363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 21:49:26 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
If they saw them--which, barging down towards them like such would ensure, as well as raise alarm. Those were her thoughts, at least.

She looked briefly across the ground, as though an answer for how she should behave in such a situation might be there, sitting for her, close enough to grab like a bag of chips.

Again, she shook her head. Maybe she was his back-up, today. The man was on some greater mission. It wasn’t that this didn’t anger her. It, of course, wasn’t okay. Sage merely preferred to be more calculating. It was the possibility of hostages that she’d been concerned about in the first place. They hadn’t been expecting this.

But she couldn’t stop him.

She breathed, then nodded.

“You know I’ll follow you.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 22:07:51 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
KANTO, FIVE YEARS AGO...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
her reassurance calms him, and he takes a deep breath to further steady himself. she had his back, which meant that if he acted stupid, or impulsively, her life was in danger. it was something he took more seriously than a threat to even his own life.
[break][break]
sage didn't know it, but he'd burn kanto to the ground for her. and, what king didn't know at the time, was that he one day would.
[break][break]
"i... thank ye, gira."
[break][break]
he swallows heavily again.
[break][break]
"my lucario 'n my blaziken can be on 'em before they know what's happenin'. then, i can bring out my falink's 'n they can be a wall fer the children while we take out the rest."
[break][break]
the resignation in his eyes bear their weight onto sagira's own.
[break][break]
"ye don't have ta come down. ye can support from up here, if ye want."
[break][break]
he was offerin' her a way out. he'd take the blame for any mishap this mission would cause; let her save face from his destructive tendencies.
[break][break]
...but did he want her to take it?

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 3:18:47 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
He thanked her. Sage gave a light sigh and stared at him briefly, mouth flat, but eyes softening with understanding.

“Yeah.”

Looking over her shoulder, she decided she’d had her back turned too long. Plus, she was in his way. So, she stepped aside, allowing him to pass and lead.

“Okay. Yours outrun mine. They’ll support when we get down there.” 

She reached to her belt for capsules.

“You’re not going in alone. I won’t have your death on my hands.”

“Ready when you are.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 4:27:35 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king nods, eyes already pushing past and onto his target. he releases two pokemon - lucario and blaziken - in preparation.
[break][break]
'i wont have your death on my hands.'
[break][break]
a phrase that would linger in his mind well into his descent to anger, and madness; one that stuck to this day.
[break][break]
but, that was for a different man.
[break][break]
"i'm ready."
[break][break]
at his call, the two pokemon leap ahead of their trainer. blaziken's ability to push off was impressed, while EXTREME SPEED allowed his lucario ample time to catch up. they were already dancing among the shadows before king could reach asphalt. the difficult portion was keeping hidden; the veil of night was excellent cover, but even that did so well as he approached the lights.
[break][break]
he'd need his pokemon ⁠— or maybe even sage ⁠— to make a distraction. but, that was still precious seconds off.

[break][break]a grin cut through the myriad of emotions, realization striking him like lightning. this was what he was good at, not waiting, or doing paperwork. the thick of it. the danger. the threat.
[break][break]
with an inhale, he continues forward.

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 19:21:30 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sagira nodded, and they were down towards their targets after the blur of his team.

They arrived at the bottom, and she was careful to take cover and let him lead. Her pokemon were released from their capsules with her, hidden: Donphan and Cacturne, awaiting orders.

Her eyes peered at a few kids, all feelings even through the practiced hiss of her breath. She looked back to King. Mere seconds passed.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 19:46:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
in the end, he calls on her only to make-sure not a single one of them gets away. his pokemon, and himself, both rush in and, after a few minutes of combat, bring it to a close.
[break][break]
his lip bleeds from a sucker punch, and there's a faint, shallow cut against his abdomen. but overall, it turned out alright.
[break][break]
they call for reinforcements, and as they wait, kids playing with king's gaggle of pokemon, he takes a seat next to sage. solemnly, he stares at the children; a longing he's not had since he was a child, pains him.
[break][break]
"i've always wanted a kid, ye know."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 2:43:15 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Action.

Cacturne and Donphan had been there, at the tail; at every turn to help. Well-trained. Sage was there too, calling shots as needed, expertly. Doing what was necessary.

In the end, she too bore the marks of their entrance and victory, and stared at all whom they’d saved. Job done.

Her Pokemon had been returned; not entirely socialized outside of combat.

At his side, she surveyed the outcome. They were lucky, she felt.

