1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Fernando [Hst✩(star)rt]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 9:24:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I've been looking for a little bit of help," Zac said, as he sipped another can of Charja-Cola. "Specifically, some help with that." He pointed over to where Tapu Bulu was sleeping under the shade of his own, self-grown palm trees. "I've got them up and about a few times during the battles today, but for barely a minute each time."

"I'm hoping that against a formidable, familiar opponent they'll be more willing to fight." He grinned at Fernando. "What do you say, mate? Think you can give us a challenge?" 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 10:34:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

FERNANDO DOESN’T NEED TO FOLLOW ZAC’S FINGER. There can only be one person he’s referring to. It’s a bond once lost to time, reawakened by the return of their legends.

The relationship they share go beyond their title as AQUA colleagues. Their ties are bound by their proximity–tied to the idols that protect the Hoenn isles. Just because they don’t act upon it doesn’t mean their benefactors won’t.

Indeed.

Fernando accepts with a nod as he clasps his hands together. At once, the MISTY TERRAIN whirls around him like a cloak. It thickens turning vapor into a more steady fog. Once the curtain becomes opaque the Tapu’s silhouette forms, summoning it from its domain.

Did those question I answered ever shed some light on your avatarship, Ramsey?

His Tapu Fini hones in on the Tapu Bulu when it finally appears. The men, and everything else as far as it’s concerned, become secondary. An expressionless face slowly contorts into a scornful scowl as the Legendary sends a jolt of NATURE’S MADNESS to prick it's fellow Tapu awake. As the eldest, by-the-books sister, it breaks character in order to set its sibling straight.

With the unexplained exception of , Fernando’s only seen Tapu Fini show any semblance of emotion twice. The first was between and Tapu Lele, an obvious giveaway considering their connection. This makes the second time and reaffirms Fernando’s hypothesis that Tapu Fini does indeed have a personality.

It only surfaces among those it knows.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 11:40:17 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"A lot of what you told me just didn't match my experience," Zac said, his eyes moving between Bulu and its older sister. The lazy legendary slowly opened one eye as the NATURE'S MADNESS prickled its charred hide. "But there was one thing you said that I keep coming back to."

"You said that your connection with Fini was like an 'empathetic telepathy'. I've realized that what I have with Bulu is pretty similar." Zac took a longer swig from the can, his eyes bright and wide awake with the help of the caffeine. "The reality of the situation is that Bulu only has one emotion to share. Exhaustion. Thankfully, the exchange runs two ways, so all this cola not only keeps me awake, but stops Bulu from napping for another year or two."

Bulu pulled itself up from its bed on the overgrown dune. It wore the same, tired expression that Zac had seen every day since their meeting at the festival, but there was something else in its face this time. Something deep and familiar. 

Bulu rolled its eyes.

"HA!" Zac let out a barking laugh, his grin growing as Bulu answered the wakeup call in turn. Twisted, deep-jungle thorns sprouted underneath Fini, wriggling and scratching like a sibling tickle, or a ruffle of the hair. "First time I've seen that though."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 11:50:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

FAIR ENOUGH. That’s the wonderous thing about Pokemon. Despite how they’re clumped together by their species and backgrounds, they’re still individuals. Just like humans, each experience differs. And Fernando notes that, somewhat interested in the dynamics of other avatars as well as the Tapus in general.

Interesting; I assume we have more differences than similarities but that comes with all things.

The interaction between the Tapus is the focal point of his attention as Fernando breaks into a muted smile. His attachment to his own Legendary is unique in that he doesn’t share the same sentiments of his fellow Avatars. Tapu Fini is not something to be worshipped or obeyed. It is a partner but one he is willing to sever should they ever conflict.

Truth be told, I’ve only seen Tapu Fini react that way with Tapu Lele. Must be due to their kinship,” he proposes, interested but unamused by the display.

Tapu Fini’s furrowed eyebrows only deepen as it feels Bulu’s extension scrap against its shell. With a raise of its hands, it lets out a shrill cry, motioning for the Pokemon to finally get up. From an observer’s viewpoint, it may look like it’s trying to arouse Bulu into engaging with it, but the message between Tapus goes deeper than that.

