Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 6:27:23 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
KANTO, FIVE YEARS AGO...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king stretches his neck, feeling the king that had been coiling in his neck for hours. a small bag from a local convenience store sat lazily on the floor next to him, the crisp cold chill of the wind keeping the contents from spoiling. a pair of binoculars rested in a firm, but slowly loosening grip, and he turns to the woman beside him.
[break]
[break]

he did his best to play natural, and cool, despite how his heart swelled each time he saw her. she was one of the only people he could speak gently to, even if his words didn't always convey that.
[break]
[break]

"are ye sure the information is correct? we've been here three hours already, and we ain't see nothin'."
[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 9:29:42 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

“Well… no, I guess not. I know we followed it right, at least.”

Sagira shook her head and shrugged in what way she could with elbows propped in front of her. She lowered her own binoculars and met his gaze. 

“Maybe things changed. Think we should head back yet?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 18:27:06 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
in-truth, he wanted to head back. his back and calves were killing him along with the kink that was already throbbing in his neck, and his patience had grown thin in waiting.
[break]
[break]

but, he rarely had any alone time with gira. he didn't want it to end just yet.
[break]
[break]

"n-no-"
[break]
[break]

he clears his throat.
[break]
[break]

"not yet. knowing our luck, we might miss something the second we leave. we should give it a bit more time."
[break]
[break]

king doesn't dare look at her, fearing his expression would falter. his heart was on his sleeve when it came to this woman, and it made him vulnerable and weak. he hated it.
[break]
[break]

but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't change it.
[break]

[break]

he decides to take the pressure off as best he can.
[break]
[break]

"you want a snack or something?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 21:13:49 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

She caught his stutter and blinked, eyes lingering on his profile for a moment in some bemused thought before returning to the area under their mutual surveillance.

“Okay.”

So, they would stay for a bit more time.

He offered food and her stomach growled.

“Sure. I could eat.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 22:37:58 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
grabbing the bag, he tosses it's crumpled form to her. there were a number of different kinds of snacks, a few energy drinks, and some candy. all the stuff to make a good stakeout more interesting.
[break]
[break]

oddly, a few of her favorites were included too.
[break]
[break]

"take whatever ye want. no need to hold yerself back."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 0:21:45 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

She pushed up a bit, grabbing the bag to rifle through. Vinegared, spicy Corphish chips. She gave a light huff and an appreciative smirk. It wasn’t hidden, but if he wouldn’t look at her, he wouldn’t catch it.

She was aware enough to know she mostly smiled to herself.

“Thanks.”

Did he pay that much attention, or was it just a lucky guess?

Grabbing out what caught her eye, she tossed the bag back over and rolled onto a shoulder a bit to pull at metallic film. Ate one and looked back to him, chewing, and not bothering to bring the binoculars back to her face again yet.

“I haven’t had these in months.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 1:52:09 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
despite his early posturing, he couldn't help but catch glances of her out of the corner of his eye. her smile sent a tingle down his spine, but he played it off easily. well, not easily. he was still fighting the pleasant high when she spoke up again.
[break]
[break]

"ye? just somethin' random i tossed in the bag. like 'em, then?"
[break]
[break]

he lingers his hopes too heavily on the end as he bites off his sentence. he was lying, of course. how many stores did he go to in an effort to find them? five? six? a victorious fist thrust into the air, when he finally did.
[break]
[break]

he takes out an energy drink, still cold enough to satisfy, and cracked it open. shit, his blood was probably twenty perfect of this crap. perks of the job, i guess.
[break]
[break]

"ye'd think the league would pay for the concess'ns fer crappy jobs like this."
[break]
[break]

king scowls.

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 7:03:36 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

“Yeah, they’re my favorite.” A few more were eaten and washed down with a sip of water from a canteen. Then, she side-eyed him a moment, gauging. “Good job.”

At his sentiment about the League, she gave a light chuckle. 

“Would you, though?”