“Why?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 4:41:56 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
it's not her questions that bring the memories to bare, but rather, the sound of laughter. despite their situation being bleak and unimaginably terrifying hours before, the children still find the joy in the world around them.
[break]
[break]

a trait he had lost many, many years ago it felt.
[break]
[break]

thoughts linger to a dirty household; the drugs, and booze and strangers; the bruises he was forced to hide. bile collects at the back of his throat and, it takes a long moment, but he finally pushes it down. 
[break]
[break]

"ye ever just... know ye'd be good at somethin'? like, 'fore ye even do it, ye just know you'd be really good."
[break]
[break]

finally, his attention shifts, eyes falling on sage like a blacksmith's half-hearted hammer blow.
[break]
[break]

"that's me with bein' a dad. i think i'd be a really good one."
[break]
[break]

way better than mine, he wants to say. instead, he lapses again to silence.

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 4:17:35 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
It wasn’t something she’d expected to hear from him for a reason. Her brow furrowed at some of the children, and when one of them sent her an odd look in return, she averted her gaze, realizing how unfriendly she probably appeared. Oops.

Her eyes found King again, and her mouth skewed a bit.

“Hm. Maybe. But you want my thoughts, Wayland?” He hadn’t asked for them, really.

She gave them anyways.

“You’re a crazy fuck, and you make dangerous decisions—like today.” Sage shrugged, smirking. She was just kidding. Mostly. “It was a good call, but...”

Then, she shook her head, and looked out into horizon, briefly wishing she hadn’t left her Corphish chips behind.

“Maybe you’re not missing much. Maybe you’re better off without, y’know? Like me.”

And maybe she was an asshole. She’d be an honest one, at least.

Well…

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 5:16:59 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
she's right, he didn't ask. not because her opinion was too harsh, or unneeded, but because of something he'd never admit too — it mattered too much.
[break][break]
"heh."
[break][break]
the smirk is returned, but in-half jest. the lingering fear of her words latches onto his chest like a vice until, even his breathing becomes shallow.
[break][break]
the truth hurt. it like like hell. he swallows thickly, eyes tracing hers to the distant horizon. somewhere in a deep recess; a blackened pit hidden away in the furthest reaches, he agrees.
[break][break]
it kills him.
[break][break]
"ye don't want kids?"

[break][break]
maybe that hurts most.
[break][break]
"why not?"

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 7:21:08 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Why not?

She looked over at him, wrinkling her brow.

Really?

The idea elicited a small laugh, and she shook her head, gaze casting again away from him.

You think I’d make a good mother?”

It seemed preposterous to her. She wasn’t exactly the most tender person. That’s what children needed right? Besides, she had enough chaos in her life. She preferred to keep herself on an even keel, and raising someone sounded stressful.

And then, there was the lack of innate desire and, what at least felt like a lack of instinct.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 7:47:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
her gaze is returned, brow furrowed in confusion and. . . frustration?
[break][break]
"why not?"
[break][break]
the question isn't a challenge, more, curiosity. she was eager to call out his misgivings, but, what of her own?

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:21:28 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sage shrugged. Did she really need a reason, anyways? Why did children seem so appealing to so many people, when so few of them were actually suited? 

“I don’t know. I don’t really feel like the type.”

Perhaps time would, unfortunately, prove that she wasn't.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:46:31 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
his thoughts linger to his own mother. a drunkard and punching bag. he remembers her joking about playing russian roulette every morning before getting out of bed. he didn't believe her, of course, until he saw the revolver on the table. even after all these years, he still has difficulty coming to terms with that.
[break][break]
how many times did he wish he wasn't born? that he had a different mom? dad?
[break][break]
too many to count.
[break][break]
so, could he really fault her for feeling that way? maybe if his parents did, then——
[break][break]
he shuts it out.
[break][break]
"fer what it's worth, i think ye'd be a good mom."
[break][break]

and that's the truth.

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 9:32:27 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
What did he know?

She stared at the ground, picturing her own childhood a moment. Scattered, and without parents of her own—ever, really. The memories weren’t necessarily painful. They just… were.

Perhaps there would always be a lingering suspicion that there was something wrong with her, but she’d never tell anyone. Such concerns were pointless. She did what she could, and she always had. No sense in dwelling, especially when there was nothing about herself that she was willing to change for anyone.

Not even her own child, Arceus forbid.

“I think you’re wrong.” Again, she looked at him. “But we’re all entitled to our own opinions, right?”