It wants Tapu Bulu to step up and take a bigger role in the world, like Koko.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 12:34:33 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Bulu stood up. Its lower body jangled and chimed. It opened its mouth wide and let out a long, tooth-rattling yawn. Fini gestured upwards, as if the motion would inspire Bulu to greatness. 

It didn't.

Fini may embody balance, but it was Zac and Tapu Bulu's connection that was the clashing of extremes. Whereas Zac couldn't be stopped, or slowed. Bulu did the barest minimum. Zac was driven, determined to make the world a better and brighter place. Bulu wanted to sleep. Hell, the legendary was so lazy that it photosynthesized

The avatarship was a constant clash, between unstoppable spirit and immovable ass. 

Bulu gazed at its sibling with sleepy eyes that seemed to ask 'Are you done? Can I go now?'. This seemed like a conversation that had happened before. By now Bulu's sister doubtlessly knew that it would take far more than a prickle and a dramatic gesture to rouse the bull to action. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 11:17:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

TAPU FINI KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT. They’re siblings. No matter where life takes them or how long they stay apart, their origin remains the same. It’s the core tenet of their personality. The length of their prison sentence bondage with humans are mere sands in the hour glass compared to their shared existence.

And yet it seems surprised. Annoyed and enraged even. The light tickles from earlier escalate into a scolding lash of NATURE’S MADNESS, using the bolts to prod the Pokemon into action much like a rancher with a brand.

Refusal to comply is met with corporal punishment doled out by the eldest.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 2:01:13 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The thorns scratched at Bulu's hide, and its chiming soured. The jungle bells tolled notes of sadness and of a family divided, either by choice or by circumstance. Grasses poked through the sands beneath their feet, speckled with bright flowers and sprigs of wild, foreign plants.

Aloe. 
Fern and Zinnia.
And then Day Lily.

The plants came in waves, brightening to lush foliage and brilliant blooms for one a few moments before retracting, pulling back into the carpet of grass before the next set of plants pushed forth. 

Bulu was awake, upright, and listening. Zac watched the siblings 'communicate' through prods, spikes, and subtle sprouts.

Zac had seen this before -A rhythmic sprouting of unusual, diverse plants- but never with another Tapu. Before, the plants had bloomed when Bulu was alone. Why those plants? Zac wondered. Do they mean something? Whatever was happening, it was more than Zac could unravel.

"Hey Fernando, do you know much about plants?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 3:20:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

A RISE TO ACTION IS SEEN AS OBEDIENCE. The language of the island deities goes beyond human understanding. Where foliage sprouts so too does Tapu Fini’s MISTY TERRAIN. Sprinkles of light flow between blooming flowers, visualized pollen that radiates as the scene unfolds.

Fernando perceives no real meaning behind it but is content with mere observation.

As the flower rescind they too are replaced with the specters of expired faces. Some are familiar while others not so much. They’re no more than an after image, one last farewell from those that have died on Hoenn soil, before they recline back to whence they came.

No,” Fernando answers in a hushed whisper. “I’ve always had difficulties telling them apart.

His early years in Hoenn are crystal clear. He can still smell the thick earthy scent of Petalburg Woods. Sparse memories of picking herbs with still stain his heart but he closes it off by force. It doesn’t hurt as much now.

Tapu Fini seems pleased by the sudden turn of events. Even a peek of a smile emerges from its sturdy shell, a momentary glance of what lies beyond the standstill stare it sports so commonly.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 15:19:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Me too, aside from the stuff in my garden," Zac admitted. Tapu Bulu clanged closer, and went to gently headbutt Fini. It was a more familiar movement of affection, and Zac relaxed as he saw it. The grass around the pair erupted with lush herbs -Rosemary, sorrel, and spearmint- A veritable spice-rack of lush, edible plants that wilted as soon as they'd formed.

The herbs faded, and a wave of specters formed and dissolved among the shifting foliage. Ghosts of the past, trapped in this temporary forest. Had they summoned by the fusion of Tapu powers? "I didn't know they could do that!" Zac said, bushy eyebrows raising as the pale images of the dead.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 5:50:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

“…”

Fernando is silent during his own moment of awe. His face never betrays the strict flatline the Ex-Councilman is known for. Wonder is meant to flourish from within. He keeps it bottled within the security of his own mind, trusted with the warranty of a bank’s safety deposit box.

Me neither.

His response is muted in comparison. It tapers off with the display, brushed aside by the moment of ‘now’.

Tapu Fini doesn’t so much as react within its shell but the container around it shifts. It tilts at an angle, as if the shell represented a bull’s head. They nudge against each other, rubbing, the sheen of its runic marks glowing in response.

How’s the tournament been treating you so far, Ramsey?

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 6:15:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Well it's humbling, that's for sure," Zac chuckled, not taking his eyes off the pair. There movement were familiar. Intimate. They were like wood blocks cut from the same tree. Unique in form and feel, but carved by the same hands.

"It's been back and forth on the wins," Zac said, in a titanic exaggeration. "I've never been much of a battler, and it's great practice. And there's a ton of fresh faces!" His chest swelled with excitement. So many new people! Who knew there were so many great battlers in the region? "What about you mate? Good day so far?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 6:23:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

“INDEED.”

Fernando’s own ratio of battles have swung drastically. Some are domineering victories while others are purposeful defeats. He sits somewhere in the middle as a flexible participant who serves to raise those around him. Just like promised.

I wasn’t kidding about seeking out talent.

Fernando grins through his defeats. Satisfaction comes from how much lighter his tin of Gym Badges feels. A testament to how many he’s distributed to the onslaught of trainers that seemed even slightly deserving.

There are so many talented trainers both domestic and foreign. Anyone who met my quota for battling has served me a well fought defeat.

His smile dampens.

Not that I can’t still battle.” He turns to the Tapus. “But I suppose it feels kind of wrong to pit them against each other after seeing how they act. I’ve never seen Tapu Fini so… expressive.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 6:35:17 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"You weren't kidding, and you certainly delivered! It's big draw cards like this that make the region such a popular destination," Zac said. "I can still give a decent fight, it's just not my forte," he said. True, he'd once defeated Bailey Cooper, but that had been far from a fair fight. 

"It's strange seeing anything but annoyance, anger, or exhaustion," Zac said, nodding as he watched the pair communicate in their subtle, indecipherable way. "Still, I'd love to take a run at that badge of yours. How about we leave them be and clash with something else?"

He drew a Pokeball from his bag and sent out Yucca the Sceptile. The reptile's sharp foliage rustled as it turned to look at Fernando, peering at the gym leader with one of its reptilian eyes, and then the other. "Ready when you are, mate!"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,963 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:07:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ZAC VS FERNANDO

TAPU TO ME ABOUT IT

“TIME TO SEE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF, RAMSEY.”

Fernando pulls one of the few Pokeballs on the right side of his belt before tossing it onto the sand ahead. It reveal a small Natu that glares at the Sceptile mischievously.

Battle routine set!

Even without proper permission, the Natu takes off. It closes the distance with surprising speed, something thought impossible considering its tiny legs. It runs with a speed uncanny for its species.

Execute!

And it dives head first into physical combat, looking to pull away at the last second with a FEINT ATTACK.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 1:45:16 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Battle routine? Execute? Fernando sure sounded like a guy who knew his stuff. Zac, on the other hand, was more instinctual. Which is to say that his Pokemon operated largely on their own, with him chiming in to help them use the biome. "Get 'em Yucca!" Zac said, encouragingly "That bird's comin' in fast!" 

The bird sped towards Yucca, its tiny feet slapping an impossibly fast tattoo on the sands. Yucca's chloroplasts hummed and crackled as energy built in her fist. Natu closed the distance in the blink of a wide eye, and Yucca lunged, bringing his THUNDER PUNCH down on the bird. 

But at the last second, Natu dodged. Sceptile's fist slammed into the empty sand, cratering the arena as the lightning arced and grounded, dispersing into as much scattered sand and aerial static. Natu's FAINT ATTACK struck a second later, as a dark afterimage burst on Yucca's scales. Sceptile's reptilian eyes narrowed in pain and hissing anger. Her bristles shook and rubbed like dry seed pods and she crouched, preparing to pounce. 

Yucca used Thunder Punch (and it missed)
Yucca was hit by Faint Attack

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay