer the flames flickered. Enough for there to be a spark of blue but didn't change for very long odd. Was that a fluke or was this all just lies but since it was one after the other it just sparked rather than turn. [Break][break]

Alabaster looks to his trainer as he pays a bit more attention than Salem does but Razz gives no look to them. Only the waiter that hands them the fruit platter. For now he'll play dumb act like only one of these is a full on lie. [Break][break]

"So is Bill just a nickname then?" he can't help but question. Name for a name right?

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 23:31:35 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"Bill isn't my birth name, that's for sure," he said, taking another berry. "It's William. William Keating."

"So that's zero points to one. Is your early lead filling you with confidence?" Bill asked. He pushed the tray a little towards Razz. The young man had admitted that he didn't like sweets, but several of the berries were tart, or spicy. "Your turn. Give me more of your lies, Razz."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 23:45:43 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The flames flash blue but Razz shows nothing. Making sure to ignore the trigger in his head as he wonders why the other was lying about this. Was this part of the game? Was he suppose to call this out? No, he doesn't think so. "Keating huh?" he'll play along, "And here with the name Anderson and the blonde hair, thought there would be a small chance of you being related to my old boss," he gives a chuckle as if now considering it an impossibly. "Guess not though" [break][break]

He pauses for a bit as he tries to think. He doesn't take a berry though, fine with his water but Salem indulges himself. Razz wondering just how many lies the other could actually see through. So let's test it, "Okay umm I'm the second son of seven kids," lie, but funnily enough it was his father's story. [Break][break]

"I was born and raised in Kalos" another lie, but it was the true for one Razz Kingsman rather than Raziel Pryde. Though with his mouth burning the way it was maybe he should go with something true this time. [Break][break]

"and Salem here is my service pokemon," Because he really didn't want another sting in the mouth.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:15:18 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"My children are all as blonde as Sootopolis sand, and they all have the name Anderson. I haven't gone by Keating in years," Bill said. "So if it they were Lars or, somehow, Claude, they were likely one of mine."

He watches Salem eat, noting the Pokemon's intelligent, casual movements. Bill speaks his answer as soon as Razz finishes the options. "There is no way you have six siblings. Nobody has families that big these days."

"That being said, if you are from Kalos then you've been here a long time. I don't here any hint of an accent."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:32:02 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The ranger does perk up at the name, "I know Laurence, guess that hunch was right, you proud of your kids?" he can't help ask. Part of him probably projecting his own problem with his father a bit with the question. Though he doesn't really know if the Andersons had problems with one another. [Break][break]

He's a tad surprised on how fast the other picked out his lie. Guess he was actually good at finding a lie unlike him. "Guess not, that's more my father's thing, but I am the 2nd son," if being born 10 minutes after counted as being second in the other's eyes. [Break][break]

"No probably wouldn't be one, I was incredibly sheltered as a kid, my father homeschooled my brother and I and he was from Kanto," well that part was a lie as his father was Kalos while his mother was native kanto. So his language probably more reflected that as he was raised in Kanto. [Break][break]

"Guess it's 1/1 then Mr Anderson, your turn." razz would take a drink to cover his previous lie.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 2:03:06 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"I'm incredibly proud of my kids," Bill said, without a hint of a lie. "Lars has achieved more than I thought he would. He's a Head Ranger. He's an Avatar. And he's still young. I can't wait to see how he progresses."

"Claude reminds me of myself," Bill said, his smile nostalgic and indulgent. "And I can hardly be surprised or disappointed in that now can I. As for Leanna?" Bill's smile dropped. "She was a shining light. I hear she was helping people until the end."

"Back to the game?" Bill asked, clearing the stale air. "It's my turn. Okay then." He thought for a moment. It was time to bump things up. "I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I was shot through the heart, and had to undergo an emergency transplant. And I've seen the face of Arceus."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 2:24:55 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"They're lucky to have you then," he compliments, he hides any bitterness he has as he takes another drink of his water. Though when he mentions his third kid there is pity there. And it explains the earlier flame. Can't really have 3 kids when one of them was dead. "I'm sorry for your loss" [Break][break]

Once more Litwick's flame changes from Razz's earlier truth terrain fire. Like before he brings no attention to it because he doesn't need the flame as an indicator. "I don't think you'd be sitting across from me if you were shot through the heart," he comments but does tilt his head because the part where he expected the flames to go blue it didn't. [Break][break]

"If it weren't for the existence of avatars and them proving legends are real, I might have called malarkey on the seeing Arceus though"

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 16:04:14 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"Right again, Razz," Bill said, smiling proudly. "You've got a knack for this! Well that's two points to one."

Bill ate a few more of the fresh berries, watching Salem. "The bullet hit he me on the right side, actually. A little below where the heart would be if my organs were mirrored. So you're right, I didn't get shot through the heart."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Bill
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 18:01:39 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Another spark of blue in the flames, another chance Razz has to burn the other.[break][break]

But that would never come as Razz wouldn't call the other out in it. Salem seems to be full in berries after a few as he whispers something to Alabaster and chuckles. Meanwhile the ranger just shrugs, "seeing whores better at picking out lies is the game right?" though when both keep lying is it really much of a game? [Break][break]

"Guess it's my turn..." he wonders for a bit. Speaking about himself wasn't something he did.[break][break]

"I'm a high school drop out" truth.[break]
"I live in what was a 'haunted house" another truth. [Break]
"Got stranded on an island for a month with my brother once as 'survival' training" another truth [break][break]

Maybe he was cheating a little, but he'd go along with whatever the pastor picked. See if the other was willing to call him out. Give him an excuse why he should.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle