saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 16:02:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's pitch-black in the square-shaped arena. two pokeballs bursting open is the only chance matias gets to survey the area. he glances, gauges, and memorizes. not that it'll matter much regardless.

a battle is a battle. this is nothing different.

"i like the concept."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 16:31:10 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was cool and dry. Music was piped in, a mix of electronica and rock. The lights weren't off to begin with, no. Matias would get a good look at the room: the lights with the indigo of an overripe blueberry, bouncing off white tiled surfaces. The room at the end of a cartoonishly long neon hallway.

He was met with a knowing smile from the gym leader, a shirtless man who was just twenty three. He wore black jeans, and a towel around his neck. The lights cut out as he started speaking, from the opposite side of the room, back against a tiled white wall.

"Thanks. You're here at the Rustboro Gym. This city is a hive of human activity and industrial economy, so it was the perfect place to display the type that owes itself to human interference the most. The Ghost type." He said, looking to the taller man. The last lights either of them would see for the next half hour would be the flashes of red and white of pokeballs opening. Giona opened with Mismagius and Rotom.

"You'll win a badge if you show your pokemon what you bring to the table."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 10:29:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"alright."

the last of the lights flick off, bringing their battle to a start.

for moments, all is silent.

then, an order:

"stay at range."

flames ignite around the snorlax, wrapping around its THICK FAT before it pulses across the room in a FIRE BLAST.

blissey MINIMIZES, shrinking.

[attr="class","noodles"]hLv7KR4d for FIRE BLAST

-20 to attacks against blissey

[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 19:20:52 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was cool and dry. Fire blast just barely missed. The light generated by the burning of carbon in the ensuing blast showed the gout of flame hitting the wall. Giona raised a brow.

He smiled. Not that anyone would see it. He’d have to thank Matias later for pulling any humidity out of the room with his blast.

"A wise choice. I’m sure it’ll pay off." He said, looking to the taller man. The Mismagius fired back at Snorlax with Power Gem. A slurry of rock that caught what little light was in the room. 0hd_SQ_h

Rotom used Double Team, shaving -10 off the next attack on it. Was it actually creating duplicates? Was it just moving quickly? Either way, it’d feel like Rotom was struck, regardless of if the move connected. The light made it difficult to confirm.

"You’re pretty good at this.."
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 11:18:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]POWER GEM flies past them, barely missing the large snorlax who stands (or sits, rather) his ground. flames continue to wrap around the normal-type, lingering even after the last attack.

"we've fought a fair few battles at night, so this is quite familiar."

a similar flame engulfs the blissey as it COPYCATS. combined, the flames are enough to illuminate just their side of the room.

"the stakes are very different, though."

two FIRE BLASTS soar across the room, both aimed at the mismagius.

[attr="class","noodles"]4i5TmlCZ for snorlax's FIRE BLAST on mismagius

for blissey's FIRE BLAST on mismagius

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 21:27:22 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was cool and dry. One fire blast just barely missed. The light generated by the burning of carbon in the ensuing blast showed the gout of flame hitting the wall. Giona raised a brow.

He smiled. Not that anyone would see it. He’d have to thank Matias later for pulling any humidity out of the room with his blast.

"I'm sure those were harrowing battles. I'm glad this one is happening within a mile of a Pokemon Center." He said, looking to the taller man. The other made its mark, hitting Mismagius. The Mismagius fired back at Snorlax with Payback. A physical move powered up by being struck recently. A flurry of cloth-covered fists. Ow1n7xRj

Rotom used Thunder Wave, trying to slow Snorlax down even more with a series of descending sparks. It was setting up to spam Electro Ball.

"So... You're definitely not new to this. What do you do for a living?"
·
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 16:37:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]both the PAYBACK and ELECTRO BALL miss their mark, perhaps the darkness playing a factor in how both matias' pokemon are able to dodge the attacks.

"i work with the league and help out wherever needed. most of the times it's with training their officers."

trying a different approach, a torrent of SURF washes over the room, conjured up by nothing more than a few simple gestures from the snorlax. again, it's amplified by blissey's COPYCAT, doubling the wave in intensity and speed.

"gotta make sure they're ready for rocket."

[attr="class","noodles"]xlZbUSIO for snorlax's SURF on both of them (?)

for blissey's SURF on both of them (?)

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 15:49:10 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The room was cool and dry. Was. Two roaring waves of water rose, and descended, trying to clip his team. The waves thankfully didn’t hit the breaker switches, which would’ve killed everyone.

"...Rocket, huh? You have a tough battle ahead of you." He said, looking to the taller man. The other failed to make its mark, grazing Mismagius. The Mismagius fired back at Snorlax with Confuse Ray. An attempt to turn its terrifying power against it. J8HhHrsy

Rotom used Electro Ball, trying to capitalize on its speed advantage, that being the only advantage that it had.

"That’s so kind of you. I’ve only ever interacted with the Rangers. I don’t think I’ve seen League Officers recently."
·
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2021 15:54:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"nah, won't be too tough."

the rocket here, from what he's seen and heard, can't compare to the iteration he faced in kanto, and even then he was far from scared.

if anything, he ran towards the battle, much like he will here.

"might be because we don't leave base much. you're always welcome to come train with us."

the battle rages on, both attacks missing their mark which allows his pokemon to send FIRE BLASTS back their way, drying what's left of the prior SURF.

[attr="class","noodles"]p1m8xxDv for snorlax's FIRE BLAST on mismagius

for blissey's FIRE BLAST on mismagius

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 22:18:05 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

"...There's some tough guys out there. You're probably right to stay on base and train all the time." He said, looking to the taller man. Mismagius was knocked out. Chandelure took its place, and opened with Confuse Ray on Snorlax. xz4M02J3

Rotom used Electro Ball against Snorlax, trying to capitalize on its speed advantage, that being the only advantage that it had.

"I may have to take you up on that offer."
·
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 10:17:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]they don't train all the time, clearly, but there's no avoiding the simple fact that most won't fair well in an actual fight for their lives. he's here to change that, or at least attempt to.

snorlax closes its eyes, avoiding the CONFUSE RAY only to get smacked by the ELECTRO BALL that's amplified due to their natural speed difference.

grunting through the pain, snorlax returns a SURF that's also amplified with blissey's COPYCAT.

"i'm stationed in lilycove, if you're ever in the city."

[attr="class","noodles"]SxCeHyBX for snorlax's SURF

for blissey's SURF

·
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 7:44:58 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

"...It doesn't take too long to fly there. I'll look into it." He said, looking to the taller man. Chandelure was knocked out. Sableye took its place. Desperate, Giona put a stone into his bracelet. Sableye's chest-stone expanded so much that it popped out of its socket, forming a tower-shield. Sableye opened with Confuse Ray on Snorlax. vTtiApPe

Rotom used Electro Ball against Snorlax, trying to capitalize on its speed advantage, that being the only advantage that it had.

"I heard there was a cookout for League officials. I'm sorry I couldn't be there."
·
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 15:38:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"it was hotpot. you missed out."

haidilao, to be specific, but there was a branch in every city, so giona could visit should he ever want to.

snorlax would've succumbed to the CONFUSE RAY if not for blissey's PROTECT, which broke shortly after as the ELECTRO BALL[B/] blasted through, zapping snorlax. it grunted, though held on just enough to survive the round.

to counteract the damage, it RESTED, falling asleep.

[attr="class","noodles"]forgot if i needed to roll for these moves but lemme know if i do

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
MATIAS VS GIONA (GYM)
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 2:02:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]
Giona's position as a gym leader has been retconned.

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: