awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 0:46:52 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Preparing himself before their descent into the excavation site at Rusturf Tunnel, Derek could be seen carefully fastening the string of his boots and checking his gear while waiting on the other individual to arrive. It was a complete stranger this time, Shiloh having been preoccupied with her part-time job to come along.

But that wasn't a problem. Derek was beginning to feel the need to venture out and find some new friends, or perhaps bump into some old ones. Either way, the trainer was glad to have someone down there to help him manage the ongoing complications with the ongoing mining project.

When a silhouette seemed to be heading towards him and the tunnel entrance, the trainer wasted no time standing up to greet them. "You must be Vic, right? I'm your partner for this job today. Name's Derek." Unsure of what kind of person they were, the only hope had had was that they could hold their own when they got down there.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 1:20:55 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","vic-poke"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Vic wasn’t much for being underground. Places like caves and dig sites were usually a hazard for anyone even slightly tall, and after a night of going down a rabbithole of spelunking videos on PokéTube, he had developed a somewhat unreasonable fear of getting stuck among some rocks.
[break][break]
But! The archaeologist in charge of the dig site had asked for help, and while Vic may not have been much for going underground, he sure was a helpful guy!
[break][break]
So, donning on his trusty trekking boots, some simple gear, and a much needed helmet, he had headed for the coordinates provided in the job listing, glad to see that his partner for the day was already there waiting. ”Hah, yeah! Nice to meet ya, Derek. Hope I didn’t make you wait too long,” he smiled, a perfect string of pearly whites.
[break][break]
”They didn’t give much clue as to what’s going on down there, huh? Wanna head down?” Better to get this over with as quickly as possible, right? Although, he really hoped this tunnel wouldn’t get too small... for the sake of pokémon mobility, of course!

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:10px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic #line"]border-top:1px solid #eee[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img:hover"]background:#fee7e9;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:500]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 6:21:49 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Nah, I didn't arrive much sooner than you did." Dismissing any notion that they were holding them up, Derek affords a simple nod as a gesture for the two of them to head inside. The way was dimly lit, but before it got too dark, the lighting installed by the miners was in sight. A surprise for sure, seeing as the wild denizens probably didn't enjoy the light.

"We're here to quell the pokemon problem they've been having. Apparently there are some ground types that don't like what they're doing." Slipping a hand down to the holsters at his waist, Derek lets loose Jonesy, his Sobble, who quickly takes it's rightful seat on his shoulder.

"Well, I guess that's what they meant by trouble." As they round a corner that descends further, the sources of light have been violently dismantled. Derek clipped a light to his hat to see this, as well as to look around. The sound of something scurrying up ahead could be heard, but it manages to hide it's silhouette behind the corner before they could make out it's color, size or shape properly.

"Real shy for something antagonizing people when their backs were turned. Jonesy, get ready." Pressing forward without much hesitation, the trainer and his pokemon reach the turn with a water gun at the ready. The little Sandshrew, as it happened to be, couldn't run away in time to avoid being hit. Plastered to the wall, it wasn't until after that Derek noticed the other denizens occupying the area. The collective of Sandslash reared on the trainers after looking to see if their kin was alright, preparing their attack now that the battle was underway.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:06:00 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

”Eh… can’t say I blame them, they are kind of messing up their home here.” Vic shrugged, since he couldn’t help but feel a bit sympathetic for the pokémon. After all, it was true: the only reason why they were acting up was probably because they saw all these people as invaders in their home. It was reasonable, but he also knew they couldn’t just let them all run amok, and really... it was better that they dealt with it, rather than someone who maybe wouldn’t have hesitated before using more extreme measures.
[break][break]
The farther down they went, the more obvious the presence of the pokémon was, soon finding themselves having to use their own lights to illuminate their surroundings because all of the ones that had been placed at the tunnel had been destroyed. Something scurried up ahead, and Derek was quick to have his Sobble take it down with an effective Water Gun. It was a Sandshrew.
[break][break]
”Damn, sneaky, though if there’s one here, there’s probably gonna be mo–” he didn’t get to finish the sentence, because there was indeed more. Sandshrew and Sandslash alike; none of them looking at all happy to be receiving some sudden unexpected visitors at their home.
[break][break]
This time, it was Vic’s turn to act, and while he didn’t have any pokémon small enough to comfortably explore the tunnel with him (other than his Bagon), they were at a spot where he could easily call out his Dragonite. So, that’s what he did; the pokémon in question huffing and looking down at the Sandslash with something similar to disdain before delivering an AQUA TAIL without even being commanded to do it. It hit a couple, but who knows how many more awaited them...

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:10px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 19:24:27 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Again!" Derek commands to his pokemon, as their efforts were not enough to push back or dissuade the rest of the horde from joining in. With Jonesy providing him some much needed time by spraying the first ones down with WATER GUN, a second pokeball releases another pokemon to act on Derek's behalf.