Binoculars came back up to her face as she settled further onto her elbows again. Still nothing from where she was looking.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 7:29:08 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]king stiffens his shoulders, looking proud, and unfazed.
[break][break]
"ye, ye. i'll see if i can't keep a lookout or somethin' when i go out for 'em."
[break][break]
he nearly cleared his throat again, but quickly added.
[break][break]
"if i have time, that is."
[break][break]
he chuckled, despite his show of bravado. he knew better, of course. the league was essentially its own government. and what did governments' never want to do? satisfy their constituents.
[break][break]
"ye, yer right. i'm givin' em way too much credit."

[break][break]
eyes peer through his own binoculars, hovering it on the other side of the building.[break][break]
"wait, shit. i see somethin'."
[break][break]
a truck had pulled up and it looked like it was beggining to be unloaded. but of what?

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 9:10:25 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
King was still difficult enough to read that she couldn’t confirm any of her suspicions. Whatever the reason, she had Corphish chips now, and that was pretty cool. Without much further thought, her eyes did as they were supposed to.

She shrugged. “Maybe.” Definitely.

But their criticisms would be cut short by the job. 

“Where?” She scanned, noticing the truck, and then the people unloading. “Oh.”

“Can you see what it is?”

She dialed in further.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 9:17:01 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]admittedly, his eye-sight was terrible. years of gaming with had worn them down, made worse only by his refusal to get glasses. leaning in, he worked his best to magnify the image. it was vague, at first; simple crates that needed at least two people, or pokemon, to assist with.
[break][break]
then, started comin' something that had king quivering in violent rage.
[break][break]
children.
[break][break]
they were small — most of them — and frail, barely able to keep themselves upright. there was rumors of child labor in kanto, but... this was something else to see.
[break][break]
"kids."
[break][break]
his tone brokered none of calm, or peace held moments before. behind it, only an endless sea of fury.
[break][break]
he made to move his way down from their eagles nest, blinded by rage.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 11:45:51 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Eyebrows set high on her face behind the binoculars. As the word left his lips, her sight fell on them. It hitched her breath a little, but, mostly, she remained calm.

As soon as he made a move, she jumped up, and ahead of him, throwing a palm out into his chest and pressing fingers firmly.

“Wayland, no. Stop. You’re going to put them in more danger.”

They were only two people.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 18:56:52 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
it takes every bit of coherency king has to not shove sage out of the way. the flood of anger was enough to drown all those in his path — including himself.
[break]
[break]

king takes one, large shuddering breath. his mind returns for a moment to his childhood; to his mother, and father. the pain, abuse and so much more pushing itself up from the depths of his subconscious like a deadly leviathan.
[break]
[break]

he tosses it aside, but it lingers just on the edge; more nightmares to plague his sleep with, undoubtedly.
[break]
[break]

teeth grind together with the intensity of mortar and pestle, and his eyes meet sagira's. there's a pleading desperation behind them, one that's swallowed in the sea of rage, loathing, and pain.
[break]
[break]

"we need to do somethin' gira. i ain't lettin' no sick fucks keep kids like that."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 21:16:58 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sage hadn’t known the same sort of childhood—but she’d certainly known the struggle of a wayward youth and lack of control. Being moved around, and forced into situations which made her uncomfortable.

She wasn’t easily sent into such panic and rage. She was grounded, and kept both her feet in front of him, planted firmly. While King was much bigger, her will and resolve was just as strong.

Until he broke it with some look in his eye.

Her fingers drew back with the lightest shove and she shook her head. “Fine. But we have to think it through. You can’t just go barging in there like that.”

“If you have a plan, tell me first. Don't just leave me behind. I'm your partner, not your back-up.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
stakeout
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 21:35:39 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
like a veil, king shrouded himself in the pain, and anger of an unfair childhood; warped and twisted as it was. sage's voice brings his head out from within' the growing thunderstorm, leading his feet back to the ground. his breath comes out in a hiss between clenched teeth, his jaw steeled. eventually, he nods in understanding, swallowing heavily.
[break]
[break]

"yer right."
[break]
[break]

he rarely admitted that to others. she was one of the few exceptions.
[break]
[break]

"we need ta⁠— fuck."
[break]
[break]

his hands move to his forehead, rubbing against it heavily in frustration. blood pumped through to his ears in thunderous beats.
[break]
[break]

"we need ta hit 'em hard 'n fast. longer it takes, the more likely they're gon' use the kids as hostages 'r some shit."

[break]

[break]