"Osiris, let loose!" The Decidueye was quick to understand the situation, showing no qualms with barraging the gang of ground types with it's LEAF STORM. All of them are blown back, but only a few seem able to get back up and fight.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 13:56:36 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Never one to be outdone by some silly little bird, the Dragonite scoffed at the LEAF STORM before spreading his wings as far and wide as the cave would allow. Gold scales shimmered under artificial light, teal-coloured membrane catching the minimal breeze within the tunnel with each one of the wings’ movements. Up and down, front to back. Once, twice, it was with power that they flapped, and by doing something as simple as that, to a HURRICANE they gave rise.
[break][break]
”Pez… dude… can you like… not? A defeated sigh, and yet there was no signs of surprise in the ranger’s tone as he held onto his gear so it wouldn’t be blown away, as if this were something he dealt with almost everyday.
[break][break]
On the bright side, once the winds subsided, whatever wild pokémon hadn’t been dealt with with their previous attacks definitely would no longer be a problem now – either having fled or fainted.
[break][break]
”You think that’s all of them?” This time, Vic addressed Derek.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 14:06:35 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Clutching what little gear he had to ensure it would not be swept away with the gales that ensued from their HURRICANE, Derek looked between Vic, his Dragonite and the empty space that once held a plethora of cave dwelling pokemon. "Yeah...I think that was all of them." Even if it wasn't, they surely wouldn't be coming back. No. Instead they'd probably tell their friends and family not to fuck around, lest they find out.

"They shouldn't bother anyone for awhile. But just for good measure..." Taking out a phone, Derek snapped pictures of the area to show the absence of hostiles. Though it would've been better to show proof that they were there in the first place, this particular section was crucial to the work that needed done.

"Let's get back above ground now, shall we?" Speaking both to his pokemon as well as Vic, the two feet of his quickly worked themselves to carry him back into daylight. While it was nice and cool down there, the thought of being below the surface any longer didn't suit him. Nothing like the dark and tons of dirt surrounding you to get the paranoia brewing.

"That's a pretty gnarly Dragonite you got there, by the way." Derek hadn't been fortunate enough to catch one to train for himself, but seeing a Kanto native in action was always invigorating.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 15:42:20 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

All in a day’s work.
[break][break]
”Nice work, bud. Thanks for not blowing us away.” Giving his Dragonite a fist bump (because that was his bro right there), Vic called it back to its pokéball, the dragon seeming to roll its eyes with a huff before disappearing in a flash of light – almost as if it thought itself too good to be receiving praise. Of course, Vic found this ever too amusing; a faint smirk tugging at his lips while waiting for Derek to finish taking his pictures.
[break][break]
”Yeah… Think I’m gonna get claustrophobia or whatever if I stay here any longer…”
[break][break]
As if he wasn’t uncomfortable with it from the very beginning.
[break][break]
Vic definitely wasn’t made from spelunking, and it was relief that filled him when finding daylight and taking a deep breath of fresh air. Yeah, being out of the cave definitely beat being down there.
[break][break]
”He’s pretty cool, huh? Stubborn as hell and kind of a pain to deal with sometimes, but he gets the job done when he needs to. Your Sobble there is nice too – little dude has killer aim.” Vic may have been somewhat of a dragon enthusiast, but he had always been one to appreciate a pokémon with potential. Having lived in Galar for a few years, he was more than familiar with how strong an Inteleon could be – especially a Gigantamaxed one, that was a sight to see!

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 8:05:29 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"I hear ya on that." Although they probably had pokemon that could save them from a cave-in, the idea of something like that taking place still made the place feel cramped. A brisk pace brought them up and out of the cave, allowing them to soak in the sun once more. Good riddance.

"I just wish he felt the same." Derek comments in response to the praise offered to Jonesy. "It's hard to get him to want to fight sometimes." The pokemon originally belonged to another, so he didn't blame them for this. But Derek's aspiration of defeating the Hoenn league had some stipulations this time around. Either he did it with Jonesy, or not at all.

Passing words were afforded as Derek quickly realized he'd forgotten about a prior commitment. "Well, see ya around, Vic!" Though rushed and rude, the trainer didn't wish to keep the other party waiting. "And maybe under better circumstances next time!" With the assistance of the avian used earlier, Derek would quickly ascend skyward in hopes that he wouldn't be late.

THREAD EXIT

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 2:33:26 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

[break]
Once out of the cave and with the job being done, there’s little reason for either of them to stick around. After all, surely they both have much better things to do than stand around, right?
[break][break]
Well…
[break][break]
At least Derek does, apparently.
[break][break] [break]
”Ha! Don’t jinx it, you never know with the way things are around here.” He smirks, for better circumstances are apparently rare in a place like Hoenn. And, honestly, if there’s any rudeness to Derek’s sudden departure, Vic doesn’t think as much, simply offering a slight wave along with a ”See ya around!”
[break][break]
All that’s left to do now is turn in the report and head back to Lilycove, right?
[break][break]
Easy enough.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deepstone crypt [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 5:20:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: